New Disney Releases

soccerstud652

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Amazon has pre-orders up for (w/ a tentative release date of June 11, 2013):

Lilo & Stitch / Lilo & Stitch: Stitch Has A Glitch Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Lilo-Stitch-T...id=1364254426&sr=1-1&keywords=lilo+and+stitch

Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Atlantis: Milo's Return: Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Atlantis-Empi...Blu-ray/dp/B00BWRKVTU/ref=zg_bs_2958935011_41

The Emperor's New Groove / Kronk's New Groove: Two-Movie Collection (Three Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Emperors-New-...364254471&sr=1-1&keywords=emperors+new+groove

I don't see any of the usual Amazon discount coupons - anyone have info on the coupons?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im still waiting for the last batch from a few wks ago to drop in price. havent seen any coupons for these yet

Eh, I am up in the air about these. Like Milan, I loved the original Lilo & Stitch and Emperor's New Groove, but I don't want the sequels.

I also have a feeling the cover art for these will be horrible.

[quote name='crow3232']Im still waiting for the last batch from a few wks ago to drop in price. havent seen any coupons for these yet[/QUOTE]

They never did. Disney's latest thing is to do the whole "buy 2, get $x off!!" now, sadly... I'll be waiting for a sale for them to go down to $20 each. Usually Target does them a couple months later.

Atlantis' coverart actually looks pretty cool (though the title placement could use some work). Lilo's is OK, but at least it doesn't shoehorn the sequel in there. Emperor's is horrible.

I don't really mind them adding the sequels in even though I have no interest in them. It's not like they are charging more for them because of it and people with kids I'm sure get use out of them.

Still need to catch up with the last batch: Pixar Volume 2, Mulan, Brother Bear, & Hunchback. And one that's OOP now.. Beauty & The Beast Xmas one :whistle2:( I usually try to get every one with the exception of Winnie The Pooh.

Oh and yeah.. that cover art for Emperor's New Groove is just awful. That's the best they could come out with? Really? :whistle2:D

[quote name='Greenboom98']Still need to catch up with the last batch: Pixar Volume 2, Mulan, Brother Bear, & Hunchback. And one that's OOP now.. Beauty & The Beast Xmas one :whistle2:( I usually try to get every one with the exception of Winnie The Pooh.

Oh and yeah.. that cover art for Emperor's New Groove is just awful. That's the best they could come out with? Really? :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Yeah that one was really bad. Especially after the really classy 2-disc set for the DVD with the gold llama on the cover.

Speaking of Disney releases, how come Hercules hasn't had a re-release in over a decade? The last DVD it had is still the old Gold from 1999. Every other title since got several re-releases.

Ordered them all.
Is there a list of all the released Disney animated blu rays?

Also, is there a good site that keeps tracks of future releases? Like Aladdin?

Is the second Lilo and Stitch even worth watching? If not, that's a waste of $7 over what I'd pay for the original Lilo and Stitch.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Too bad there's no release date[/QUOTE]
Digital Bits has them listed for June 11th

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/032213_1300

Also, I'm super excited about Emperor's New Groove. I've been waiting forever to get this (even though I own it digitally several times over) :whee:

And while not a Disney movie, Universal is finally bringing The Shadow to blu-ray on June 6th! Excited for that one too.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Ordered them all.
Is there a list of all the released Disney animated blu rays?

Also, is there a good site that keeps tracks of future releases? Like Aladdin?[/QUOTE]

I think I read somewhere (probably Bluray.com) that Aladdin was pushed back until next year, because they were making it 3D and putting it back in theaters. The Little Mermaid is supposed to be their last "big one" this year.

Love both the original Lilo and Emperor's, but WTF Disney where are my Digital Copy's. I hate that they excluded a DC from Mulan. At least just offer the DC for the original and not the sequel.

Is it true they are closing the vault for some Disney movies already? I read it in my Peter Pan blu ray

Stitch has a glitch, while not as good as the original movie, is actually a pretty good movie. It's one of the better straight to video movies.

[quote name='Trojann']Is it true they are closing the vault for some Disney movies already? I read it in my Peter Pan blu ray[/QUOTE]Probably only the big releases. They will put it in the vault then re-release it in a year or two.

I'd like to know when Disney is going to give their live-action family films the Blu-ray treatment.

Disney Vault titles don't get re-released in a year or two. More like 5+ years..

