Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#1201 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Suggestion for new thread title Frisky:

"PSN Weekly Deals - THE SPEND $50/GET $10 CREDITS WILL BE IN YOUR ACCOUNT BY 4/12!"

TY! :lol:

#1202 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah but EU scrapes the bottom of the barrel when it comes to overall treatment by the game industry. If Sony wants to give the street urchin of the gaming world a few extra scraps so be it.

I think that Sony is doing a smart thing by giving the worst area to live a bit more when it comes to gaming, even if it's their rental service.

Europe is the worst area to live? Time and time again you prove your ineptness and it's a wonder why no one visits your site.

#1203 Zimm108

Zimm108

CAGist formally known as QuarterRoy00

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

"PSN Weekly Deals - THE SPEND $50/GET $10 CREDITS WILL BE IN YOUR ACCOUNT BY 4/12!"

That implies people read the whole title, which past posts have proven incorrect.

#1204 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

Has anyone tried out Yggdra Union? How's the game?

if you're into the genre, it's fantastic. one of the most interesting combat mechanics i've come across. highly recommended.

re: Jeanne D'Arc

Well, to each their own. Admittedly I wasn't much of an sprg player when I first tried it,

You may have an easier time with it now that you're more experienced. Perhaps your characters were underleveled or something... i mean, sure, some levels provide a challenge... but if they didn't, that would be even worse than being too hard (since you can grind if you really need to in order to deal with challenge, but if it's too easy you're just bored).

#1205 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

just wanted to add my voice to the pile -- i'm much happier with the US ps+ game selection. This isn't to say EU doesn't get gems... but so do we. But for a long time, people keep comparing a single week of US vs. a month of EU and created what i feel to be an unnecessarily harsh view of what we've actually gotten with US+. It's an absolutely fantastic program.

#1206 rpghope18

rpghope18

Never enough RPG's!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Well it's obvious after 61 pages about 1/3 of the posts are one of the following:

- People asking when we get our $10 credit for $50 spent.
- People asking about a game opinion when the previous 4+ pages had people giving in-depth opinions about said game, but can't look back.
- Every week people debating PSN+ for US and EU, and how their view is always correct and everyone else arguing the fact is wrong.

YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS BY NOW!!

RPGHope18.png

#1207 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:08 PM

I know that the spend $50/get $10 credits will be distributed on 4.12.

How about the spend $100/get $20 credits? When will I get that?

Actual relevance: EU PS+ doesn't get Vita games? Why not?

#1208 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Hey guys,
Is the Borderlands version on sale the GOTY version, or standard? I am trying to debate if I want to buy one, or both, of these games since I have PS+ for another 2 weeks. However, I have a huge backlog, AND I'm still pretty pissed about what Gearbox did to Aliens Colonial Marines. And I REALLY don't want to support Borderlands.

But if I can get Borderlands 1 GOTY for $7..... that's a hard pill to turn down. I really can't make a decision :-k

And Fuck me..... PS All Stars goes on sale 4/30, the same day my PS+ expires..... damn. If that got cheap enough, I'd have been all over it.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1209 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

looking over the full list of EU+ titles, I have to say I've changed my mind. Though Okami would be nice, I'd much rather have Labyrinth Legends and the two upcoming games than War in the North:puke:

I think that people (myself included), hear that a big game is coming to EU, and forget that it's really almost always ONE good game, and then a bunch of filler. Personally I'd take 2-3 good games over one possibly great one, but maybe I'm just weird like that.

Either way though, PS+ is a fantastic service whichever way you get it. So many games I'd never even considered or heard of, that are actually a lot of fun. Subscribing is easily one of the best decisions I've made in gaming\\:D/
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#1210 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Worst area to live? Are you 1920's guy?

I think he just means in regards to when/what games are released in the EU and their prices, etc.

Though obviously the worst place to be a gamer is Australia.

Or, you know...

Sudan.

