Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#4681 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Germinator is a game I'll play in small chunks over a very long period of time.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4682 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

^ This ^ Wish I could help, but I can't really think of anything like/as good as bust a move on psn either. Wish my wife even wanted to play video games with me haha.

Me and my gf are playing legend of mana again. She pretty much only plays games she finds nestalgic, wish she was into new stuff too but she could care less.

#4683 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

I'm the same way. I only like the kind of games I grew up with and couldn't care less for the latest 3D games. In a couple of years, I think nostalgia-based products targeting '90s kids will be big business.

#4684 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

Me and my gf are playing legend of mana again. She pretty much only plays games she finds nestalgic, wish she was into new stuff too but she could care less.

She used to play WoW back in high school days, but stopped after she found she was getting too addicted to it. Hasn't really played many games since. That's about all her gaming experience haha. I'm just thankful she got away from WoW.

#4685 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Get them a move stick, will reignite their passions!

#4686 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Lol its funny cuz i just bought a 2nd one for light gun games with her.
I hope its only used for its intended purpose while i work nights :P

#4687 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hahaha, I used to have a wii because I thought she could get into that. Needless to say I don't have a wii anymore lol.

#4688 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Starhawk's the only thing that sticks out to me with these ultimate bundles, though I'm not sure quite what the DLC entails. Still, only a couple dollars more than ordering it from Amazon. I just can't decide whether Starhawk's worth it or if I should just stick with trying to get into Dust 514.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#4689 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

She used to play WoW back in high school days, but stopped after she found she was getting too addicted to it. Hasn't really played many games since. That's about all her gaming experience haha. I'm just thankful she got away from WoW.

My girl plays animal crossing like some play wow. I know that pain.

#4690 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:52 PM

I forgot what people were saying during the time debate, but my Hard playthrough of Guacamelee was just over four hours and that was collecting most of the chests.

I like how the credits were different based on what ending you got. I also think I preferred the "bad" ending.

Oh, and anyone who uses the Hard Mode glitch because "it's just more of the same" or "the only hard part is the platforming" or whatever is full of shit. Hard mode was significantly harder than normal mode.

It wasn't impossible, but some of the locked-in battles with waves of enemies were downright brutal, especially early on before you have a lot of health upgrades. There were a few of those fights that made me want to throw my Vita across the room, but I mostly enjoyed the challenge because it makes you really plan out and use your attacks in the most effective ways. Also shows off what a (mostly) great combat system they put together, which is uncommon these days for a 2D game like this.

And yeah, that fucking Jaguar fight on hard had me ripping my hair out. It wasn't too bad until his white shield at the end - it's hard to get enough damage in to actually deplete his health, and the majority of his attacks take priority over your own moves. Ugh.

I think it's worth it at full price, but definitely glad I got it on sale. One of the best games on PSN, easily.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#4691 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

Free Pinball Arcade is awesome. They are also offering a discounted Season 1 pack. Not sure if that's up yet or not. I'm going to switch from Xbox with all the publishing issues there. Which I blame fully on Microsoft, not Farsight. Thus the discounted season pack is perfect! EDIT: ah, I see that it's in the OP. Nice!

My understanding is that after their publisher on the 360, Crave, went into bankruptcy, several creditors are owed money and are fighting over assets. One of these assets is TPA on the 360. Until that's settled, no DLC for the 360.

I'm not sure how that's Microsoft's fault, although I guess you could say it's their fault for requiring a publisher in the first place.

#4692 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

Starhawk's the only thing that sticks out to me with these ultimate bundles, though I'm not sure quite what the DLC entails. Still, only a couple dollars more than ordering it from Amazon. I just can't decide whether Starhawk's worth it or if I should just stick with trying to get into Dust 514.

If you had PS+ when the single-player campaign was made free, all of the DLC was also offered at the same time, so this deal essentially gets you the full game for much cheaper.

#4693 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

If you had PS+ when the single-player campaign was made free, all of the DLC was also offered at the same time, so this deal essentially gets you the full game for much cheaper.

I've only been a PS3 user for a month or two, heck I didn't even know that Starhawk had a singleplayer campaign.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#4694 minimidgy

minimidgy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Man, Pinball Arcade is great. Never realized there was so much strategy involved with Pinball haha

#4695 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Question: my wife really loved super bust a move growing up and I wanted to know if there's any similar games we can play together on psn?

