Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#691 AkariK

AkariK

マスタースパーク

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

That LBP pack is tempting but I haven't even started the LBP2 Cross control DLC yet either... sigh. As much as I want to not get any new games from MM, I keep falling for the DLC, ugh.

#692 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

haha, same here. i got the move dlc and the cross control dlc and havnt touched either. backlog fail. i also bought that doggie pack dlc for k&l2, what is wrong with me...

lol, i also got the portal 2 move dlc, which i think has no trophies... and i never even touched portal 2... i need to put a lock on my psn spending til i figure out what im doing with my life. lol

that is til i get that 30psn$ back for 150 spent, and the free $10 psn card bestbuy basically gave away for easter... and that $20 vita serial code thinger if that really exists...

lbp2 for vita is one of five games i bought for vita before i realized just having ps+ freebies and discounts were gonna over burden my 32gig and 16gig cards and backlog... i keep forgetting that work and family time take up 90% of my time, so i have less time to play, but i keep buying more cuz deals are so great, lol. and then most of my free time im playing cod. omg i was a beast earlier. 22 n 4 and an amazing c4 and knife final triple kill. sorry im zoned out. thanx frisky for everything in this thread!

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#693 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

You can't slim down bone, stupid

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

so this is a little off topic, but I'm hoping I can get some suggestions. I've downloaded most every PS+ game save infamous 2 and spec ops, that has been released since february. I want to try Demon's souls, but I've run out of space. So I need some suggestions on short games I can hurry up and play through so I can delete them to make some room. So, any thoughts?

Just curious, since I know others have offered options, but is there a reason you wouldn't be able to download later? I typically just "purchase" the free games, and then download them from my history when I plan on playing them. I think this is how most people do it. That way you're not cluttering up your HDD when you don't need to.

ProfessorStotch.png

Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Recently added:

- Witch and the Hundred Knight: $25 shipped! (Available until 4/24/14)

#694 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:07 AM

so this is a little off topic, but I'm hoping I can get some suggestions. I've downloaded most every PS+ game save infamous 2 and spec ops, that has been released since february. I want to try Demon's souls, but I've run out of space. So I need some suggestions on short games I can hurry up and play through so I can delete them to make some room. So, any thoughts?

I believe you can just "purchase" the games without downloading them fully and then download them in the future when you're ready to play them (as long as you're still a PS+ member), even if they're no longer PS+ titles.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#695 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

yep that's def how you do it. just purchase and as long as in download history you can always go back and re dl through download list or actual page itself.

only issue i have come across is if it's a ps+ cross play game, sometimes there is a problem if you download on vita first and then ps3, but that is just remedied by going through dl list and not actual page. i just know cuz i dl'd foosball 2012 on vita first, and kept saying error on ps3, but you just gotta find it on the actual dl list. peace

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#696 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

Delete Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition or Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Either of those games should be enough to free up space for Demon Souls - 18 and 14 GB respectively if I remember correctly. I think Little Big Planet 2 and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine also weigh in at over 6GB; the latter is a shooter and could be finished fairly quickly if you're not going to play multiplayer.

#697 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:32 AM

Anybody pick up the LBP Vita Marvel Arcade Pack? Thoughts?

I have no idea what it is (poor description on PSN), but I plan to get it since I was so impressed with LBP Vita. It's a shame such a great game seems to be overlooked. I'm generally not too interested in side scrolling platformers, but that one hooked me in.

#698 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:41 AM

I don't understand. If you only have those 2 games under your "Game Data," you should have like 140 GB left out 160 GB. What are you making room for?

What I meant was those are all I have as game data installs/patches. The rest is downloaded games.

Just curious, since I know others have offered options, but is there a reason you wouldn't be able to download later? I typically just "purchase" the free games, and then download them from my history when I plan on playing them. I think this is how most people do it. That way you're not cluttering up your HDD when you don't need to.

I believe you can just "purchase" the games without downloading them fully and then download them in the future when you're ready to play them (as long as you're still a PS+ member), even if they're no longer PS+ titles.

Yeah, I know. I just like to have them downloaded already because A. my interenet is really slow, and it could take a whole day (leaving the PS3 on overnight as well) to download a game that size, and B. so I actually remember I have the game, and hopefully get around to playing it.

Delete Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition or Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. Either of those games should be enough to free up space for Demon Souls - 18 and 14 GB respectively if I remember correctly. I think Little Big Planet 2 and Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine also weigh in at over 6GB; the latter is a shooter and could be finished fairly quickly if you're not going to play multiplayer.

