Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#451 EvilIA

EvilIA

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Uhh so where could I get it then before tonight as I want to price match at Walmart at midnight. Not sure what discount circular packet means. I feel dumb -_-

Many large urban newspapers have a sneek pre-view Sunday edition on Saturday. Check you local paper to see if they do the sunday paper on saturday routine.

#452 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Can anyone link me to the ad....I wanna pm this at Walmart at 12 am, but am not seeing an ad online

#453 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Pre-ordered at Target yesterday after reading about how they would adjust their price to match the circular ad and got an e-mail saying my shipment was delayed until April 21st at the latest. I'll be out and about today and maybe tomorrow so I think I'll try my luck in the wild.

Wow. It turns out pre-ordering early this week was indeed a good decision.

#454 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

He also has a mole in his armpit where the mic is, I hadn't seen that until yesterday when watching the IGN unboxing.

On another note I'm not sure if I got a less than stellar example but I'm a little disappointed in the build quality of the unit I got. Just as a whole it lacks that feeling of "I could run this over with my car and then play it" that every other Nintendo handheld I've owned prior. Just feels very plastic compared my normal portable devices (DS Lite and iPad Mini), playing it feels much more solid thankfully. Also I'm shocked how much this matte plastic shell shows finger prints.

I might try to get them to exchange the system when I go back for the price adjustment though as the system hinge feels far too loose and the screen wobbles a lot while playing.

Where were you able to get the system? I'm going to town later and there's a Wal-mart nearby, any luck and I'll be able to get one and return tomorrow to price match.

On that note; would I be able to return the system, price match, and repurchase it? Or just get an adjustment or something? No idea how this would work.

#455 OsCream

OsCream

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

My copy of Luigis Mansion juat shipped this morning from newegg. Cant wait go to get that free 3Dland from club Nintendo too, both games have great reviews.

#456 Fobo911

Fobo911

Shake my maracas!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Wow. It turns out pre-ordering early this week was indeed a good decision.

Yeah, I haven't gotten any "delayed shipment" emails from Target about my Wednesday preorder yet. If I had known about the price-adjusting, I would have preordered right away.

#457 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yeah, I haven't gotten any "delayed shipment" emails from Target about my Wednesday preorder yet. If I had known about the price-adjusting, I would have preordered right away.

We cannot confirm the price of an item until your order enters the shipping process. Nor will we charge your credit card until your order enters the shipping process.

Target’s acknowledgement of an order means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been accepted or shipped, or that the price or availability of an item has been confirmed. Target makes a conscientious effort to describe and display its products and services accurately on the site. Despite these efforts, a small number of the items on the site may be mispriced, described inaccurately or unavailable. We may experience lags in uploading updates throughout the site and in our advertising on other sites. As a result, we cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability and services. Target reserves the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies or omissions at any time without prior notice. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As part of our shipping procedures, we verify availability and the price before an item is shipped out.
If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount and ship you the item.
If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, if the item is no longer available, or we determine that there were inaccuracies in our product information, we will cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation via email.

Read the parts I highlighted in orange.

#458 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

If I can get Best Buy to price match this game sale, I might pick up Luigi's Mansion 2 and something else. I have almost $100 in certificates burning a hole in my pocket.
Posted Image

#459 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Man. I don't care about getting a pikachu XL, I just want a red and black XL...think there will be a rush on those, or just the yellow one?

I was going to go tomorrow morning after work (I'd get there when the store opens, since I work nights...)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#460 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Damn you toysrus, I hadn't planned on getting pokemon MD, or Monster hunter any time soon(especially since they almost always drop to $20 within a half year or so), but you gotta push my buttons. I can't believe nintendo continues doing this crap where they do micro transactions, and, seriously, money for extra dungeons?
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#461 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

The website has monster hunter coming out on the 27th, has anyone seen the 3ds version in-store?

#462 Ivajosh

Ivajosh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

I also went in today to see if I could put some money down for the preorder to reserve one and the lady told me no.

