Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#481 Fobo911

Fobo911

3dstxt.com/fobo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

So with the possible shipping delay of my Pikachu 3DS XL preorder, I just called my nearest local Target, and the boss thought they had it, but they apparently don't and may not have the item in time for tomorrow's release. I'm going to call two other somewhat-nearby Target stores and see if they received shipments of the Pikachu 3DS XL.

If all else fails, I'll probably just end up getting the blue 3DS XL.

EDIT: One of the other two somewhat-nearby stores has 3 units. The other one tried finding it but was unsuccessful. Darn Target stores around the Houston/Tomball area.

Edited by Fobo911, 23 March 2013 - 10:52 PM.

#482 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

So is everyone planning to get a pikachu XL going to use it, or are you all planning to sell it?

I'm buying 2. One to open, one to keep sealed as a collectible.

#483 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Just called my local Target and they said they have none in store and will be getting some on the 26th. Also said they don't know the limit for how many people can buy.

I'm calling BS on not having any in stock. The guy was quick to answer and didn't even check so some keeps might be going on. Still going over to that Target later on today to see if its in the display window and going there tomorrow morning when it opens in the hopes of getting some.

If anything, I guess I'll price match it with Toysrus or Walmart.

#484 Slixshot

Slixshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Can someone tell me if this deal will be online or not?
Posted Image

#485 Fobo911

Fobo911

3dstxt.com/fobo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

It may be, but with plenty of us already preordering it early this week at full price for price-adjustment starting tomorrow, it might be too late since some of us are getting emails of delayed shipment until possibly next month.

#486 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

Anybody looking for a good travel case for the 3DS XL check out this case. It says its for the DSi XL but fits the 3DS XL.
http://www.amazon.co...rds=dsi xl case

Here's an unboxing:

BumslieOG.png

#487 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Is this quality common among the Pikachu models?

Based on the responses to the issue on the post I made in the 3DS forum it seems to be comon to all 3DS XL models. Probably something to do with the size and weight of the screen if I had to speculate from an engineering perspective and give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt.

Whether it is or not if you order it from the website their online price match policy is to match the in-store price if it's the same or following week of placing the order.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#488 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

I'm torn guys ... is Sim City worth the $40? I just grabbed the new Bioshock and will be playing that this week, but I've been curious about Sim City. Even at $20 (for Sim City and $20 for Dead Space) I'm still hesitant for some reason ...

#489 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Really thinking about the Pikachu 3DS. If I could get $120 for my like new 3ds xl that I just bought a month ago, I would almost forsure get the Pikachu edition!

#490 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

The website has monster hunter coming out on the 27th, has anyone seen the 3ds version in-store?

I'd like to know if anyone's seen either version in-store. I plan on picking up Luigi's Mansion and MH3U tomorrow, and this looks like the best outcome possible so far.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#491 ras752000

ras752000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

Went to target to take advantage of the buy 2 get 1 and went ahead and picked up a red XL and will just price adjust later ... the clerk mentioned that they had only received 2 pikachu XLs. Good luck to all of you trying to get one in the morning.

#492 Twitter

Twitter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

target has been selling the pikachu 3ds today. i went to 5 targets and ended up picking up 15 3dses. :D

on 4 of them i had to ask for them to get it out. going to make a fortune

#493 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:11 AM

target has been selling the pikachu 3ds today. i went to 5 targets and ended up picking up 15 3dses. :D

on 4 of them i had to ask for them to get it out. going to make a fortune

good attempt but im giving you a 3/10!

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#494 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Called up Wal-mart, it seems they're ONLY getting the 1 I saw in-store. I sure hope this doesn't make price-matching any more difficult. Gonna try getting there at 11, I need this >.<

#495 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

Called up Wal-mart, it seems they're ONLY getting the 1 I saw in-store. I sure hope this doesn't make price-matching any more difficult. Gonna try getting there at 11, I need this >.<

how are you getting it? do you have an ad?

#496 nbr2son

nbr2son

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Not sure if anyone already mentioned doing this but I pre-ordered the Pikachu 3DS XL this morning on Target online and got my order confirmation. I figure I can go back and get the price adjustment as I have done before at Target with other items that later go on sale within a week.

#497 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

how are you getting it? do you have an ad?

Walmats price match rules state you dont have to have an ad

#498 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Any idea when the Target website prices will update?

cagSig.png515886.png

#499 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

I sure hope Twitter's just a troll. Anyway, nbr2son you're going to have to call the order support number on the website as they don't do returns/adjustments in-store for web orders. I have no idea why as it's an entirely archaic way of doing things but I don't expect much more from them than I would someone like KMart.

Any idea when the Target website prices will update?

I believe the B2G1 sale from this week went live about 3AM EST.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#500 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

Will Luigi's Mansion be available tomorow? I am jonesing so hard for it right now.
Posted Image

#501 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

Thanks! I'll be up with our new baby then. :)

cagSig.png515886.png

#502 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

What time does Target's weekly ad update on the website?

#503 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

If anyone has trouble with an idiot employee not being able to find it the DPCI is: 207-01-0203

#504 nbr2son

nbr2son

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

I sure hope Twitter's just a troll. Anyway, nbr2son you're going to have to call the order support number on the website as they don't do returns/adjustments in-store for web orders. I have no idea why as it's an entirely archaic way of doing things but I don't expect much more from them than I would someone like KMart.

Thanks amusedtoe for pointing that out. I didn't think about that so looked it up. Here's what I found. You are correct. I will need to contact target online to get the price adjusted. Oh, and you guys with a target red card, shipping is free and of course 5% off purchase.

http://www.target.co...ing_policy.html

If you see a lower price listed in our Target Weekly Ad the same week or the week following your online order date, we will adjust the price of your online order to match the advertised price if (1) you contact us during the time when the lower price is featured in the Weekly Ad; and (2) the lower price is not on a clearance item. Target.com purchases cannot be price matched in a Target store. Excludes the Black Friday Ad and Cyber Monday online pricing.

#505 j.m.ratkos

j.m.ratkos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

here's the 1-800 for target.com

online orders, shopping & returns

For information and questions about your order, shipping or returns, please call us at 1-800-591-3869

#506 MaxGoof

MaxGoof

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Target Online is now sold out of the Pikachu 3DS XL. It cannot be added to your cart anymore, even though the pre-order button is still there.

#507 JCAll

JCAll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

Target Online is now sold out of the Pikachu 3DS XL. It cannot be added to your cart anymore, even though the pre-order button is still there.

Of course, it still reads 199 for all the XLs anyway.
I hope the deal goes up online, even if I can't get the Pikachu flavor.

#508 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

probably updating the system from preorder to instock

#509 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Been checking it. It just removed the pre-order tag all together.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#510 MaxGoof

MaxGoof

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:20 AM

What time does Toys R Us online update with the sales for the week? Does it not happen until 3AM EST or what?