Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#211 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

^you should buy it today and register it now, so you can get the free EA PC game tomorrow. Then PM it next week when it's on sale.

http://www.ea.com/ne...or-your-trouble

#212 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Oh, am I gonna have to find one of those to play it? If so, probably gonna pass. I bought a MotionPlus for Skyward sword and nothing else, this would be the same situation.

IGN review says using the touchscreen for camera control works well enough the CPP isnt a must

#213 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

The big worry is that since it has to be always connected to their servers, a lot of the online review sites are worried that if there is a major server crash or if EA decides to drop the game, everyone who bought it is screwed. Yet there are reports that people have already hacked the game and allowed for off line play. If it wasn't for all this launch mess or DRM shit, 40 dollars might be a good bite, but at 25-30 seems to be the good price...................until they release an expansion for it.

#214 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

I picked up simcity today and haven't had any problems, I think most the technical issues have been fixed. I think it's a really fun game. I got it today with targets b2g1 so I could get in on the free game.

#215 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

I never traded in systems/handheld devices before. I want to take advantage of that extra 25% though. Will they deduct from the TIV if the warranty seal has been broken? Or do they just make sure the product works and has all the accessories?

I have a 60GB PS3 (got it repaired) and two PSP 1000s I want to get rid of. The warranty seals are broken though.

Any info would be appreciated.

#216 J7.

J7.

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Is that a good price on Just Dance 4?

#217 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Get lower DMC!!

gt+Atheist+don+t+believe+in+anything+rel

#218 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I want Crysis 3. Patiently waiting on $20 though.

#219 PikaPichu

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Just for that, I will buy it. Out of spite (and because I want it but a little bit spite)

Ditto. That post actually motivated to get up out of my chair, drive over to the nearest BB and buy it outright. True story. :)

#220 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Whoa! Monster Hunter 3DS is out? I have postponed buying the PS2 version because I was waiting on the portable version! I need to pay more attention I guess.

I found one of these for the PSP a week ago and my son loves it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#221 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

This would of been a great week for a b2g1. I would of gotten DMC, Lollipop Chainsaw, and something else. I have credit to burn, but its only for a b2g1. WTF GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!

#222 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware. Have no idea why, but I'm sure someone here can explain.

Well from what I remember reading online and on CAG before is that Amazon was getting upset with returned 3DS units that were getting scratched from when they were shut closed. Apparently that is a possible issue with the original 3DS though I haven't had it happen to mine. Anyways at some point Amazon and Nintendo got into it over who was responsible for paying for the replacement units, the fact this was an issue with the units, etc. No one knows for sure if it was Amazon who decided to cut ties with Nintendo in regards to selling any of their hardware or if Nintendo got pissed at Amazon and decided to not use them as a vendor for their hardware. Anyways that is what I remember reading online and through CAG sometime last year. I don't have a link to any official story but I remember reading this reason through several sources so take that for what it is worth. You could probably google about it

523546.png

#223 icewolf74

icewolf74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

So is Crysis 3 any good? Especially for those who have never played a Crysis game before?

I might bite on the 40 dollar Crysis 3 sale if people give favorable responses. :)

#224 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

GS advertised price drop = taking credit for an MSRP drop

How is advertising a price drop taking credit for MSRP? They are advertising that the price of a game has dropped. Advertisements are used to inform people. Without advertising that the MSRP has dropped, how would people know that the price is lower? If you are implying that Gamestop uses the term "Price Drop" to take credit for MSRP, I would have to say you are wrong. There is a difference between sale and price drop. Would you prefer Gamestop to say "MSRP Drop"? They are a business and if they were to do that they would be informing customers that they can receive the same product elsewhere for the same price and that would be a terrible business practice.

#225 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

gamestop has to advertise the msrp drops so customers know that they have it for the new msrp. the last thing they want is for someone to go to a different retailer and get it cause they didnt see it for that price at gamestop. whoever complained about gamestop doing this needs to know how retail works
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#226 Nesboy43

Nesboy43

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

The Amazon thing did definitely stem from the 3DS returns. Many people. myself included, had issues with the console, I've heard that these were addressed in later versions of the original 3DS. For example, my bottom screen had a big white line display down the center (when it was turned on) a few days after I started playing it. Amazon was getting massive amounts of returns for various reasons and they were acceptable by their return policy.

