CAGcast #318: Gary Coleman

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#31 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Shipwreck!!!

#32 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Congrats to the Shipwrecks! Contrary to popular belief, you will have time to game. Babies sleep a lot. Your value and management of that time will definitely change. Sleep will be your new past time for a while haha.

Totally, forget playing anything meaningful for the first month but after that, you should be in the swing of things.

Congrats, it's a hell of a ride.

p.s. Ignore Wombat's advice.

#33 Ghetto Sithlord

Ghetto Sithlord

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Cheapy sounded high.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

I feel bad for how much Borderlands 2 this child will have to play.

Having to hear Cheapy sigh, groan and cough through Wombat's description of the Skyrim DLC, with Wombat almost screaming, "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT LEVEL YOU WERE AT" was the clear highlight of this show.

#35 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Congrats to the Shipwrecks!! You guys are going to be awesome parents. :D

#36 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I'll have to check out that Organ Trail. BTW Congrats Shipwreck, can we still expect you to make it to PAX Prime these next few years?

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#37 meager

meager

mooseknuckle?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Not to defend Walking Dead: Survival Instincts (because I'm not sure that's possible), but you have a second or so after stabbing a zombie in the head to shove the crowd back before the next one magically grabs you. Just saying.

I've played a couple hours of the new Army of Two, and it's actually a lot of fun. A pure arcadey shooter, with points popping up all over the place. I haven't noticed any story to speak of yet, but maybe that's coming later on.

Oh, and I do also play good games on occasion, when I have the time.

As far as the PS4 is concerned, I wish Sony would just announce the only two things I give a damn about: When and How Much.

And congratulations Shipwrecks! Has this yet factored into renewing the girl's basketball coaching contract? Also, congratulations to Wombat, for his impending rise out of last place in Gametime among CAGcast Hosts.

Also...
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29857

#38 Incsony

Incsony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

!!Good luck and congrats Shipwreck!!

I lmao at the "game shower". Hehehe

Edited by Incsony, 29 March 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#39 Argive

Argive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

lol, Wombat goes on and on about how he has no time... but then you find out he's still playing skyrim! That's part of your problem right there, wombat. Not the kids!
Posted Image

#40 Kuromimi

Kuromimi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

Awesome show guys! Congrats Mr. and Mrs. Shipwreck!

#41 cereal_killerxx

cereal_killerxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Congrats to the Shipwrecks! Perhaps maybe we'll get a special edition of CAG Foreplay...?

#42 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Congrats to the Shipwrecks! Perhaps maybe we'll get a special edition of CAG Foreplay...?

I think a special edition of CAG foreplay is why they are having a kid in the first place...

Zing-o!

#43 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Wow Shipwreck jnr!! Great news congrats to both of you.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#44 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

I haven't even listened yet, but congrats Shipwreck! Game time won't suffer that much until the kid gets a little older (several months at the least).

#45 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Congrats Shipwreck!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#46 ceck3969

ceck3969

Kung Fu is Strong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

Congrats Shipwreck!
So I guess you do have time for other things with your wife besides Borderlands 2.
Since Gary Coleman is out then Polly for a girl and Hector for a boy? Good luck and just do the opposite of Cheapy when it comes to parenting and you'll do fine.

#47 donkeydrop

donkeydrop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

No comments on Cheapy's love for Les Mis? Anne Hathaway fully deserving of the Oscar. Wolverine very good except for "Bring him home" ; for some reason he tries to sing the high notes straight instead of falsetto and sounds terrible, plus it's supposed to be a prayer but the director shoots him wandering around like he's in Singing in the Rain. Agree about Russell Crowe's voice, but wait for his last scene.

#48 JSD

JSD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

Congrats to the Shipwreck family! Also glad Bane made another guest appearance, that guy is surprisingly funny for a psychopath.

Looking forward to more Bioshock chatter. :)

#49 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Good show, and all of that. Grats to Shipwreck. I thought it was pretty funny how Wombat kept going back to the subject of your child.

