Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#181 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

So nobody else had a missing transaction? I wont get help from sony over the weekend and promo over on mon.

Give me your account number and your routing number and I'll help you out.

jayremedy.png

sig.gif

#182 miguelq08

miguelq08

Whip It Good.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:43 PM

Give me your account number and your routing number and I'll help you out.

:lol:

#183 storl026

storl026

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Does anyone know if the online community for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is still active? Will I be able to find a co-op partner pretty easily online?

#184 11anthony

11anthony

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

Does anyone know if the online community for Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is still active? Will I be able to find a co-op partner pretty easily online?

Forget about it. Online is dead.

#185 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

http://www.cheapassg...1&postcount=117

Thank you kindly.

I have to spend $25 to get the bonus. Seems like a pretty good deal. Off to PSN.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#186 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

Glad I saw this post. Didn't realize this game was already $15. I've been waiting for it to drop to $20 or less and now couldn't have been a better time with the $10 for $50. Will be getting $50 back next month, lol.

My new 16GB memory card is now full of awesome games. Man, I love my Vita. Best handheld ever. Can't wait to get me some Killzone!

Wow, I always thought I spent too much on PSN until I read some of your guys posts. After I buy Rocketbirds Vita and EscapeVektor, I'll barely be breaking $50. I guess I don't feel so bad anymore.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#187 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

just purchased as well... hit me up on PSN if you want to co-op at all..
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :twisted:

#188 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

Those are Joystiq articles, not blog posts on the PS Blog, so my point stands about not seeing any official blog posts promoting it. The second link is also what I posted as proof that they didn't say the second wave was for "loyal" customers or anything like that.

The actual message from Sony says "loyal customers."

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#189 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Seriously considering picking up Sonic & All-Stars Racing and/or EDF. I want both, and I'd get another $10, but at the same time... My Vita memory card is already pretty full. I swear, it's almost like Sony gets these deals going to try to drive Vita memory card sales. Dunno whats to do :-k

Seriously, it's painful having an extremely digital-centric system gimped by expensive, limited memory... FWPs.

EDF isn't very big, well under 1GB if that helps.

#190 Ubichu

Ubichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:45 AM

Also GT 5 XL voucher expires on 3/31 if anybody here picked it up.

Thanks for reminding me. So I finally broke open my Gran Turismo 5 XL that I bought on BF at Walmart, entered the code, and PSN told me it was no longer valid even though it says it's good through March 31, 2013.

What can I do about this? It's unfair that Sony expired my never used code a day early, and I can't call them until Monday when the code will have really expired and I'll have no proof that I tried to enter it before the deadline. I don't suppose Sony has a 24/7 help line? I've actually never called them before.

Is there a complete list of other codes that are expiring? The majority of my games have never been opened, and I don't have time to open them all (nor do I want to as some have more resale value sealed). I've never once had an invalid or expired Xbox Live code (since Microsoft doesn't enforce DLC expirations that I know of), but I guess Sony isn't as nice as Microsoft in this regard as Sony apparently not only expires codes but expires them early.

#191 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

Maybe try entering it on the website, I just entered my code (on the SEN store website) and it went through just fine.

Guardian_owl.png

#192 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:00 AM

EDF would have been insta-buy at $20 :(
and SEGA should have had PS+ discounts
VT4, Sonic Racing Transformed.. - till we meet again

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#193 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

The actual message from Sony says "loyal customers."

And the second message didn't.

#194 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

If anyone wants to play Guardian of Light Co-Op, feel free to add me as well (picked it up from the japanese promo). Fair warning though, the only sort of mic I have is a rockband microphone:cry: also might be a bit until I get to it. So yeah, add me as a last resort;)
There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first."
I mean, why should they...

#195 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:04 AM

Also GT 5 XL voucher expires on 3/31 if anybody here picked it up.

and my copy of the game is still sealed >< oh no

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Regional Pricing sucks: if you need help with it, add me on Steam: wilflare :D

#196 maccabee72

maccabee72

Hook 'em

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Thanks for reminding me. So I finally broke open my Gran Turismo 5 XL that I bought on BF at Walmart, entered the code, and PSN told me it was no longer valid even though it says it's good through March 31, 2013.

