[IN STOCK] Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 @ Amazon.com

I've been trying to find a place to preorder this for so long, having decided I wanted it after it basically sold out everywhere. Snagged one, thanks OP! The trade off is I'll have to wait until Thursday now to play since I ordered it so late, but God of War, Gears of War, Tomb Raider, Fire Emblem, Ni No Kuni, etc should keep me busy til then...(my backlog is getting too big!)

[quote name='ShockandAww']Some of the ebay auctions were selling for at or under retail price. Crazy.[/QUOTE]
I mentioned this in the CE thread too, I can't imagine how they profit.

haha. Pass.

You should probably make sure something is actually rare, and isn't going to come back in stock, prior to doing a no reserve auction style listing this close to release day.

Can you say "OOOPS"

Edit: LOL one just ended at $140.01 and free shipping to boot, plus it was coming with extra DLC. Would have been a better deal then getting it from Amazon! The fact it was coming in and out of stock at so many places was not a good sign...

I foresee lots of these CEs being gutted in attempt to auction off the items individually... and then possibly quite a few returns to Amazon.

Keep AWD on watch in the next coming months.. you may see these Ultimate Songbird Editions for cheap!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Some of the ebay auctions were selling for at or under retail price. Crazy.[/QUOTE]

Wow, a few sold for around $130.00 with free shipping. After ebay and paypal take their cut plus shipping you'll actually be losing a chunk of cash. I bet some won't get shipped out.

Another reason I see this going cheap is that they were selling season passes for whatever DLC they have in the pipeline. When I see that, its at least 3 big pieces of DLC if not 5 plus skins or a new skill or something. With as big a game as it is, I suspect a GoTY Edition in time so it will make the game itself worthless and the collector's edition will drop to around $85 or so.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Maybe they're stolen? I ebay sell a fair amount and I'd never take a loss with all those fees. Makes no sense unless it was free.[/QUOTE]

No all the lowest ones are auctions. Like GBA said people shouldn't have put them up for auction they should have done a Buy It Now if anything.

Also the only real reason to get it is for the statue since the rest of it is already in the version that's $70 less.

This really isn't going for that much... I figured it would be selling for a lot more. Many copies are on eBay going for less than $175, and many going for less than the MSRP.

Reviews so far have been a lot better than I expected them to be. I figured this would be in the 85-90% area range but Levine must be some kind of magician.

I'm SO torn on this. I really only want the statue. But $150 is a hard pill to swallow. Do I buy while its in stock or hope it will end up like most CE's and the price will drop shortly!?

[quote name='Vinny']
Reviews so far have been a lot better than I expected them to be. I figured this would be in the 85-90% area range but Levine must be some kind of magician.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Those reviews makes me think msrp of this edition is still worth it. Sessler did a pretty great review on the game too. Dude knows his thesaurus really well.:D

[quote name='slickkill77']That's weird. I guess Amazon got more in than they expected? They are starting to package them up[/QUOTE]

Probably those whose payment method was declined

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Probably those whose payment method was declined[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing but 500 + people seems like a lot. I guess Amazon's scope is clouding my thought process

I'm sure there were a lot of cancellations the past week or so once people realized their was very little resale profit. Hype and interest in this CE was HUGE when it was first announced... and then they delayed the game... and despite it releasing tomorrow their really isn't that much buzz.

Still think it's a really cool CE though

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm sure there were a lot of cancellations the past week or so once people realized their was very little resale profit. Hype and interest in this CE was HUGE when it was first announced... and then they delayed the game... and despite it releasing tomorrow their really isn't that much buzz.

Still think it's a really cool CE though[/QUOTE]

i agree, i think the original delay of the game, will hurt/ affect the sales for the game. Even with the hype and stellar review/ ratings. It seems like all the reviews score are around the range of 9+. The reviews makes the game seems like it is the second coming of Jesus.

I went ahead and ordered the PC Ultimate Songbird Edition awhile back. Not really too worried about this not being rare. I just bought it to enjoy the statue as a display piece like I do with every CE I buy.

[quote name='Sion']I went ahead and ordered the PC Ultimate Songbird Edition awhile back. Not really too worried about this not being rare. I just bought it to enjoy the statue as a display piece like I do with every CE I buy.[/QUOTE]

Same. I normally could give 2 shits about the rest of the CE stuff. I just love the statues.

