Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#811 Sehui

Sehui

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

I can't seem to purchase the 3ds XL on target's website. Is it an instore only promotion? Because it's telling me it's currently unavailable

#812 CrossBones3129

CrossBones3129

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Walmart never has game sells lol!

#813 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Nintendo needs to fucking learn how much customers want their games. All the Targets near me are already sold out of Luigi's Mansion.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#814 2point6

2point6

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Trying to get TRU to get me that gift card.

#815 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Has anyone received shipping confirmation from target on their pikachus yet? Mine says not yet shipped but that I will get it sometime in between 27-29

I'm exactly on the same boat as you.

Edited by Chedeng88, 25 March 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#816 darksurtur

darksurtur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

City Target LA had at least 10 red/blue/pink DS XL's but also wouldn't sell at the sale price.

#817 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

I made it at 8:20 and was the only person other than my buddy to buy one. I then cancelled my online order.

#818 nbr2son

nbr2son

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

Has anyone received shipping confirmation from target on their pikachus yet? Mine says not yet shipped but that I will get it sometime in between 27-29

Yep, same here.

#819 BionicJoe

BionicJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:07 AM

Just a heads up for anyone in the Seattle area. The $159.99 3DS XL sale pricing does not apply to the City Target in downtown Seattle.

I went there this morning to buy one of the half dozen or so blue and red systems they had in stock but it rang up full price plus tax. I mentioned the sale price to the helpful associate and he explained that unfortunately their store goes by a different set of sales. This was evidenced even further by their weekly flyer which was different than the weekly which I received from my weekly local paper.

So close!

Damn, they are building a City Target a block from my work in Portland and knowing their sales policy may be different is a bummer.

#820 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Yeah, it really is a bummer. There are enough Targets near me that it's not to big a deal, but it would have been nice to pick it up on my way to my office in the morning.

This evening, an associate at another Target told me that I could go to customer service to get other store inventory as well as find out if the sale applied. Hope that helps.

In the end, I just did a price match at a local Best Buy.

#821 Sehui

Sehui

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

I can't seem to purchase the 3ds XL on target's website. Is it an instore only promotion? Because it's telling me it's currently unavailable

ah wait nvm, it just seems to be currently out of stock..damn, I really wanted to order one online (not in the country right now so picking it up at a store won't do).

I'm going to hope they restock again.

#822 nanaki254

nanaki254

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

I just wanted to say that my walmart.com order just shipped (placed on the 24th).

No word on target.com shipments ever since I canceled from them after they gave me the runaround for the price match twice.

#823 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

I searched Target and two Walmart stores last night for Mario Kart 3DSXL. No luck.

#824 The 2nd Coming

The 2nd Coming

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

I was also able to get walmart to price match my online order for 2 Pikachu 3ds xl's. walmart is great

#825 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

So, I have a question about Wal-mart's ad / price match guarantee; hopefully someone with experience can help.

Let's say I buy the Pikachu XL online from Wal-Mart tonight (3/24), and print out the order invoice / receipt. In addition, I have a physical copy of a competitor's ad that has the XL at a lower price, but the ad lasts 3/24 - 3/30.

The thing with the online order is that both the "site to store" option says they will send it on 4/1. So that the ad price for the competitor is already expired, and thus WM will probably not honor it.

But again, I would have an invoice / receipt for 3/24 along with the physical ad from the competitor.

If I pick the XL up from WM on 4/1, do you guys think they'll honor the price match guarantee if I show them the original order date + competitor's ad?

If you've placed an order online, send them an email with a link to the Target ad. I sent one yesterday and got a reply today that they refunded me $55. I used the "other questions about my order" selection on their drop down menu.

And if they don't try again, you may get a different respondent. If worst comes to worst, just return it when you pick it up.

#826 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hmm. Would TRU's B1G1 sale work after a price match?

