• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

GOOD GOD! DON'T PUT PAPER TOWELS ONTO ANY SCREEN SURFACE! :hot:

Use a high-quality microfiber cloth! And not the crappy cheap-o one that comes with this screen protector. I highly suggest buying one (or a pack of multiple) good quality microfiber cloths.

There is no comparison between the cheapie and the goodie types. That is, if you actually want your screen to be in truly pristine condition. If not, go ahead and use whatever. :cold:

Do I still use windex though?
Posted Image

#62 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Steel wool ... works every time, you just have to put a little force behind it ..

#63 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:58 PM

just grabbed 2. Thanks OP

#64 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

Steel wool ... works every time, you just have to put a little force behind it ..

Steel wool was great on the PSP screen. It made all the scratches disappear.

#65 Deidara

Deidara

Art is an Explosion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:29 AM

Ordered one. Thanks OP!

#66 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:49 AM

Ordered one now hopefully i can apply it correctly.

#67 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

Glad this came back, thanks for the update.

#68 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

grabbed 2. thanks

#69 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

Will probably order a backup just in case, but my first one has been holding up well since December.

#70 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

Damn... I am putting so much money towards my Vita >.<
I'm glad it popped up again :D

#71 11440

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

There were many issues, I'll try to break it down as quickly as I can:

- The speaker area was horrible. They created 'punch outs' for every single speaker grill hole on the front of the Vita's screen, but the inner part (that is supposed to be removed) still remains. Meaning you need to get a needle and poke out every piece of plastic.

But even worse is that it's humanly impossible to align all the speaker holes perfectly (on both sides! at the same time!). And if you don't align it perfectly, it will ruin the audio of your Vita (everything was muffled for me).

I've applied a few of these wet-install skins, and I can't even imagine trying to line up pinhead-sized holes for the speaker grilles. Just thinking about it is increasing my blood pressure.

I'd also be wary of doing a wet installation on a device without a user-removable battery.

Edit: Just so there's no confusion, what I quoted is a review of the Zagg skin, not of the Hori screen protector.

Edited by 11440, 09 April 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#72 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

Amazon 2.99 as well cant post links.

#73 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:25 PM

So I've never had any success with putting on screen protectors on phones, tablets or any other devices and I was actually able to get this one on really well. There a tiny air bubble near my dpad that I cant get out, but thats it, otherwise its pretty prefect.

#74 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:42 PM

Amazon 2.99 as well cant post links.

Here's the Amazon Link:
http://www.amazon.co...placementWidget

#75 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Finally got around to putting the Hori screen protector on my vita.. I bought 2 in case I screwed one up lol.

Turns out they're VERY easy to put on if you watch one of the videos, and I had NO dust or bubbles left over when I was done on my first attempt, looks perfect.

I'm usually horrible at putting these things on.

#76 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

need a clear back for my soul sacrifice, miku and tokiden vita =3

#77 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

And I missed it again.. fml

#78 Jedi_Amara

Jedi_Amara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:17 AM

Anyone who uses the Hori filter also have a separate screen protector for the back touchscreen?

Yes. I know it isn't necessary gameplay-wise as there's no screen to look at and it doesn't break functionality if it gets superficial scratches, but apparently the back touchpad is really easily scratched and I'm picky about my stuff staying nice! I used a super cheap back protector from superufo.com (came with a front screen protector, but I obviously use the Hori for the front) and I don't even notice it's there. Bonus: you don't have to worry too much about getting it perfectly aligned.

There's a cheap 3-pack of front/back screen protectors on Amazon that is apparently very good too, but they were out of stock at the time, so I ordered the one I have at the same time I ordered my memory card :P