What can I do about this? It's unfair that Sony expired my never used code a day early, and I can't call them until Monday when the code will have really expired and I'll have no proof that I tried to enter it before the deadline. I don't suppose Sony has a 24/7 help line? I've actually never called them before.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Redeemed my code without issue. Sorry to hear you're having issues:cry:
Posted Image

#197 Ubichu

Ubichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this. Redeemed my code without issue. Sorry to hear you're having issues:cry:

I tried both the console and the web interface several times. I have no idea why I was so unlucky. On the positive side, Sony is open 7 days a week with pretty good hours, so I contacted them. On the negative side, now I have to find my old receipt and mail it and the voucher code in hopes of getting my content. If it were something trivial I wouldn't care but the DLC for Gran Turismo 5 XL is pretty significant.

So, this experience got me wondering what other unopened games I have that have expiring (or expired) DLC. I searched Google and couldn't find a list, so I started going title by title putting "<game title> PS3 DLC voucher code expir*" and for most of them there were no results, but I don't think that's a reliable way.

Is there any way I can find out which PS3 games have DLC voucher codes inside without opening them all? If I posted a list of all my unopened games, could people help me identify those games or would that be considered bad in this thread?

#198 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

I tried both the console and the web interface several times. I have no idea why I was so unlucky. On the positive side, Sony is open 7 days a week with pretty good hours, so I contacted them. On the negative side, now I have to find my old receipt and mail it and the voucher code in hopes of getting my content. If it were something trivial I wouldn't care but the DLC for Gran Turismo 5 XL is pretty significant.

So, this experience got me wondering what other unopened games I have that have expiring (or expired) DLC. I searched Google and couldn't find a list, so I started going title by title putting "<game title> PS3 DLC voucher code expir*" and for most of them there were no results, but I don't think that's a reliable way.

Is there any way I can find out which PS3 games have DLC voucher codes inside without opening them all? If I posted a list of all my unopened games, could people help me identify those games or would that be considered bad in this thread?

Check the thread in the PS3 forum.

#199 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

So, I haven't been following the thread too closely.

But is the general consensus to avoid the two Kayne and Lynch games,
and pick Red faction Armageddon over Guerrilla?

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#200 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Guerilla over Armageddon.

#201 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

No. Not at all.

#202 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

So I ended up getting the BL2 season pass, hey gotta have that Ultimate VHM right :P . Either way I have $10 left before reaching the 50, has anyone played Vector? It looks like my kind of game, oh and any recommendations are always welcomed

#203 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

gameplay is a little rocky on Kane and Lynch 1, but the story is supposed to be pretty good.

Guardian_owl.png

#204 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Sigh. Having to crack open games I recently bought to backlog or lose the DLC is ridiculous, moreso considering it doesn't say anywhere on the cases that they expire.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#205 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

let me also state that it is Guerrilla over Armageddon

#206 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

Sigh. Having to crack open games I recently bought to backlog or lose the DLC is ridiculous, moreso considering it doesn't say anywhere on the cases that they expire.

It is annoying when the expiration dates for DLC aren't printed somewhere that you can read without opening up. With all the fine print that is sometimes found on the back of a game, you'd think that they could squeeze it in somewhere.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#207 Ubichu

Ubichu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:50 AM

It is annoying when the expiration dates for DLC aren't printed somewhere that you can read without opening up. With all the fine print that is sometimes found on the back of a game, you'd think that they could squeeze it in somewhere.

I agree. It looks like I'm going to be wasting quite a bit of time going through stuff I have to make sure I didn't miss entering any DLCs or online passes. I already see I got screwed on Gran Turismo 5 XL (though I hope Sony will fix it) and darksiders.com/tomb no longer works (probably due to THQ bankruptcy) so I missed that one.

The thread that FriskyTanuki linked to is somewhat helpful though incomplete:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=312388
I'm trying to compile my own list from that, what I know, and from reading packages for DLC. If it mentions a DLC, online pass, or I think it might have a code, I'm opening it up.

#208 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

...If it mentions a DLC, online pass, or I think it might have a code, I'm opening it up.

That's my mindset now also.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#209 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

Guerilla over Armageddon.

Agreed 10 fold.

#210 huldrelok

huldrelok

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

grabbed kane & lynch 2, Lara Croft and the guardian of light and Escape Vector vita to top me off at $102.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+