#1211 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

Hey guys,
Is the Borderlands version on sale the GOTY version, or standard? I am trying to debate if I want to buy one, or both, of these games since I have PS+ for another 2 weeks. However, I have a huge backlog, AND I'm still pretty pissed about what Gearbox did to Aliens Colonial Marines. And I REALLY don't want to support Borderlands.

But if I can get Borderlands 1 GOTY for $7..... that's a hard pill to turn down. I really can't make a decision :-k

I'm all but certain it's the vanilla edition, which can be found on disc for $10-15 pretty easily (so not a huge savings). GOTY digital copies are usually labeled as such, or as an Ultimate Edition. Only seems worth it IMO to get the BL2 combo, with BL1 for essentially $1
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#1212 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Second the recommendation of Yggdra Union. It's got a unique combat system for a SRPG, and has a decent story with strong voice acting throughout. I enjoyed it.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1213 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

Of course, taste and usefulness is highly subjective to each person. For me, it's pretty much all about having PS3 and Vita games, cloud save back-up, automatic updates, discounts, and the other benefits I get with US PS+ while I'd only get PS3 games on EU PS+, which wouldn't be worth it to me. It's no contest that US PS+ is way better for me.

I was specifically referring to IGC only and not the total + benefits, but you can legitimately disagree with me on that too if that's the case, no sweat here. Personally, I'm into plus mostly for the IGC.

I base this on how new the games are and how big the name of the game has been. Even if you only based it on the newness of the primary PS3 game offered each month, Okami HD and Demon Souls, less than one year vs ~4 years old, respectively and there are unending examples of this. Demon Souls is of course a fablous high profile game, but then again, very old.

Again, I'm only talking about IGC, not the total plus package. Yes, I acknowledge some segment likes to get unpopular, excuse, me, less well known stuff that could be "gems". I'm going to guess US gamers are far more likely to purchase the higher profile games like Batman AC when they are newer, so perhaps that is a regional difference that influences our IGC as well.

I've actually been a lot happier with Plus the last couple months, I don't buy games new very often, so a game like Demon's Souls is new to me. Still, I think very strongly that the EU IGC offers are highly superior, yes my opinion. I still really don't think it's that debateable regardless of personal preference, oh just shoot me already.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#1214 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Europe is the worst area to live? Time and time again you prove your ineptness and it's a wonder why no one visits your site.

For games? Yes, yes it is.
Way to twist what I said though, bravo!

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1215 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

I think he just means in regards to when/what games are released in the EU and their prices, etc.

Though obviously the worst place to be a gamer is Australia.

Or, you know...

Sudan.

I have a lot of friends in Australia that would agree, gaming there is horrible and looking for work in the industry is worse.

Thank you for not twisting what I said though, I appreciate it.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1216 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I'm all but certain it's the vanilla edition, which can be found on disc for $10-15 pretty easily (so not a huge savings). GOTY digital copies are usually labeled as such, or as an Ultimate Edition. Only seems worth it IMO to get the BL2 combo, with BL1 for essentially $1

The fact that all the DLC Is also on sale seems a pretty clear indicator that it is just the vanilla version.

#1217 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

I see, thanks for clarifying. I probably will pass on it, I don't have time to play half the games I have now anyways.

The fact that all the DLC Is also on sale seems a pretty clear indicator that it is just the vanilla version.

Not necessarily. I am pretty sure I have seen multiple sales where all versions of a game + all of it's DLC were on sale. Mortal Kombat and Assassin's Creed in particular come to mind.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#1218 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Hey guys,

And Fuck me..... PS All Stars goes on sale 4/30, the same day my PS+ expires..... damn. If that got cheap enough, I'd have been all over it.

It would be called Borderlands Game of the Year Edition if that's what it was, so no, it's not that. I make sure to label the games properly to note that sort of stuff.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 10 April 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#1219 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Actual relevance: EU PS+ doesn't get Vita games? Why not?

