Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#1141 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:59 AM

The OP is fully updated for the impatient.

Has anyone played ---

Hyperballoid HD - $2.99
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes - $19.99

Hyperballoid HD is a boring Arkanoid clone that doesn't even have online leaderboards, so there's no replay value. Get Magic Orbz instead if you want an Arkanoid clone that is really good.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#1142 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Vita update is finally up, it seems. Downloading it now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1143 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Vita update is finally up, it seems. Downloading it now.

Thanks!!

#1144 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

any feedback on:
Page Chronica ($6.99)
Amy ($1.99

ps - thanks for the no gos on the Arkanoid clone. Still looking for anyone who has played Sherlock Holmes.

#1145 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Can someone confirm that the 2.10 update still limits you to 100 apps for the entire system? This makes no sense, I'm holding on to the slim chance that they meant 100 per page with the folders.

#1146 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

Can someone confirm that the 2.10 update still limits you to 100 apps for the entire system? This makes no sense, I'm holding on to the slim chance that they meant 100 per page with the folders.

100 entire system.

#1147 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:51 AM

http://blog.us.plays...-update-v-2-10/

Create folders to more easily manage your favorite application icons on the home screen, with up to 10 icons in each folder and a maximum of 100 on the home screen (including icons inside the folders).

#1148 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

I'm hearing the 100 app limit is still in place. Also, the card icon that shows which game is in your Vita is to the left of the clock, though it's REALLY hard to see that it's just the artwork on the game card. Edit: Yeah, what the two above me said.

Also, to create a folder, press any area on the main menu for it to allow you to re-arrange games, then press the "..." button next to a game, then "Create Folder". You can fit 10 apps in a folder & rename it. While 10 seems limiting (guess since that's how many can fit on screen, that's how much they could work with), it's nice that I can fit all my PSP games, PSN downloads, & the misc. stuff like friends, maps, browser, etc. into their own separate folders, making the main menu much more clean & going down from 4 screens to just two.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1149 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

Fuuuuuu-
Well, at least we have the ability to save icon locations when we swap cards, makes things much easier for us.

#1150 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

Fuuuuuu-
Well, at least we have the ability to save icon locations when we swap cards, makes things much easier for us.

Seriously, long time coming with my multiple memory cards.

#1151 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Fuuuuuu-

Ooo, didn't know that, definitely a plus.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1152 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

does anyone know how many courses are in Hot Shots out of bounds? And is it worth the price, Thanks..

Weighing in on "is it worth the price...". Absolutely.
Posted Image

#1153 MildObstruction

MildObstruction

the artist formerly known as pete not pete

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

So guacamelee is awesome. The last 3 hours of my night just disappeared.

MildObstruction.png

#1154 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

any feedback on:
Page Chronica ($6.99)
Amy ($1.99

ps - thanks for the no gos on the Arkanoid clone. Still looking for anyone who has played Sherlock Holmes.

There's a demo for Page Chronica, but I wouldn't even recommend trying it. You can skip it at this price.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1155 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Really liking this Vita update, probably one of the best so far. Finally some organization! Btw does your icons save automatically or is there somewhere you have to tell it to save. Also double tapping an icon in edit mode will also bring up the create folder, delete, etc menu.

723268.png

#1156 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:26 AM

any feedback on:
Page Chronica ($6.99)
Amy ($1.99

I have not played Amy and I have yet to see a fellow cags post that he/she liked that game. Its like its not even a debate that the game is really really bad. With that said... Its $2 very cheap tho it could def get cheaper(doubt sony will embarrass themselves by offering this for free to + folks lol). If i ever have that much left after getting a $20 card this weekend I will buy this game just to witness a trainwreck of a game. Like I know before coming into this game its horrible, but how horrible can it get? I would like to know:D.

Finally a vita folders update. Its been a long time coming.:)

What im playing: 
|  :ps3: Dark Souls II :pray:   |  :vita: Spenlunky |

Recently completed:
- Grand Theft Auto V ( Great game, one of the best this gen )
The Last of Us  ( incredible game. gets the "Most honest and appropriate ending ever" award and goty )

#1157 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

Is it just me or is the Borderlands Bundle $20.99 for PS+ price? Because that's a pretty solid deal considering Borderlands 2 itself is $19.99
Posted Image

#1158 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

Is it just me or is the Borderlands Bundle $20.99 for PS+ price? Because that's a pretty solid deal considering Borderlands 2 itself is $19.99

its pretty good if you didn't get borderlands 1 from ps+ already. OR if you'd just like to own it for a buck with the second game.

TheFurryPanda.png

#1159 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I just updated my Vita for the first time since it joined plus, is there a setting I need to change to auto-upload game saves or does it just happen?

