NeoGeo X Gold Limited Edition - $129.99 at Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Tadale

Tadale

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Based on CAG's reaction, it doesn't seem to be flying off the shelves even at $130. I really want this, but I think I'll take the risk and see if it'll go to $100.

#32 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

I almost bit on the pre order of these, and I'm so glad I waited. It's a shame really... I grew up during this time period and I loved every minute of it. I doubt I'll ever grab it

Same boat. When I was a kid all I wanted was a Neo Geo. Then to my surprise my girlfriend actually bought me this for Christmas. Single best thing any chick has ever bought me and I felt horrible making her return it. I just knew it was going to be $100 in less than a year...if it even still existed.

#33 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

One of my few gaming purchase disappointments. I bought at launch because it was "limited" and I love Neo Geo, but the quality of the "emulation" and the system itself isnt $200 worthy. I dont know if I would buy at this price if I did not already have it. Might sell it on ebay for whatever price it gets to get some money back.

#34 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

this is still a ripoff even at $99, the Retron 5 offers alot more at that price

#35 Vlaphor

Vlaphor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Before you purchase this, I would recommend watching the Ashens review of it.

#36 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

As cool as it is, as already said...it's basically just a fancy emulator. The hardware required to power this is very old and very weak so mostly you're just paying for the licensing of the games, the dock and controller.

Plus the fact that it's also a portable is cool and all, but in reality I'm a little confused as to why they didn't just release a docked version as well. Would have been a lot cheaper I mean the screen is probably pretty much the whole cost of the unit.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#37 Serious McMopy

Serious McMopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Not interested, but it's good to see it has HDMI. Most of these retro/clone/knockoff consoles only have composite.

#38 DrNice

DrNice

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Does anyone know if this console and games are region free?

More specifically if I buy a game from Japan can I play it on this one?

#39 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

Does anyone know if this console and games are region free?

More specifically if I buy a game from Japan can I play it on this one?

It doesn't play real Neo Geo cartridges. It's an emulator with a small selection of games on an internal card and they are going to be selling more SD cards for $25 for three games starting in late April allegedly. As such, there is no "region" as there are no Japanese cards as of yet.

#40 DrNice

DrNice

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Thanks