Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#9601 U BE DA MAN

U BE DA MAN

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:17 PM

psa - Hotline Miami trophy patch out. Just got my plat. (a couple counters weren't working correctly before... dogs and windows now count. Earned it fast.

there is a teleport right next to where you spawn for the final boss that takes you to your ship. ammo isn't expensive. just go get some bolts and come back.

or, if you're going for the plat, and and want to cheese it, do the infinite bolt glitch, buy the r.y.n.o, and the final boss is cake. but the final boss isn't impossible using normal methods.

i know there is teleport but i was to lazy to go do that to get bolts and i wanted to move on to going commando. but since im suck on that game ill probably go back and beat the boss. i didnt know there was infinite bolt glitch so i might check that out and get the ryno.
3DS FC: 1607-2889-7755
Feel free to add me

#9602 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

i know there is teleport but i was to lazy to go do that to get bolts and i wanted to move on to going commando. but since im suck on that game ill probably go back and beat the boss. i didnt know there was infinite bolt glitch so i might check that out and get the ryno.

it's on the first race track map.  there's a certain corner you need to get in, then drop a decoy or two and it pushes you through the wall.  you walk about 20 feet then hover to the racetrack.   it's a slow process, like just under 1k a minute so you need to do it overnight.  but it's better than actually earning them.

I don't think anyone else answered your question, must've gotten lost. Trails in the Sky is just the first part of the trilogy (which is itself sort of a long series), the fans have been clamoring for the second and third parts for years, but with the state of the current PSP market (i.e. no one wants PSP games anymore) it's hard for XSeed to release the other two over here, especially when the scripts for the other two games are longer than full-on textbooks (no lie). I think someone had posted screenshots for the scripts and they were THICK. XSeed had been working on the translation of the second one, but with limited resources, even with fans of the first one clamoring for it, it's hard to justify business wise relasing the 2nd and 3rd ones because XSeed is not that big of a company.

Our only hope is XSeed localizing the HD Remastered ones for PS3, because people are definitely still buying PS3 RPGs. So you can pray for that

Thanks for that.  I never would have got that from the wiki... heck, even rereading the wikis knowing that doesn't help much.    it's surprising to me that translation is such an obstacle in this day and age.  i mean, i guess i understand, but so many games/comics/anime get fan translated at this point i'm surprised xseed can't crowd source somehow.  but even that wouldn't be free due to verification, etc, so.. yea.

I was confused when reading about PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD having four islands, though Deluxe only had three islands. I never saw any mention of what that fourth island was, but I just saw that it randomly generates new levels. So, yeah, if you thought that it had nothing new over Deluxe, that's kind of a huge new feature.

i believe the random island generator was ps3 dlc originally.

#9603 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

i believe the random island generator was ps3 dlc originally.

It was unlocked if you rainbowed every stage on the Encore island, which most people probably didn't know about much less were able to do that. Now it's available from the start, so it's pretty much a new feature for Ultimate HD.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9604 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Took me 4 plays to get 1m bolts.

For Cheaters =)

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9605 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Since we're talking about ratchet and clank already, I might as well ask. Anyone else have audio issues with the first game? To me, the sound effects are way too loud but the voices during cutscenes are too quiet. I tried messing around with the setting to no avail, so I just have to mess with my tv volume everytime a cutscene comes on.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#9606 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

Took me 4 plays to get 1m bolts.

For Cheaters =)

Ok, I love these games...but if you played the first one four times through, you are insane. I had to end up playing the third one 3 times because for some reason the 1M bolt trophy on that game glitched on me 3 times, and I couldn't get it.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

The worst thing you could do is overcook a trout. I wish I could cook it less.

#9607 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Since we're talking about ratchet and clank already, I might as well ask. Anyone else have audio issues with the first game? To me, the sound effects are way too loud but the voices during cutscenes are too quiet. I tried messing around with the setting to no avail, so I just have to mess with my tv volume everytime a cutscene comes on.

I haven't had any audio issues that I can recall, but the game does seem to be WAY darker than I remember. I have to turn my TV's brightness way up and it is still pretty dark. Is it just me, or has anyone else experienced this?

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#9608 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Livestreaming Cloudberry Kingdom again for those that want to check it out:

Edit: It's over.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#9609 U BE DA MAN

U BE DA MAN

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

i have the same problem and i couldn't fix it, also i could be wrong but aren't there only some cut scenes that have subtitles which make it worse
3DS FC: 1607-2889-7755
Feel free to add me

#9610 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:35 PM

Just an FYI to anyone who bought the PoP Trilogy - there is a glitch in Warrior Within - if you do the water tower first instead of the mechanical tower.  I can't get the levers in the water garden to come up, even though the cut scene showed them as up.

Can't see to find a work around anywhere on the interwebz, and I've only been using one save slot.  FML.  I don't really want to restart the whole fucking game again.

