Pre-order Battlefield 4, Get Battlefield 3 Free, Walmart. Battlefield 4 $48, Gamefly.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Pre-order Deals:

1113024852629_180X180.jpg

iconps3.gif
Preorder Battlefield 4 to Get the Premium Expansion Pack and Battlefield 3 at No Additional Cost! $59.96

iconxbox360.gif
Preorder Battlefield 4 to Get the Premium Expansion Pack and Battlefield 3 at No Additional Cost! $59.96

iconpcwin.gif
Battlefield 4 [GFDAPR20] $48 after coupon @
icongamefly.gif
Gamefly
One time use code (per account) for 20% off: GFDAPR20 (Code expires April 12th)

Pre-order Bonuses:
73129_LB_135_RP.jpg
73132_LB_135_RP.jpg
73135_LB_135_RP.jpg

ORIGIN-EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION: Pre-order now to receive a Battlefield 4™ Premium Expansion Pack. Plus, get Exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta Access* and bonus content.

Only in Battlefield™

Battlefield 4™ is the genre-defining action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory. Fueled by the next-generation power and fidelity of Frostbite™ 3, Battlefield 4 provides a visceral, dramatic experience unlike any other.

Only in Battlefield can you demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. Only in Battlefield will you lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory.

In addition to its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4™ features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home.

There is no comparison. Immerse yourself in the glorious chaos of all-out war, found only in Battlefield.
http://store.origin.com/store?Actio...4_Web_Hero_PreOrder&pbPage=battlefield4_en_US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9fWUUeL00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U

iconamazon.gif
iconps3.gif
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-4-Playstation-3/dp/B00BXE4KVM/
iconamazon.gif
iconxbox360.gif
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-4-Xbox-360/dp/B00BXE4KWG/
For a Limited Time, Pre-order and Get a Digital Dogtag
Pre-order Battlefield 4 before April 13, 2013 and get a digital dogtag. This offer will unlock a premium expansion pack in Battlefield 4, available when the game launches this Fall. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Access code will be emailed within two business days after your order is placed. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Limited to one per customer order.

icongs_r1.gif
^Click on banner for more details.^
icongs_r1.gif

Pre-Order Battlefield 4 and receive a Pair of Real Battlefield 4 Dog Tags with bonus in-game content*!

Bonus in-game content* will be available when Battlefield 4 launches this fall. Instructions on how to redeem in-game content will be delivered with the Battlefield 4 Dog Togs. Consumers can register to receive their future in-game content as soon as March 27, 2013.

Online/In-Store Pickup Customers: Please print your order confirmation page and bring it to your local store to receive your dog tags. To ensure product is available, it is best to call your local store ahead of time.
Store Customers: Dog tags will be available at time of reserve.

While supplies last. Quantities are limited.

*Requires Battlefield 4, Internet Connection and Origin account.
battlefield4dogtagbonus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they announce it for PS4/New Xbox or what? I haven't read much about it but I saw the screenshots and it doesn't really look much different from 3 to me. I'm pretty sure I'm getting since this is like the only game me and my friends play online a lot besides halo.

[quote name='diazt350']Did they announce it for PS4/New Xbox or what? I haven't read much about it but I saw the screenshots and it doesn't really look much different from 3 to me. I'm pretty sure I'm getting since this is like the only game me and my friends play online a lot besides halo.[/QUOTE]
Its announced for PS3/PS4, Xbox 360/720, and PC so far. I hoping for that the deluxe was like BF3 premium, but for BF4 so there is no deal here.

[quote name='usagi']Its announced for PS3/PS4, Xbox 360/720, and PC so far. I hoping for that the deluxe was like BF3 premium, but for BF4 so there is no deal here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer guys.

I'm waiting for microsoft to show of the new xbox until then I might just get it for the 360.

Plan on gettin it for whichever next gen console ends up looking like the better option. Usually I hate how they showcase the singleplayer for these games that people buy for the multiplayer, but that was actually pretty well done.

So, I'm guessing the setting is Shanghai from the quick flash of the city.
I hope there will be a decent SP campaign for players like me who don't care for MP.

[quote name='TooPoor']So, I'm guessing the setting is Shanghai from the quick flash of the city.
I hope there will be a decent SP campaign for players like me who don't care for MP.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the SP should provide you with at least 4 hours of enjoyment.