#463 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Yesterday out of boredom I checked if my Walmart or Target had the units out early, Walmart didn't and Target didn't. I talked to a person at the electronics department and played "stupid customer" saying that I heard the system was out and asked if they had any in the back but he told me they wont be out till "another day" and that they can't do any preorders or holds for it. He also said that I should go to Gamestop and buy it there instead, really strange.

Pre-ordered at Target yesterday after reading about how they would adjust their price to match the circular ad and got an e-mail saying my shipment was delayed until April 21st at the latest. I'll be out and about today and maybe tomorrow so I think I'll try my luck in the wild.

I ordered mine just an hour or two after someone posted it being up for Preorder at Target.com (very early in the week) and I got an email just now saying that it is delayed until April 5-23 what this might mean is that they are trying to get more stock but may be denied by Nintendo due to the limited nature. I planned on going in the store anyways as a backup but I am not hopeful of the Target order ever shipping, I hope to grab one of these tomorrow morning and than I will cancel my Target.com order.

I want anyone else who preordered on the website to be warned that it may not come through after all.

#464 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

So is everyone planning to get a pikachu XL going to use it, or are you all planning to sell it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#465 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

So is everyone planning to get a pikachu XL going to use it, or are you all planning to sell it?

Use.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#466 yokofox33

yokofox33

House Stark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

I haven't gotten an email from Target yet regarding my order, but my status stills shows a delivery date between Wednesday and Friday. Hopefully it stays that way in case I strike out tomorrow for a system at my local Target.

#467 Ivajosh

Ivajosh

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Brother's Bday is in 2 weeks.
Edit: buying for him :3

Edited by Ivajosh, 23 March 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#468 jooanyenna

jooanyenna

Top 5 Cheapest Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think my son will like the pikachu edition better than the flaming red one(w/ 3d Land) that I just purchased yesterday. If I can get the pikachu edition, I might return the red one.
Posted Image

#469 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

He also has a mole in his armpit where the mic is, I hadn't seen that until yesterday when watching the IGN unboxing.

On another note I'm not sure if I got a less than stellar example but I'm a little disappointed in the build quality of the unit I got. Just as a whole it lacks that feeling of "I could run this over with my car and then play it" that every other Nintendo handheld I've owned prior. Just feels very plastic compared my normal portable devices (DS Lite and iPad Mini), playing it feels much more solid thankfully. Also I'm shocked how much this matte plastic shell shows finger prints.

I might try to get them to exchange the system when I go back for the price adjustment though as the system hinge feels far too loose and the screen wobbles a lot while playing.

Is this quality common among the Pikachu models?

#470 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Umm I know it's a little off topic but what's the best way to trade a Walmart gift card for cash or Paypal? I put mine on a CAG forum but I'd figured I'd ask if there's a better way?

https://www.plasticjungle.com/

#471 jetsaredim

jetsaredim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

In for EM2 for WiiU - kids have been wanting that for a while
Posted Image

#472 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Anyone who is just getting it to make a few bucks needs to get a real job. Or maybe go to school.

#473 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Anyone who is just getting it to make a few bucks needs to get a real job. Or maybe go to school.

I learned in school about supply and demand.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#474 thePhildown

thePhildown

Oh, you didn't know?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Amazon finally matched the Wii U version Just Dance 4 for 19.99 if anyone is interested in that one.

#475 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

So much for that. Thanks!

#476 sloftus12

sloftus12

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Sadly that is precisely what some people on this website do. They were the same people returning WiiUs in January when they thought they were going to make a killing.

#477 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

My local Target has 3 of the Pikachus! Yay! Hopefully I can get one.

#478 thePhildown

thePhildown

Oh, you didn't know?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:35 PM

I had a lot of points to use by this month, so ended up picking up Halo 4 for the wife for $3.42.

#479 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Does anyone know if the ad is already in Target right now? Might go over there in a bit to get a few ads just in case I need to price match it at Walmart or Toysrus tomorrow.

#480 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Does anyone know if the ad is already in Target right now? Might go over there in a bit to get a few ads just in case I need to price match it at Walmart or Toysrus tomorrow.

When I went to my Target, they did have next weeks ad, HOWEVER, they won't give it out to guests. They let me check it out to make sure they had the Pikachu version. It was at the service desk.