For example, if I were to get them to price match Gamestop's sale on Spider-Man ($29.99) and Assassin's Creed ($29.99) would I get the 40% off the $29.99 price point or off of the original $39.99 price point of Spider-Man?

oIi9lub.png

#827 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Just picked up my pre-order for BioShock at Best Buy...did anyone else who pre-ordered there also get charged an extra $5 for the pre-order bonus? It's happened to me once before with another game...Dishonored, I think. It's supposed to be a free bonus for pre-ordering, but I was charged another $5 in addition to the $15 I put down, making my total for the collector's edition $75.94 ($90.94 before my pre-order deposit; 7% sales tax).

I mean, $5 isn't that big of deal, but it's the second time it's happened now...

#828 droidekaspam

droidekaspam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

If you've placed an order online, send them an email with a link to the Target ad. I sent one yesterday and got a reply today that they refunded me $55. I used the "other questions about my order" selection on their drop down menu.

And if they don't try again, you may get a different respondent. If worst comes to worst, just return it when you pick it up.

I tried this last night, and got a canned response on my walmart.com order (see below). Considering these are so hard to find, I've settled on paying retail. My time and gas money to hunt this down by next Sat will not justify the cost. In any case I have 30 days to return. Glad to see others were able to get the price match.

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding price matching. We are glad to look into this matter for you.

At Walmart.com our goal is to offer you Every Day Low Prices on our wide assortment of merchandise, with added savings on some items that carry the "Rollback" symbol. We strive to make our prices highly competitive with the lowest prices you can find. However, we do not price match other online or store retailers. Walmart.com will adjust prices to just match local Walmart stores. We are always reviewing our prices to make sure that we are serving you with great values, every day.

XXXX, we thank you for your understanding. If you have additional questions, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Walmart.com Customer Care

#829 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Side note: I was able to exchange one of my games from Target's B2G1 for Bioshock today. :whee:

#830 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Just picked up my pre-order for BioShock at Best Buy...did anyone else who pre-ordered there also get charged an extra $5 for the pre-order bonus? It's happened to me once before with another game...Dishonored, I think. It's supposed to be a free bonus for pre-ordering, but I was charged another $5 in addition to the $15 I put down, making my total for the collector's edition $75.94 ($90.94 before my pre-order deposit; 7% sales tax).

I mean, $5 isn't that big of deal, but it's the second time it's happened now...

The problem is cause by bonus stuff not being packaged out correctly. It is supposed to be free, so my gaming rep sees the $5 charge he gets a manager to zero it out to remove the charge. In the future pay attention to the total just in case you need the rep to remove the pre-order bonus charges.

#831 E-104 Epsilon

E-104 Epsilon

Saltybets King

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

If anyone is wondering about 3DS XL stock, the new Target in Capitola had a case full of every color of 3ds and XL, but they never received any Pikachu models.

:360: Game Count: ~108

#832 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Side note: I was able to exchange one of my games from Target's B2G1 for Bioshock today. :whee:

With or without a receipt?

#833 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

With or without a receipt?

With

#834 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

If anyone is wondering about 3DS XL stock, the new Target in Capitola had a case full of every color of 3ds and XL, but they never received any Pikachu models.

in San Jose?

#835 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

With

Did they have to adjust the price of BioShock?

#836 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Did they have to adjust the price of BioShock?

She scanned the receipt. Then Gears, then Bioshock. And that was about it, pretty quick and painless.

Edit: Looking at my receipt, it says I returned a Xbox game for $41.99. Then purchased a Xbox game for $41.99. Not price adjustment or anything shown.

#837 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Anyone try and price match the BOGO40 at another store? Tried at Best Buy but no luck. Should I try again or at another store? I want to pick up Monster Hunter Wii U and bioshock. TRU doesn't seem to have Monster Hunter.

#838 Bioterror

Bioterror

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

TRU gets monster hunter tomorrow. Don't know why their release date is so late.

#839 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

in San Jose?

Capitola is near Santa Cruz. So about 30-45 min drive depending on where in SJ you are.

#840 neodyn

neodyn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

TRU gets monster hunter tomorrow.

Hope that's true, but when I talked to the guy that runs the game section at my local TRU he didn't think they were going to stock it in store at all since there weren't any in the shipment they got today.