Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy - Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3) $20 YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

bioshock comes free with bioshock infinite?

i got stuck on those bioshock puzzles and could never pass them, i will buy it and give it another shot

Which puzzle?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#32 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:35 AM

Play this game first
http://www.gog.com/g.../system_shock_2

Nothing will ever top System Shock 2. At least in the "shock" series.

Bioshock was very good, but is without a doubt the most overrated game of this entire generation. I always thought the hate for Bioshock 2 was just as ridiculous as the love for the original.

Infinite is more of the same, unfortunately. A very average gaming experience with a wonderfully imaginative story. Definitely worth playing. Via rental if possible.

#33 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

bioshock comes free with bioshock infinite?

i got stuck on those bioshock puzzles and could never pass them, i will buy it and give it another shot

Only if you buy a launch copy from certain retailers. It was offered as a pre-order bonus at some stores, but I bet you could still find one of the launch copies easily! The best place to check would be Wal-mart because they usually have a decent amount if their special launch copies with pre-order bonuses left over.

#34 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Only if you buy a launch copy from certain retailers. It was offered as a pre-order bonus at some stores, but I bet you could still find one of the launch copies easily! The best place to check would be Wal-mart because they usually have a decent amount if their special launch copies with pre-order bonuses left over.

Wrong. Every PS3 copy of Bioshock Infinite has a copy of Bioshock on the disc.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#35 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Nothing will ever top System Shock 2. At least in the "shock" series.

Bioshock was very good, but is without a doubt the most overrated game of this entire generation. I always thought the hate for Bioshock 2 was just as ridiculous as the love for the original.

Infinite is more of the same, unfortunately. A very average gaming experience with a wonderfully imaginative story. Definitely worth playing. Via rental if possible.

Wrong, most overrated game of the entire generation goes to any Call of Duty game.

Bioshock is in no way overrated.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#36 TartacustheGr8

TartacustheGr8

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

I have 0 intrest in infinite for a pretty ridiculous reason (other than price). But since I havn't played either of these games so I'm tempted. This is my reason for not wanting to play infinite:
Look at those boobies grabbed your attention huh? So big and cleavagy with that dress thing.

Now she is belle from the beauty and the beast. She looks like a character from the PS2's Kingdom hearts. She looks like a disney princess with a big bobble head and huge eyes.

FYI she looks both ways in the game (in reference to her outfits). No spoilers, but her attire does change. Yes, she looks slightly more cartoonish in the game as opposed to the trailer but she is quite possibly the best AI i've ever played with. Great game so far, Just play it

#37 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Wrong, most overrated game of the entire generation goes to any Call of Duty game.

Bioshock is in no way overrated.

Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's overrated.

Bioshock is often heralded as the savior of gaming, when it's really just an average shooter with a nice story.

#38 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

Never tried the BioShock games, is it worth checking it out?

Do yourself a favor and buy the game.:hot::hot:

====

No love for XBOX

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.

#39 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:41 AM

Which puzzle?

I think he's talking about the pipe hacking.

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.

#40 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

So if you buy Bioshock Infinite for the PS3 you get Bioshock 1? I might as well just do that since I already have Bioshock 2 downloaded on my PS3. But will the Bioshock Infinite always have Bioshock 1 with it? Or will it be like limited amounts like AC:Revelations?

#41 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

Just because something is popular, doesn't mean it's overrated.

Bioshock is often heralded as the savior of gaming, when it's really just an average shooter with a nice story.

Call of Duty is overrated.

Bioshock is a very fantastic game but it's shooting mechanics were average, they weren't anything special. Although, I wouldn't say the same about Bioshock Infinite. It's a very good shooter with some amazing gunplay. Any diehard fps fans that get this game should really play it on hard, it's a very good fps game with an amazing story and setting. I played it on a Xbox 360 controller with the "Marksman" controller scheme (Call of Duty controls) and it's great fun.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#42 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

I just don't see where Call of Duty can be considered overrated. It's one of those things that makes a lot of money, but everyone knows it's just not very good. Like Twilight.

The shooter gameplay for Infinite feel almost identical to the last two games, so I'm not sure how you think they're any different, let alone better. Unless you're talking about the rail/tear aspect to the game. Which is very cool, but you don't see enough of the former, and the latter is just a fancy way of spawning items and cover.

I agree the story is really interesting and cool. It's got a few holes in its reasoning, but it doesn't keep it from being one of the more original stories in quite some time. Game or not.

#43 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

I just don't see where Call of Duty can be considered overrated. It's one of those things that makes a lot of money, but everyone knows it's just not very good. Like Twilight.

Everyone who knows their games knows it's average at best. It's overrated because the mass populace who plays them hail them as the greatest shooters to grace us. Same with the majority of people who love Twilight and the like. Yeah it's not awful, but the majority think it's way better than it actually is. I mean, CoD gets 90/100s+ on review sites, it's definitely not that good.

#44 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

It's cool that you admit the reason you are skipping the game for now is ridiculous but I hope you pick it up when it's cheaper sometime. I just beat the game today and it's as good as all the reviews are saying (especially on PC). Easily in my top 5

Thanks for your post. I will buy it when it is cheaper, after I buy and beat 1&2. I understand the character a lot more, I just loved the look of that trailer, the realism of characters against the unrealistic setting.

#45 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

Call of Duty is overrated.

Bioshock is a very fantastic game but it's shooting mechanics were average, they weren't anything special. Although, I wouldn't say the same about Bioshock Infinite. It's a very good shooter with some amazing gunplay. Any diehard fps fans that get this game should really play it on hard, it's a very good fps game with an amazing story and setting. I played it on a Xbox 360 controller with the "Marksman" controller scheme (Call of Duty controls) and it's great fun.

Agreed. This game just gets the ratings and hype it deserves. Because its good. Easily in my top 5 this generation. The Bioshock series as a whole. Waited on this game for ages!

512847.png