I wish the poster was a Murder of Crows poster rather than the Devil's kiss one. I'll still frame it and hang it with my other 5 Bioshock lithographs/posters

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Seems like amazon has 800+ Xbox and 500+ ps3. Is amazon stock checker usually accurate?[/QUOTE]
i believe so, not 100 % certain.

Shoot - should have hold out till Amazon has more... I pre-order from GS and it's in transit. Does anyone know if I can still cancel it from GS during transit. I rather give my $$$ to Amazon than GS.

[quote name='Methoes']Shoot - should have hold out till Amazon has more... I pre-order from GS and it's in transit. Does anyone know if I can still cancel it from GS during transit. I rather give my $$$ to Amazon than GS.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing and really wanted a PS3 version. Does anyone know if I can do this?

[quote name='Methoes']Shoot - should have hold out till Amazon has more... I pre-order from GS and it's in transit. Does anyone know if I can still cancel it from GS during transit. I rather give my $$$ to Amazon than GS.[/QUOTE]
mostly like not, you will just have to return it to your local gs store, once you receive it. but you can always call gs to doublecheck

You could refuse shipment but I honestly don't know gamestops policies. Problem is that they will probably charge you shipping or handling however you return it. You could return it in store if they allow you to but again they probably won't refund handling charges if you have any or shipping

[quote name='YBX87']mostly like not, you will just have to return it to your local gs store, once you receive it. but you can always call gs to doublecheck[/QUOTE]

Thanks - Guess I'll order another one off Amazon and return the GS one. Just lost $6.15 on shipping cost. That's five .99 cent apps I could have bought. (Another reason why I hate you GS!!!)

[quote name='YBX87']i am surprised you would pay msrp for it. you must have a ton load of amazon credit[/QUOTE]
I really want that Songbird statue, not going to risk it selling out. I can always sell the other extra stuff plus the game since I already have the game itself pre-ordered from best buy.

I remember the same discussion happened with MGRising Limited where amazon was showing 999+ stock, yet now they are sold out.

[quote name='htz']I really want that Songbird statue, not going to risk it selling out. I can always sell the other extra stuff plus the game since I already have the game itself pre-ordered from best buy.

I remember the same discussion happened with MGRising Limited where amazon was showing 999+ stock, yet now they are sold out.[/QUOTE]
actually they are only sold out, because of the constant complaint of returns from customers due to damaged shipments.

There's still 819 360 versions left. Hasn't even sold 70 copies since its been in stock (However long that has been)

[quote name='KingofGames']I wonder if this is gonna be like the Skyrim CE. Thanks for the links.[/QUOTE]

Or, the Bioshock 2 ltd... years later and retailers had stacks of them for $19.99.

[quote name='InvaderZim']Or, the Bioshock 2 ltd... years later and retailers had stacks of them for $19.99.[/QUOTE]
or at the bestbuy clearance sale for $10

[quote name='YBX87']actually they are only sold out, because of the constant complaint of returns from customers due to damaged shipments.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that, maybe more reason for me to order it now. ;)

[quote name='htz']I didn't know that, maybe more reason for me to order it now. ;)[/QUOTE]
it is mainly the special lamp inside mgr collectors edition that was damaged due to poor packaging. there was a whole thread dedicated to it on the amazon page

[quote name='htz']I really want that Songbird statue, not going to risk it selling out. I can always sell the other extra stuff plus the game since I already have the game itself pre-ordered from best buy.

I remember the same discussion happened with MGRising Limited where amazon was showing 999+ stock, yet now they are sold out.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, this may sell out. But (in my opinion) not so rare that it will generate large reselling profit, given shipping costs and eBay fees.
Nobody knows for now.

Gamestop has it too (360), for whatever reason you would want to go there for.

Newegg has the PC version (Tax Free for Non-Californians).

[quote name='Number83']Gamestop has it too (360), for whatever reason you would want to go there for.

Newegg has the PC version (Tax Free for Non-Californians).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, we get taxed for both Newegg and Amazon. It's hard being CAG out here.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Wow, a few sold for around $130.00 with free shipping. After ebay and paypal take their cut plus shipping you'll actually be losing a chunk of cash. I bet some won't get shipped out.[/QUOTE]

That's like $100 leftover after fees and shipping costs ... ouch. I would not eat a $60 loss plus the trouble of mailing that sucker out. I would just take the negative feedback review instead. either way, somebody is not going to be happy after this. lol.

bread's done
Back