Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#1111 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

No Borderlands 2 DLC discounts for PS+? Or am I not reading this right?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1112 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Time to finally get Borderlands 2. I won't be waiting for the GOTY edition, as I've read that the DLC has been crappy.

I can't agree with that at all. The DLC has been fantastic, and introduces some very funny an awesome moments to BL2. Each expansion adds roughly a 4-5 hours campaign with some extremely hard bosses to fight. I have loved every minute of each of the expansions so far. I recommend waiting for the GOTY, or at least wait until the DLC goes on sale and pick it up then.

#1113 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

seems like no ps+ discount for bl2 dlc? 7.50 down from 9.99... eh, id bite if $5, but idk.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#1114 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

seems like no ps+ discount for bl2 dlc? 7.50 down from 9.99... eh, id bite if $5, but idk.

No, that's why it's not listed in the PS+ section.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#1115 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

The publisher makes the decision to drop the price. It'll happen on Xbox Live at some point.

Right but is EA still the publisher or has it reverted to Rhode Island? I assume it's EA as the DLC is still on the networks.

Just strange as now the PS3 version will be $20 cheaper than 360, either via download or at GS (used copy on PS3 will surely drop tomorrow to $17.99 to match a $20 new MSRP while the 360 version stays at $39.99 used.)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#1116 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Nope and I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have a plus sale or at least a sale on the Season Pass. I think at this point I'll just wait for the GOTY combo.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1117 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:38 PM

Borderlands 2 trades in for $23.80 to Gamestop after PUR 10% and preorder bonus 30% (you could just cancel the preorder later anyways). Just letting you guys know since some of you guys want to trade it in. You could even just use the credit to buy a PSN card and pick up BL or something else.

512847.png

#1118 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

God of war psp games for 15 still feels expensive. Am i being a cheap. lol

#1119 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Right but is EA still the publisher or has it reverted to Rhode Island? I assume it's EA as the DLC is still on the networks.

Just strange as now the PS3 version will be $20 cheaper than 360, either via download or at GS (used copy on PS3 will surely drop tomorrow to $17.99 to match a $20 new MSRP while the 360 version stays at $39.99 used.)

If EA weren't the publisher, it would've been removed from the store instead of getting price drops.

https://store.sonyen...OARECKONINGFULL

It's $29.99 on Xbox Live, which is what it was on PSN before the drop today:

http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541093e

#1120 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

WOW! Bayonetta character for only $.99?! i could have waited 2 weeks and got it for like half price but i really wanted that Bayonetta dlc. oh wellz. havnt even touched yet, my fail...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed what an amazingly fair price that was for the Bayonetta DLC for Anarchy Reigns. I was thinking it would be $5, which I would have been OK with and bought when I finally started the game (which will be soon, after I finish Okami HD). For $0.99, I'll pick it up tonight. Man, what a great price! :applause:

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1121 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:02 PM

HEADS UP TO THE CAVE PLAYERS:

_I just loaded it and was welcomed to a title update. After.install, it nuked my save data. I had to use my cloud backup, which works fine

#1122 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

does anyone know how many courses are in Hot Shots out of bounds? And is it worth the price, Thanks..

#1123 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Will there be more sales next week or is that all?

#1124 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

does anyone know how many courses are in Hot Shots out of bounds? And is it worth the price, Thanks..

If you like Hot Shots Golf, it's well worth it. There are eight courses total not counting mirrored versions of each course.

Will there be more sales next week or is that all?

For Spring Fever? The schedule's been posted at the link below:

http://www.cheapassg...&postcount=1057

#1125 gindias

gindias

Cubs Still Suck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Borderlands 2 trades in for $23.80 to Gamestop after PUR 10% and preorder bonus 30% (you could just cancel the preorder later anyways). Just letting you guys know since some of you guys want to trade it in. You could even just use the credit to buy a PSN card and pick up BL or something else.

PS3 version is trading for $15 base at my GS, I just got back from checking out the bargain bin deals they put up Monday.

#1126 johnoralex

johnoralex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

I would love to try jeane d arc, but I've read that it wont transfer to the vita...

#1127 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

I would love to try jeane d arc, but I've read that it wont transfer to the vita...

It's one of those games you have to buy on your PS3, then transfer it over from PS3 to Vita. I had to do that with Valkyria Chronicles 2, another game not listed on the Vita's PS Store.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1128 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:02 AM

Is Hot Shots Golf similar to Pangya and whatever it was called on Wii? (Super Swing Golf?) I want a silly storyline and tons of unlockable items.

How does Sega Bass Fishing compare to the Dreamcast version compare to the Wii version? Hopefully, there's no Nights/Samba de Amigo-ish issues.

