Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#421 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Stopped at Target to return and grab some different games while running errands today and ended up settling on the red system. I don't know if they're holding their shipment for the ad, like Best Buy does, but I stopped at three stores just to see if any had Etrian and they were all almost out of systems. One of the stores only had one blue XL, one black and two purple regular ones and this store had the entire case full at the start of the week. If you're not looking for the Pikachu system it may be prudent to grab it tomorrow and price match on the off chance they don't have more waiting, but that's me.

People who work at these places tend towards cluelessness, so I wouldn't lose hope of getting one. :)

I kid you not, at two of the stores the employees in the electronics section could barely even speak English.

so I'm kinda curious. Do people think we'll ever get black or even white? I'm find it baffling that we haven't yet and other countries have...so wondering if it will ever happen :|

I don't know, Nintendo really seems to think NA is all about pastels and weird shades of cobalt.

Plus, I'm sure Nintendo will be releasing a slim model shortly. So I will hold out.

Maybe I'm odd but I actually wouldn't want a smaller system and is why I bought an XL despite liking the regular ones colors better. At nearly 30 I'm not stuffing this thing into my pants anymore, if I actually take it anywhere I'm usually going to be carrying a bag that I can stick it in as well. I still think the DS Lite was the best designed iteration of the DS but the overly thin body and hard corners were never comfortable in my marginally larger than average hands and over time reduced my time with the system more than anything else. In fact the GBA SP was worse, thin and acute and narrow, and other than the revolutionary lighting for a Nintendo system I spent a lot of time regretting trading my launch GBA for it. Maybe it's just that I'm an old man on the inside but I'm so far beyond over with needing smaller and smaller, just give me something comfortable that I can use when and as I want.

Edited by amusedtoe, 23 March 2013 - 04:08 AM.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#422 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

TRU sucks...

#423 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Target and Toys r us are both having the 3ds on sale next week...I wonder if a price drop is coming soon..

#424 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

The positioning of the 2 cameras on the 3DS XL give Pikachu the nipples he never had before.
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception.

- Prajnaparamita

#425 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

The positioning of the 2 cameras on the 3DS XL give Pikachu the nipples he never had before.

Ones on his neck?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#426 BaboonSqueezer

BaboonSqueezer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Ones on his neck?

Im not sure if Pikachu has a neck either :)
It is a defect in language that words suggest permanent realities and people do not see through this deception.

- Prajnaparamita

#427 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

Anyone know if games already marked down (ie clearance stuff) will qualify for the b1g1 50%?
Posted Image

#428 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Target and Toys r us are both having the 3ds on sale next week...I wonder if a price drop is coming soon..

3DS has been on sale several times at several places since the holidays.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#429 Goldfingiz

Goldfingiz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

So I finally tried the XL at PAX today, and I think I'd prefer it over the regular 3DS. I had a launch 3DS but sold it last year.

I'm really torn as to whether I should buy an XL now, or wait for some better colors come to out. The $40 discount is definitely tempting, but I'd much prefer black, white, or even silver. Who knows if/when they'll come to NA though?

From what I understand, I'll be able to transfer all content (including StreetPass data) using 3DS to 3DS transfer if I decide to get a different color later. Since I prefer another color, maybe I should get a regular 3DS for now to save some money. Ironically, I think I'd go with Midnight Purple for a regular 3DS. Had Onyx black at launch, but there's something I like about the purple.

#430 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

So I finally tried the XL at PAX today, and I think I'd prefer it over the regular 3DS. I had a launch 3DS but sold it last year.

I'm really torn as to whether I should buy an XL now, or wait for some better colors come to out. The $40 discount is definitely tempting, but I'd much prefer black, white, or even silver. Who knows if/when they'll come to NA though?

From what I understand, I'll be able to transfer all content (including StreetPass data) using 3DS to 3DS transfer if I decide to get a different color later. Since I prefer another color, maybe I should get a regular 3DS for now to save some money. Ironically, I think I'd go with Midnight Purple for a regular 3DS. Had Onyx black at launch, but there's something I like about the purple.

If it were me, I'd just wait.

Wouldn't surprise me if we get a different LE or new colors this holiday season, plus a price drop/sale (assuming the price goes back up to $200).

#431 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

dammit I just bought MH3U this week and I didn't expect a B1G1 40% off this coming WEEK! I'm going to get Luigi's Mansion on Sunday anyway, I could've got it 40% off. UGH.

Buy them at TrU and return the sealed copy to where you purchased it. Not fraud in any way since they're getting back exactly what you purchased from them.

