NPR article: Disability is the new Welfare hotness

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

man, you really do love throwing that straw man argument thing around.

Yeah, calling people out on making them is so much worse than the people actually making them. It's almost as if being intolerant of someone's bigotry is as bad as being that bigot!:roll:

edit: Hmmm...ninja'd your quote eh? Anyways, liberal!=leftist. HTH
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#32 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, calling people out on making them is so much worse than the people actually making them. It's almost as if being intolerant of someone's bigotry is as bad as being that bigot!:roll:

No, the reason I call you out on it is that it's like the only arrow in your quiver.

edit: didn't mean to ninja my quote. I stand by it. As for the other portion, you give liberals a bad name.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#33 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

No, the reason I call you out on it is that it's like the only arrow in your quiver.

edit: didn't mean to ninja my quote. I stand by it. As for the other portion, you give liberals a bad name.

Posted Image

Did you not understand a single word/concept in my post or something?

edit: The only thing "left" about most what is commonly known as "liberals" is that they're to the left of the right-wing lunatic fringe, which is now mainstream right-wing ideology. Today's (neo)liberals are nothing more than centrists that are only "The Left" because of the Overton Window. But hey, I'm just some dumb fucker on the internet that only calls people out on strawmen because that's the only fallacy I learned about in that one highschool debate class I attended. Maybe that will square that circle for you.

edit2: I also didn't realize that I spoke for you or anyone else that's to the left of the lunatic fringe or that the lunatic fringe holds me up as an example of the "average liberal." I guess it's my own fault for not putting up a disclaimer about not representing everyone that people think I represent.

Edited by dohdough, 31 March 2013 - 07:30 PM.

dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

#34 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

"Lunatic fringe." That's rich.

ok, time to ignore before I get banned for arguing. (Even though I thought it was ok to argue in the Vs forum... but whatever.)

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#35 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

Every time I read one of your posts, with all your silly little labels, I hear Chuck D in my head saying "talking loud and saying nothin'" But hey, that's what you like, isn't it? People attacking you so you can play the victim.

If you don't understand the terminology, you could ask me to clarify them or you could go learn about them on your own. Sticking your fingers in your ears while stammering about how meaningless the words are is your own failing, not mine.

You accuse people of attacking you and never the issue. But you don't address the issue, you just like to spin a little cloud of obfuscation and hope nobody calls you to task for it. Dohdough, defender of everyone!

Or maybe I'm just tired of writing 500 word posts that the opposition will just ignore and play dumb about. My last few posts? You barely understood a goddamn thing I wrote and what you didn't understand? You wrote it off as blatherskite. You want to see some more effort? Then provide some of your own.

I would love for someone to knock these right wing nut jobs down a peg or two. God knows I don't agree with their views. Unfortunately, the loudest person is you.

And you're mostly silent except on the occasions such as this one to chide me on my "tone." What's your point if you're not doing it yourself? You have a brain; use it.

But don't mind me. I just should learn to ignore.

You just about ignore all the other crazy bullshit you don't agree with from right-wing nutjobs here so you're already off to a good start.

Ninja'd again??? So much for standing by what you said.:applause:

Here's an olive branch: Let me know if you want me to delete your original post.
dohdough.png

#36 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Ninja'd again??? So much for standing by what you said.:applause:

Here's an olive branch: Let me know if you want me to delete your original post.

I didn't edit my post because I don't stand by what I said. I edited my post because I realized you weren't worth getting banned over. I don't know which mod patrols the vs forum and I don't know if arguing like this is against the rules or what.

So, no need for olive branches.

As for actually standing up for what I believe in, I could make the greatest argument ever against some of these right wing nutjobs (not saying I am even capable of it or that I will), and it'd be lost because of your nonsense. *That* is my point. Your noise is drowning out sensible argument. You're just as bad as the right wing nut jobs... you just play for the other side.

Ees7Y.jpg

#37 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I didn't edit my post because I don't stand by what I said. I edited my post because I realized you weren't worth getting banned over. I don't know which mod patrols the vs forum and I don't know if arguing like this is against the rules or what.

So, no need for olive branches.

As for actually standing up for what I believe in, I could make the greatest argument ever against some of these right wing nutjobs (not saying I am even capable of it or that I will), and it'd be lost because of your nonsense. *That* is my point. Your noise is drowning out sensible argument. You're just as bad as the right wing nut jobs... you just play for the other side.

LOLZ...after all that, now you want to go back to this argument:

It's almost as if being intolerant of someone's bigotry is as bad as being that bigot!

Seriously, get over yourself. You don't contribute jack shit except to make "tone" arguments against me. Do you really think it makes sense in this medium that I'm the one to blame for drowning out "sensible" arguments or people ignoring you? If you make a point and they ignore it is because they don't care to address it. Mykevermin and speedracer make super informed posts ALL THE DAMNED TIME. Do you see any substantive engagement against their arguments? Posting on the internet is not a zero sum game, so stop blaming me for your inadequacy or lack of someone else's engagement. If you make a good argument and someone completely skips over it, then call them out. Picking on my tone is like picking low-hanging fruit that you don't even want anyways. All your whining about me is weaksauce.

Maybe if you spent half your effort being critical instead of just being a critic, vs. would be for the better. Create the content you want to see instead of blaming others for not providing it for you. Even egofed understands this. This is vs.; not the front lines for conflicting political ideologies.

FYI, no one gets banned unless they get reported and since you're arguing with me, it's not something you should worry about if history is worth anything and you ain't all that (edit: and neither am I).

Edited by dohdough, 31 March 2013 - 09:29 PM.

dohdough.png