[quote name='TooPoor']So, I'm guessing the setting is Shanghai from the quick flash of the city.
I hope there will be a decent SP campaign for players like me who don't care for MP.[/QUOTE]
i am curious why do you buy battlefield 3, if you are only going to play only sp campaign. The game was not design for the sp, but for the multiplayer.

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...4-brings-open-world-freedoms-to-its-campaign/
^DICE is putting more focus toward single player this time.

P.S. Updated OP with GameStop pre-order bonus. They will be handing out real dog tags today with a reserve.

Exactly what is the line between game and glory anyway?

So the bonus for pre-order sounds like what they did for Karkand which was basically moot after they released the 5 dlc premium pack. Might stop in and drop $5 down but otherwise meh.

[quote name='htz']http://www.computerandvideogames.co...4-brings-open-world-freedoms-to-its-campaign/

P.S. Updated OP with GameStop pre-order bonus. They will be handing out real dog tags today with a reserve.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they said the same thing about Battlefield 3 and look how that turned out. I love Battlefield for MP, but I couldn't even finish the SP. It looks cool in cutscenes and whatnot but the actual sp gaemplay was always very bland.

How is this a deal? This is the typical blockbuster release that somehow ends up as a deal even though is just like any other release.

Graphically, it's a step up from BF3, but gameplay-wise, looks like a small update. Even if it has a solid multiplayer, I likely won't be touching it if I do get it. In any case, I'm going to wait until post-release on this one; in light of recent EA releases, I'm approaching this one cautiously.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So the bonus for pre-order sounds like what they did for Karkand which was basically moot after they released the 5 dlc premium pack.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. I got BF3 and Karkand separately, then they come out with premium service. There is just no benefit here of being an early adopter when I know they are going to do premium again.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Totally underwelmed by the video. It doesn't blow me away like BF3 did. I'll probably still pick up the PC version on day 1 though.[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks basically like BF3 with the blue tint removed. No wonder they want to ban anyone who fixes the colors on BF3, that gives them a free BF4 upgrade.

[quote name='rbanez']Thank god BF4 still has sp. (no sarcasm there lol).[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you beat BF3 campaign in like 3 hours?

[quote name='thetruth1983']I'm sure the SP should provide you with at least 4 hours of enjoyment.[/QUOTE]
Um...sarcasm?
[quote name='YBX87']i am curious why do you buy battlefield 3, if you are only going to play only sp campaign. The game was not design for the sp, but for the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
I bought it because it was $10 and I had tons of BBY credit. I heard it was designed for the MP, but I always expect a enjoyable campaign unless for MMO games. Their trailers showed gameplay of the campaign too, so it's not exactly an unreasonable request.
[quote name='htz']http://www.computerandvideogames.co...4-brings-open-world-freedoms-to-its-campaign/

P.S. Updated OP with GameStop pre-order bonus. They will be handing out real dog tags today with a reserve.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully.
[quote name='slickkill77']I'm pretty sure they said the same thing about Battlefield 3 and look how that turned out. I love Battlefield for MP, but I couldn't even finish the SP. It looks cool in cutscenes and whatnot but the actual sp gaemplay was always very bland.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully they are true to their word this time.

[quote name='Genobyte']Exactly. I got BF3 and Karkand separately, then they come out with premium service. There is just no benefit here of being an early adopter when I know they are going to do premium again.[/QUOTE]
I think I read some info that they plan to release the Premium service the same day as BF4. I just hope they make something like a BF4 collector's edition where they have the game and Premium service bundled at a discount.

To bad it won't be multiple discs on 720. Bought it at release and installed HD pack and sold disc 2 on EBay as SP only with case for $45 without touching it. Single player is waste of developers time on BF. :)

Next time i'm in the area i'll move my $5 from Gears pre-order to this just for the dog tags and goodies. Thanks for post.

Seems like an expansion pack to me. Gonna wait for a real deal on this game. Not a day one buy.

I bought it because it was $10 and I had tons of BBY credit. I heard it was designed for the MP, but I always expect a enjoyable campaign unless for MMO games. Their trailers showed gameplay of the campaign too, so it's not exactly an unreasonable request.
well, suit yourself if you want to waste $10. But battlefield is intended for the multiplayer gameplay/ experience. the Single player/ campaign will always be a let down/ generic.