Since this occurred, Amazon most likely was saying that Nintendo needed to repair the units and change their manufacturing. Nintendo probably thought that Amazon's return policy was too lenient and that it wasn't their responsibility. The same thing happened with the recent Beatles Vinyl Box on Amazon, so many returns came in due to bad pressings that various Amazon regions stopped selling it since EMI wasn't claiming responsibility in some cases.

If Amazon was smart they would carry the XL, DSi, and Wii U, but most likely it's an all or nothing thing if they want to sell Nintendo hardware. Both companies are losing out by not making a deal.

fyi Nintendo didn't produce enough copies of earthbound because it didn't sell well

Actually the truth of the matter is that Nintendo overproduced Earthbound, they made a large initial run of it because they thought it would be a success, it is not rare. If they couldn't even sell their initial run how did they "not produce enough copies"? That is of course, unless you are talking about producing copies for resellers 20 years in the future.

#227 SurgeJonnyG

SurgeJonnyG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Wouldn't Best Buy still PM a Dead Space day-one purchase for Premier Silver members since it's within the 60-day return window and presumably was purchased under the old Terms of Service (or am I way off on my understanding of their policies)?

#228 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Wouldn't Best Buy still PM a Dead Space day-one purchase for Premier Silver members since it's within the 60-day return window and presumably was purchased under the old Terms of Service (or am I way off on my understanding of their policies)?

If you're Silver you're still covered to PM for 60 days up until April 18th.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3, The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 5

#229 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

Is that a good price on Just Dance 4?

Sure it is! Not to mention Hip Hop Experience. I've already have both but under $20 is definitely my price point. Wii U version is also $19.99 but I'd pass any dancing games that require controller.

#230 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:32 AM

If GameStop has same price as Amazon, I'd buy from GameStop as they have reward program. But without shrink wrap in store, I'd order online with SAVER code and use Discover web for additional 5% off.

#231 RockBottom885

RockBottom885

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Craigslist?

I'm always weary of CL because of shadies. But maybe I'll give it a shot.

#232 xV3LOCITYx

xV3LOCITYx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Wow good thing silver members still get to enjoy extended price Matching

#233 xV3LOCITYx

xV3LOCITYx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

I was wondering has anyone traded in a system or handheld system at bestbuy
I want to know how much you got for it thanks.

#234 lonestarranger

lonestarranger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

There is a mod out there - with a 2-line code change :D - to play Simcity offline.

But there is still no way to save game offline.

#235 Bigbadwolfe911

Bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Wasnt sure where else to ask but is it true you can't use shopyourway points to buy PSN cards? They gave me 7 to use and when I went to use it, they said I can't use it on those kinda cards.

I have always used mine for points cards with no problems.
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#236 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

So is Crysis 3 any good? Especially for those who have never played a Crysis game before?

I might bite on the 40 dollar Crysis 3 sale if people give favorable responses. :)

I haven't played it yet but it'll probably be a better buy for someone who has never played a Crysis game, especially since it seems to be more of the same.
I know I don't have any plans on buying it unless it gets $5-10. Crysis 2 didn't leave a very good impression on me.

#237 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:43 AM

I can't even look forward to anything from Kmart anymore. For the last 4 months my local Kmart barely carries any video games and the electronics worker says they get 1 or 2 new release copies if they are lucky, but mostly don't receive any. The selection of games is so sad it looks like a yard sale.

Thats what mine looks like lately. Now I have seen 3 out of 6 stores around me closed down, and I wonder if the rest will stay open as they are empty most of the time as well.

#238 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Who did it first? Is it currently $29.99 at Gamestop?

Does amazon say "Look at me, look at me"? and send out e-mails or fliers advertising this price?

Does amazon charge more for used games then games on sale?

Would I get an opened game if I bought it new from amazon?

We all need to ignore this troll. He keeps spitting the same stuff about GameStop over and over. We know how you feel dude. Move on.

I have a suggestion for you. Next time you see a GameStop thread, just pass it by and we will be good.

By the way, I have bought new CDs and a blu-ray from amazon and were not sealed.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#239 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

If you're Silver you're still covered to PM for 60 days up until April 18th.

Was hoping that was still the case, thanks. Will Pm DS3.

#240 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

If I buy SimCity today, will I be eligible for the free game thing (or do we even have enough information to know that yet?). Considering buying it, using my $5.00 RZ cert that expires tomorrow, and price-matching to $39.99 next week.

Thanks!