Should I bother with signing up for Best Buy's Gamer Zone?

aLucidMind

CAG Newbie
I'm debating whether or not I should, even more so when it comes to putting down $15 for the unlocked version of it. I've got a friend who works at TRU that lets me use his employee discount; I use my rewards (using rewards I get from paying bills and buying games on my TRU credit card) to get ~$20 off. Also, how do I really take advantage of the Gamer Zone card? I never trade in video games or my consoles.

The list of games I'm definitely going to be buying are:
GTA5, Remember Me, Beyond: Two Souls, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, and The Last of Us. There's a larger list that I want, but these are the main ones; plus I'll likely be buying lots of Microsoft Points over the course of the year.

Well, my problem is my TRU generally never has anything I want and the rewards don't work on microsoft points because TRU considers them to be gift cards when they aren't. My friend also plans on quitting, so that will kick my savings down to $15 at most on top of the fact that TRU doesn't price-match. Circumstances make it so that $20 I get is only every few months, which is hardly anything since my store generally has a bunch of games I already own or are ones that I just don't want; my Best Buy often does and frequently has collector's editions.

I'm just completely unfamiliar with the Gamer Zone card and I know that there are people here who know how to take the fullest advantage of it to save the most. Anyone mind sharing?

If you want to spend less on video games and get the perks... alway stay with one company. I been shopping with BB since the Future shop & CC closed. But now I find that Amazon is way better at CS and shipping. The only down side is they don't price match after you make your purchase unlike BB.

[quote name='Methoes']If you want to spend less on video games and get the perks... alway stay with one company. I been shopping with BB since the Future shop & CC closed. But now I find that Amazon is way better at CS and shipping. The only down side is they don't price match after you make your purchase unlike BB.[/QUOTE]
What is their policy on price matching after purchase? I went on ahead and bought the unlocked card and pre-ordered Last of Us and GTAV but I'm going to want to price-match as well if I can.

[quote name='aLucidMind']What is their policy on price matching after purchase? I went on ahead and bought the unlocked card and pre-ordered Last of Us and GTAV but I'm going to want to price-match as well if I can.[/QUOTE]

I believe its 15 days only if best buy puts the item at a lower price. Otherwise they will only price match other retailers the day of the purchase.

bread's done
Back