Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#31 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for all the work Frisky. Loving the new thread smell.

I was literally just going to say that;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#32 Blabadon

Blabadon

I just like video games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME MAN.

Still, this thread is so useful all the time. Thanks for keeping up the great work Frisky!

fekhvr.jpg

#33 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Has Toy Story 3 ever been on sale to anyone's knowledge

#34 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

New BlogCast is live on the iTunes. Downloading and listening now...

#35 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

The new PS Blogcast is out now, so here are next week's releases:

Games
Defiance - $59.99
Ion Assault HD
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razer's Edge Bundle

Add-ons
Capcom Arcade Cabinet

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#36 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

No clues for plus?

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif          

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#37 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Not that I can tell. They recorded the show at GDC, so there wasn't much preparation for things beyond the interviews.

#38 mebegod

mebegod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

wow no hints ....
greatly appreciate all the work you put into this thread frisky

#39 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Morgan confirms no hints due to GDC.

#40 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Morgan confirms no hints due to GDC.

Guess we'll be filled in on the 1st. Hope they tell us all the info for the entire month again.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#41 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Thanks for all the hard work Frisky. And the blog update. Too bad no hints, Monday will hopefully be great tho!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#42 Karkian

Karkian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Love the thread Frisky, especially since I became a plus member yesterday! On the other hand, I don't love these massive downloads (10 GB just to download Darksiders!!!)

#43 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for all the hard work Frisky. And the blog update. Too bad no hints, Monday will hopefully be great tho!

I prefer no hints, since it can lead to misleading expectations. Perfect example would be the fighting game hint last month. Every post I read thought it would be Dead or Alive 5, yet it turned out to be Tekken 6 for the PSP no less.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#44 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

I prefer no hints, since it can lead to misleading expectations. Perfect example would be the fighting game hint last month. Every post I read thought it would be Dead or Alive 5, yet it turned out to be Tekken 6 for the PSP no less.

But it does help you hold off all fighting game purchases until the update, does it not? I think hints are added advantageous when you are doing meticulous purchase planning.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#45 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

But it does help you hold off all fighting game purchases until the update, does it not? I think hints are added advantageous when you are doing meticulous purchase planning.

Eh, we were given the hints roughly 3 days before all the games were revealed, so I doubt it helped anyone.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#46 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Man, if we get Okami for Plus, I'm definitely high fiving myself.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#47 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Munky blows goats. I have proof.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

Good point. I definitely thought we were getting DOA5.

I'd love it too! However if you think you'd be able to play it right away, just get an EU trial and dlownload it. That's what I'll be doing if we don't end up getting it.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#48 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:27 AM

I don't think they should stop it because people guessed wrong.

#49 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

I don't think they should stop it because people guessed wrong.

Not saying they should either. Just saying that hints can get people excited for things and ultimately result in people being disappointed in what we get. This is QUITE similar to the problem US has with EU. People see what EU is getting and their expectations are on that level, which the US rarely lives up to. At least with no hints I am not setting myself up for fail.

#50 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

Right there with you. I would love this or VLR. Hopefully we get both eventually, if not this month.

#51 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Okami would be a perfect match for the vita and I hope they port it. Extremely long game, fun, and touch gestures. Maybe someday... It certainly survived its initial low sales release, which is great because it's so good. I only got halfway through it but I'd buy it for vita in a heartbeat.

And I love hints. I like guessing and hoping, and I can handle not always getting what I want. That disgae vita srpg hint made my 3 days waiting for confirmation.

#52 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Tagging the new thread, OP looks good as always FriskyTanuki.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#53 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

Adding my voice to all those thanking Frisky for his hard work keeping us updated on the deals every week. :bow: I didn't have a PS3 until last autumn, but following this thread has helped me build a good library of games while on a budget. Also adding my voice to the "Okami PS+" wish list. :pray:

Ooo... new thread....
*unwraps cellophane and peels security stickers off the case*
*INHALE* :whee:

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#54 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Not saying they should either. Just saying that hints can get people excited for things and ultimately result in people being disappointed in what we get. This is QUITE similar to the problem US has with EU. People see what EU is getting and their expectations are on that level, which the US rarely lives up to. At least with no hints I am not setting myself up for fail.