Pre-ordered it from Amazon.co, (digital). I kinda lol'd when I saw that Im getting the premium expansion pack, which is according to Origin, only avaiable for Delxue Edition on Origin. :p

[quote name='YBX87']well, suit yourself if you want to waste $10. But battlefield is intended for the multiplayer gameplay/ experience. the Single player/ campaign will always be a let down/ generic.[/QUOTE]
As I said, I know the developer put more effort into the MP, and I have no problem with that. I did not have high expectations for the campaign, but in the end I found the SP to be overly underwhelming for a AAA title. And the point of my post is that I wish they would improve upon this, seeing the first trailer looks to be pulled from the campaign mission, and we see some interesting characters (particularly the Chinese agent at the end, somehow I am digging her vibe).

It's funny when I started a wishful discussion about the SP, and you just jump in out of nowhere to question my decision "out of curiosity", and eventually end with a snide remark.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Couldn't you beat BF3 campaign in like 3 hours?[/QUOTE]
Which was kind of a mercy because it was so terrible. I had modest hopes for the BF3 single player since the two Bad Company campaigns were so enjoyable. Staying far away from this series now. (Which is all to say, yes, there are people who buy military FPS games for the campaign.)

[quote name='SnoT']Pre Order from gamestop grab Dog Tags go back later cancel/move pre-order = Win?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Although to be fair, I'm preordering for 360 now and will cancel for a next gen version later.

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Graphically, it's a step up from BF3, but gameplay-wise, looks like a small update. Even if it has a solid multiplayer, I likely won't be touching it if I do get it. In any case, I'm going to wait until post-release on this one; in light of recent EA releases, I'm approaching this one cautiously.[/QUOTE]

Smart move sir. I think I'm done with EA personally. Not exactly a well oiled machine.

[quote name='Jodou']Where's Gargus to handle these MSRP threads? :lol:[/QUOTE]

The new norm at CAG is post MSRP releases on the deals section. Go figure.

But hey, it is a deal because you can preorder the "super duper I dont give a shit deluxe version" at MSRP!

[quote name='SnoT']Pre Order from gamestop grab Dog Tags go back later cancel/move pre-order = Win?[/QUOTE]

Wait, aren't we supposed to not go to GameStop since they sell gutted games as new?

[quote name='giantqtipz']Can't wait for this on the nextbox[/QUOTE]

But what if the rumors and leaked hardware specs are true, and the Next Xbox is going to be significantly less powerful than competing consoles? Rumors are just rumors, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with what might very well be a strikingly inferior version of the game.

[quote name='sTaTIx']But what if the rumors and leaked hardware specs are true, and the Next Xbox is going to be significantly less powerful than competing consoles? Rumors are just rumors, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with what might very well be a strikingly inferior version of the game.[/QUOTE]

Well so far I'm not interested in the PS4. My experiences with the xbox has been amazing. No complaints, which is why I'm looking forward to the nextbox.

But if it turns out inferior to the ps4, then ill get the ps4. It'll complement my vita anyway :)

The only thing I care about is that the mp supports 64 players in the next gen consoles.

I mean the 17 minute footage did nothing for me. I want multiplayer with 64 players.

Fair enough. I'm not slighting you for your love for the 'Box, but I'm just commenting about some of the not-so-flattering rumors that have been floating around about the next Xbox. Not the least of which are that it will ban used games, or require Kinect and an internet connection to play any game. But of course, these are just rumors that may or may not come to fruition come the launch of the retail product.

[quote name='sTaTIx']Fair enough. I'm not slighting you for your love for the 'Box, but I'm just commenting about some of the not-so-flattering rumors that have been floating around about the next Xbox. Not the least of which are that it will ban used games, or require Kinect and an internet connection to play any game. But of course, these are just rumors that may or may not come to fruition come the launch of the retail product.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I've never read the rumors, but now you got me thinking lol.

[quote name='usagi']Its announced for PS3/PS4, Xbox 360/720, and PC so far. I hoping for that the deluxe was like BF3 premium, but for BF4 so there is no deal here.[/QUOTE]

It's actually just announced for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC so far. Everyone is assuming it'll be on PS4 & 720, but they haven't actually said that it will yet.

(Please feel free to correct me with a link if I missed some info somewhere)

[quote name='resnic']Right here.

Of course Gargus was banned. I tried to contact a mod or two to ask for the name back and......[/QUOTE]

BAN HIM AGAIN. Quit making multiple accounts stfu and move on if you can't keep one account... :roll:

I'm also doing the pre-order now and move to next generation later thing. Although I wonder how the DLC extras will work although it'll prolly be something silly again like dog tags I won't use.

Kinda silly they not announcing PS4 release just because Xbox hasn't officially announced yet. BF and CoD are going to clean up in console sales this year. CoD will drop 11-12-13, BF usually the week before we will gobble them up and then a few weeks later next generation will come and hello double dippers! I'm going PC/next gen BF4 and double dipping in console CoD.