I think you're probably referring to Frisky's comment. He meant that an EU PS+ subscription for someone living in the US doesn't allow you to get the free Vita games that are given out over there. At least I think that's what he meant. EU PS+ definitely gets Vita games, they're getting Virtue's Last Reward and Thomas Was Alone this month.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1220 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

Of course, taste and usefulness is highly subjective to each person. For me, it's pretty much all about having PS3 and Vita games, cloud save back-up, automatic updates, discounts, and the other benefits I get with US PS+ while I'd only get PS3 games on EU PS+, which wouldn't be worth it to me. It's no contest that US PS+ is way better for me.

Isn't this borderline semantics? All features are account related (not region related), so you're basically actively deciding that you won't get said features, over getting actual features. Additionally, automatic updates I believe are a "system wide" feature, so if you had a EU plus account, you could set it on that account and they would automatically update. You can also move your saves from 1 user profile to another and then upload them online (not automatically, but still cloud back up in a sense). Finally EU offers their own discounts and if you switched your Vita over, then you could fully capitalize on it.

Obviously this reply is just as semantic, but my point is that they're universal features and completely irrelevant to their point.

I was specifically referring to IGC only and not the total + benefits, but you can legitimately disagree with me on that too if that's the case, no sweat here. Personally, I'm into plus mostly for the IGC.

I base this on how new the games are and how big the name of the game has been. Even if you only based it on the newness of the primary PS3 game offered each month, Okami HD and Demon Souls, less than one year vs ~4 years old, respectively and there are unending examples of this. Demon Souls is of course a fablous high profile game, but then again, very old.

Again, I'm only talking about IGC, not the total plus package. Yes, I acknowledge some segment likes to get unpopular, excuse, me, less well known stuff that could be "gems". I'm going to guess US gamers are far more likely to purchase the higher profile games like Batman AC when they are newer, so perhaps that is a regional difference that influences our IGC as well.

I've actually been a lot happier with Plus the last couple months, I don't buy games new very often, so a game like Demon's Souls is new to me. Still, I think very strongly that the EU IGC offers are highly superior, yes my opinion. I still really don't think it's that debateable regardless of personal preference, oh just shoot me already.

While I would love to say the difference was closer, EU is without a doubt the best (Japan is the best for Vita though). I think the problem with the US is the lack of listening to what people want and perhaps just accepting whatever they can get. Like I personally enjoy fighting games myself, but they really need to offer less of them. Before someone replies with a rational of the variety of genre's (like Frisky was thinking of doing), I would like to point out that we've gotten a fairly large percent of the "true" fighters released over the past few years. Hopefully things will work out better in the future, but I really don't see the US getting better.

I think you're probably referring to Frisky's comment. He meant that an EU PS+ subscription for someone living in the US doesn't allow you to get the free Vita games that are given out over there. At least I think that's what he meant. EU PS+ definitely gets Vita games, they're getting Virtue's Last Reward and Thomas Was Alone this month.

He is electing to use his US account over the EU one. You can of course download them if you change the account.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1221 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:44 PM

"On of around", not by. It sounds like the credits might be coming in throughout the whole weekend would be my guess since there likely a lot to send out.

#1222 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Pepsi sucks. Coke is way better. Sure, I could just start drinking Coke but it's more fun to keep drinking Pepsi and whine about how much better Coke is.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#1223 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

"On of around", not by. It sounds like the credits might be coming in throughout the whole weekend would be my guess since there likely a lot to send out.

The original PS Blog post said before April 12.

We’ll be sending out your earned credit before April 12 via e-mail and XMB Message on your PS3! Let us know what you’ll be buying this March in the comments, and make sure to get all your purchases through April 1. Happy gaming!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1224 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

Pepsi sucks. Coke is way better. Sure, I could just start drinking Coke but it's more fun to keep drinking Pepsi and whine about how much better Coke is.

Your stupid. Pepsi is clearly the best! Its the choice of the new generation remember!?!

Of course I am kidding. I always love your sarcastic comments that include topics that come out of left field.

Anyway, I think I will play some Labrynth Legends tonight and try and finish it over the next day or two since it isnt supposed to be a long game. Seems like a good time waster before I start my next big game (Sleeping Dogs I think).

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#1225 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

For games? Yes, yes it is.
Way to twist what I said though, bravo!