#432 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:03 AM

Since I'm stuck paying with PayPal right now, I think I'll get the Pikachu 3DS at TRU if they add a store pickup option. Then I'll use the $20 gift card on Luigi's Mansion and maybe get another game with it for the 40% off.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#433 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:19 AM

guess I'll check the clearance sections to see if there's anything good and/or flipable since both GS & BB are in play.

#434 dravack

dravack

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Since I'm stuck paying with PayPal right now, I think I'll get the Pikachu 3DS at TRU if they add a store pickup option. Then I'll use the $20 gift card on Luigi's Mansion and maybe get another game with it for the 40% off.

I'm sure it's been posted and what not to death on here but just in case you missed it. Be sure to register it on club-Nintendo and get a free game.

I would post a direct link but as a new user I can't best I can do is say go to club Nintendo and its an ad near the bottom or remove the spaces from this.

http:// club2.nintendo.com /3ds-xl-promo/

#435 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:39 AM

I'm sure it's been posted and what not to death on here but just in case you missed it. Be sure to register it on club-Nintendo and get a free game.

I would post a direct link but as a new user I can't best I can do is say go to club Nintendo and its an ad near the bottom or remove the spaces from this.

Oh, yeah. I knew about this. Already planning on getting 3D Land. :) Thanks though.

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#436 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

looks like im using this b1g1 40% promo towards some copies of kinectimals with bears :D
Currently playing
:ps4: the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#437 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:11 AM

#-oDag nammit! I keep forgetting about that! Thanks!:D

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#438 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Im praying to the Nintendo gods we get the Animal Crossing 3DS XL bundle japan got.
Posted Image

#439 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

I've seen 1 copy of Fire Emblem at TRU one time.

And the guy who didn't think the game was worth $31 is nuts. I've gotten over 90 hours of play out of the game so far.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#440 Egos

Egos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

The SMT is the Godlike LE for me. We will never get it but drool

Posted Image
Posted Image

god I would be happy if we got fucking white like every other country and now black :(

#441 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Anyone see if their local stores have the Target ad yet in the newspaper?

#442 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Anyone see if their local stores have the Target ad yet in the newspaper?

Yes, it's listed in the Target ad that was distributed earlier in the week (discount circular packet). As for the stores providing you with an ad, I've never tried.

#443 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

He also has a mole in his armpit where the mic is, I hadn't seen that until yesterday when watching the IGN unboxing.

On another note I'm not sure if I got a less than stellar example but I'm a little disappointed in the build quality of the unit I got. Just as a whole it lacks that feeling of "I could run this over with my car and then play it" that every other Nintendo handheld I've owned prior. Just feels very plastic compared my normal portable devices (DS Lite and iPad Mini), playing it feels much more solid thankfully. Also I'm shocked how much this matte plastic shell shows finger prints.

I might try to get them to exchange the system when I go back for the price adjustment though as the system hinge feels far too loose and the screen wobbles a lot while playing.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#444 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Yes, it's listed in the Target ad that was distributed earlier in the week (discount circular packet). As for the stores providing you with an ad, I've never tried.

Uhh so where could I get it then before tonight as I want to price match at Walmart at midnight. Not sure what discount circular packet means. I feel dumb -_-

#445 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Uhh so where could I get it then before tonight as I want to price match at Walmart at midnight. Not sure what discount circular packet means. I feel dumb -_-

Stores create their circulars, and they get distributed (usually on Thursday of the week around here), in a packet. In our neighborhood, we get Walgreens, CVS, Target, Kohls, but it varies by area.
I live in NY, but I'm sure this may happen in other areas of the country as well.

#446 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Here you have to buy a paper or get it from the store. Unless you have a 24 hour target, if those even exist, maybe you could beg one from an employee at the end of the night but good luck with that.

#447 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

Anyone know if games already marked down (ie clearance stuff) will qualify for the b1g1 50%?

Excludes Clearance and Closeout items.

#448 iMJets

iMJets

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

heres to me tonight who will attempt to price match with a bunch of idiots at walmart who will have no idea what I am talking about, when I get there. If im lucky enough I will indeed walk out with a :3ds:
Posted Image

#449 MykonosFan

MykonosFan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Pre-ordered at Target yesterday after reading about how they would adjust their price to match the circular ad and got an e-mail saying my shipment was delayed until April 21st at the latest. I'll be out and about today and maybe tomorrow so I think I'll try my luck in the wild.

#450 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

MykonosFan:
where did you pre-order? at a retail store or target.com?