Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#3241 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

glad i did not join PSN yet... they take disgea 3 off the list and just replace it with fighters.. they should replaced it with some sort of psp rpg or something.

Zombie Tycoon 2 is not a fighter.

--------------------------------------------

Fuse Demo May 7.

http://blog.us.plays...ay-new-trailer/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#3242 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

hey now i never took my vita online before and was clicking crap i should not been clicking.. it seems harder then it is but once you get the hang of it its very easy

I was referring to the part where you were talking about having to hook up your router to get your Vita online, as it seemed like there was work to do for you to get on the Vita's PS Store compared to just using the web store.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#3243 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

nice, I haven't played sleeping dogs yet. Finally a big game that I don't already have

#3244 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Its sad that none of the PSAS DLC is on sale. I would of bought the 2 additional levels if they were half off or more.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#3245 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

I don't have any of the IGC games scheduled for May, so I'm stoked about the upcoming games for next month.

#3246 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yeah for the PS Plus releases!

#3247 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

Kind of annoyed that I bought Knytt Underground when it was on sale last. I don't remember exactly when that was, but it definitely doesn't feel like it has been long enough for it to be given away for free.

On the other hand, I traded in my disc copy of Sleeping Dogs literally a few days ago with intentions of finishing it later when it gets cheap enough. So that works out well for me. Anyone know how big of a download that is? I just looked on the online store and it says 27.5MB. I know thats not right...

Edit: By the way, anyone who hasn't played Sleeping Dogs is in for a treat. I initially dismissed it after playing the demo, but saw a lot of praise in the time since it was released. It really is a fun game. The combat system doesn't get old, which makes the side missions really fun to do. Great addition to the Plus library.

Saves from retail games aren't always compatible with digital copies, so you may have to start from scratch. There is a thread on this site that states which games are compatible.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336757. The entry for Sleeping Dogs is blank. Hopefully you will remember to contribute to the thread when the game is free next week.

#3248 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Saves from retail games aren't always compatible with digital copies, so you may have to start from scratch. There is a thread on this site that states which games are compatible.

Edit: Here it is: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336757. The entry for Sleeping Dogs is blank. Hopefully you will remember to contribute to the thread when the game is free next week.

Oh yeah, forgot that is sometimes the case. Some googling has told me that the saves are compatible in Europe, so I am assuming it will be the case here as well.

http://www.officialp...or-subscribers/

See responses to the second post.

Also a post about it here:
http://community.eu....e/td-p/18154466

Again, this is in Europe.

#3249 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Oh man, just dropped about $45 on the sale. I bought:

R&C: Full Frontal Assault: $9.79
Sly Cooper: Thieves In Time: $19.59
MGS: Portable Ops: $4.89
Metal Gear Solid: $4.89
Twisted Metal: Black $4.89

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3250 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

wasn't Knytt free once?

i have it in my list...don't tell me i impulse bought it at some point

#3251 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

You impulse bought it for $7 or $9, I forget which.

#3252 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

hmm, maybe it seemed like a good idea at the time. heh

#3253 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Perhaps you needed to buy something to get over the top for a $50 increment to get $10 back.

Guardian_owl.png

#3254 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Anyone know how often the DJ Max games go on sale? I'm itching for a rhythm game.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3255 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Perhaps you needed to buy something to get over the top for a $50 increment to get $10 back.

that could be it. i, uh, took heavy advantage of the promo, but the last $50 was a bit rough.

#3256 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

As for the Plus update, I'm glad for Sleeping Dogs. I'll download BlazBlue cause why not? I would be a little disappointed by Knytt if I hadn't already 100%ed it, what a great game. I think I bought Pinball Arcade already, but overall, pretty good month.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3257 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Anyone know how often the DJ Max games go on sale? I'm itching for a rhythm game.

Fever isn't on PSN, it seems. As for Portable 3, it seems it's been on sale twice for 1/2 off (once in Oct. 2011 & again in July 2012). I wish I could've gotten more interest in Portable 3, but after hearing that your save data wouldn't transfer from physical to digital (which is worse by the fact leveling up & unlocking content can be VERY grindy) made me not care that I'd have to sell my physical copy towards my Vita.