There are several in the vault already:

Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Bambi
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

The following are going in the vault in April:

The Lion King
Lady and the Tramp

[quote name='ssjmichael']Disney Vault titles don't get re-released in a year or two. More like 5+ years..

Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Bambi
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King
Lady and the Tramp[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought it was 10 wasn't it?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Disney Vault titles don't get re-released in a year or two. More like 5+ years..

Snow White
Pinocchio
Sleeping Beauty
Bambi
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Beauty and the Beast

The Lion King
Lady and the Tramp[/QUOTE]

Seems like they open it every 5th anniversary though. The only one I missed and regret is Pinocchio.

D'oh! I'm missing Snow White, Pinocchio, and Bambi from that list. Although you can get them from Amazon for $50+ each. fucking scalpers.

Does anyone know the other movies that are in the 'vault' rotation?

$15 seems to be the magic price point for Disney movies if you're patient and can wait 6 months or so. I'll pay $20 for some blu-ray+DVD combos though.

The only one I've ever paid full price for was Frankenweenie when it came out because I took my daughter to see it at the second run theater and she loved it so much she wanted to watch it again and again. We went to Target a few days later and it had just been released on Blu-Ray, so I gave in and bought it for her. She loved the extra features.

She's 3 and a half and Frankenweenie was one of her first movies in the theater...she also saw Rise of the Guardians when it came out and loved it. I just ordered her that blu-ray for $15 on BestBuy.com with their $10 free gift card offer. We are going to all of the movies at the second-run theater now.

I'm guessing Cinderella, Dumbo, and Alice in Wonderland might go in the vault soon. Basically any of the classic disney "diamond edition" releases.

Bambi is still available at non-vault prices at amazon though. I won't pay vault scalper prices for the others. Will just wait for the next release, probably with 3d if they didn't do it already last time.

[quote name='scottman']I'm guessing Cinderella, Dumbo, and Alice in Wonderland might go in the vault soon. Basically any of the classic disney "diamond edition" releases.

Bambi is still available at non-vault prices at amazon though. I won't pay vault scalper prices for the others. Will just wait for the next release, probably with 3d if they didn't do it already last time.[/QUOTE]

I read that Disney cancelled the theatrical release of The Little Mermaid 3D due to poor ticket sales for Monsters Inc 3D. I'm not sure if we'll see any of the other Disney classics converted.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I read that Disney cancelled the theatrical release of The Little Mermaid 3D due to poor ticket sales for Monsters Inc 3D. I'm not sure if we'll see any of the other Disney classics converted.[/QUOTE]

True but it is still slated for release on BluRay this summer

Oooh, I'll probably be picking up Emperor and Lilo & Stitch. I never saw Atlantis, but my girlfriend wasn't impressed, and it's just a retelling of Nadia of the Blue Water anyway, so I'd probably rather pick that up if given the choice (and she might already own it.)

[quote name='JediDeath']Digital Bits has them listed for June 11th

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/032213_1300

Also, I'm super excited about Emperor's New Groove. I've been waiting forever to get this (even though I own it digitally several times over) :whee:

And while not a Disney movie, Universal is finally bringing The Shadow to blu-ray on June 6th! Excited for that one too.

I think I read somewhere (probably Bluray.com) that Aladdin was pushed back until next year, because they were making it 3D and putting it back in theaters. The Little Mermaid is supposed to be their last "big one" this year.[/QUOTE]

Picked up "The Shadow" already from Germany since I figured feet would be dragged. Also Own "Strange Days" from overseas since it hasn't hit U.S. shores on Blu-ray yet.

If anyone is looking for some of the Vault movies check out Half Price Books or local used movie stores. I found Sleeping Beauty for $14.99 at Half Price Books yesterday and ordered a slipcover off ebay for it. All in all it was only $24.99 I paid when it's going for $72 on Amazon.

[quote name='DNukem170']Probably only the big releases. They will put it in the vault then re-release it in a year or two.

I'd like to know when Disney is going to give their live-action family films the Blu-ray treatment.[/QUOTE]
Yes Id like to know when they will do some live actions also

My kids and I both enjoy Brother Bear. Its not a classic but it's good. If you have cable its been on a lot lately on Starz, ABC Family, Disney Channel and On Demand if you want to check it out before you buy it. Think it may be on Netflix instant as well.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']decent preorder deal going on now for anyone set on getting the little mermaid when it comes out. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Little-Mermaid-Blu-ray/70722/

I have pretty much all the classics, I've been tempted to go back and get a few of the lesser animated classics like the Aristocats and rescuer down under. Does anyone have anything good to say about brother bear btw?[/QUOTE]

I recently picked up Brother Bear since it was the only one of the three that I hadn't seen.

