[IN STOCK] Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition $149.99 @ Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#211 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:56 PM

I want a genuine leather wrapped statue with rough canvas wings. If this happens then I don't care how much it costs. But, everything has to be plastic :(

But that's why it's $150 with the game and not $450 with the game. If you want an aftermarket model, sometimes you can find some really good ones out there. It just doesn't make sense financially for them to pack something like that in with the CE and try to sell a lot of them.

ach.png

#212 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

But that's why it's $150 with the game and not $450 with the game. If you want an aftermarket model, sometimes you can find some really good ones out there. It just doesn't make sense financially for them to pack something like that in with the CE and try to sell a lot of them.

Of course, I don't expect them to pack it into a CE. I am looking for this desired aftermarket model as of now, currently all I am seeing is plastic models.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#213 Jrod87

Jrod87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

I had no interest in the Songbird edition, that is until I beat the game. Its a masterpiece and I love the Songbird presence in the game, so bought.

#214 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

I already bought the game on PC for cheap but I still want this ... just not sure which edition to get now or which would hold its value best? Any suggestions?

ach.png

#215 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Where are the nice, expensive statues people are talking about available from?

#216 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

I just opened my songbird edition up. The little handyman board game piece is really puny, and the murder of crows keychain is kinda weak because it is very lightweight. The little artbook is really nice, and the songbird figure is really very nicely done.

#217 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:10 PM

That sucks, I've never owed. We got a lot more than expected this year, can't touch it though.

I received like a $2 check once after some back pay for initiation dues and union dues, I don't think I even cashed the check.

i cashed mine. my friends at the time said i should of framed it. i regret not doing that now lol

#218 argyle

argyle

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

With my love of the series I probably would have bit on this had it been $100, even tho I feel like even that is a touch steep. But there's no way I can justify the $150 they're asking for this set. I watched an unboxing last night and I just don't see it. Considering that everything BUT the statue is in the $80 set (correct me if I'm wrong on that), there is no way that statue is worth $70.

I'm sure they'll sell out because it doesn't sound like they overproduced this one, and the game IS incredible.
Posted Image

#219 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yup. $80 for everything else. The statue is literally doubles the cost for just that.

#220 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:49 PM

Well, if it does sell out, i guess $149.99 is the "right" price for the developers/publishers.

#221 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

With my love of the series I probably would have bit on this had it been $100, even tho I feel like even that is a touch steep. But there's no way I can justify the $150 they're asking for this set. I watched an unboxing last night and I just don't see it. Considering that everything BUT the statue is in the $80 set (correct me if I'm wrong on that), there is no way that statue is worth $70.

I'm sure they'll sell out because it doesn't sound like they overproduced this one, and the game IS incredible.

Well, the "worthy price" calculations gets thrown out of the window once things become hard to find at MSRP. Which I don't know if this will be, maybe eventually.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#222 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Well, if it does sell out, i guess $149.99 is the "right" price for the developers/publishers.

I know the statue isn't worth $80 to a lot of people, but for the size/material it seems like an alright price. I pay $70 about once every month or two (bit of a guilty pleasure, and a relatively expensive hobby) getting statues, they're about the same size and just as cool-looking as this songbird.

#223 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

The songbird statue will only hold its value until the inevitable songbird figure is released with equivalent quality. Given that the statue is medium quality plastic, I believe, I don't see the value skyrocketing anytime soon. A deluxe figure will run between $30 to $40 most likely, so paying $70 for a statue of similar quality right now seems a bit much.

#224 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:57 AM

I would say anytime this week(or maybe next) BB is going to be sold out on these too

#225 btanoue

btanoue

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have an extra new in box one for the PS3 if anyone is interested.
Ultimate Songbird edition. Bought it for a friend who backed out on this and a Pikachu 3DS XL....

Won't make that mistake again.

#226 Jrod87

Jrod87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

I love Amazon so much. Picked the cheapest, slowest shipping yesterday and its scheduled to arrive tomorrow

#227 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

I have an extra new in box one for the PS3 if anyone is interested.
Ultimate Songbird edition. Bought it for a friend who backed out on this and a Pikachu 3DS XL....

Won't make that mistake again.

First, you are a good friend for doing that. Cant you return it since u have a 30 day return window?

I guess your friend isnt a good friend after all....

#228 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

Use coupon code 15FREE to get $22.50 off PS3 version at Gamestop

#229 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Not bad!

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#230 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

i cashed mine. my friends at the time said i should of framed it. i regret not doing that now lol

i have a $.01 check from AT&T I have that framed I hate them

#231 shakespeare

shakespeare

The True Bard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks! Finally caved thanks to you!:applause:

#232 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Oh boy I wish I used that 15FREE code on my TLOU ppe preorder. $22 off would have been great on that one.

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#233 argyle

argyle

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:59 AM

Well, the "worthy price" calculations gets thrown out of the window once things become hard to find at MSRP. Which I don't know if this will be, maybe eventually.

Of course if you're buying to resell it's an entirely different discussion. I was speaking from the point of someone who would be buying it to keep for themselves. I just don't see the value, but to each their own.
Posted Image

#234 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:17 AM

Oh boy I wish I used that 15FREE code on my TLOU ppe preorder. $22 off would have been great on that one.

If I am not mistaken, by the time this code appeared, that was sold out.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#235 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Of course if you're buying to resell it's an entirely different discussion. I was speaking from the point of someone who would be buying it to keep for themselves. I just don't see the value, but to each their own.

No no no, the desire for rarity is not directly related to the intention for resell.

I collect statues, along with other stuff (mostly rare oriental hand crafted items). And for any collector of anything, you want to collect the rare and valuable. Or else there would be no point of "collecting" if you could shell out an acceptable amount of cash anytime and buy the entire collection off Amazon. If this becomes hard to find, it is valuable (regardless of quality) to collectors and resellers alike, hence the motivation for monitoring the retailers' supply.

I mean come on, you have 100+ feedback, you must be a collector to some degree, you can understand this mentality.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#236 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:07 AM

i have a $.01 check from AT&T I have that framed I hate them

pics?

#237 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

pics?

http://archive.decat...518/penny.shtml

#238 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

http://archive.decat...518/penny.shtml

cant decide whether to cry or laugh

#239 shadylane

shadylane

Believe...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:32 AM

hope they come back in stock for ps3

Shadylane310.png

33836.png

#240 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:35 AM

hope they come back in stock for ps3

BBY has it, :ps3: is the only one left.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png