Thanks, and thanks for all the other suggestions, but as it turns out I had more stuff to delete than I realized. Freed up about 10gb from some game installs I forgot I'd saved (I don't know why I keep thinking I'm going to play Mass Effect 2 again so soon), 3GB from game trailers (they were sorta serving as a PS3 wish list, and I enjoy watching them:rofl:), and also remembered I had Dust 514 installed, which I will probably delete as I never play it. Even if I don't though, I've now got 21GB pre Demon's Souls, so all is well and good:applause:
This is the incarnation of my idiot blood.

#699 Rohsiph

Rohsiph

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:01 AM

Also stay away from any game from the 80s or 90s while you're at it, because a lot of those have grammar and localization issues. Who cares if their good games when they got they're grammar mixed up.

It can matter in a dialogue-heavy genre. Not so much in simpler genres, or in games with voice-overs. I really wanted to like Rainbow Moon, but after about 5 hours I just couldn't stomach the abysmal writing . . . and I've been miffed that not a single review I've seen so far has mentioned this flaw in particular.

It's very possible 99% of gamers' standards are truly that much lower than mine . . . but it's still disappointing.

#700 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

I have no idea what it is (poor description on PSN), but I plan to get it since I was so impressed with LBP Vita. It's a shame such a great game seems to be overlooked. I'm generally not too interested in side scrolling platformers, but that one hooked me in.

I'm reading it correctly, the DLC pack comes with three different levels/mini-games that are Marvel based:

Avengers: Ultimate Escape

Help Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America and Thor through 80 tricky trials and collect as many coins as you can to spend on new levels or items for your Popit. Use each hero’s special abilities to dodge or smash through obstacles to win trophies and make their escape.

S.H.I.E.L.D Interceptor
Pilot an elite Interceptor ship against waves of invading Chitauri forces in a 25 mission campaign – or try to stay airborne for as long as possible in Endless mode. Power up your ship with new weapons and use ten special Marvel hero abilities to destroy the enemy.

Hero Rush
Choose a team of three heroes from 12 Marvel characters, each with special jumping, flying or hovering abilities and fight to make it through a series of levels in one piece. Collect coins, power up your heroes and try to become a level 20 Rush Master.

I intend to buy this as well, just wanted to see if I could get any opinions beforehand. Personally, LBP Vita is the best version of LBP and is my favorite Vita game right behind P4G.

#701 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

and guess what? both missed sales expectations! Yay!!!! DmC didn't even outsell DMC4 and Tomb Raider maybe outsold the sequels after TR4. This is especially tasty with DmC, since Capcom basically flat out tried to convince people that A) DMC4 didn't sell well and that B) the series was stale. DMC4 sold well and the combat in the game is arguably the best (albeit with a bad campaign mode.)

I'm not as jubilant, because I actually like Ninja Theory and the two games they made before DmC. It is too bad they got stuck with the baggage that comes with rebooting a popular franchise. Personally, I have no attachment to Devil May Cry, so I have no dog in the fight.
Posted Image

#702 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Geez Borderlands 2 Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is ridiculous. 2 hours later but I reached level 51...yay me.

#703 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

I bought both DmC and Tom Braider day 1 for the PC.

I can defend my position, if that's what you're wondering. For both games it boils down to sucking out the gameplay in favor really simple and bland cinematic stuff. You can't argue that's exactly what both reboots did.

and guess what? both missed sales expectations! Yay!!!! DmC didn't even outsell DMC4 and Tomb Raider maybe outsold the sequels after TR4. This is especially tasty with DmC, since Capcom basically flat out tried to convince people that A) DMC4 didn't sell well and that B) the series was stale. DMC4 sold well and the combat in the game is arguably the best (albeit with a bad campaign mode.)

So yeah, the old Tomb Raider games were popular for a reason and they're still fun and unique to this day. In 10 years, we'll look at the reboot and see how not unique it is...it's just an amalgamation of AAA game features thrown onto a scared, but brutally murderous pair of tits.

At the very least, you can't go wrong with TR1, 2, and 4 for about $11 with this sale. I'm gonna get them for my vita...after i check that they're compatible.

Expectations from a publisher are not always a good indication of the quality of the product nor the success of the launch.

Tomb Raider had the biggest week one sales in the history of the franchise. You will get a much better essesment from the Developer like Crystal Dynamics. I am sure TR2 will get back to its roots a bit more next time but be certain that the Lara Croft they molded this time out is the one you will see next time also.

http://www.joystiq.c...les-in-franchi/

#704 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

wait Demon's Souls is unexpected, did they replace something else with it?
Posted Image

#705 BWOzar

BWOzar

Give Vita a Chance!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:29 AM

Spec Ops

#706 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:56 AM

Maybe you were thinking that the Europe list was for the US. Here's the US PS+ preview for the month which was posted on Monday: http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#707 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

Those are some awful free games this month. Demon's excluded, of course.

