Storage cap storage cap storage cap storage cap storage cap

iGen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
May I please ask, why the fuck is there a storage cap on our PM inbox?

May I please ask, why the fuck do we get no notification (outside of our PMs page) about a full inbox, and no notification when a user leaves a note on our wall about the full inbox?

This bullshit caused me to lose a small handful of money due to being unable to complete a transaction for a time-sensitive coupon.

This isn't fucking 1996 - these PMs should take up hardly any space in a well-compressed database.

A lot of topics on Video Game Deals are filled with anti-Wii/anti-Xbox/anti-PS3 trolls shitting up the boards and those posts are never deleted. While on the other hand, PMs tend to store critical information including shipping addresses, PayPal transaction IDs, tracking numbers, etc. etc. I'm aware that there is an option to download them, but that's no excuse to inconvenience users with bullshit storage caps.

You know how that old saying goes: "You can catch more flies with honey."

Or is it... "You can catch more flies by overreacting and flaming them about something trivial on a video game shopping message board?"

I can never remember...

I'm with OP on this.

We can't upload/store images so I'm not sure that you can use the "it'd take up too much space" as an argument.

Anyways for anyone that is active in trading 150 messages doesn't go very long.

I read in another thread that you can download your messages as a txt file in the lower right hand corner. Maybe you should do that instead.

[quote name='mitch079']I read in another thread that you can download your messages as a txt file in the lower right hand corner. Maybe you should do that instead.[/QUOTE]

high tech. I'll get right on that once I boot up my Packard Bell running windows 3.1

There's a storage cap because:

1. Space. I don't care how small they are. Thousands of PMs take up space, period. You get every heavy trader saving every PM ever and you get a bloated database. There's a lot of users on CAG, and every little bit adds up.

2. Speed. The more shit in the database and the slower the forum goes. Cheapy isn't going to let the forum slow to a crawl because you want to go back and look at your PMs from 6 years ago.

Also, don't blame the storage cap on your full inbox. Empty the damn thing when you get up there and you'll be fine. As for the BS posts, it's a lot easier for every CAG to delete their own PMs than it is for a handful of moderators to delete every off-topic post.

Next time, instead of bitching and moaning and blaming your dumb mistakes on other people, come in here and politely ask to have the limit increased a bit. Maybe somebody will actually pay attention to you then.

An idea, but one that will be frowned upon, I'm sure. Give folks larger inboxes in exchange for a paid subscription. :D

The only folks who really need a larger inbox would be those who engage in a lot of trading/selling. If you're making money off the site, why not give some to Cheapy? :D

May I please ask, why the fuck do we get no notification (outside of our PMs page) about a full inbox, and no notification when a user leaves a note on our wall about the full inbox?

This is still not addressed.

When your fucking PM box is full, you receive a fucking email notification to the fucking email addressed you fucking registered with on fucking CAG.

To answer your other fucking question, I'll raise the PM box limit when we switch over to fucking CAG 3.0, which will be on Monday.

[quote name='CheapyD'] I'll raise the PM box limit when we switch over to fucking CAG 3.0, which will be on Monday.[/QUOTE]

That's good news! I've been looking forward to 3.0

[quote name='CheapyD']When your fucking PM box is full, you receive a fucking email notification to the fucking email addressed you fucking registered with on fucking CAG.

To answer your other fucking question, I'll raise the PM box limit when we switch over to fucking CAG 3.0, which will be on Monday.[/QUOTE]Can we please raise it for every user except the OP? He seems to be doing fine with what he has.

[quote name='CheapyD']When your fucking PM box is full, you receive a fucking email notification to the fucking email addressed you fucking registered with on fucking CAG.

To answer your other fucking question, I'll raise the PM box limit when we switch over to fucking CAG 3.0, which will be on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Can we get increasing limits based on time served?

I got some gems in my inbox I'd hate to delete.

[quote name='shrike4242']Can we please raise it for every user except the OP? He seems to be doing fine with what he has.[/QUOTE]

Forever n00b 2.0

bread's done
Back