It's not really at all like SBaM, but if you are after a super cute and fun puzzle game on PSN, I can't recommend Critter Crunch enough! I had way way way more fun than I thought I would, maxed out all the modes, and just completely loved my time with it. It has local and online multiplayer, both co-op and vs, and is really easy to understand, but has enough depth to allow for strategic planning and combo making. Some of the most fun I've had with a PSN games easily:applause:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#4696 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've only been a PS3 user for a month or two, heck I didn't even know that Starhawk had a singleplayer campaign.

Gotcha. The DLC are mostly skins and a couple of co-op maps, so there's nothing really amazing there. The game itself was very fun for me as a big fan of Warhawk, though I don't know if there's still much of an MP community left.

#4697 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

Gotcha. The DLC are mostly skins and a couple of co-op maps, so there's nothing really amazing there. The game itself was very fun for me as a big fan of Warhawk, though I don't know if there's still much of an MP community left.

That's the main thing I'm worried about. Ah well, I'll just put that money towards BF4.

#4698 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

Question: my wife really loved super bust a move growing up and I wanted to know if there's any similar games we can play together on psn?

Not really similar, but Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes is good and has fun local co-op. It is like the match 3 puzzle games but with more depth.

#4699 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Here's the Pinball Arcade video I uploaded this morning. Working on uploading Ratchet: Deadlocked videos.

#4700 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

It wasn't impossible, but some of the locked-in battles with waves of enemies were downright brutal, especially early on before you have a lot of health upgrades. There were a few of those fights that made me want to throw my Vita across the room, but I mostly enjoyed the challenge because it makes you really plan out and use your attacks in the most effective ways. Also shows off what a (mostly) great combat system they put together, which is uncommon these days for a 2D game like this.

And yeah, that fucking Jaguar fight on hard had me ripping my hair out. It wasn't too bad until his white shield at the end - it's hard to get enough damage in to actually deplete his health, and the majority of his attacks take priority over your own moves. Ugh.

I think it's worth it at full price, but definitely glad I got it on sale. One of the best games on PSN, easily.

Oh nah, it definitely wasn't impossible, it wasn't even that hard, it was just significantly harder than the normal playthrough.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4701 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for the info. Now that I have 2 years of PS+, I think I will wait on it if it has been on PS+ before for single player (it might come again), and the DLC is not all that much.
ach.png

#4702 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

ohmy. i am very tempted to do this

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#4703 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

ohmy. i am very tempted to do this

I had more fun on Hard mode than normal. Sure it's tedious and less enjoyable, but you actually have to use skill to win.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#4704 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

I had more fun on Hard mode than normal. Sure it's tedious and less enjoyable, but you actually have to use skill to win.

More fun, but less enjoyable. I knew it, you don't enjoy having fun:headache:

#4705 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

More fun, but less enjoyable. I knew it, you don't enjoy having fun:headache:

I platinumed Lost Planet 2... I thought it was established. But no, the tedious / less enjoyable aspect came from the fact that I and I suspect many others would only be doing it for the trophy, which is more of a mad dash to the end. I should have been able to select it from the start, since it's definately the better of the two modes.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#4706 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Beating hard mode is more rewarding, because like vic said, you actually need some skill to beat it.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4707 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:30 AM

I platinumed Lost Planet 2... I thought it was established. But no, the tedious / less enjoyable aspect came from the fact that I and I suspect many others would only be doing it for the trophy, which is more of a mad dash to the end. I should have been able to select it from the start, since it's definately the better of the two modes.

Haha I'm just messing with you. I just thought it was kinda funny how you worded it. I've preferred hard mode in some games as well, and I actually like that trophies/achievements compel me to play a game on them. I wouldn't normally, but lately I've been doing it more often, and it definitely is a different experience than I'm used to:)

#4708 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

Haha I'm just messing with you. I just thought it was kinda funny how you worded it. I've preferred hard mode in some games as well, and I actually like that trophies/achievements compel me to play a game on them. I wouldn't normally, but lately I've been doing it more often, and it definitely is a different experience than I'm used to:)

I am aware, that's why I mentioned Lost Planet 2, since I actually really enjoyed that game.

#4709 darken

darken

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Anyone notice that the ultimate bundle of Metal Gear Revengeance includes the preorder dlc costumes? Anyone know if they will be sold separately at all?
Posted Image

#4710 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

It's not really at all like SBaM, but if you are after a super cute and fun puzzle game on PSN, I can't recommend Critter Crunch enough! I had way way way more fun than I thought I would, maxed out all the modes, and just completely loved my time with it. It has local and online multiplayer, both co-op and vs, and is really easy to understand, but has enough depth to allow for strategic planning and combo making. Some of the most fun I've had with a PSN games easily:applause:

I second everything above, MrNinjaSquirrel is right on here in my opinion. My wife really likes Critter Crunch as well.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+