Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#841 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

BL 2 DLC, yes please.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#842 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

am i understanding correctly that the spring sales are not the listed discounts, but rather TBA?

#843 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

NOOOOOOOOO! That's some bullshit. I'm now boycotting Sony and Disney forever!

It's Warner Bros. for life for me now.

BL 2 DLC, yes please.

I haven't played BL2 yet but I second this.

am i understanding correctly that the spring sales are not the listed discounts, but rather TBA?

Yep.

Just finished Spec Ops: The Line. Even though the game got me way frustrated at points, what a great ending.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#844 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:04 AM

Yes, that's why I separated it from the deals they mentioned and said details would come on Monday.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#845 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

You guys are absolutely right, holy a** f*** Demon's Souls is hard. The lack of checkpoints is really what sparks the frustration.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#846 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

fatal frame is a ps2 classic next week? fudge yeeeaaah.

Well there goes the last nail in the coffin for the notion of a Fatal Frame HD collection.

Still, that's a good release- far better than whatever ridiculous games that's been coming out.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#847 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:38 AM

You guys are absolutely right, holy a** f*** Demon's Souls is hard. The lack of checkpoints is really what sparks the frustration.

Most levels have shortcuts that you activate at certain parts of the levels. I always saw those as checkpoints.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#848 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

Funny someone compared Demon Souls to Megaman with Malicous being a free game also this month (like megaman also in terms of taking powers) Megamans 25th anniversary just passed

#849 ECisMe

ECisMe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Spring sale will be good for when I get my PSN credit back. Nothing like maximizing the value of free money.

#850 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

There are only two levels which don't have some type of open shortcut (open from the start) or unlockable shortcut (pull a switch to open a gate or lower a bridge near the start), the second level of Boletaria Palace and the fourth level of Boletaria Palace (which is the unofficial final level). The final (3rd) level of the other 4 worlds are very short boss stages, and the other 2 levels in those four worlds have shortcuts.

Boletaria Palace
1-1
Spoiler

1-2
Spoiler

1-3
Spoiler

Stonefang
2-1
Spoiler

2-2
Spoiler

Latria
3-1
Spoiler

3-2
Spoiler

Shrine of Storms
4-1
Spoiler

4-2
Spoiler

Valley of Defilement
5-1
Spoiler

5-2
Spoiler

Guardian_owl.png

#851 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

There are only two levels which don't have some type of open shortcut (open from the start) or unlockable shortcut (pull a switch to open a gate or lower a bridge near the start), the second level of Boletaria Palace and the fourth level of Boletaria Palace (which is the unofficial final level). The final (3rd) level of the other 4 worlds are very short boss stages, and the other 2 levels in those four worlds have shortcuts.

Boletaria Palace
1-1

Spoiler

1-2
Spoiler

1-3
Spoiler

Stonefang
2-1
Spoiler

2-2
Spoiler

Latria
3-1
Spoiler

3-2
Spoiler

Shrine of Storms
4-1
Spoiler

4-2
Spoiler

Valley of Defilement
5-1
Spoiler

5-2
Spoiler

I feel like I should bookmark this post for when I start playing;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#852 Multicron

Multicron

Extreme OCD Victim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

What's the word on Rainbow Moon? I heard it was a mega-grindfest.

#853 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks getting,only and guardian owl, I'm saving this info.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#854 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Hmm.. I don't suppose there's any friend-specific online integration in Demon's Souls, is there? Being able to see friends' runs, or have their clues take precedence over others, or something?

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#855 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

You have no friends in Boletaria

#856 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hmm.. I don't suppose there's any friend-specific online integration in Demon's Souls, is there? Being able to see friends' runs, or have their clues take precedence over others, or something?

If there is I've never found it. Wish there were. Great idea! Perhaps they'll bundle/re-hd for the ps4 and it's potential 2k support and add that in, with the social sharing push they're doing. I know they claim 4k for video but not games, wonder if 2k games might come down the pipeline.

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#857 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

Nope, it's all "strangers in the night" style of helping / hurting (like what Journey later did) and the choice was deliberate.
Demon's Souls Director Hidetaka Miyazaki explains the origin of the multiplayer mechanic

"The origin of that idea is actually due to a personal experience where a car suddenly stopped on a hillside after some heavy snow and started to slip," says Miyazaki. "The car following me also got stuck, and then the one behind it spontaneously bumped into it and started pushing it up the hill... That's it! That's how everyone can get home! Then it was my turn and everyone started pushing my car up the hill, and I managed to get home safely.

"But I couldn't stop the car to say thanks to the people who gave me a shove. I'd have just got stuck again if I'd stopped. On the way back home I wondered whether the last person in the line had made it home, and thought that I would probably never meet the people who had helped me. I thought that maybe if we'd met in another place we'd become friends, or maybe we'd just fight...

"You could probably call it a connection of mutual assistance between transient people. Oddly, that incident will probably linger in my heart for a long time. Simply because it's fleeting, I think it stays with you a lot longer... like the cherry blossoms we Japanese love so much."