Isn't the guy's name Chiang Kai-shek? Pronounced "Chee-ang Ky shek"? That's the way I learned it. I don't think the "Shanghai Shek" pronunciation is right, but then again, I've never been to any Asian countries, so maybe Cheapy has some insider knowledge.

Since you guys seemed unaware (but maybe you were just joking?)... benchmarks show you your rig's performance on the test. It's not going to tell you outright whether you "passed" or "failed" - it just displays your capabilities. It's up to you to decide whether or not to lower/raise your settings.

And no, Cheapy, you can't transfer your Xbox Skyrim character to PC. I would highly recommend making the switch over to PC, since there are really amazing mods. But I imagine that you'd have no interest in the modding scene.

Oh, and one last thing - someone (sorry, can't remember) said that Wombat will not be able to avoid Bioshock Infinite spoilers for long - I don't think that's true. I was able to avoid ME3 spoilers for just about a whole year, and we all know how heated that topic was. There's also plenty of other games that I still have yet to play, but have not been spoiled for me yet. It's not an impossible feat.

Edited by Jasper Kazai, 29 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#50 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Congrats Shipwreck!! Never do what Cheapy did.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#51 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

I can imagine Shipwreck dressing his kid in overalls just so he can carry it around by the straps. Portable child for a man with much gaming and Wal-mart trips to do! lol. Congrats though!

11317.png

#52 skubish

skubish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

Congrats Shipwreck! But who will play games for the podcast now?
Posted Image

Posted Image

3DS Friend Code: 2406 5141 9292

#53 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Congrats Ship! Depending on how your child is, your gaming may or may not suffer. Mine has a 6th sense when im playing and,always wakes up an hour into my gaming sessions and loves attention. But his cousin is laid back and you can put her in a playpen or bouncy and she is content. All depends on the child.

Hope you enjoy handhelds though, because I gained a whole new appreciation for them after my boy was born.

#54 LimpDaddy

LimpDaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Congrats to the Shippies

#55 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Good show, and congrats Ship.

#56 ONESTARv2

ONESTARv2

Dreamcast Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Congrats shipwreck, was really surprised to hear this.

Regarding Cheapy's child abandonment situation, I can side with him a little bit. Personally I don't think a child his age should be left alone without notice, as psychologically this can do damage that can manifest itself in countless ways. BUT social norms in Japan are different than the western world. Child abandonment laws are not the same as they are in America. Children their age are left home alone all the time here and it is not a big deal. I am a English teacher in Japan, and even my first graders walk to school by themselves every day. The busy streets they cross by themselves would terrify any Americans, but children are raised differently in this country. Should Cheapy have left without saying anything to his son IMHO, no. But in his defense, they are raising a child of Japan in Japan.
*The Cadillac of signatures*

#57 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Glad cheapy noticed the Sony HoC promotion. I have to say it was one of the worst product placements when they had Kevin Spacey talk about wanting to buy a 2nd Vita so he could have one to play in his car.

I guess the series was shot back when the Vita could only be inside a single place or else it wouldn't work anymore.

538822.png

#58 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

oh wow Congrats Shipwreck!!! BABEH BABEH BAABBBEEHHHH. I have to say it's trippy. I've been listening since Cagcast #1 and beyond just all the video game talk, hearing about you guys and your lives, Cheapy to Japan, Wombat through milk sniffing and Shipwreck having a mansion, plus all the babies you guys have had now, so crazy. It's more than just a podcast about video games. love it. Wish you all the best :D

edit: FOR THE LOVE OF HUBERT CHRIST, Wombat play Bioshock Infinite so you guys can do a round table discussion!!!!!!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#59 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

I was put off by Cheapy's negativity towards the 3DS when Wombat said he was enjoying his XL. If Cheapy doesn't like it, that's fine, but does he need to bring that up whenever it's discussed? I'd like to hear if Cheapy even played any recent titles for the thing before he dismisses it entirely.

#60 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

And no, Cheapy, you can't transfer your Xbox Skyrim character to PC. I would highly recommend making the switch over to PC, since there are really amazing mods. But I imagine that you'd have no interest in the modding scene.

I believe modio still works to transfer saves as long as you don't have the dragon born DLC.

Congrats to shipwreck.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.