Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#3361 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

Sweet, I had a feeling there would be a 5th game. Germinator will be the only game I get to look forward to this month, but at least there's one now. (Not that Sleeping Dogs, Knytt, or Pinball are bad. Just that I already own all of them).

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#3362 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Really pleased by the free games this month. I am certainly interested in Blazblue for the Vita, that'll be a fun game to try. Also pleased about Knytt Underground, glad I didn't buy it last month when I believe it was on sale.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3363 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

Blazblue is a typo it's supposed to be the vita version, not ps3 version.

#3364 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

Blazblue is a typo it's supposed to be the vita version, not ps3 version.

I'm starting to wonder if it is actually the PS3 version. :(

Two PS3 retail games are leaving the service.

Germinator is a Vita only game now announced. They don't usually do two.

#3365 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

I'm starting to wonder if it is actually the PS3 version. :(

Two PS3 retail games are leaving the service.

Germinator is a Vita only game now announced. They don't usually do two.

They usually add two games for the Vita each month.

#3366 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Do the first-of-the-month PlayStation Plus previews tend to be accurate about which of the free games release for each week? For example, this month Sleeping Dogs is listed first and Pinball Arcade last, so will we see Pinball Arcade at the end of the month?

#3367 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Germinator is a pleasant surprise.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#3368 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

It's the vita version. Look at the picture everyone.

Spoiler

Edit: Looks like they fixed the typo on the blog!

#3369 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

The PSP Go can do this as well. (Of course, once you load your suspend state, it's gone. So really only load it, if you know you'll be able to create a "real" save soon. )
If the Vita ever gets to $150 or below I'll pick one up.
I'm just using the PSP for RPGs right now, and it works perfect.

I have three kids. None of them have the attention span or focus to game with me, and they all think the TV is theirs and theirs alone.

Haha, when you get around to picking up a Vita, you will be pleased. I held off waiting for a drop also, but looking on Craigslist there were a fair amount of people willing to sell in that range. Picked up the system, a 4GB card and LBP for $130. Keep an eye out.

Edited by mpaullin, 06 May 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#3370 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Do the first-of-the-month PlayStation Plus previews tend to be accurate about which of the free games release for each week? For example, this month Sleeping Dogs is listed first and Pinball Arcade last, so will we see Pinball Arcade at the end of the month?

No.

#3371 chronodragoon

chronodragoon

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:32 PM

Haha, when you get around to picking up a Vita, you will be pleased. I held off waiting for a drop also, but looking on Craigslist there were a fair amount of people willing to sell in that range. Picked up the system, a 4GB card and LBP for $130. Keep and eye out.

I was able to get one off CL about a year ago for 150; 3G version with memory card and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The Vita is an incredible piece of hardware. I love being able to pause Persona 4 Golden on the fly and look something up on the Vita's browser (class questions, grrr). I practically bought a laptop for that gaming purpose and now I don't even use it, haha.

#3372 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

Amy Pond

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

quick update on the MGS legacy collection, it seems Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid: VR Mission won't be on-disc instead they included psn download vouchers for both games

533740.png

#3373 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

It specifically says it's not in any particular order.

#3374 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:48 PM

I was able to get one off CL about a year ago for 150; 3G version with memory card and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. The Vita is an incredible piece of hardware. I love being able to pause Persona 4 Golden on the fly and look something up on the Vita's browser (class questions, grrr). I practically bought a laptop for that gaming purpose and now I don't even use it, haha.

Yeah, I'm still in the honeymoon phase with mine. I played my wife's DS now and again and enjoyed it, but man is Vita's screen purrdy. It also helps that I have been PS+ from the beginning so have amassed a pretty big Vita backlog already.

#3375 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

quick update on the MGS legacy collection, it seems Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid: VR Mission won't be on-disc instead they included psn download vouchers for both games

Konami confirmed earlier that it was the PSone Classics version of MGS1. What I wanna know is if we'll get that artbook.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3376 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

They usually add two games for the Vita each month.

I didn't realize they did two Vita only games a month, I guess I have not paid appropriate attention.

#3377 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

I didn't realize they did two Vita only games a month, I guess I have not paid appropriate attention.

Either a Vita-exclusive (or cross-buy with PS3) title or a PSP game that is compatible on Vita. Been at least 2 a month since Vita was introduced to the IGC.

Edited by DemonsMaster, 06 May 2013 - 08:58 PM.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#3378 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Either a Vita-exclusive (or cross-buy with PS3) title or a PSP game that is compatible on Vita. Been at least 2 a month since Vita was introduced to the IGC.

Yea, I've known there have been multiple Vita compatible games, but I was thinking more in terms of Vita only games. Either way though, in the end, you were (thankfully) correct and my fears were unfounded. I am happy to be getting the Vita version. :D

GS Feedback Sheet/Thread

https://docs.google....NWc&usp=sharing

MattNY.png

#3379 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

so tempted to join PSN but just cant do it....

heard that

Dragon fantasy is 7.99 if you have PSN
WOOOO I STINK

#3380 argyle

argyle

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

Already got the plat in SD, but happy to see all the Vita games coming this month (as in specifically Vita, not PSP).
Posted Image

#3381 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

heard that

It was the week of its release, but not anymore.

#3382 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

heard that

What does this even mean?#-o

#3383 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:10 PM

This PSN thing sounds pretty good.

I think anyone with a playstation product and a internet connection should get it.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#3384 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

For anyone like me who was confused by Pinball Arcade not having cross-buy listed in the graphic or Vita listed as a platform except in the description, Morgan confirmed in the comments that Pinball Arcade is PS3+Vita.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#3385 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:01 PM

heard that

PSN is free. Feel free to join.

PS+ is $18/3 months, or $50/year. I suggest you join, but that's totally up to you. However, you don't necessarily need to post here every time you waffle on this decision.

#3386 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

PSN is free. Feel free to join.

PS+ is $18/month, or $50/year. I suggest you join, but that's totally up to you. However, you don't necessarily need to post here every time you waffle on this decision.

$18/3 months.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#3387 SlightlyOffTrack

SlightlyOffTrack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Does Secret Agent Clank utilize the second analog stick if downloaded on Vita? If not, I'll just pick up the UMD for my PSP instead as I prefer physical media.

#3388 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

$18/3 months.

Damn, I was able to edit it even before CAG notes that an edit was made, yet you were still able to catch my mistake. :-(

#3389 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Does Secret Agent Clank utilize the second analog stick if downloaded on Vita? If not, I'll just pick up the UMD for my PSP instead as I prefer physical media.

Technically, all PSP games on the Vita can use the right stick since that's a part of the emulator to allow typical methods of controlling the camera on the PSP to be remapped to it. Secret Agent Clank uses the shoulder buttons for that, which is one of the options you can use to remap it to the right stick.

#3390 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

is all stars any good at 20???

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+