The only problem with the Tekken 6 hint was that it was too vague since it was basically 'It's a fighting game", so it could've been anything. Then people said it had to be DOA5 because that's what EU PS+ was getting, so both of those issues got rolled up into one. The onus is still on the audience because it was too vague to really hint at any one specific game. The smart guessers recognized that and didn't really put their eggs into one basket.

The other three hints were pretty much perfect so that they could be figured out with a little work but still vague enough that some people had their doubts.

#55 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Alright I'm done for the month...ended up skipping R&C:FFA and grabbed Machinarium for Vita and the Bioshock season pass. I wouldn't normally get a season pass, after I was let down with Borderlands 2 and their worthless DLC. Hopefully Irrational don't let me down!

Also, ended up spending $101, so didn't even have to go that far over the mark for $20 back. Woot!

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

My man Pharm fucks all night. Call him Super Mario, cuz he be layin' the pipe

#56 Cybolt

Cybolt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for maintaining and updating the thread. Everything is very thorough and easy to read.

#57 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Edit: Status Solved got the 2 games into my main.

Edited by realit3y, 29 March 2013 - 05:08 PM.
solved

:error:
Spoiler

#58 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

Grabbing the Sega Fighters pack. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#59 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

@FriskyTanuki:

Big question I want to purchase games that have been de-listed, I know that one option is if you have a code of that said game, since I know someone that had a game voucher, and after that said game was de-listed, and because the voucher wasn't redeemed, it still added to his account.

Now the games I would want are:
R-types and R-type Delta.

I know that Irem de-listed that from JP and US stores and spelunker black etc, has anyone you know in here asked for someone on the store to reintroduce something de-listed to their account and then remove the appropriate money, because as may know de-listed items are tied to your account, and still into sony servers to being able to download.

The last option I could think of doing something like this, would be to contact gamestop to ask them to purchase 2 codes of de-listed games, do you think that this would be possible , do you have a contact number, so that I contact them?

They won't and more importantly can't help you. While I don't know why EVERY game was delisted, I can tell you some like Irem's Spelunker Black was delisted (same with Minna de Spelunker btw) because Tozai Game's acquired the rights to Spelunker in Japan. Irem has no legal rights to said content, so Sony wouldn't have anyone to give the money to and pocketing it would be illegal (since Sony would be selling other peoples IP's). So the item will remain delisted till someone relists it, it becomes something new (Spelunker HD Tozai Games Edition) or whatever issue surrounding it is resolved.

#60 realit3y

realit3y

Doubl3 Kill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

They won't and more importantly can't help you. While I don't know why EVERY game was delisted, I can tell you some like Irem's Spelunker Black was delisted (same with Minna de Spelunker btw) because Tozai Game's acquired the rights to Spelunker in Japan. Irem has no legal rights to said content, so Sony wouldn't have anyone to give the money to and pocketing it would be illegal (since Sony would be selling other peoples IP's). So the item will remain delisted till someone relists it, it becomes something new (Spelunker HD Tozai Games Edition) or whatever issue surrounding it is resolved.

But sony should have removed the games from their ps3 website as part of the sony ps1 collection, what's their contact I'll try to contact them anyway, I don't care

Regarding gamestop, you can buy any codes you want from gamestop from their selection of psn games and ps1 classics like spyro, etc , so I just need their contact in order to ask them also, it doesn't hurt making them a call.

Regarding Spelunker Black was only released in Japan, so of course I wouldn't want to be talking with Japan, I'd rather ask in America, there is still one r-type game published by Atlus, but that's for PSP.
:error:
Spoiler