Photo
- - - - -

DEAD newegg game discounts RELOADED - SSF4AE $8/Anniv $70, Yakuza Dead Souls $10,more

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#151 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

Damn missed the good stuff like Otodemius, DW7, Heroes of ruin, ect. Still got some stuff though.. err well i did untill i just realized the NEWCUSTOMER code DOES NOT WORK. I guess it literally only works if your a brand new customer. Thats friggin lame

*edit* anyone know how to get the NEWCUSTOMER code to work? I tried making a new account but on the last step it removes it.. probably because the adress is the same?
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#152 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:32 AM

Damn missed the good stuff like Otodemius, DW7, Heroes of ruin, ect. Still got some stuff though.. err well i did untill i just realized the NEWCUSTOMER code DOES NOT WORK. I guess it literally only works if your a brand new customer. Thats friggin lame

*edit* anyone know how to get the NEWCUSTOMER code to work? I tried making a new account but on the last step it removes it.. probably because the adress is the same?

Yeah, I tried it a while back...seems they have solidified their system to keep people from just creating new accounts with a different email/card. It appears email, cardholder, and (I think) even address has to be new for the $10 off to kick in.

On a side note...for $4.99, I'm starting to contemplate getting LOTR: Aragorn's Quest. Aside from the reviews...I've been checking out walkthrough videos, and it actually appears more fun that I thought it would. Has anyone here played it?

#153 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

Missed SSF4AE and DMC. Dang, only two I wanted.

#154 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Yeah, I tried it a while back...seems they have solidified their system to keep people from just creating new accounts with a different email/card. It appears email, cardholder, and (I think) even address has to be new for the $10 off to kick in.

On a side note...for $4.99, I'm starting to contemplate getting LOTR: Aragorn's Quest. Aside from the reviews...I've been checking out walkthrough videos, and it actually appears more fun that I thought it would. Has anyone here played it?

Jesus your not kidding. I tried using my sisters adress and its STILL not working.

So i need a new card too? I think ive used all my cards with my real account before. Isn't there any way of doing this at all without finding a new card? Anyone know? Im gonna try deleting a card from my main account but i dont think it will work
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#155 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Did DMC HD get restocked at ALL today? It was available for not even an hour at 9 am in the morning. Sucks even worse for the west coasters.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#156 Outrun9

Outrun9

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Missed SSF4AE and DMC. Dang, only two I wanted.

me too I also only wanted those 2. DAMN!

Nintendo_staff.gif          10Player_zps0028ed08.gif?t=1406797248

#157 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

Jesus your not kidding. I tried using my sisters adress and its STILL not working.

So i need a new card too? I think ive used all my cards with my real account before. Isn't there any way of doing this at all without finding a new card?

Don't think so. If any of your current accounts have use any of your current cards, regardless if you keep the card info saved to your account, it will track it and void the $10 off. I didn't expect it to last forever. This was bound to happen sooner or later as they couldn't keep losing $10 off each sale due to people making new accounts with each order.

I've never used a $10 off new customer account, hence I tried. Oh well...their great deals from time to time make up for it. Like today. :D

#158 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Crap, I just bought Supreme Commander 2 from NewEgg like a couple weeks ago for $8.99 and its still unopened.
I guess there is nothing I can do because it just went out of stock tonight.This afternoon when it was in stock still I saw it but was at work and didn't have time to reorder it then.

#159 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:04 AM

Don't think so. If any of your current accounts have use any of your current cards, regardless if you keep the card info saved to your account, it will track it and void the $10 off. I didn't expect it to last forever. This was bound to happen sooner or later as they couldn't keep losing $10 off each sale due to people making new accounts with each order.

I've never used a $10 off new customer account, hence I tried. Oh well...their great deals from time to time make up for it. Like today. :D

true, but i always find 'new customer' promo's lame and insulting to those who have been loyal customers for years

I THINK i got it working. I deleted the old amex card from my main account then entered it on the new account. The only thing i changed is i put the billing address as my sisters address instead of mine. I dont know if that will cause any problems or not. So i used my sisters name, address, and my card with her billing adress put in and it seemed to go through with the promo.

Finished the order a few mins ago and still dont have a confirmation number so we'll see. Does using an incorrect billing address for a credit card cause any kinda hold ups or problem?