#9611 Mad Martigan

Mad Martigan

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

I haven't had any audio issues that I can recall, but the game does seem to be WAY darker than I remember. I have to turn my TV's brightness way up and it is still pretty dark. Is it just me, or has anyone else experienced this?

I don't have the R&C Collection but I had the exact same issues when playing Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee with sound effects being really loud and voices very low. And I know Oddworld games have always been pretty dark but I had to turn up the brightness on my TV cause I could not see much of anything. Wonder if it's the way some of these HD remakes are being handled?

#9612 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

The Guacamelee challenge rooms can go Fuck themselves.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9613 twiceborn

twiceborn

SAY WHAT?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

Anyone know if Dragons Crown (Vita) will have a discount if bought from the PS store?

"When I die, I want to go just like my grandpa, peacefully and in my sleep,... not kicking and screaming like all of his passengers."

Joker: It seems he finally took the stick out of his a#*, but now he wants to beat people to death with it.

#9614 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

The Guacamelee challenge rooms can go Fuck themselves.

I had problems with the hits challenges, rest where a cake walk.

Room 2 - use goat fly,with costume El Portero to get 500+ hits

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Selling Thief , 2nd Son Ps4 - Phan  Walking Dead S2 + Jeopardy Phan Ps3

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#9615 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:53 PM

I had problems with the hits challenges, rest where a cake walk.

Room 2 - use goat fly,with costume El Portero to get 500+ hits

I actually just saw your tip on PS3T.org, I'll have to try that out.

It sucks cause I can't find any videos on YouTube for some of the rooms.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#9616 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:50 AM

My PS+ subscription lapsed but I can still download and play all the free games.

Happened to anyone else?

#9617 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'm back!  Did everyone miss me?  Anyone even notice I was gone?...

Anyway, I'm completely overwhelmed on trying to catch up with everything I missed on CAG while I was gone.  Quick thoughts on PixelJunk Monsters Vita: It's pretty awesome and well worth $12.  Looks really good, plays well and oh man is it hard.  I at least like to think that I'm slightly above average at tower defense games but this was almost all I played while I was on vacation and I still only beat maybe seven levels.  Still kept playing the levels I was failing over and over trying to find the formula to get past them and didn't mind the high difficulty at all.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#9618 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:24 AM

Downloaded Defiance since it's only $10. Played about 20 minutes and the game is much better than I expected.

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#9619 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:06 AM

Welcome back, thread has been pretty quiet lately while you've been away (coincidence?) :grouphug:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#9620 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

Who are you?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

#9621 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:45 AM

Downloaded Defiance since it's only $10. Played about 20 minutes and the game is much better than I expected.

I'm tempted to buy it. I might as well.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#9622 Joker13z

Joker13z

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

I missed you buddy!  :grouphug:  GROUP HUG PEOPLE!!!

#9623 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

so i  picked up Max Payne 3 back on release and played a few hours of it before putting it down.  Maybe... the equivalent of half of it?   I ended up selling it.  I don't really remember it fondly, but i don't think i hated it... just didn't catch.

Is it worth grabbing and giving another shot?

#9624 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

My PS+ subscription lapsed but I can still download and play all the free games.

Happened to anyone else?

You should go check your bank account or something, they have probably charged you already.

#9625 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:11 AM

so i  picked up Max Payne 3 back on release and played a few hours of it before putting it down.  Maybe... the equivalent of half of it?   I ended up selling it.  I don't really remember it fondly, but i don't think i hated it... just didn't catch.

If you played half the game and didn't like it, why would you rebuy it?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

#9626 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:23 AM

I can't think of any game where playing half of it would not indicate whether or not the second half was worth playing.  If you don't have positive memories of the first half, it sounds like you already have your answer.

#9627 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

maybe? i hear people love the game.   so maybe it just wasn't jiving w/ me at the time.   it was during the big kmart super coupon chain thing, so i had to beat and sell, beat and sell, to keep afloat.   max payne 3 didn't 'grab' me, so... i sold it.  doesn't mean i actually gave it a fair chance, since it's not like i'm always in the mood for a 3rd person shooter. 

i'm wondering if people here think it's a steal at 7.50 or not and worth giving a second chance.

#9628 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

So I've made it to stage 11 in Dokoru. People keep saying it gets better as you go along, so I keep waiting for that. With 16 stages total, I'm going to go ahead and say this game is a good...9 stages too long.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

#9629 Kaiselius

Kaiselius

Serial Self-Molester

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:58 AM

Is Defiance any good? I enjoyed the show and I've been looking fr a replacement mmo ever since SE murdered Final Fantasy XI, but so far nothings been a good fit.

#9630 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

So I've made it to stage 11 in Dokoru. People keep saying it gets better as you go along, so I keep waiting for that. With 16 stages total, I'm going to go ahead and say this game is a good...9 stages too long.

agreed. i got where you are a few monthes back and just put it down.

TheFurryPanda.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+