Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/24 to 3/30) Nintendo 3DS XL $159.99 at Target

• Please log in to reply
880 replies to this topic

#241 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

IGN review says using the touchscreen for camera control works well enough the CPP isnt a must

Cool! Thanks a lot. I have put off buying the CPP because the only game I have with support is Kingdom Hearts and I didn't need it to play that game.

Maybe I can escape buying it all together.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#242 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

We all need to ignore this troll. He keeps spitting the same stuff about GameStop over and over. We know how you feel dude. Move on.

I have a suggestion for you. Next time you see a GameStop thread, just pass it by and we will be good.

By the way, I have bought new CDs and a blu-ray from amazon and were not sealed.

Well said.

512847.png

#243 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

I was wondering has anyone traded in a system or handheld system at bestbuy
I want to know how much you got for it thanks.

The values are on the best buy trade in site. Go to trade in and click handheld systems.

#244 bludd

bludd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

If I buy SimCity today, will I be eligible for the free game thing (or do we even have enough information to know that yet?). Considering buying it, using my $5.00 RZ cert that expires tomorrow, and price-matching to $39.99 next week.

Thanks!

I was looking for this information as well, EA mentioned they would be sending out information about a free game on the 18th but never specified the cut off date of when you have to register the game online.

#245 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Here is the BB link based on the SKU in the ad

2400 MSFT Points

I don't know what goes on between the Best Buy site and my Chrome browser, I just tried this link earlier and it 404'd. I come on here to report that and, presto, works just fine. At any rate... thanks for the link.

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#246 Stri26

Stri26

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Here's some info:
Buy and register SimCity by March 25, get one of these games:

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
Source: http://kotaku.com/59...-other-pc-games

#247 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I don't mind Gamestop but I really hate it though whenever I buy a gutted game there and the employee tells me that there's nothing wrong with the discs after I request the employee to let me simply examine the disc first before he seals it. Everytime an employee tries to explain that to me, I tell them about having a prior experience where the game disc was found to be mishandled. Once in awhile, I'll find a small scratch on the "brand new" game disc and after showing the employee, said employee will have this shocked look on his face and say to me "Hmm that's weird," to which I'll respond, "yeah man. that's weird."

#248 bludd

bludd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Here's some info:
Buy and register SimCity by March 25, get one of these games:

• Battlefield 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Bejeweled 3
  • Dead Space 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Standard Edition)
  • Medal of Honor Warfighter (Standard Edition)
  • Need For Speed Most Wanted (Standard Edition)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
Source: http://kotaku.com/59...-other-pc-games

Here's the post from EA.

http://www.ea.com/ne...ad-from-origin-

#249 Kojiro

Kojiro

Vasch - Bismarck FFXI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Hmm... I've been wanting Dead Space... I think I'll pick up Sim City to get it as a freebie :D

#250 MikeE021286

MikeE021286

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Yeah, my plan is to pick up Sim City today, then PM it on Sunday to get it at $39.99

#251 supergamekh1

supergamekh1

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Any thoughts on epic Mickey 2,is it worth it at $20?

I was contemplating the same thing, it got decent reviews and looks good enough to spend $20 on so I'm gonna go for it

#252 htz

htz

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Wasnt sure where else to ask but is it true you can't use shopyourway points to buy PSN cards? They gave me 7 to use and when I went to use it, they said I can't use it on those kinda cards.

The gaming coupons and SYWR points don't work on PSN cards anymore. Tried it last week and the register indicated the PSN cards were not an eligible item.

#253 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

There are people doubting a Pikachu 3DS can sell as well as a Fire Emblem 3DS? Pikcachu can sell anything, he's practically a household name like Mario and Mickey Mouse. Fire Emblem is for gamers, and hard core gamers at that. My kids will both be looking to trade in their original 3DS for this, if they can get enough to justify it. They each got $66 when they traded in their DSi.

#254 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Yeah, my plan is to pick up Sim City today, then PM it on Sunday to get it at $39.99

How does that work? Thinking about picking it up but not sure how it works
Steam - TFSPIKE

#255 htz

htz

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

I was wondering has anyone traded in a system or handheld system at bestbuy
I want to know how much you got for it thanks.

From what I have seen, Best Buy never did system trade ins in-store, only online. I never seen a pre-owned system being sold in-store either.

#256 mkaliaz

mkaliaz

Scurvy Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Wow, i was not at all planning on buying Sim City anytime soon, but Sim City + Dead Space 3 for $40....that's very tempting.

#257 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

From what I have seen, Best Buy never did system trade ins in-store, only online. I never seen a pre-owned system being sold in-store either.

I think they've had a couple in-store promos for handheld trade-ins, but I've never seen console trade-ins in store.

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=315421

#258 Killagamer

Killagamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

DMC was confirmed a flop last week, not shocked by price drop

Hopefully in April MGS: Rising goes to 39.99

#259 darkrun

darkrun

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Can someone tell me how Best Buy's price matching works? I want to price match Target's $159 3DS XL deal. Can I price match online or only in store?

#260 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm hoping DMC used price will drop too. I have enough points for a $20 off used coupon. Wouldn't mind getting it for around $10 after coupon or so.

#261 carl7117

carl7117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

now if only my gamestops would get persona stocked. havent been able to find a brand new copy anywhere

#262 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

Holy cow, sim City 39.99 already? Hopefully they push out some aggressive changes like bigger cities and offline.

#263 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Monster Hunter comes out Tuesday for the WII U and the 3DS.... no circle pad pro announcement so most people (me) are importing it. Play-asia had the best deal going into this weekend so far. (20 bucks for the item, 20 bucks for 3 day shipping) Amazon was $45 with super saver shipping.

I'm going to wait on MH3U until they release the XL Circle Pad pro in the US or I get a WiiU. The demo just felt too clunky using the touchscreen to move the camera and I don't want to pay over $40 for the import circle pad.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#264 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Oh, just realized that I can pick up Sim City now and PM it for $40 next Sunday.

EDIT: Never mind. After re-reading the reviews for SimCity and DS3, I don't feel confident in getting them, even if it is effectively $20 each.

Edited by Dranakin, 19 March 2013 - 12:28 AM.

#265 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

I wish there was a sale already. I want to pick up JD4 before Thursday.

#266 pishowda

pishowda

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:08 AM

A heads up regarding SimCity..

if you activate by march 25, you get a free EA game. and they're decent games:
http://www.ign.com/a...y-apology-games

Pick up SimCity for 20 dollars off on the 24th and get a free bonus game as well. 2 for $40 basically.

#267 itzknickknac

itzknickknac

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

I want Crysis 3. Patiently waiting on $20 though.

Same. I'm especially waiting for DS3 to be $20.

How does that work? Thinking about picking it up but not sure how it works

Sounds to me like you're trying to do something like a price adjustment. Once you buy a game (idk, maybe more than just games), you have 15 days to get a price adjustment, which I'm assuming also applies with PMing.

Can someone tell me how Best Buy's price matching works? I want to price match Target's $159 3DS XL deal. Can I price match online or only in store?

I've never done it online if there is such thing, but I've done it in store. Just tell them you want to price match the item and whom you're matching it against. They look it up in there lil computer and approve.

#268 JohnnyCage

JohnnyCage

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

It is a shame Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo systems anymore. I could almost get one for free at $160 with gift cards.

#269 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

I may step foot into a Gamestop for the first time in a few years to grab Spider-Man @ $29.

oIi9lub.png

#270 Paladinion

Paladinion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:10 AM

Keep in mind on the 3ds version you can NOT play online, local play only.