NeoGeo X Gold Limited Edition - $129.99 at Amazon.com

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition - $129.99

• Limited Edition - Includes the Neogeo X Ninja Master's game card.
  • Play anywhere - At home or on the go.
  • 20 pre-loaded classic Neogeo games.
  • Home arcade experience with the Neogeo X Station when the Neogeo X Handheld is docked inside and the Neogeo X Arcade Stick is plugged in. Outputs to TV via HDMI or A/V out.
  • Contents include: Neogeo X Station, Neogeo X Handheld, One Neogeo X Arcade Stick, and Ninja Master's Neogeo X game card

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093G9VOI/ref

Dropped to $150 just a week ago, and looks like it's continuing to drop.

Now I'm actually psyched as it climbs closer to my buying price. :3

I just got mine today in the mail from Best Buy. I had some RZ credit and picked it up, but I'm pretty upset with the quality of the controller and dock...haven't gotten to the system itself yet cause it's gotta charge. Will Best Buy price match Amazon's site if I decide to keep it?

Nevermind...Best Buy's site now says $129

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crygor64']Still too expensive. The hardware is very cheap.

$50 or bust. Not worth a penny more.[/QUOTE]

same when it first came out i said.. i pay 100 for it... how fast its dropping and lack of support i say no more then 50

seems more games coming end of april 3 games for 25 bucks..... still way too high

OH i found this press release from feb 2013

Tommo Announces NEOGEO X Classics for the NEOGEO X™
15 New Games, System Update, Game Case and More Coming This Spring

Los Angeles, CA - February 21, 2013 - Tommo Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today announced, after a successful launch of the NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition, their plans to release 15 new titles for the NEOGEO X. Starting in April, Tommo will release NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I, the first in a series of NEOGEO X Classics Games Cards made exclusively for use with the NEOGEO X Handheld entertainment system.

NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I will blasts onto North American retail shelves in late April 2013, and will dazzle action fans with shoot 'em up classics METAL SLUG, SENGOKU, and TOP HUNTER, all on one NEOGEO X Game Card!

Full listing of titles for NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I-V:
ART OF FIGHTING 3
BLAZING STAR
BREAKERS REVENGE
FATAL FURY: MARK OF THE WOLVES
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '96
THE LAST BLADE 2
METAL SLUG 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN 3
SAVAGE REIGN
SENGOKU
SHOCK TROOPERS
SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - THE NEXT GLORY
TOP HUNTER
WORLD HEROES JET
In addition to these amazing classic NEOGEO AES games, Tommo will be including the "ROCKET" High-speed Data Transfer and Charging Travel Cable, at no additional cost, with each copy of NEOGEO X Classics: Volumes I-V.

As part of Tommo's continued support and development of the NEOGEO X and having, most importantly, listened to customer feedback, Tommo will also be including NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 with NEOGEO X Classics: Volume I. More details on the NEOGEO X System Update 1.0 will be released in the weeks to come. And because the fans asked for it, a NEOGEO X Travel Case is also in development, and is scheduled for release in April 2013.

Amazon.com has each classic listed at 24.99 and april 25th release date

[quote name='slidecage']same when it first came out i said.. i pay 100 for it... how fast its dropping and lack of support i say no more then 50

seems more games coming end of april 3 games for 25 bucks..... still way too high[/QUOTE]

yep $50 sound about right.

Wow...I just got done messing with the handheld (which charged for an hour and a half and it's only at 20%)...and I won't spend more than $50 on this thing. I gotta return it tomorrow lol. I really like the feel of the system and the classic clicky stick, but the screen is a joke and the games look so...washed out. I looked at it next to my PSP Go running the NeoGeo emulator and it blows this X Gold away. The price may be dropping guys, but it's still too high.

Got mine when it first released at $200 and I feel I got my money's worth out of it. I play it about every other day and I feel the system is decently built minus the screen fade. Not too happy about the price drop it has been going through but hey, that is the risk you take when purchasing a new system and at least there will be more owners out there due to the price drop.

$100 or less is my "I seriously think about it" price range. Too many poor design choices with this device, especially the complete lack of save states, even for high scores.

I almost bit on the pre order of these, and I'm so glad I waited. It's a shame really... I grew up during this time period and I loved every minute of it. I doubt I'll ever grab it

Based on CAG's reaction, it doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves even at $130. I really want this, but I think I'll take the risk and see if it'll go to $100.

[quote name='BigBizzee']I almost bit on the pre order of these, and I'm so glad I waited. It's a shame really... I grew up during this time period and I loved every minute of it. I doubt I'll ever grab it[/QUOTE]

Same boat. When I was a kid all I wanted was a Neo Geo. Then to my surprise my girlfriend actually bought me this for Christmas. Single best thing any chick has ever bought me and I felt horrible making her return it. I just knew it was going to be $100 in less than a year...if it even still existed.

One of my few gaming purchase disappointments. I bought at launch because it was "limited" and I love Neo Geo, but the quality of the "emulation" and the system itself isnt $200 worthy. I dont know if I would buy at this price if I did not already have it. Might sell it on ebay for whatever price it gets to get some money back.

As cool as it is, as already said...it's basically just a fancy emulator. The hardware required to power this is very old and very weak so mostly you're just paying for the licensing of the games, the dock and controller.

Plus the fact that it's also a portable is cool and all, but in reality I'm a little confused as to why they didn't just release a docked version as well. Would have been a lot cheaper I mean the screen is probably pretty much the whole cost of the unit.

Does anyone know if this console and games are region free?

More specifically if I buy a game from Japan can I play it on this one?

[quote name='DrNice']Does anyone know if this console and games are region free?

More specifically if I buy a game from Japan can I play it on this one?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't play real Neo Geo cartridges. It's an emulator with a small selection of games on an internal card and they are going to be selling more SD cards for $25 for three games starting in late April allegedly. As such, there is no "region" as there are no Japanese cards as of yet.

bread's done
Back