I just watched it the other night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a huge Disney fan and Brother Bear was one of the few Disney animated films that I haven't seen.

I highly recommend it. Can't speak for the sequel, I heard it wasn't great so I didn't bother watching it right then.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']decent preorder deal going on now for anyone set on getting the little mermaid when it comes out. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Little-Mermaid-Blu-ray/70722/

I have pretty much all the classics, I've been tempted to go back and get a few of the lesser animated classics like the Aristocats and rescuer down under. Does anyone have anything good to say about brother bear btw?[/QUOTE]

Brother Bear is underrated. Double dipping on a Phil Collins soundtrack was a mistake. Tarzan was plenty. But otherwise, it has a lot going for it. If you're a fan of SCTV's McKenzie Brothers (i.e., Strange Brew), and who isn't, then it's worth it for their appearance alone. Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas basically play Bob and Doug as moose. Best of all, you get an entire audio commentary with them in-character and lapsing even more into their Bob and Doug personae.

The film has a nice plot and some interesting effects such as how it
changes aspect ratios when Kenai goes through bear transformation
. It is also significant in Disney/animation history since it was the last really serious 2D animated effort (I don't count Home on the Range, nor should anyone) before the studio was effectively shuttered (and then resurrected under John Lasseter -- although the middling performance of Princess and the Frog combined with Disney finally finding its 3D footing with Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph may have doomed it again).

In summation, a worthwhile purchase.

[quote name='Tybee']Brother Bear is underrated. Double dipping on a Phil Collins soundtrack was a mistake. Tarzan was plenty. But otherwise, it has a lot going for it. If you're a fan of SCTV's McKenzie Brothers (i.e., Strange Brew), and who isn't, then it's worth it for their appearance alone. Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas basically play Bob and Doug as moose. Best of all, you get an entire audio commentary with them in-character and lapsing even more into their Bob and Doug personae.

The film has a nice plot and some interesting effects such as how it
changes aspect ratios when Kenai goes through bear transformation
. It is also significant in Disney/animation history since it was the last really serious 2D animated effort (I don't count Home on the Range, nor should anyone) before the studio was effectively shuttered (and then resurrected under John Lasseter -- although the middling performance of Princess and the Frog combined with Disney finally finding its 3D footing with Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph may have doomed it again).

In summation, a worthwhile purchase.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gden']Brother bear 2 isn't terrible, but it's your typical disney DTV sequel, but it's decent[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Penguin1084']I recently picked up Brother Bear since it was the only one of the three that I hadn't seen.

I just watched it the other night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm a huge Disney fan and Brother Bear was one of the few Disney animated films that I haven't seen.

I highly recommend it. Can't speak for the sequel, I heard it wasn't great so I didn't bother watching it right then.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='El Rey']My kids and I both enjoy Brother Bear. Its not a classic but it's good. If you have cable its been on a lot lately on Starz, ABC Family, Disney Channel and On Demand if you want to check it out before you buy it. Think it may be on Netflix instant as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your opinions, I will definitely pick it up now.:bouncy:

Anyone find anything good for the Miyazaki stuff hitting next week (Totoro, Howl)? The last round of Ghibli had a discount if you bought them together on Amazon, but no such luck this time.

[quote name='bronsonbeliever']Anyone find anything good for the Miyazaki stuff hitting next week (Totoro, Howl)? The last round of Ghibli had a discount if you bought them together on Amazon, but no such luck this time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping we see a drop in price around release day. Very much looking forward to picking them both up (along with Grave of the Fireflies...)

I've never seen a Studio Ghibli movie. The US releases are English dubbed, right? How well does the audio sync up the lip movements? Poor dubbing ruins immersion for me.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I've never seen a Studio Ghibli movie. The US releases are English dubbed, right? How well does the audio sync up the lip movements? Poor dubbing ruins immersion for me.[/QUOTE]

Most of the Ghibli releases have both Japanese and English audio tracks. The English voices are actually really well done. Of course the audio/lip sync won't be perfect all the time but you have the option to go to the original audio too.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I've never seen a Studio Ghibli movie. The US releases are English dubbed, right? How well does the audio sync up the lip movements? Poor dubbing ruins immersion for me.[/QUOTE]

It's Disney, their dubs are the best of the best (although some purists will say that ANY dubbing is a crime).

bread's done
Back