Photo
- - - - -

Wii U Pro Controller $18.00 @ Walmart (YMMV)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#31 Jerms510

Jerms510

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

damn I was gonna go to that one lol

Lol.. My bad, man. I wonder if they have more stock in the back.

#32 kingotnw

kingotnw

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I wonder why these are being clearanced out... It's possible Nintendo is discontinuing these and adding analog trigger instead of digital ones. That would be awesome if it were the case, and I Would rather pay $50 for analog triggers than $18 for the current digital ones.

#33 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

I wonder why these are being clearanced out... It's possible Nintendo is discontinuing these and adding analog trigger instead of digital ones. That would be awesome if it were the case, and I Would rather pay $50 for analog triggers than $18 for the current digital ones.

I'm sure it was for the simple fact that when the Wii U was in demand, all the accessories were scarce.

I know I had a hard time finding a pro controller back then.

Someone simply over ordered expecting the demand to keep up.

Still shocking to see such a price drop at Wally World.

My Wal-Mart's clearance is laughable.

The section looks like it has been ravaged by zombies yet something that costs $70, they will have a red sticker on it for $68.96. And I'm not kidding.
Posted Image

#34 czissis

czissis

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I want a Pro Controller just to eliminate the wear and tear on the Gamepad.

That was my reasoning also. For stuff like BLOPS2 multiplayer, the gamepad doesn't really offer a whole lot of extra functionality, so I'd rather just use the Pro controller.

#35 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'd bet on human error and that someone entered it into the computer wrong, $18 clearance at Walmart is usually a $20 item which would be in line with the Wii Classic Controller Pro.

#36 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

damn.. heck of a deal.

im looking for a deal myself... Ive seen a few on ebay go for $30ish new. Its 40 on amazon right now.

1080i is for douchebags

#37 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Went to a couple of Wal-Mart's here in Houston and no luck. Still $49.99!

#38 beaus27

beaus27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

Lucky!! Here's $18 buy me one please, ;)!

#39 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'd bet on human error and that someone entered it into the computer wrong, $18 clearance at Walmart is usually a $20 item which would be in line with the Wii Classic Controller Pro.

This. Someone messed up big time.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#40 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

I checked a few today, and no luck. I did, however, get a ticket for being on my phone for all of 5 seconds in a construction zone. Lose lose for me.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#41 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

I checked a few today, and no luck. I did, however, get a ticket for being on my phone for all of 5 seconds in a construction zone. Lose lose for me.

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B003DPPYKK

I've been using one of these for over a year. I haven't had a single complaint about the other person not being able to hear me either.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#42 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B003DPPYKK

I've been using one of these for over a year. I haven't had a single complaint about the other person not being able to hear me either.

That looks pretty awesome. Seems really easy to use too. Shame I didn't have this earlier today lol! A state cop on a bike nailed me as I was getting off the phone going in to a work zone (where no one was even at because it was lunch time). Oh well, enough of my ranting.

Thanks for the heads up! I have a feeling I'll be ordering this in the next few minutes.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#43 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Both the black and white controllers are marked as discontinued at my local Walmart (central NJ), but the price hasn't been adjusted yet. The employee said that it will likely be updated in the next day or two. Hope I don't miss it!

#44 Y2Bogus

Y2Bogus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

All I found at my store was a stock of white classic controller pro's for Wii, 16 bones each red tagged
Posted Image

#45 joeydude0715

joeydude0715

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Both the black and white controllers are marked as discontinued at my local Walmart (central NJ), but the price hasn't been adjusted yet. The employee said that it will likely be updated in the next day or two. Hope I don't miss it!

What Walmart in central jersey are you talking about ?

#46 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Just in case someone doesn't know, these controllers are advertised to go 80 hours on a single charge.

#47 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

Gonna check my store tomorrow, already got a Classic Controller Pro which works well in Monster Hunter, but I have a feeling one of these would feel better in my hands for long periods. (That and constantly having to sit my Wiimote somewhere nearby)

Just not a fan of how they put the buttons under the right joystick...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 ebaymarcaro

ebaymarcaro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

What Walmart in central jersey are you talking about ?

The walmart on Route 1 south of Princeton. It's in the quakerbridge mall. If you go, let me know if they've been marked down yet.... and save me one :)

#49 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

Closest one to me still had them at MSRP. Had like 5 White ones, and atleast 10 Black ones. Hopefully if they do drop they wont go overnight
Posted ImagePosted Image

#50 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

Well not as good as the OP, but my local store dropped the white controller to $37.50 (black is still 50)

This is more along the lines of what the clearance price should be and doubt it'll ever reach 18 (@ walmart anyway)m

#51 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Same, checked quite a few stores during my travels. Cheapest I saw were the White ones for 37.50.

Just got home, so i'll give my stores one last check tomorrow though
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 petersen98374

petersen98374

Network Admistrator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Well not as good as the OP, but my local store dropped the white controller to $37.50 (black is still 50)

This is more along the lines of what the clearance price should be and doubt it'll ever reach 18 (@ walmart anyway)m

Same with the Puyallup Walmart.

VIC-20, C-16, Atari 5200, C-128D, C-64, NES, Amiga 500, Sega Master System, GameGear, Sega CD, Sega Genesis, 32X, LaserActive, CDX, JVC X'Eye, Saturn, NOMAD, Neo Geo Pocket Color, 3DO, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance SP, GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii, DS lite, XBox360, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, 3DS XL, Wii U, XBOX ONE, ???

#53 pkujulo

pkujulo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

Aww, they're not backwards compatible with the wii. I guess I have no reason to get one then :/

OP, I think some people would appreciate it if you put this info in your post.

#54 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Aww, they're not backwards compatible with the wii. I guess I have no reason to get one then :/

OP, I think some people would appreciate it if you put this info in your post.

That's completely obvious... Why would a Wii U controller be compatible with a Wii?

That's like saying a PS3 controller isnt compatible with a PS2.

#55 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

That's completely obvious... Why would a Wii U controller be compatible with a Wii?

That's like saying a PS3 controller isnt compatible with a PS2.

I think he means with Wii games (like Super Smash Bros) on the Wii U. In this case, it's a somewhat valid point, because the PS3 controller is compatible with PS1 and PS2 games when it comes to backwards compatibility on the PS3.

#56 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:23 AM

The Walmart I went to had white controllers on clearance for $36, but not $18. I'll keep an eye on them in case they drop lower.

#57 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:27 AM

I think he means with Wii games (like Super Smash Bros) on the Wii U. In this case, it's a somewhat valid point, because the PS3 controller is compatible with PS1 and PS2 games when it comes to backwards compatibility on the PS3.

Somewhat valid is right. Just never crossed my mind since Ninty did the same thing with the Wii (gc controller needed to play gc disc games).

Don't see it as much of an issue since I mainly want the pro-controller for when I buy Monster Hunter and any of the old NES games I grab off the e-shop.

#58 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Has there been any indication that VC games will be playable on the pro controller? I thought they were working on making them compatible with the gamepad.
Posted Image

#59 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Has there been any indication that VC games will be playable on the pro controller? I thought they were working on making them compatible with the gamepad.

Why wouldn't they be? It could be useful for multiplayer if you can't use the wii remotes and we only have one gamepad.

#60 Ric1511

Ric1511

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

I saw this same price at my walmart today. I got so excited when I saw the red clearance sticker, but then I saw the price. :( I'll keep checking.