Even Bill Maher says "MAH TAXES!"

egofed

CAGiversary!
http://theweek.com/article/index/241753/why-conservatives-need-to-listen-to-bill-maher

"Liberals, you could actually lose me," Maher said. "It's outrageous what we're paying [in taxes]. Over 50 percent. I'm willing to pay my share, but yeah, it's ridiculous."

Whhhoooooaaahhh, Billy boy, sounds like heresy to me...

Here's a bonus article that cracked me up...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e07c-8ce1-11e2-b63f-f53fb9f2fcb4_story_2.html

"For the past three years, the Ortizes’ lives had unfolded in a series of exhausting, fractional decisions. Was it better to eat the string cheese now or to save it? To buy milk for $3.80 nearby or for $3.10 across town? Was it better to pay down the $600 they owed the landlord, or the $110 they owed for their cellphones, or the $75 they owed the tattoo parlor, or the $840 they owed the electric company?"

Hehhehehehehehe...nothing helps out in a job interview like some sweet "ink". It says they had their first accident (aka. kid) as Seniors in high school, lost their jobs in 2010 and now have another accident that is one year old. Way to reproduce while receiving a "hand up" from the tax payers. $518 a month in Snap benefits just doesn't cut it anymore....:roll:.

Over 50% of every dollar he receives past one million, I hope he means. Not over 50% of every dollar. Because it would be disingenuous as fuck to state otherwise.

What I want to know is why the fuck egofed is such an attention whore.

Hey smart guy, there's already a thread for praising and bashing Maher and his show. If you could tear yourself away from that conservative echo chamber, you might've noticed that he said it over a week ago. I bet you haven't even seen the statement in context, but I know you don't let petty shit like that get in your way of spamming the forum with redundant threads.

By the way, especially since I KNOW that you don't watch the show, but anyone who DOES follow the show on a regular basis knows that Maher has been calling for higher taxes for years...even on himself and his economical peers. Funny how you nor the article mentions that!

Last edited by a moderator:
*Insert ban worthy statement here* :rofl:

For the record, Maher was complaining about California state taxes. State's rights, amiright?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Crotch']Over 50% of every dollar he receives past one million, I hope he means. Not over 50% of every dollar. Because it would be disingenuous as fuck to state otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I listen to Sean Hannity on the radio quite often. He cites, with remarkable frequency, that he pays "60¢ out of every dollar to Uncle Sam."

I just chuckle to myself and shake my head. It's in his financial interest to overlook the severe factual inaccuracy of his statement (like so many things he says), and he's well trained to deflect, change the subject, and avoid taking any accountability for anything he says. So what good does it do me to get worked up over someone whose job it is to get people worked up?

:lol:

Also, this thread is premised on conflating state-v-federal (derp) taxation as well as crafting a stupid straw man that suggests liberals don't ever think taxes can be too high. Are we 12 years old, OP?

I do wonder what the actual taxation of my money I make a year goes to taxes. I think I'll start paying attention more, I'm sure it all adds up. With my property taxes, sales tax and income tax it'll be interesting to see what I find.

[quote name='mykevermin']

Also, this thread is premised on conflating state-v-federal (derp) taxation as well as crafting a stupid straw man that suggests liberals don't ever think taxes can be too high. Are we 12 years old, OP?[/QUOTE]

Is that what this thread is premised on? Because, being the one who created it, I thought it was premised on the hilarious fact that Bill Maher is now complaining about his taxes:roll:. Stop reading too much into what others post....unless you have the GIFT!!!! OOOoooo,,,oooo,,,what am I thinking right now?

[quote name='egofed']Is that what this thread is premised on? Because, being the one who created it, I thought it was premised on the hilarious fact that Bill Maher is now complaining about his taxes:roll:. Stop reading too much into what others post....unless you have the GIFT!!!! OOOoooo,,,oooo,,,what am I thinking right now?[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I said racism is overhyped these days, it's main use(in the western world) is as a weapon by people to accuse(others of being racist) or use as defense. He assumed from that alone that 'i wanted a colorblind society' & 'ive read one line of a MLK speech and think i know everything about him' Never mentioned MLK or anything of the sort at all.

A very strange psychic, predicts things you think in their own head then insults you for it.

[quote name='granturismo']:rofl:

I said racism is overhyped these days, it's main use(in the western world) is as a weapon by people to accuse(others of being racist) or use as defense. He assumed from that alone that 'i wanted a colorblind society' & 'ive read one line of a MLK speech and think i know everything about him' Never mentioned MLK or anything of the sort at all.

A very strange psychic, predicts things you think in their own head then insults you for it.[/QUOTE]
For someone that talks about others "race-baiting," you sure do a shit load of it. Pretty sure no one brought it up in this thread but you. Come to think of it, you tend to bring it up a lot in MANY threads lately.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I do wonder what the actual taxation of my money I make a year goes to taxes. I think I'll start paying attention more, I'm sure it all adds up. With my property taxes, sales tax and income tax it'll be interesting to see what I find.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of doing this as well. I pay an excessive amount of property tax to a city that when I look around, I can't figure out where it all goes. Looking at the tax rolls and the number of houses in the city, it is astounding how much money they are getting each year. Tack on that any fees, tickets, fines, etc etc etc and how they still can't afford ANYTHING is beyond me.

It must go to something...right?

bread's done
Back