Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#181 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

Does not change people's reaction to Amazon putting it on "sale".

Who did it first? Is it currently $29.99 at Gamestop?

Does amazon say "Look at me, look at me"? and send out e-mails or fliers advertising this price?

Does amazon charge more for used games then games on sale?

Would I get an opened game if I bought it new from amazon?

#182 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Every dude hair neds to chil . Jus bai person 4.

#183 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

I don't really bag on Gamestop but the thing is Amazon's price is active right now

We have to wait till the 20th for Gamestop, just saying.

Gamestop has been on par with most places. I mean I gave it props when it put Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 on sale before more other stores -shrugs-

#184 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

Does amazon say "Look at me, look at me"? and send out e-mails or fliers advertising this price?

Seems like you just don't like GS and that has nothing to do with this particular game. GS advertising a MSRP price drop is not unique to GS. Other retailers do that all the time. Amazon sends me a dozen emails a week telling me to buy games that just came out.

#185 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

:roll: Somebody's a little heated.

76561198003985248.png

#186 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Monster Hunter comes out Tuesday for the WII U and the 3DS.... no circle pad pro announcement so most people (me) are importing it. Play-asia had the best deal going into this weekend so far. (20 bucks for the item, 20 bucks for 3 day shipping) Amazon was $45 with super saver shipping.

Tuesday?

I saw the 3DS version out at Best Buy earlier.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#187 Shadowmoses12

Shadowmoses12

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

last time i check fire emblem 3ds didn't sell out -_- pikachu wont sell out

I checked Ebay msot of them are going for 250-500 not a lot of bidders are bidding on it me thinks its not going to be rare

#188 iMJets

iMJets

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Should it be pretty easy for me to walk into walmart at midnight next week and price match one of these pikachu 3ds's for my girlfriend? Would i need the ad or could i pull the ad up on my phone from the target website?

Im gonna try this, so hopefully it goes well. Otherwise I gotta drive a bit, to the closest target.
Posted Image

#189 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Any guesses for the price of BL2? Isn't it already on sale for $40 this week at GS?

#190 vashtheowner

vashtheowner

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

is there a reason why the Pokemon mystery dungeon game is $40 at Best Buy, when everywhere else it is $34.99?

CrimsonStorm3.png

#191 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

I was hoping they would price match Target's 3DS prices since I have Best Buy credit to use.... so does anyone know a place that I can exchange a $50 Best Buy gift card for a $50 Target gift card?

#192 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

Wasnt sure where else to ask but is it true you can't use shopyourway points to buy PSN cards? They gave me 7 to use and when I went to use it, they said I can't use it on those kinda cards.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#193 zyk

zyk

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

I was hoping they would price match Target's 3DS prices since I have Best Buy credit to use.... so does anyone know a place that I can exchange a $50 Best Buy gift card for a $50 Target gift card?

You should be able to price match Target's deal at Best Buy on the 3DS. It's during the same week.

#194 Meelahd

Meelahd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

I am just going to guess that there is probably 50,000 of these made. Just a super quick rough estimate on top of my head. It could be anywhere from the 30k-100k range in my opinion.

They will be flooded on ebay, so I really wouldn't think of this is an investment for the future. I think your best bet is being able to retain the value of your console, but these will never be rare. The one good thing about this console is that keeping yours mint condition will go a long way. I see a lot of these going to kids, which could significantly lower the total number of minty consoles much lower in the future.

Anyone who thinks this is going to be super rare is out of their minds. Nintendo wouldn't advertise the hell out of this on their official sites and facebook, to only come out with a very limited stock. I am assuming each store will get at least 5 copies, but that is being conservative. Each store will probably get a box of these shipped to them. I have no idea how many can fit in a standard 3DS XL shipping box, but that is probably how much each store will get.

I would still recommend going the morning of the release, especially if you are going to Target. I know for a fact these will sell for more than $160 no matter how many are made. Resellers will wipe every Target clean of these. If this happens in your area go straight to the nearest Walmart and price match it, but knowing resellers these days will probably do that also.

As usual with modern game collecting, if you don't get one of these it is because every reseller on ebay will have a mini warehouse of these. It isn't because 10s of thousands of hardcore pokemon fans ran to the store in the morning on a Sunday.

#195 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Any guesses for the price of BL2? Isn't it already on sale for $40 this week at GS?

Why guess when the OP links to the weekly ad? $39.99.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: inFAMOUS: First Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#196 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Monster Hunter comes out Tuesday for the WII U and the 3DS.... no circle pad pro announcement so most people (me) are importing it. Play-asia had the best deal going into this weekend so far. (20 bucks for the item, 20 bucks for 3 day shipping) Amazon was $45 with super saver shipping.

Oh, am I gonna have to find one of those to play it? If so, probably gonna pass. I bought a MotionPlus for Skyward sword and nothing else, this would be the same situation.

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#197 Knaledge

Knaledge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Kind of fucked up that BB's return policy / price match policy is now 15 days instead of 30.

Because SimCity...

#198 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Any name on that 2400 msp? I'd love a link to add to the Points & Subscription thread but couldn't find anything on Best Buy, is it a Season Pass...?

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#199 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Every dude hair neds to chil . Jus bai person 4.

lol

#200 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

is there a reason why the Pokemon mystery dungeon game is $40 at Best Buy, when everywhere else it is $34.99?

same reason they put the walking dead for $59.99 when everyone else has it for $49.99

#201 lilseung

lilseung

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

You can get it for under $30 on eBay.
Come check out my Trade thread!

#202 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Come on Tomb Raider...we need a sale so I can price match my pre-order copy.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#203 skycat561

skycat561

Veteran Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'm in for DmC... have a 20$ off online voucher somewhere, so P4G is good? and does SAVER still work on gamestop.com? or just orders over 25$

SkyCat561.png Goozex
371569.png
Also Playing: :wiiu: Mario Kart 8, :wiiu: Sonic Lost World 

:3ds: Legend of Zelda: ALBW

#204 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

If you're referring to the Circle Pad Pro XL/LL then eBay is your best bet since Amazon has it for $35+ (with tracking) whereas reputable eBay sellers has it for $28 - $30. Mine just got here the other day from Asia & took only one week even though the listing said takes up to a month.
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#205 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

Best buy takes 3DS trade ins in store?

#206 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Any name on that 2400 msp? I'd love a link to add to the Points & Subscription thread but couldn't find anything on Best Buy, is it a Season Pass...?

Here is the BB link based on the SKU in the ad

2400 MSFT Points

#207 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

Target and Best Buy confrims it. Sim City price drop. That is why I never buy games at launch.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png

#208 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

Target and Best Buy confrims it. Sim City price drop. That is why I never buy games at launch.

if you can wait another 6 months, it will probably end up being $20

#209 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

You fuckers better not buy SimCity, goddamn it.

#210 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

You fuckers better not buy SimCity, goddamn it.

Just for that, I will buy it. Out of spite (and because I want it but a little bit spite)

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png