Got

Dungeon Siege III Playstation3 Game SQUARE ENIX
Army Corps of Hell PS Vita Games SQUARE ENIX
Dungeon Siege 3 Xbox 360 Game SQUARE ENIX
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest Playstation3 Game Warner Bros. Studios
Cooking Mama 2 Pack Wii Game MAJESCO
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol Nintendo DS Game Nintendo
Elite Beat Agents game Nintendo

all for about $50. Not bad.

Worth mentioning Chibi robo's $10. Its a sequal to a really fun gamecube game
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190074
\-Clicky Here-\

#160 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hey does the NEWCUSTOMER code have to be used on your first order?
I just joined the NewEgg site for the first time 3 weeks ago and I made only one order for like $25.
Thanks

#161 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

Grabbed Deus Ex, despite my backlog. I can't see it getting terribly cheaper than $8.99 in the next couple years. Not really into Hong Kong movies or cop games, so I'll wait on Sleeping Dogs until I clear some backlog or it hits sub-$10. Considered DS III, but I don't want to buy a second controller for one game and the rare occasion I'd have someone to play with. Considered Otomedius just for the retro game play and art, but the embarrassment of people seeing it and it getting fairly bad reviews as a shmup ruled it out. Considered Catherine, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy a puzzle game whenever I got around to playing.

I know it's been cheap for a while, but Deus Ex is by far the best value of all the games on sale. Yes, better than Arkham Asylum IMO. It's just a phenomenal game and a steal at that price.

#162 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

true, but i always find 'new customer' promo's lame and insulting to those who have been loyal customers for years

I THINK i got it working. I deleted the old amex card from my main account then entered it on the new account. The only thing i changed is i put the billing address as my sisters address instead of mine. I dont know if that will cause any problems or not. So i used my sisters name, address, and my card with her billing adress put in and it seemed to go through with the promo.

Finished the order a few mins ago and still dont have a confirmation number so we'll see. Does using an incorrect billing address for a credit card cause any kinda hold ups or problem?

Got

Dungeon Siege III Playstation3 Game SQUARE ENIX
Army Corps of Hell PS Vita Games SQUARE ENIX
Dungeon Siege 3 Xbox 360 Game SQUARE ENIX
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest Playstation3 Game Warner Bros. Studios
Cooking Mama 2 Pack Wii Game MAJESCO
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol Nintendo DS Game Nintendo
Elite Beat Agents game Nintendo

all for about $50. Not bad.

Worth mentioning Chibi robo's $10. Its a sequal to a really fun gamecube game
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190074

Unless I'm mistaken, the billing address could be an issue. Let me know what occurs.

Hey does the NEWCUSTOMER code have to be used on your first order?
I just joined the NewEgg site for the first time 3 weeks ago and I made only one order for like $25.
Thanks

Not sure...but I don't think it needs to be your first order. What they do have is a period of time you have to place an order using the promo code. After a certain time, the ability to use the promo code for $10 off on your account expires.

#163 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Catherine, Far Cry 3, & Dungeon Siege 3 for less than $40. :applause:

#164 musicman65000

musicman65000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Just an FYI. SSF IV AE for the 360, is back in stock. Just ordered one! Thx, OP! :bouncy:
The "change" that I believe in is the coin saved at CAG!8-)

#165 psihog

psihog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Just an FYI. SSF IV AE for the 360, is back in stock. Just ordered one! Thx, OP! :bouncy:

few $ cheaper on Amazon now. $63.95 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085O6XHC/
EDIT:Sorry, wrong game. SF:AE, not SSF4AE :)

#166 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

*sigh* Check CAG for weeks and nothing for me. Decide to grind on the job and do a 90 hour work-week and I miss STREET FIGHTER 25TH FOR PS3 bah.

I wish I could just find the blu rays and complete soundtrack together, that's all I want--I don't care about the games.
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#167 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I just talked to NewEgg customer service and the NEWCUSTOMER promo code does have to be your first order.
Like an idiot I made an account a couple weeks ago and bought Supreme Commander 2 for $8.99 and now I can't use the the promo.
I blew the best reason to join and make an order with NewEgg.

#168 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

I know it's been cheap for a while, but Deus Ex is by far the best value of all the games on sale. Yes, better than Arkham Asylum IMO. It's just a phenomenal game and a steal at that price.

I got during the kmart clearance for $10. I still havent got to it due to backlog.
Is it really better then batman AA?

I remember playing deus ex back in the day. Is this much better?

#169 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother checking Newegg anymore. Anytime they have a half decent sale on anything, they sale out within a matter of hours (if not minutes) and just don't happen to restock until the second the sale is over.