Guardian_owl.png

#858 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Nope, it's all "strangers in the night" style of helping / hurting (like what Journey later did) and the choice was deliberate.
Demon's Souls Director Hidetaka Miyazaki explains the origin of the multiplayer mechanic

wow, that's a really cool story. I love when stuff from developers day to day lives gets used in games, in very unexpected ways (a certain Nintendo developer comes to mind;)). For whatever reason, knowing the origin makes the online features a lot more interesting to me, but I guess I'm weird like that:bouncy:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#859 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

One of my favorite anecdotes about Demon's Souls is why it wasn't published in North America by Sony (they co-developed it and released it in Japan)

Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Worldwide Studios president

"For my personal experience with Demon's Souls, when it was close to final I spent close to two hours playing it, and after two hours I was still standing at the beginning of the game.
"I said, 'This is crap. This is an unbelievably bad game.' So I put it aside."

The ultimate rage quit.

Guardian_owl.png

#860 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

Ahh I see. Thank you guys for the clarification.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#861 KipKips

KipKips

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

wow, that's a really cool story. I love when stuff from developers day to day lives gets used in games, in very unexpected ways (a certain Nintendo developer comes to mind;)). For whatever reason, knowing the origin makes the online features a lot more interesting to me, but I guess I'm weird like that:bouncy:

Was that a Giygas reference? If so, props to you, sir.

#862 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

Was that a Giygas reference? If so, props to you, sir.

:rofl: I have no idea what that is sorry

#863 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

One of my favorite anecdotes about Demon's Souls is why it wasn't published in North America by Sony (they co-developed it and released it in Japan)

Shuhei Yoshida, Sony Worldwide Studios presidentThe ultimate rage quit.

I always get a laugh when reading that because after hours of playing I found myself still in 1-1. Once I finally beat 1-1 the feeling of victory was great since I died so many times.

#864 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:40 PM

I feel like I should bookmark this post for when I start playing;)

all the shortcuts come naturally, no need to bookmark. all are easily found via basic exploration, none are hidden. the post is great to refute the idea that there are no checkpoints, but you shouldn't need to feel like you need a list of them. you'll find them, no worries.

re: friend integration. please no. demon's souls has one of the most original and impressive online systems ever created, crippled only by some server related connectivity issues. but you're supposed to be playing with strangers, limited to only rudimentary gestures. embrace it. it's part of the very fabric of the game's universe. d*souls has never been about cooping through it with your buddy while talking about chicks, man. it's about a deep brew of isolation mixed with knowing others are going through the same thing at the same time (and seeing the ghosts of them dying).

#865 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

What's the word on Rainbow Moon? I heard it was a mega-grindfest.

It is. I gave up on it, because of how incredibly flat it was.

elessar123.png

#866 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

All affa's points about Demon's Souls are true, but unlike Dark Souls (which uses a more peer-to-peer system), it's pretty easy to co-op with friends in Demon's Souls if desired. Just make sure you're within the correct level range (+/- 10% to 10 I think?) and put your souls sign in an out of the way spot so your friend sees it before some random stranger.

But, and I can't stress this enough, you will really enjoy the game more if you try to play through it by yourself and only summon someone as a last resort. If someone runs you through all the traps/enemies and you lose that feeling of exploration/dread/isolation, you're missing out on what the game is all about.

#867 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

All affa's points about Demon's Souls are true, but unlike Dark Souls (which uses a more peer-to-peer system), it's pretty easy to co-op with friends in Demon's Souls if desired. Just make sure you're within the correct level range (+/- 10% to 10 I think?) and put your souls sign in an out of the way spot so your friend sees it before some random stranger.

But, and I can't stress this enough, you will really enjoy the game more if you try to play through it by yourself and only summon someone as a last resort. If someone runs you through all the traps/enemies and you lose that feeling of exploration/dread/isolation, you're missing out on what the game is all about.

I have no friends, so this won't be a problem:joystick:

#868 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Fuuuck, Spring Fever, looks like I'll be spending more money.

What are the chances that Okami HD will be discounted during the Spring Fever sale? Has it ever been lower than it's current $19.99 price point?

#869 KipKips

KipKips

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

It is. I gave up on it, because of how incredibly flat it was.

Rainbow Moon was easily one of the most boring games I've ever played. I've repeatedly pushed to try to keep playing it, but once the novelty wears off, you realize that you're going to be facing a metric ****-ton of enemies with very little differentiation between them, in what is a very slow and very non-engrossing SRPG battle system. Also, the story sucks and the translation is wanting.

Waste your time elsewhere, my friend.

#870 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Never tangle with the Best Friends Gang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

What are the chances that Okami HD will be discounted during the Spring Fever sale? Has it ever been lower than it's current $19.99 price point?

Probably about 32.33 (repeating of course) percentage of it going on sale...

Actually, it seems possible. It's been over 5 months since it released and since it's free over in EU, seems like they may want to put it on sale over here as well. It's never been less than $19.99 here before.

That being said, it's pretty easy to get a 30 Day PS+ Trial for EU regions, create an EU account on your PS3, reedem the trial, and download the PS+ EU games for you to play on your main account. As long as your willing to bump Okami HD to the top of your backlog and play it right away, it's a pretty sweet deal. That's what I'm doing with Okami right now and what a did with Sleeping Dogs a few months back. I'll be taking advantage of Thomas Was Alone at the end of the month as well.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!