What makes this thread pointless isn't that it's just MSRP and the tchotchkes are somewhat lame, but that CAGs are looking to sign up NOW for a game not due until October or November when there's eons of time for them to sweeten the pot.

We don't know how they're going to manage Premium for BF4. We know it's coming, but many who got burned by buying the BF3 LE and then buying a non-transferable, redundant copy of Back To Karkand with their Premium are going to be waiting for an announcement of how exactly DLC will be handled.

Then there are the sweeteners, like how they offered a bonus game thru Origin pre-orders (I got Dead Space 2, then a $20 value) and that doesn't even allow for a potential bonuspalooza that could break out as it did with Bioshock Infinite. It's currently tied for the highest score on Metacritic (96), but it was possible to get four games PLUS discounts right up until it shipped, even after the reviews came out. BS:I, BS1, X-Com, and choice of title for only $45?!? If I didn't already have all the games I'd wanted from the perks pile, I would've hopped on it. Who's to say there won't be some goodies forthcoming to entice us to buy what we already plan to? Exactly. Patience...

As for the gameplay, I hope they fixed the dumb changes in MP from BF2142 such as taking out squad VOIP in PC matches and the too-cluttered commo rose that makes snapping off commands a time-wasting experience. I was bored by the pretty, but linear COD-wannabe campaign from BF3 and as slick as it all looks, I must say that I'm not super stoked to play what's in the demo.

[quote name='sTaTIx']But what if the rumors and leaked hardware specs are true, and the Next Xbox is going to be significantly less powerful than competing consoles? Rumors are just rumors, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with what might very well be a strikingly inferior version of the game.

Fair enough. I'm not slighting you for your love for the 'Box, but I'm just commenting about some of the not-so-flattering rumors that have been floating around about the next Xbox. Not the least of which are that it will ban used games, or require Kinect and an internet connection to play any game. But of course, these are just rumors that may or may not come to fruition come the launch of the retail product.[/QUOTE]Are you a Sony employee collecting a check to spread FUD or are you just a fanboy spreading FUD for free? While you're peddling rumors, why not include that the NextBox720LOLWTFBBQ causes cancer, kills kittens, funds terrorism, and will replace all game soundtracks with Justin Bieber or the sound of walruses farting?

Half of the things you mention have be attributed to the PS4 like the no used games patent Sony filed last year. When they announced the PS4, they said that used games would be supported, so only if Microsoft was seeking to blow their dominance would they be the a-holes who didn't allow used games. Always-on Internet connection would also be a non-starter, but they'd definitely make it so you'd WANT to be online. As for Kinnect, the rumors I've heard would be that it would come bundled with, not be a required peripheral. None of the FUD you're spreading passes the common sense smell test. M$ would have to have the dolts responsible for the Kin debacle running Xbox development.

As for the laughable claim that it's "significantly less powerful than competing consoles" - you misuse the plural since there is only ONE competing console for Sony or M$ and it's the other guy's box; Nintendo isn't even in the same sport anymore. You also require us to believe that while Sony has been talking to developers for years to see what they want from the next gen of hardware, M$ has been whipping up their own mess like the Cell processor to make things as miserable as possible for developers. After all they've done to make development for Xbox and PC as similar as possible - not that they've managed to avoid screwing the pooch in the process - it's ludicrous to suggest they'd mimic Sony's failed scheme to be a paper tiger with Cell.

It's almost certain that the next Xbox and PS4 will be very similar to each other. Both will have Blu-ray drives, big internal hard drives, multi-core CPU/GPU and tons of memory to allow for PC-quality visuals in games like Watch Dogs which were shown at E3 last year and were obviously PC/next-gen console titles because nothing out now could possible run it.

Since the hardware will be quite similar, the differentiators will be exclusives and overall presentation. Sony will have InFamous, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Ratchet & Clank, Quantic Dreams and Naughty Dog titles and M$ will have Halo and Gears of War and so forth. M$ is rumored to be dumping their IPTV business to focus on Xbox. They want to be the entertainment hub for everything. What Sony showed at their announcement was heavy social aspects (thus always-online) with sharing and Facebook connectivity, etc. It's really silly to puff and posture over how uber-l337 your Sony is and how lame and cruddy the Xbox will be based on NOTHING because a sober analysis of the facts and passing familiarity with reality disproves most of your contentions.

bread's done
Back