Target - Ni No Kuni $39.99 YMMV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, credit to bellenoire for the post. That said, does anyone else think that this game will drop like a rock despite its good reviews? It seems a little niche-y.

Again, this is a nice price and a good post by bellenoire.

I saw a copy for full price back when I went to get fire emblem last week. I might go back there and see it's still there and at this price.

I would compare this to tales of graces f and that title seems to be hovering around 40 used on ebay. I dont think this will gonna get any cheaper.

[quote name='bgame2']That said, does anyone else think that this game will drop like a rock despite its good reviews? It seems a little niche-y.
[/QUOTE]

It's already been 2 months, it's probably staying up there. Price dropping has more to do with how many copies are printed.

Thanks OP just had the wife go to Target for me. Sign said 59.99 but rang up 39.99! This was in Chambersburg, PA. I wanted this bad too!

Also confirmed to be $39.99 in northern Illinois. Picked up the 2nd to last one. Gaming rep said it had been a popular purchase this week.

Dam not sure if I go for it now or wait a few more months to see if it is any cheaper.

picture.php

Sorry so grainy, taken on my phone.

ETA - The item number is 207240537.

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just came back from Target, lol. Demo was good, but I'm not gonna pay more than $20 for this one. I don't care how long it takes to get there, it's not at the top of my want list.

[quote name='Deader2818']Its something that will likely get clearance out, but then be hard to find later on. Most late system niche games do this.[/QUOTE]
This is what I think as well.

Hopefully other retailers will bring this down to $40 as well. I had a bad experience buying my one and only game from Target. They had that security protection seal wrapped tight on it. I didn't notice it until I got home but the case had caved in on the back.

[quote name='Raye']Hopefully other retailers will bring this down to $40 as well. I had a bad experience buying my one and only game from Target. They had that security protection seal wrapped tight on it. I didn't notice it until I got home but the case had caved in on the back.[/QUOTE]

Target's cases always cause that issue, and it's infuriating.

Movies with slipcovers are another issue entirely. Those damn security cases mangle the slips.

Makes shopping at Target a giant pain in the ass.

[quote name='DaBargainHunta']Target's cases always cause that issue, and it's infuriating.

Movies with slipcovers are another issue entirely. Those damn security cases mangle the slips.

Makes shopping at Target a giant pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

100% agree. This is a reason I won't buy any of my blu-rays at target. I can't believe they do that to a product they are trying to sell. I know it's just a box, but we are spending $20-$30 for something that is going to sit on a shelf a lot of the time, and the condition they sell them in is horrific.

[quote name='leehom']I was at Walmart and it's $39.99. I think it might be a universal price drop.[/QUOTE]

If that's true I'm gonna wait for Amazon to reflect the drop. Might as well save on time, gas, and tax.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Four?[/QUOTE]

ranging from ps2, gamecube, xbox and this gen means more like 25 to 35

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='swaggyp']I just bought this from Target on Saturday, think they'll let me get the new price if I go back today?[/QUOTE]
Yes, definitely within 7 days. I think their policy is 14 days, but some managers may dispute that.

[quote name='whiteninja2000']I saw a copy for full price back when I went to get fire emblem last week. I might go back there and see it's still there and at this price.

I would compare this to tales of graces f and that title seems to be hovering around 40 used on ebay. I dont think this will gonna get any cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I've seen way more copies of this game than I ever did of Tales Of Graces F. I'll take the chance and wait for a much lower price later.

A Target opened up a few weeks ago in Homewood, Al so I didn't expect they would have this but they did have a couple of copies. Picked up a copy from there, thanks!

I found a copy nearby with this inventory checker: http://target.dez2.com Enter the online item # ( 14064263 ), not the DPCI.

The inventory checker was found by google on slickdeals from poster nickmccally.

The employee who helped me was pretty excited by the price; said he knew someone who wanted the game, too.

I got it yesterday but I didn't notice the case had some damage in the back so that didn't like a good sign. The disc may have had damage too so I didn't unwrap it. I returned it with no problem.

I have the return receipt, and I'll explain to BB that it's an in-store only deal. Think I could price match it?

Wasn't planning on buying it yet anyway, but it was $60 at my Target.

[quote name='bshirk']Wasn't planning on buying it yet anyway, but it was $60 at my Target.[/QUOTE]
Did you make the employee scan it? It has an $60 tag but it's $40 when it's scanned.

[quote name='zzamaro']Did you make the employee scan it? It has an $60 tag but it's $40 when it's scanned.[/QUOTE]

No

[quote name='bshirk']No[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the sale is largely unadvertised. I would try again before the week is over and actually have someone scan it, or create a UPC code on your phone and use the in-store price checker.

I have been incredibly tempted to jump on this all week. I want to wait for the $20-$30 dollar range though as I have plenty to play. The only question is the potential difficulty in finding a copy down the road. Amazon still has plenty of them, so I am hopeful scarcity won't be an issue.

I've seen people mention that the hardcover guide will get rare, though, so I'm considering jumping on that as it's apparently very well done.

[quote name='CaoPi']ranging from ps2, gamecube, xbox and this gen means more like 25 to 35[/QUOTE]
Damn I thought I was bad. I just have the PS3 and DS it's more like 10-15. :applause:

The first Target I went to was sold out but the second Target had 5 or 6 copies so I picked up one to play while I keep my limited edition copy sealed.

I returned mine(back of case damaged) then I took the recept to BB. I told the guy at gaming about the deal and showed him the receipt and the number was on it in case he needed to call. Didn't call, and did PM with no problem.

[quote name='zzamaro']I returned mine(back of case damaged) then I took the recept to BB. I told the guy at gaming about the deal and showed him the receipt and the number was on it in case he needed to call. Didn't call, and did PM with no problem.[/QUOTE]

That's the annoying thing about buying the last copy of the games at Target. The magnetic device leaves an dent in the bottom of the covert art. Happened to me multiple times in the past!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back