Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#3271 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

As sort of a public service announcement for both Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny on PSP, they are both at the pinnacle of late PSP development. If you take away the resolution differences between the PSP and the Vita (which is not that great of a factor with the Vita's great screen) then these games could easily pass for Vita games. They look and play great. If you've been hesitant to check these out because they're crusty old PSP games, give them another look.

The production values for both games are certainly impressive, but they are two of the worst installments in their respective series. There is no reason at all to play these if you have their console counterparts or earlier installments.

#3272 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

The production values for both games are certainly impressive, but they are two of the worst installments in their respective series. There is no reason at all to play these if you have their console counterparts or earlier installments.

I always thought Tekken 4 was considered the worst.
Posted Image

#3273 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Are they going to get rid of Vanquish then since Sleeping Dogs is dropping this coming Tuesday? I really hope not.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#3274 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

Are they going to get rid of Vanquish then since Sleeping Dogs is dropping this coming Tuesday? I really hope not.

demon's souls is dropping this coming tuesday

#3275 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

That's what I meant to say. I have no idea why Vanquish is on my mind. Lol. Thanks.

demon's souls is dropping this coming tuesday

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#3276 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

I always download every PS+ game, even just for a second then cancel so its in my "download list"

#3277 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

I always download every PS+ game, even just for a second then cancel so its in my "download list"

Same, I've been building up my Vita collection for when I finally pull the trigger;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3278 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

don't you just have to checkout with it? (not actually start a download)
Posted Image

#3279 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:48 PM

Same, I've been building up my Vita collection for when I finally pull the trigger;)

Ditto.

#3280 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

don't you just have to checkout with it? (not actually start a download)

on PS3 at least they don't let you add PS+ games to your cart anymore. A minor inconvenience really, but it would be nice just to be able to redeem all the games to your account at once. Might be possible with the online store, but I haven't tried.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3281 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

on PS3 at least they don't let you add PS+ games to your cart anymore. A minor inconvenience really, but it would be nice just to be able to redeem all the games to your account at once. Might be possible with the online store, but I haven't tried.

All you have to do on the web store is add them to your cart, checkout, and you're good to go.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#3282 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

I feel sorry for anyone that doesn't realize that's all you need to do.

#3283 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

I have more stuff and information on my list of what's coming next week, so I'll post that anyway:

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Deals
Catherine
Karateka Bundle - Full Game + Soundtrack + Wallpaper

PS2 Classics
Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly - $9.99

PS1 Imports
Three new titles from GungHo

Vita Games
Rymdkapsel

PlayStation Plus

Deals
Papo & Yo - $9.00 - Begins 5/7

Games
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - Vity
Knytt Underground - Cross Buy
Pinball Arcade - Cross Buy
Sleeping Dogs - 5/7

Free Sleeping Dogs and more PS1 imports... this update makes me very happy. 8-)

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#3284 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

Does anyone know if Fez is coming to PSN? I haven't found a definitive answer and was considering just getting it through Steam.

All you have to do on the web store is add them to your cart, checkout, and you're good to go.

Yep, that's I all I've done for the last few months regardless of whether I actually d/l the game. Can't remember the last time I accessed the store through my console.

#3285 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:35 AM

Does anyone know if Fez is coming to PSN? I haven't found a definitive answer and was considering just getting it through Steam..

I remember hearing on Podcast Beyond that it indeed was, but I haven't heard anything about it since. I don't think it will be to long if it is, but if you really want to play it now I doubt it will be any cheaper on PSN.

#3286 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

Does anyone know if Fez is coming to PSN? I haven't found a definitive answer and was considering just getting it through Steam.

http://www.playstati...fez-to-the-psn/

#3287 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

hmm if we go to the Web Store.. and click PS+, everything that's in IGC should be there right?
there isn't any that's like "hidden" and require Ninja skills to find?

I say this because I always click that menu to ensure I don't miss any of the "free" downloads

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3288 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Yep, that's I all I've done for the last few months regardless of whether I actually d/l the game. Can't remember the last time I accessed the store through my console.

Suggestion: for a game as great as Fez, just buy it on both. I picked it up on 360 on launch day, called it my GotY by far last Dec (also probably the game most definitive of this gen), picked it up on Steam on launch day even though my shitty laptop can't run it (or, like, anything since it's six years old), and will certainly buy it on the Vita and PS3 when it hits there as well.

Truly one Hell of a game.

#3289 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

hmm if we go to the Web Store.. and click PS+, everything that's in IGC should be there right?
there isn't any that's like "hidden" and require Ninja skills to find?

I say this because I always click that menu to ensure I don't miss any of the "free" downloads

You could just use the OP to get everything that's free for PS+ members. There's more there than what they tell you is available.

#3290 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

I think it's interesting Catherine is free in Europe and is only getting a discount in NA.

Doesn't mean Catherine still can't be free later though I guess.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#3291 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

Just recorded a video of SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny for the PS+ Preview post. That game's modes have really bad names. The arcade mode is called "Trials", which makes it sound like the tutorial mode. The tutorial mode is called "The Gauntlet", which sounds like what you'd call the arcade mode. The mode where you play against AI/User Created players is called "Quick Match", which doesn't give the impression that you're facing special AI in a VF4-like manner.

