Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#331 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Does anyone know if Target does price matches for games? I'm planning on getting a 3DS from Target on Sunday, and would rather buy Pokemon and Luigi's Mansion there if they price match than to drive to K-Mart and buy it.

#332 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

They should, they're matching games from BB for the B2G1 that's going on this week.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#333 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:02 AM

You know what would push digital sales? Moving to an account based system so we don't hear stories about people losing hundreds of dollars of games when their system goes haywire.

:applause:

#334 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

You know what would push digital sales? Moving to an account based system so we don't hear stories about people losing hundreds of dollars of games when their system goes haywire.

If your systems breaks can send it to Nintendo. They will either fix it or move your files over for you.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#335 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

If your systems breaks can send it to Nintendo. They will either fix it or move your files over for you.

Oh, is that all we have to do? :roll:

#336 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

Oh, is that all we have to do? :roll:

Nintendo has excellent customer service. Hell they sometimes will even fix systems outside of their warranty.

Maybe its not ideal, but its not like you are totally fucked.

Deader2818.png

#337 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:14 AM

Nintendo has excellent customer service. Hell they sometimes will even fix systems outside of their warranty.

Maybe its not ideal, but its not like you are totally fucked.

Regardless it's still a terrible system.

I can't think of one other service that sells downloadable content that doesn't have an account system other than Nintendo.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#338 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

It's like Nintendo's a racoon wearing a top hat who mauls you just a little, but at least they're not a bear on ice skates that mauls you a lot.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#339 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:06 AM

Conspiracists theory is that it is Nintendo's way to push digital sales, but who knows.

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to realize how obvious Nintendo is being.

#340 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Why does Nintendo want to push digital download so hard? So they don't have to produce disc anymore? Their master plan is to force everyone to just download their games?

Deader2818.png

#341 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

I imagine that servers + bandwith is likely less than whatever the cartridges and other fixed costs run them.

#342 biggrey

biggrey

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

if i buy the 3ds xl now, Can they price match it on sunday and get the difference refunded to me?

#343 ZeroMaki

ZeroMaki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

if i buy the 3ds xl now, Can they price match it on sunday and get the difference refunded to me?

That's what I'm doing. I picked up the last Mario Kart bundle my store had and am holding it until Sunday for a price adjustment. The associate said I had 2 weeks to do so, but if for some odd reason it doesn't work out I can just return it and wait for a better deal to come along. Pikachu is fine and all but I figure might as well get something to play with it.

#344 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Edit: Nevermind on the first part, see on most sites it's $199.99 and the one on the Target site isn't the one with it preinstalled so disregard the first part.

Isn't the Mario Kart bundle more though? You're probably going to have some uphill YMMV on that adjustment since the ad specifically says regular price $199.99.

Otherwise a price match on a standard XL or 3DS shouldn't be an issue, worst case they would do a return rebuy.

#345 ZeroMaki

ZeroMaki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Isn't the Mario Kart bundle more though? You're probably going to have some uphill YMMV on that adjustment since the ad specifically says regular price $199.99.

Otherwise a price match on a standard XL or 3DS shouldn't be an issue, worst case they would do a return rebuy.

I bought it $199.99+tax at the store. I was surprised since the website has it for more. Like I said, I can always return it if something goes awry, but I doubt it since the regular price is pretty much what they put in the ad.

Edit: I see your updated post no biggie. Hopefully it works out.

#346 varucell

varucell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Keep in mind if you buy SimCity before the 25th and register before that date you get a free game from Origin.

#347 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Why does Nintendo want to push digital download so hard? So they don't have to produce disc anymore? Their master plan is to force everyone to just download their games?

They don't have to give bestbuy,target,gamestop 30% or more, they don't have production costs, disc costs, printing costs etc. I think the main advantage is you can't resell it so they don't have used games floating around.

they should atleast make the digital download version cheaper since they're saving more and you can't resell it.. but that would be too logical

#348 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

That's what I'm doing. I picked up the last Mario Kart bundle my store had and am holding it until Sunday for a price adjustment. The associate said I had 2 weeks to do so, but if for some odd reason it doesn't work out I can just return it and wait for a better deal to come along. Pikachu is fine and all but I figure might as well get something to play with it.

does target price match, or do they make you return everything and then rebuy it?

#349 joshxx

joshxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Thanks. I just pre-ordered at Target.com just to ensure that I'll get my hands on one. Then I'll price match as soon as I get it.

Did they (Target) charge you the 199.99 automatically or just a preorder porcentage

#350 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

I preordered using paypal, and charge is pending.

#351 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

I feel like it's more on the demand side of people wanting digital downloads.

#352 joshxx

joshxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I preordered using paypal, and charge is pending.

Ok thanks im planning on doing the same for one, and go to Target in the morning to grab another one .

#353 RockBottom885

RockBottom885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

Still debating if I should sell my 3DS and get an XL...eBay doesn't seem to net much after fees and although I've never had an issue using Craigslist, I just prefer not to.

How much were you looking to get for it on ebay? I was thinking you could probably list for like $110 and come out with close to $100 after fees. But idk.

I tried listing mine on CL for a day and got someone wanting 70 for it and an actual scammer lmao. I might sell mine to a friend, but he doesn't have the cash right now so it would be a payment plan type deal.

#354 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

FYI if you pre-order the Pikachu system on the website using PayPal when they do the adjustment you'll be getting it back as store credit.

#355 Shugo2540

Shugo2540

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I wonder if this will be something I can just walk in when they open and get I hope someone doesn't go in and buy all of them that would suck.

#356 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

I wonder if this will be something I can just walk in when they open and get I hope someone doesn't go in and buy all of them that would suck.

You mean you don't have your tent up in front of the store yet? Sucker!

#357 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I think the biggest gamble, unless you live in like LA or something where there's 5 million people looking for it, is just going to be a matter of how many each store actually receives. Nothing's confirmed but there's plenty of speculation that each store might only be getting two systems; considering that's the number of copies most stores got of Monster Hunter and Lego City I wouldn't find it particularly surprising. The only way to be really safe is likely to order it off the website now, or be at Target when they open and know where other nearby Targets or a TRU are just in case.

#358 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

FYI if you pre-order the Pikachu system on the website using PayPal when they do the adjustment you'll be getting it back as store credit.

Will they mail the store credit?

#359 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

That I couldn't tell you, all I know is what it tells you when you select PayPal at checkout:

How do returns work if I pay with PayPal?
Since we can't credit your PayPal account, a refund will be issued in the form of a Target GiftCard if returned by mail. A refund will be issued in the form of cash if returned to store.

It doesn't say price adjustments specifically but I can't see it being any different.

#360 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Since Swagbucks decided to stop their express shipping until April because of "passover" I won't get my $100 in time for the 3DS deal. I am POed that I will miss this deal, I really wanted a 3DS XL.

Maybe someone will have another cheap deal soon.