#1160 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:11 AM

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I just updated my Vita for the first time since it joined plus, is there a setting I need to change to auto-upload game saves or does it just happen?

In the Setting section, check under the "Playstation Network" button, then to "Automatic Update Setting" and check the stuff you want.
Posted Image

#1161 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:13 AM

You have to set it up through the Content Manager app.

Online Storage > Vita to Online Storage

Click the "i" button to set each game to automatically upload saves for you and then it'll upload them later on while the system is sleeping. Or if you want to do it right then, just click select all and upload them manually. Card saves can also be uploaded as long as you have the card in the slot at that time.

Then go to the Settings app. PlayStation Network > Automatic Update Settings > Upload Saved Data to Online Storage

#1162 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but to all the people who own the Playstation Card from Capital One, do you actually use the card? I know a lot of people signed up for one a while back to take advantage of the year of PS+ and $50 PSN gift card, but is it actually a good rewards card if you make many PSN purchases? Do your points build up fast and are the rewards any good? Plenty of people probably just leave it sitting there since there's no fees
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1163 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Intensely attracted to severe personality problems.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but to all the people who own the Playstation Card from Capital One, do you actually use the card? I know a lot of people signed up for one a while back to take advantage of the year of PS+ and $50 PSN gift card, but is it actually a good rewards card if you make many PSN purchases? Do your points build up fast and are the rewards any good? Plenty of people probably just leave it sitting there since there's no fees

10X points on all PlayStation®Network purchases

3X points on all PlayStation® and Sony® purchases at Sony stores, Sony.com and authorized retailers*

3X points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill

1X points on all other purchases

The points will build up exactly based on how much you spend. You can browse all the rewards right here. I've only ever looked at games and PSN cards there, they're usually priced at a penny per point (as in a $20 PSN card is 2000 points). I leave the card on my PSN account, but I haven't actually funded from that account in months since usually I use BB Reward Zone certs or other gift cards to buy PSN card.

This discussion has popped up here before I think. I personally don't use my Playstation Card at all, I much prefer a cash back card. You can make cash go farther than Sony Rewards points.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#1164 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

10X points on all PlayStation®Network purchases

3X points on all PlayStation® and Sony® purchases at Sony stores, Sony.com and authorized retailers*

3X points at quick service restaurants, movie theaters and on your mobile phone bill

1X points on all other purchases

The points will build up exactly based on how much you spend. You can browse all the rewards right here. I've only ever looked at games and PSN cards there, they're usually priced at a penny per point (as in a $20 PSN card is 2000 points). I leave the card on my PSN account, but I haven't actually funded from that account in months since usually I use BB Reward Zone certs or other gift cards to buy PSN card.

This discussion has popped up here before I think. I personally don't use my Playstation Card at all, I much prefer a cash back card. You can make cash go farther than Sony Rewards points.

Thanks for the fast response! Looks like I'll be sticking to PSN cards
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#1165 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

In the Setting section, check under the "Playstation Network" button, then to "Automatic Update Setting" and check the stuff you want.

You have to set it up through the Content Manager app.

Online Storage > Vita to Online Storage

Click the "i" button to set each game to automatically upload saves for you and then it'll upload them later on while the system is sleeping. Or if you want to do it right then, just click select all and upload them manually. Card saves can also be uploaded as long as you have the card in the slot at that time.

Then go to the Settings app. PlayStation Network > Automatic Update Settings > Upload Saved Data to Online Storage

Thank ye kindly gentlemen, got it set.

#1166 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:53 AM

My backlog is telling me no, but the CAG in me is saying hop on Borderlands. Tried the trial the other day of 1 and enjoyed it. Not sure when I'll get around to them, but the deal is amazing!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#1167 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

any feedback on:
...Amy ($1.99...

I tried to play through the forgettable demo of it on 360 quite a while back.
It was terrible, awful enough that I won't consider even buying it for $2. [-(
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1168 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

That random psn money that got sent out to "random" users was actually sony apologizing for us buying Amy

#1169 dncarolyn

dncarolyn

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Tempted to re-buy Jeanne D'Arc which I never finished on PSP, but I seem to remember it being extremely difficult. Enemies spawning on top of you, turn count limits, restrictions like "no one is allowed to die". Not sure if I'm willing to try again at $15.

Can't wait to pick up Guacamelee with my $20 of incoming PSN credit :D

#1170 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

Tempted to re-buy Jeanne D'Arc which I never finished on PSP, but I seem to remember it being extremely difficult. Enemies spawning on top of you, turn count limits, restrictions like "no one is allowed to die". Not sure if I'm willing to try again at $15.

It isn't that hard. You just have to learn to use the rock paper scissors combat and attack enemies with the proper type of units.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+