That's still wrong. In addition to Australia, see Brazil, China, Russia, Latin countries, and anywhere else where the industry doesn't have an official presence. Hell, even places where there are established retail channels like Japan have it worse than most of Europe.

#1226 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

Isn't this borderline semantics? All features are account related (not region related), so you're basically actively deciding that you won't get said features, over getting actual features. Additionally, automatic updates I believe are a "system wide" feature, so if you had a EU plus account, you could set it on that account and they would automatically update. You can also move your saves from 1 user profile to another and then upload them online (not automatically, but still cloud back up in a sense). Finally EU offers their own discounts and if you switched your Vita over, then you could fully capitalize on it.

Obviously this reply is just as semantic, but my point is that they're universal features and completely irrelevant to their point.

When I subscribe to PS+, I'm signing up for the whole package because these things affect every single game on the system and not just the few games we also get for free each month. If I'm not getting these, then it's a terrible deal no matter what games are offered.

1. I'm sorry, but your solution to the cloud save problem is stupid. The whole point is that it's done automatically, so moving hundreds of saves over to another account and then doing that after every time I play games is so asinine that it wouldn't work. I also wouldn't be surprised to find out that certain game's saves don't work cross-region, so that's another issue there.

2. I believe updates are released at different times based on the region and I'd have to know for a fact that US retail games work with EU updates. That may be the most flexible thing, but still a big question mark.

3. Getting into the UK PSN ecosystem requires a big financial investment because I'd have to be constantly buying UK PSN cards at a loss and then I'd have major digital and phsyical purchases across two regions, which would be a big headache to keep track of all of that so I don't waste money on DLC I can't use. That's why when I make purchases in foreign PSN stores, it's only for exclusive content that I'll never see in US PSN (Dark Mist, Flight Control HD, Hot Shots Minigolf, etc.) because it doesn't make sense to do it otherwise.

4. I'm not going through the hassle of switching between regions on a Vita. It's not happening, so that's a third of the IGC content that would be completely unavailable to me.

So those are some huge hurdles to overcome in the switch over to EU PS+ before I even start on the games. It's silly to try to suggest that these are minor issues.

To the rest of the discussion:

Looking at the current lineup, I'd only care about F1 Race Stars and MotorStorm Apocalypse and the latter's incompatibility with my retail/NA save is a huge mood killer. I enjoyed F1 Race Stars from when I had the EU PS+ trial. I already have Okami HD on US PSN, The Cave from US PS+, already purchased Joe Danger 2, Quantum Conundrum from US PS+, Puddle on Vita US PSN, LBP2 from US PS+, and Infamous 2 from US PS+. I don't care about Hitman Absolution or Lord of the Rings: War in the North or I would've gotten them in one of the many recent sales for each game. Mass Effect 3 from the past month or two was a bad choice because nobody should be playing the last part of the trilogy if they haven't done the prior two installments, as I'm working on ME2 on Xbox 360 to make a free copy of the PS3 game so pointless.

The notion that EU PS+ is objectively better just by the games alone is completely silly because of everybody's personal collections that can kill the lineup from the "opposing" region from being nearly as good for some people as it is to others. Objectively, it's a very good lineup and I'd say the same about the US PS+ lineup, but which is better is a completely subject thing in every way.

#1227 rpg

rpg

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Hitman about 17GB cannot wait =)

Frobisher Says – Mega Fun Pack Adds 15 New Mini-Games, Out Tuesday

http://blog.us.plays...es-out-tuesday/

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.png

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#1228 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Is it possible to configure PS+'s daily automatic backup feature to work silently-- i.e., skipping the "here's what we backed up while you were sleeping" splash screen that pops up on the first boot-up of the day?

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#1229 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

Is it possible to configure PS+'s daily automatic backup feature to work silently-- i.e., skipping the "here's what we backed up while you were sleeping" splash screen that pops up on the first boot-up of the day?

No.

#1230 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Wow, really? This is sarcastic to right? One extra button press cant be that hard for you.

I always look forward to that screen in order to see if any game updates occured or poossibly any new demos that may have auto downloaded.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+