And on the rare occasions when I do get in on a sale I want, the big ticket item that I purchased (whether it be SSF, Uncharted, Catherine, AA, ACIII, or something else altogether) gets "backordered" then "cancelled" without fail every time, leaving me with a bunch of crap I just end up cancelling otherwise (Spirit Camera ect).

These are hardly worth posting anymore. I would love to get Binary Domain/Aragon's Quest/Resident Evil ORC/Sorcery, but I'm not gonna keep the order for the crap when the games I really want get cancelled. I don't see the point in sales when everything runs out so fast, and Newegg is the only site I have this problem with.

/rant, just annoyed that I wasted my time placing an order for half of it to be cancelled. At least I was able to cancel the rest of it without TOO much hassle, that's more than Origin can say.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#170 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Doesn't Target have the Yakuza Dead Souls / Binary Domain bundle for like $15 or $20?

It's still sittin pretty at 29.99 at all bajillion of my local Targets. I have no doubt that it'll one day clearance, but buying them separately here would've been pretty slick if you were looking for both. Otherwise Binary Domain by itself for $7 was a hell of a deal - picked it up again because Big Bo.

For anyone still wondering, as a rule _if_ Newegg restocks 90% of the time they restock at a higher price than the sale price. So don't get your hopes too high.

#171 Kaneco

Kaneco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Apparently Catherine will never be restocked again...doesn't show up when you use the search bar & if you manage to go to the page thanks to your browser's history, it reads as 'Discontinued'. :/

#172 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well, all the deals are gone after I wake up this morning. Not even going to bother price matching bb now lol. Oh well.

Will be seeing these games eventually during Kmart clearance.

Edited by StryderOmega, 28 March 2013 - 02:04 PM.

xivpads.png

#173 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

You tell me where to be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother checking Newegg anymore. Anytime they have a half decent sale on anything, they sale out within a matter of hours (if not minutes) and just don't happen to restock until the second the sale is over.

And on the rare occasions when I do get in on a sale I want, the big ticket item that I purchased (whether it be SSF, Uncharted, Catherine, AA, ACIII, or something else altogether) gets "backordered" then "cancelled" without fail every time, leaving me with a bunch of crap I just end up cancelling otherwise (Spirit Camera ect).

These are hardly worth posting anymore. I would love to get Binary Domain/Aragon's Quest/Resident Evil ORC/Sorcery, but I'm not gonna keep the order for the crap when the games I really want get cancelled. I don't see the point in sales when everything runs out so fast, and Newegg is the only site I have this problem with.

Right there with you... I glanced at the OP this morning and was like, whoa, Deus Ex for $9, Catherine for $10... Oh, wait, those prices were only active for the first 50 people who got in on the deal in the first 3 minutes it was posted. Super frustrating.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#174 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

I nearly forgot, Best Buy does pricematch Newegg now doesn't it?

Do they pricematch even if the item is out of stock? I don't want to waste a drive going down there for a YMMV situation, but if I'm in the area I'll certainly try.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#175 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

I nearly forgot, Best Buy does pricematch Newegg now doesn't it?

Do they pricematch even if the item is out of stock? I don't want to waste a drive going down there for a YMMV situation, but if I'm in the area I'll certainly try.

Yeah it is ymmv for price matching out of stock items.

I am not going to even try because the 360 version of dungeon Seige 3 doesn't even show the price anymore, just says discontinued.

xivpads.png

#176 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Bought SSFIVAE for PS3 then realized Xbox was only 2$ more and I have another controller...

So now I have 2 copies being shipped -.-

Should I cancel my PS3 version or do ya'll think it will sell easily on Ebay

#177 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Bought SSFIVAE for PS3 then realized Xbox was only 2$ more and I have another controller...

So now I have 2 copies being shipped -.-

Should I cancel my PS3 version or do ya'll think it will sell easily on Ebay

I'm sure you won't have a problem at all on ebay. I'm sure you won't even have a problem finding a buyer right here on CAG.

On a side note...still eyeballing LOTR: Aragorn's Quest. That and Far Cry 3.

#178 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

Dead Souls worth $10?

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#179 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Dead Souls worth $10?

I would say so, I've been passing on it, I'll buy it for $10.

#180 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

If you want a dramatic story revolving around zombies, yeah. It's like a soap opera. The gameplay is unfortunately lacking, like Dynasty Warriors with guns.