#708 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Malicious has a cult following and a Vita port/remake coming later this year which people were excited about, SoulCalibur Broken Destiny is actually pretty well-reviewed (though getting two Namco PSP fighters in two months is rather poorly timed), and Zombie Tycoon II is a launch-day freebie, which is always cool and rarely happens. Admittedly I'd never heard of Labyrinth Legends and it doesn't seem to have particularly good reviews, but I don't think this counts as "awful." Certainly it's not as excellent as last month, but it's still a decent collection of games which many people will have overlooked, along with a newly launching title.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#709 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Maybe you were thinking that the Europe list was for the US. Here's the US PS+ preview for the month which was posted on Monday: http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

you're right, thanks for the info!
Posted Image

#710 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

...Zombie Tycoon II is a launch-day freebie, which is always cool and rarely happens...

I think giving away a Day 1 release is great for Plus members. No one can ever complain that they already own that title. I would think a lot of Plus members would see this as a nice perk.

#711 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

More like, "I'm not familiar with these games, so they must suck." Some people are never satisfied.

Personally, I embrace the new and unfamiliar. It gives me a chance to try out games I might not have considered buying.
Posted Image

#712 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

Sigh.. I bought all of the PS1 Tomb Raider games a few weeks at full price, so you can all thank me for them going on sale now. (I really thought if they were gonna do something like this it would be right before or right after the reboot came out, not a month later..)

Anyway, I am seriously considering buy the Legacy of Kain games at that price so I don't have to stick in my disc copies (having games on my hard drive makes me 10x more likely to play them too). These are some of my all time favorite games (see my icon?) and come highly recommended by me. Blood Omen may be a little hard to get in to if its your first time, but I imagine Soul Reaver would still be very enjoyable today.

#713 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Sigh.. I bought all of the PS1 Tomb Raider games a few weeks at full price, so you can all thank me for them going on sale now. (I really thought if they were gonna do something like this it would be right before or right after the reboot came out, not a month later..)

Anyway, I am seriously considering buy the Legacy of Kain games at that price so I don't have to stick in my disc copies (having games on my hard drive makes me 10x more likely to play them too). These are some of my all time favorite games (see my icon?) and come highly recommended by me. Blood Omen may be a little hard to get in to if its your first time, but I imagine Soul Reaver would still be very enjoyable today.

I am just hoping with this Legacy of Kain sale, Kain and Raziel having DLC in Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light and with the series appearing on places like Steam and GOG that this is the sign of another game in the works. Sucks that Legacy of Kain script writer Amy Hennig is at Naughty Dog now but maybe they could borrow her as a contract worker? :lol:

523546.png

#714 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I am just hoping with this Legacy of Kain sale, Kain and Raziel having DLC in Tomb Raider: Guardian of Light and with the series appearing on places like Steam and GOG that this is the sign of another game in the works. Sucks that Legacy of Kain script writer Amy Hennig is at Naughty Dog now but maybe they could borrow her as a contract worker? :lol:

Hell yes. I've been dreaming of a new LoK game for years and years (even though I thought Definace was a near perfect ending). I know that Amy Hennig was a critical part in this series, but I'm not sure she's irreplaceable. I am hoping that with the success Square is having with reboots lately (Tomb Raider, Deus Ex) that they consider doing the same here. Obviously I'd prefer a new main entry to a reboot, but I'm not sure that's realistic since the game always had kind of a small following to begin with.

#715 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:43 PM

Just got on my Vita to check, is there nothing new at all this week for it? Sucks.

Also, thank you so much Frisky!

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#716 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Well, looks as if I'm joining the ranks of outliers who aren't particularly impressed with Demon's Souls. Tried it out for about an hour or two last night. Between the tedious combat and obtuse narrative it's just not my cup of tea. Not. At. All. Comes as no surpise, though, since I was never compelled to play it after all these years, even with the hype.

P4G, on the other hand, finally -- FINALLY -- picked up some steam and I'm really beginning to enjoy it. This is my first Persona game, so I wasn't aware that it was dialgoue driven, lol. I still haven't actually had many battles (2, at this point), but the story and characters are varied, interesting and weird enough that I don't really mind anymore. Once things open up a little I'm sure I'll be really addicted. It's no longer on sale on PSN, but Amazon & Gamestop still have it for the sale price this week. Recommended.

#717 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:02 PM

decisions decisions. What Soldner is the better verson 1 or 2?

#718 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

anyone pick up ion assault yet? thoughts?

for those that only gave Demon's Souls an hour or two, or were predisposed to dislike it, i suggest reading this Joystiq article from a game journalist who thought the same way, then decided to give the game a second chance.

http://www.joystiq.c...ouls-all-wrong/

it's about dark souls, but everything about it applies to both games.

#719 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Does anyone remember if the Strong Bad games have ever been on sale?

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#720 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Sucks that blood omen isnt playable on vita, seems like a time sink. Will probably get it anywY thou.