As for Technika, I'm pretty sure it hasn't been on sale yet.

Edited by Zonic505, 03 May 2013 - 09:18 PM.
Did some research for clarification

Posted ImagePosted Image

#3258 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:36 PM

I just bought Sly 4 on Amazon. It's $39.99, but when I checked out it gave me $10.01 off as a "Promotion". I also had a $20 Promo credit from the trade $20 thing they did last week. Effectively ended up being $9.99 out of pocket, so not bad. Plus it trades back for $19.

On topic, I snagged R&C:FFA, but I'm still torn on Peace Walker HD.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#3259 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Is there a website that shows all the sizes of PSN downloadable games for Vita?

I'm considering one, but for Vita only, PS+ and digital downloadable in general are a ripoff due to the ridiculously expensive prices of Vita memory. I found a 4GB card really cheap, but I have a feeling that will hold basically nothing in the way of digital downloads.

A 64GB card retails for $99 (plus tax), so about $105 total here. Which means for every GB you use, that's basically adding $1.64 to the price of whatever you buy.

Maybe a goofy metric, I dunno, but it's such a ripoff that memory is that expensive.

#3260 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm considering one, but for Vita only, PS+ and digital downloadable in general are a ripoff due to the ridiculously expensive prices of Vita memory. I found a 4GB card really cheap, but I have a feeling that will hold basically nothing in the way of digital downloads.

A 64GB card retails for $99 (plus tax), so about $105 total here. Which means for every GB you use, that's basically adding $1.64 to the price of whatever you buy.

Maybe a goofy metric, I dunno, but it's such a ripoff that memory is that expensive.

It says it on the online PSN store, IIRC
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#3261 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

My question is where you found a 64GB memory card.

#3262 Hollywood

Hollywood

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

My question is where you found a 64GB memory card.

Wow nevermind! It's the 32GB card for $99, I was mistaken. Holy shit.

Well double the metrics I used before. Damn, guess I'll double down on digital downloads not being viable outside of maybe a game or two.

#3263 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Wow nevermind! It's the 32GB card for $99, I was mistaken. Holy shit.

Well double the metrics I used before. Damn, guess I'll double down on digital downloads not being viable outside of maybe a game or two.

I'm hoping Sony announces a price drop for the Vita and its memory cards at E3.

#3264 LBJC

LBJC

Lvl99; CAG+100

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

If a Vita 64GB card retailed(existed) for $100...that would be a steal!

#3265 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

If a Vita 64GB card retailed(existed) for $100...that would be a steal!

No, that would still be ridiculous. But I suppose we'll take what we can get.

#3266 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

That is how I feel as well, so I don't really mind that it is a fighter for the third straight month now. Though eventually I will probably give Tekken 6 a quick spin at least too.

As sort of a public service announcement for both Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny on PSP, they are both at the pinnacle of late PSP development. If you take away the resolution differences between the PSP and the Vita (which is not that great of a factor with the Vita's great screen) then these games could easily pass for Vita games. They look and play great. If you've been hesitant to check these out because they're crusty old PSP games, give them another look.

#3267 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Has anyone bought the Sly collection in this sale? do the three games download as separate installs or one install for the whole collection?

#3268 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Has anyone bought the Sly collection in this sale? do the three games download as separate installs or one install for the whole collection?

I think you get both either way, or at least when I bought all three separate (save that .02) it also unlocked the sly collection. Downloading that prompted a triple download, but I expect you should be able to get them individually from your list.
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#3269 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I think you get both either way, or at least when I bought all three separate (save that .02) it also unlocked the sly collection. Downloading that prompted a triple download, but I expect you should be able to get them individually from your list.

Thanks!

#3270 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

As sort of a public service announcement for both Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny on PSP, they are both at the pinnacle of late PSP development. If you take away the resolution differences between the PSP and the Vita (which is not that great of a factor with the Vita's great screen) then these games could easily pass for Vita games. They look and play great. If you've been hesitant to check these out because they're crusty old PSP games, give them another look.

Those games could both look and play better than anything available on vita and it wouldn't matter to most because they don't have trophies. That addiction is real out here, son.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+