Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#12391 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

I liked Ducktales for the most part.  The controls were fine for me except that stupid "Pogo not activating" glitch.  I found hard mode to be rather easy, once you know the game it's really not that hard.  Play the levels in the right order to get extra heart containers right away as well.  I don't imagine Extreme would be that hard, but there are a couple tough/cheap jumps that are really going to piss you the Fuck off if you miss them.  

I don't think WayForward is as bad as everyone else makes them out to be.  Bloodrayne Betrayal was rather enjoyable except for 2 insanely stupid platforming segments.  I haven't played them, but both Shantae and A Boy and his Blob got pretty decent reviews as well I thought.  I know many people on CAG who really enjoyed the Double Dragon remake.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#12392 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

I thought DD neon was very good for what it is. And ducktales was fun too. I only wish both came with the originals like castle of illusion.

Sucker born every minute

Wrencrest.png

#12393 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Ugh One Piece and Atelier Meruru in the same week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12394 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

WayForward never should have even made it to Ducktales.

A just and loving God would have struck them down after the abomination that was Double Dragon Neon.

DDN wasn't nearly as good as it should have been. But in terms of them getting their hands on other IP, Contra 4 was fucking awesome.

Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#12395 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I don't think WayForward is as bad as everyone else makes them out to be.  Bloodrayne Betrayal was rather enjoyable except for 2 insanely stupid platforming segments.  I haven't played them, but both Shantae and A Boy and his Blob got pretty decent reviews as well I thought.  I know many people on CAG who really enjoyed the Double Dragon remake.

A Boy and His Blob was gorgeous and I wanted to love it, but my goodness was it hard! I got about half way through and was dying over and over and simply not knowing what I was supposed to do. Not sure where this is going, but figured I'd chime in. I think WayForward has a lot of potential as a developer, but so far what I've played of them hasn't quite fully tapped into it.

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#12396 Kanokare

Kanokare

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

Ugh One Piece and Atelier Meruru in the same week.

Lol yeah.  Probably gonna get some [no commentary] game play of One Piece PW2 on my Youtube along with Dynasty Warriors 8.  Musou season!

If you are new to GMG and want to receive 2 dollar credit after your first purchase of over 2 dollars, use this REFERRAL.
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOTDgaming - My Youtube channel :)

76561197990616966.png     uc.png

#12397 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

I enjoyed Double Dragon Neon a lot for the dumb fun it seemed to aim for.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#12398 danhoo

danhoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

A Boy and His Blob was gorgeous and I wanted to love it, but my goodness was it hard! I got about half way through and was dying over and over and simply not knowing what I was supposed to do. Not sure where this is going, but figured I'd chime in. I think WayForward has a lot of potential as a developer, but so far what I've played of them hasn't quite fully tapped into it.

I thought Boy and His Blob was one of those hidden Wii gems, and I played it to the end (but skipped most of the challenge levels, those were ridiculous).  

WayForward is good, perhaps not great.  I can certainly think of a ton of worse devs though.

#12399 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

I enjoyed Double Dragon Neon a lot for the dumb fun it seemed to aim for.

And such a god ending :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#12400 sainrub

sainrub

CAGisdabomb!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

I just played this at PAX and I won't lie it's pretty sweet.

Nice, did you check out The Protomen when they played?

Almost missed this, but yes, I pre-ordered it, so it'll be on the stream Tuesday night. I'll have a video of the Genesis version/pre-order bonus a bit later tonight.

Looking forward to it, thanks Frisky!

#12401 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

Here's a video of the pre-order bonus for Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse:

#12402 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

When is the Mickey game available for preorder?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#12403 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

I did a quick search on the PS Blog, but couldn't find my answer. Has MGS Peace Walker HD ever been on sale?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

I didn't see Velo's dick on cam, but I have in pics. He's rockin' a pretty good dick there I guess...I'm not queer though. And I will deny that I said that and make sure Google deletes it.

#12404 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

When is the Mickey game available for preorder?

It's been available to pre-order for nearly two weeks now and will end on Tuesday when the game is released, which is supposed to be the last time the Genesis game will ever be available on PSN.

I did a quick search on the PS Blog, but couldn't find my answer. Has MGS Peace Walker HD ever been on sale?

http://www.cheapassg...post&p=10505524

That's it.

#12405 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

is it relatively safe to assume diablo 3 will make its way to the ps4?  my wife actually loves diablo, but i'm trying to cut down on game buying for awhile.

#12406 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

It was announced for PS4 at the PS4's announcement event in February.

#12407 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

is it relatively safe to assume diablo 3 will make its way to the ps4?  my wife actually loves diablo, but i'm trying to cut down on game buying for awhile.

Yes, Blizzard has talked about it and how they're working on it but haven't officially announced it.  It's not coming until probably spring 2014 at the earliest since they weren't working on it until the current gen versions were basically done.  I'm kind of wondering if that means that we might not see it until when Reaper of Souls launches and the PS4 version might be both bundled together.  That's probably hoping for a little too much but asking people to buy the game again on PS4 six months after the fact is pretty silly.

Edit- Missed that it was officially announced.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#12408 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

http://blog.us.plays...-playstation-4/

Here's the Diablo III announcement blog post from that night.

#12409 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

You know, the more I think about it the less reason I can think of that I would actually want Diablo 3 on PS4.  It's not the kind of game that should need more powerful hardware to be identical to the PC version.  It's also so multiplayer focused that unless you're only playing couch co-op you're going to find a lot more people to play with on PS3 than PS4.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#12410 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Dangs that Mickey game looks freaking sweet  :drool:

#12411 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

You know, the more I think about it the less reason I can think of that I would actually want Diablo 3 on PS4.  It's not the kind of game that should need more powerful hardware to be identical to the PC version.  It's also so multiplayer focused that unless you're only playing couch co-op you're going to find a lot more people to play with on PS3 than PS4.

i plan on mostly playing it couch coop.  and i know once i make 'the switch', i just won't boot up my ps3 as much.   i mean, i can tell myself i will... but i know as soon as that ps4 is sitting there i'll end up with a backlog on it, too.

but you're probably right.  i'll pick up d3 for the ps3 if there's a good black friday sale i guess.  but i'm in no real rush for it.

#12412 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

A new One Piece game is making me hope for a really good sale on the old one, although I'm not holding my breath. (Not going to spend over $15 for a Dynasty Warriors clone even if I like the source material).

I'd be a lot more excited for World of Illusion than I would be with Castle of Illusion. I guess it was just a little bit before my time.

And Double Dragon Neon is a worthwhile pickup for any fans of Venture Bros since the main villain is basically the Monarch.

NotRic.png

#12413 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I'm moving everything to a new thread in just a little bit, so please do not post in it until I give the all clear.

#12414 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

You can find the new thread here:

http://www.cheapassg...ta-free-for-ps/

This thread is now locked.