#1129 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

No, that's why it's not listed in the PS+ section.

Nope and I'm a bit disappointed they didn't have a plus sale or at least a sale on the Season Pass. I think at this point I'll just wait for the GOTY combo.

Ah :( And I was hoping for the off chance that Frisky forgot to put the BL2 DLC PS+ sale here.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1130 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

If EA weren't the publisher, it would've been removed from the store instead of getting price drops.

https://store.sonyen...OARECKONINGFULL

It's $29.99 on Xbox Live, which is what it was on PSN before the drop today:

http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541093e

My bad, thought it was $39.99 on GoD.

#1131 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I can't agree with that at all. The DLC has been fantastic, and introduces some very funny an awesome moments to BL2. Each expansion adds roughly a 4-5 hours campaign with some extremely hard bosses to fight. I have loved every minute of each of the expansions so far. I recommend waiting for the GOTY, or at least wait until the DLC goes on sale and pick it up then.

I wish I was playing the same DLC as you, since I thought they all (minus Torgue) were absolute trash. Especially the "Extremely hard" bosses, which all boil down to DPS checks. Typically people kill these "extremely hard" bosses in under a minute (some in the seconds) for loot.

Off(ish)topic ~

I still have one of the Torgue DLC vouchers from a while back. I have no clue if it works, but if someone wants it... just message me / reply here and I'll give it to the person who I think "gave" the most back to the community.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1132 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

Is Hot Shots Golf similar to Pangya and whatever it was called on Wii? (Super Swing Golf?) I want a silly storyline and tons of unlockable items.

How does Sega Bass Fishing compare to the Dreamcast version compare to the Wii version? Hopefully, there's no Nights/Samba de Amigo-ish issues.

There's no story, but I believe Pangya's a Hot Shots Golf clone so the mechanics should be familiar.

#1133 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

Has anyone played ---

Hyperballoid HD - $2.99
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $19.99

Also --

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
solid game. got bored after around 20 hours, but solid game. combat/weapons are really well implemented, but the characters/plot is a bit meh.

Yggdra Union - PSP - $4.99
an absolute steal. really cool combat system. i have this on my psp account, will rebuy to my vita.

Jeanne D’Arc - PSP - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
great game. if it was 9.99 i'd rebuy.

#1134 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:29 AM

Has anyone played ---

Hyperballoid HD - $2.99
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $19.99

Also --

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - $19.99 - Permanent Price Drop
solid game. got bored after around 20 hours, but solid game. combat/weapons are really well implemented, but the characters/plot is a bit meh.

Yggdra Union - PSP - $4.99
an absolute steal. really cool combat system. i have this on my psp account, will rebuy to my vita.

Jeanne D’Arc - PSP - $14.99 - Permanent Price Drop
great game. if it was 9.99 i'd rebuy.

I played Hyperballoid HD, it's basically just Arkanoid.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1135 johnoralex

johnoralex

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

It's one of those games you have to buy on your PS3, then transfer it over from PS3 to Vita. I had to do that with Valkyria Chronicles 2, another game not listed on the Vita's PS Store.

Awesome thanks, I did the same thing with Valkyria Chronicles 2 and suikoden, but for some reason someone told me it wouldn't work with Jeanne d arc.

#1136 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

The PS3 Store has this sale banner up :
https://store.sonyen...3006/1080591051

But nowhere either in the store or on the blog does it say what the free gift is. Does anyone know?

decker%2001.jpg

#1137 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

But nowhere either in the store or on the blog does it say what the free gift is. Does anyone know?

Smart money says...
Spoiler

edit~

Friend bought and told me he just got the PS3 / Vita games.

Edited by admiralvic, 10 April 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#1138 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

if you haven't played Jeanne D'arc and like SRPGS, it's definitely worth a pickup at that price. one of the best ones in a long time. only ding is that it won't have trophies, obviously.

#1139 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Maybe they mean one of the wallpapers?

#1140 Sophrosync

Sophrosync

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

When was the Vita game on sale for under $10? Even during the Vita anniversary sale it was still $17. Been waiting on that one to hit a good price digitally, it would if the normal PSN price wasn't still $40.

It was after the anniversary sale when they announced some new DLC for the game. I'm too lazy to look it up...

You're wrong.

The game itself was on sale for $17.63 on 2/26 as a part of the Vita Anniversary sale and it hasn't been on sale since then. The DLC pack was on sale for $8.99 on 3/19, which I'm guessing is what you thought was the full game.

AFAIK the cheapest Hot Shots Golf: WI has ever been was just before Christmas last year, $8.74 for PS+ members.