New Disney Releases

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#121 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:01 PM

For the missing slip/O-sleeve issues, what is the phone number people are calling?

^this can someone please post the number?

#122 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

^this can someone please post the number?

I was going to third the request but did a search instead, I found this on DVDtalk, I don't know how accurate it is, first thing I found.

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail. We are happy to let you know that o-sleeves, wraps, and cases can be purchased for a nominal charge. The cost for these items in a single shipment is $3.95 for the first item, and $1.00 for each additional item.

If you would like to purchase an o-sleeve, wrap, or case, you may send $3.95 (add $1.00 for each additional item) to our Consumer Relations Department to cover shipping and handling for these items. To take advantage of this offer, a check or money order (made payable to WDSHE Consumer Relations) along with a letter of intent should be sent to:

WDSHE Consumer Relations
PO Box 3100
Neenah, WI 54957-3100

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (Canada: 1-888-877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studios Distribution Consumer Relations
US and Canada

#123 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 08:36 PM

Did the Roger Rabbit o sleeves ever get re- issued?

#124 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Has anybody doing the O-sleeves been able to verify if they have Ponyo available? Neither Amazon nor Disney club are shipping them with the sleeves anymore, and I don't want to just send a check into the ether if they don't have them. And I feel weird calling about slipcovers. But if they have Ponyo I might order replacements for all at the same time to upgrade the condition on them.

Also, was there a version of Spirited Away with Ghibli branding? I'm looking at this, but the picture makes me suspicious this might be a bootleg based on the plastic seal being over the slip.
Spirited Away. My DVD copy doesn't match the other Ghibli branding, and I was curious if there is a version out there that looks like that.

#125 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

I believe that is the 2nd release.

#126 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Neither Amazon, nor Disney have Ponyo slips anymore as far as I know. Your best bet is to look on ebay, or another trading site for it.

I can't say I've seen that version of Spirited Away before. No Disney site seemed to have it, and when I looked through Google Images, just 3 sites showed it, and they're all from China. I would lean towards it being a bootleg.

Here's one such site, selling them in Bulk: http://www.tradedes....ml#.UaV8CL3dO84

#127 The Questyen

The Questyen

formerly gothamcentral79

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

Spirited Away wasn't re-released. That's a fake.

Now Playing: Bioshock Infinite (replay) (PS3) / Shovel Knight (Wii U) / To the Moon (PC)

Recently Finished: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4) A / Entwined (PS4) B- / Murdered: Soul Suspect (PS4) A- / Kentucky Route Zero Act III (PC) A-

#128 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

Lilo and Emperor's New Groove Blu-rays are now at the Disney Movie Club. Get both for $30 (not each, combined) and if you buy either Pocahantas or Monsters Inc on Blu-ray for a total of $43, you get free shipping.

#129 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

The first thing I do when I get my Disney Blus is throw out the sleeves. I didn't know they were so highly in demand, maybe I should be selling these.

#130 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

The first thing I do when I get my Disney Blus is throw out the sleeves. I didn't know they were so highly in demand, maybe I should be selling these.

Holy shit

#131 Petey Parker

Petey Parker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Lilo and Emperor's New Groove Blu-rays are now at the Disney Movie Club. Get both for $30 (not each, combined) and if you buy either Pocahantas or Monsters Inc on Blu-ray for a total of $43, you get free shipping.

If you want Monsters Inc it is actually cheaper to put them in the cart separately and you will still get free shipping. Monsters Inc is only $12.48 at the half off price (while you are paying $13.00 if you do it through the offer)

I went with Lilo and ENG for $29.95, Nemo for $12.48, and Howl's Moving Castle for $14.98 for a total of $57.41.

#132 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

Holy shit

What? It's just cardboard that has the EXACT SAME stuff as the actual Blu-ray case.

#133 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Fackkkkk. My Ponyo didn't come with a slip. It looks out of place.

I will say I like the gold and blue together.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#134 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

I just picked up a few Ghibli blus at B&N and none of them had slipcovers. Not a biggie to me, but kind of odd if they're supposed to have them.

#135 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

If you want Monsters Inc it is actually cheaper to put them in the cart separately and you will still get free shipping. Monsters Inc is only $12.48 at the half off price (while you are paying $13.00 if you do it through the offer)

Meh, I am not gonna cry over $1. Not like I'm keeping Monsters Inc. anyway.

#136 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Are there any deals/coupons for next week's Disney wave (Atlantis, Lilo & Stitch, and Emperor)?

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#137 brak014

brak014

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I follow someone on Twitter (@RyanGallagher) who has his copy of Emperor's New Groove on blu-ray for review and he's saying there are no bonus features on the blu-ray, really tempted to cancel my order and hope to find it cheaper at a later date. The Atlantis blu-ray does have supplements

PSN: brak014
Steam: brak014
Twitter: TheAdamWells

#138 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Decided to go ahead and keep my orders for Lilo and Atlantis. I'll pass on Emperor's New Groove for now, even though I personally loved it as a kid.

Now playing: Diablo 3 (360), Lost Planet 3, Saints Row 4, Rayman Legends, Killzone Mercenary, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

#139 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

Totally forgot these were out next week and Lilo already shipped.  Pretty sad there's no sales on these again and not even advertised.  WTF is going on at Disney?  Stop shitting on releases just because they weren't mega hits you fuckwads.

#140 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Eh? Lilo was a big enough hit to get 3 more movies and two TV series.

#141 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

Eh? Lilo was a big enough hit to get 3 more movies and two TV series.

What I mean is they don't seem to promote shit anymore unless it's relevant or a vault release.  I had completely forgotten these were coming out this week until I saw the shipping notice pop up.

#142 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

I ended up cancelling all 3 movie orders. I figure they'll be $15 or less at some point this year.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#143 mkc848

mkc848

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

I follow someone on Twitter (@RyanGallagher) who has his copy of Emperor's New Groove on blu-ray for review and he's saying there are no bonus features on the blu-ray, really tempted to cancel my order and hope to find it cheaper at a later date. The Atlantis blu-ray does have supplements

According to the review on blu-ray.com, the special features for each movie are included on the DVD discs.  Sucks that they aren't on the blu-ray disc as well.  Same for the Lilo & Stitch 2-Pack.

#144 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

What is it with Disney giving extras to Lilo and Emperor?

#145 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Just got them in. These sets don't have the disc listing that normal Disney releases have that tell you what is on each disc. Warning sign right there.

#146 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well, it appears that Best Buy isn't carrying these in store.

#147 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

YEP!  My store had nothing and Target puts them in those retarded cases that crunch the slipcover, so Amazon it is!

#148 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Damn.  My copies of Emperor & Lilo have both shipped (expected today) and it sounds like I should have held off on them.

I hope this trend doesnt' continue to the next batch - I'll be really pissed if Robin Hood is a bare bones release.

#149 vballboy51

vballboy51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

I think because they are squeezing both movies on to one blu, plus then each movie on its own dvd, they don't want to add a 4th/5th disc to some of these releases.  Remember, Lilo and Emperors are both the first and second movies, making that the 3 disc set.  I think they just cheaped out on the 4th disc here.

i'll be keeping my SE of Emperors and hopefully finding a copy of L&S SE for those extras.  

#150 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

YEP!  My store had nothing and Target puts them in those retarded cases that crunch the slipcover, so Amazon it is!

Don't throw Target out the window yet, I found this on Blu-Ray.com.

Buy 2 save $6 at Best Buy

I found the same offer attached to Lilo and Stitch at Target, coupled with the Red Card not a bad discount.

EDIT: When i say attached, I mean there is a manufacturers coupon on the slip.