The game itself is pretty good, though I'd mostly stick to Quick Match since that is the most interesting thing there. I wish the AI player thing was more fleshed out. This would be an interesting game to play online with the PS3's AdHoc Party app.

I think it's interesting Catherine is free in Europe and is only getting a discount in NA.

I wouldn't put much stock in it since Atlus puts a game or two on sale every week. It'll be on sale probably five or six times this year.

#3292 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

You could just use the OP to get everything that's free for PS+ members. There's more there than what they tell you is available.

thanks Frisky! got everything now (:
pretty sad I missed the UC3 GOTY (retail) sale :/

hmm. I should try out the RC:FFA demo.. but I have this nagging feeling this game would be awesome on the Vita

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#3293 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

"I'm all for butt stuff" -Munkywawa

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Those games could both look and play better than anything available on vita and it wouldn't matter to most because they don't have trophies. That addiction is real out here, son.

It doesn't help that they're fighters, for people like me anyway. I enjoy trophies quite a bit, but I still spent a decent amount of time with Mega Man Maverick Hunter X when we got it for free. But fighting games? I don't even bother downloading those.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that yes, Fez will at least hit PSN, if not the Vita as well. And as a counterpoint to someone who posted earlier, I'll say I was quite disappointed with Fez.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#3294 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:53 AM

I actually wanted to buy it with a discount, now you made me second guess myself.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3295 stillshadow

stillshadow

Formerly Jaskull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

thanks Frisky! got everything now (:
pretty sad I missed the UC3 GOTY (retail) sale :/

hmm. I should try out the RC:FFA demo.. but I have this nagging feeling this game would be awesome on the Vita

I agree, which is why I'm glad we get the Vita version free when it comes out in "Spring". They only have a month and a half left of that.

It doesn't help that they're fighters, for people like me anyway. I enjoy trophies quite a bit, but I still spent a decent amount of time with Mega Man Maverick Hunter X when we got it for free. But fighting games? I don't even bother downloading those.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that yes, Fez will at least hit PSN, if not the Vita as well. And as a counterpoint to someone who posted earlier, I'll say I was quite disappointed with Fez.

I don't download them either, although the art style looks interesting enough to get me to try BlazBlue. I probably wouldn't bother if it wasn't on Vita. However, the first time I run into a combo that requires a half-counterclockwise-stick rotation-only-on-Tuesday-plus-Triangle-R-L-Square-Circle (2x)-only-when-facing-away-from-your-opponent combo I'm deleting it.

I really wanted to like Fez, too, but I was pretty letdown with it as well. I think the lack of fast travel and any sort of indication of what you're supposed to do in most situation just frustrated me and drove me a game that was more fun to pick up and play.

#3296 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Is Zombie Tycoon II any good? I finished Soul Sacrifice a lot sooner than expected and need something new... ^^;;

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3297 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Is Zombie Tycoon II any good? I finished Soul Sacrifice a lot sooner than expected and need something new... ^^;;

Did you feel it was too short? I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy the game since it came out on Tuesday.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#3298 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

Did you feel it was too short? I've been trying to decide whether or not to buy the game since it came out on Tuesday.

SS? It has a good amount of length to be honest. Something like...

Main story (broken up between two characters and is like 5 chapters long.) and a final boss battle with 2 endings.
4 additional side stories that tell the stories for additional characters.
10 chapters for avalon pacts, with another 4 for forgotten pacts (these are challenge stages, like do not take damage, win in X time, etc).
Roughly 78 costumes to unlock (most are color swaps).
20+ bosses (designs / concepts are reused, but act differently).
"deep" gameplay. Or at least tactics make a difference.
Your character "transforms" when you have a 90 level difference in your level and then transforms again when you have a 99 level difference.
Online co op.
Tons of lore to read.
Missions can be soloed.
Playing differently has different rewards.
etc.

You can easily get 40 hours out of this game, plus even more when the DLC comes out.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3299 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

I think it's pretty fun - I'm only on the 3rd or 4th chapter (or whatever) and so far I haven't been bored and the variety has been there to keep me entertained.

MildObstruction.png

#3300 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

I don't download them either, although the art style looks interesting enough to get me to try BlazBlue. I probably wouldn't bother if it wasn't on Vita. However, the first time I run into a combo that requires a half-counterclockwise-stick rotation-only-on-Tuesday-plus-Triangle-R-L-Square-Circle (2x)-only-when-facing-away-from-your-opponent combo I'm deleting it.

BBCSE has none of that. It's likely the easiest FG to handle aside from Tekken and the cheap PSN ones like VF2/5 and Sonic Fighters. The challenges are extremely easy (well, as required for the trophies) since you need to do so few, and then you have people with BS crap like Ragna that any scrub can use and be strong with (god I hated playing Ragnas online).

Basically, if you just want simple inputs, it's fine. There's very few of those 1-2 frame links from SF, insane motions like KOF, or super situational combos like MvC. They exist, but you can enjoy yourself plenty without ever needing to learn them.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+