Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#2161 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

I would love the the HD Chronicles to be on sale, but I just can't see it happening due to it's recent release.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2162 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

^It's been 10 months since they released, they're due for a sale.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2163 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Man the price of RE6 shot down fast.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Wolf Among Us, Outlast: Whistleblower 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#2164 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Sorry to divert anymore attention to this, but I just want to mention that I did retry Malicious with staggeringly different results this time. I spent 20 minutes last night on one boss, and got no where. I played the same stage today and beat it in four minutes. Then, the following stage in 8. So, yeah, I was playing it wrongly. Thanks for the video, @frisky.

It's worth a play through or two (probably all you need to beat it), but still grateful I didn't buy it. Shame, lots of potential.

#2165 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think the Chronicles are the only PSN RE games I don't have so that'd be a buy. I'd have to debate RE6.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#2166 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:29 PM

Is Dragon Fantasy Book I any good? I'm having a hard time finding any reviews.

I, too, am wondering about this. Any recommendations?

#2167 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

I, too, am wondering about this. Any recommendations?

If you like NES-era RPGs, it's a solid homage to that style of old school RPG. I'd have preferred to see them adjust the rate of random battles and misses since they both happen a bit too often for my tastes.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#2168 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

If you like NES-era RPGs, it's a solid homage to that style of old school RPG. I'd have preferred to see them adjust the rate of random battles and misses since they both happen a bit too often for my tastes.

I'm a level grinder, so I like the rate of battles, but the rate of misses seems off the charts to me. It's like every third attack fails to connect.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

#2169 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'm a level grinder, so I like the rate of battles, but the rate of misses seems off the charts to me. It's like every third attack fails to connect.

They could get the same effect with the rate of battles by lowering it by about 25% and increase the rewards accordingly. Going through the last part of the fetch quest in the first chapter with no new armor/weapons to buy is killing my buzz to marathon through the game.

#2170 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

I would love the the HD Chronicles to be on sale, but I just can't see it happening due to it's recent release.

Recent? I remember reading about it way back and thinking to myself "Great! Waiting for a sale on this one". Then I forgot about it after I got HoTD...

EDIT: I will probably buy it either way, but how is the calibration with this game? After playing so many rail shooters, I find that different games have different calibration quality, and this is the most influential factor in how much I enjoyed the game. Sadly not too many reviews on these games.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#2171 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

Alright, I have played REIV on the Wii, and have REV on PC. What do I need to get RE-wise the most? All three of the classics or just the original? etc.

#2172 ghettoqball

ghettoqball

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:48 AM

I might have to get RE6 at that price.

#2173 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

To the point that @jack frost is antagonistic, I don't know that there's ever a reason to tell others to dismiss someone's opinion. Completely unnecessary and silly.

There was a reason because you werent playing the game right

#2174 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

I might have to get RE6 at that price.

No official prices have been announced yet, Frisky's list is just speculation.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#2175 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

I'd pick up Chronicles HD collection at that price and maybe Code Veronica X as well.

Hopefully we'll see though prices or lower.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#2176 shahmastert

shahmastert

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

Does anybody know if the RE: Chronicles games are still fun without the move controller? I've always wanted to pick them up ever since they came out on the Wii, but never got around it.

#2177 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Alright, I have played REIV on the Wii, and have REV on PC. What do I need to get RE-wise the most? All three of the classics or just the original? etc.

i would've recommended the original until i saw the psn version changed the original music which imo ruined the game

the music in the first resident evil completely set the tone and made it scary, the music in the psn version is corny

i would say get 4 because it's a timeless classic

#2178 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

Resident Evil 3 is the only RE game I haven't finished, aside from 6, so I'll definitely pick that one up. Is it playable on Vita?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2179 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:21 AM

Resident Evil 3 is the only RE game I haven't finished, aside from 6, so I'll definitely pick that one up. Is it playable on Vita?

Yes, it is. Here's a thread that might be useful for you as well:

Complete list of PSP/minis/PSone games playable on Vita

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#2180 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

RE 2 is my personal favorite of the PS1 era RE games - it has both a Claire and separate Leon campaign and really improved upon the 1st one.

I would say get all 3 if you have the means, since they are all worth playing, but remember they are PS1 games, so both graphics and controls leave a lot to be desired. IIRC all 3 at least have dual analog support (playing through Dino Crisis, which doesn't have dual analog functionality was rough).

I bought Code Veronica X already and still need to get around to playing it. I had it on Dreamcast and loved it, but for some reason I couldn't get into on the 2 times I tried to on PS3.

#2181 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

If you still have the Wii and it's a backwards compatible one, you should try finding the Gamecube version of Residen Evil 1 and playing that, it's very good. Then get 2, 3 and Code Veronica from PSN.

#2182 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

Frisky, message me if you can. Tried messaging you but cant.

#2183 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

If you still have the Wii and it's a backwards compatible one, you should try finding the Gamecube version of Residen Evil 1 and playing that, it's very good. Then get 2, 3 and Code Veronica from PSN.

The gamecube remake of RE 1 is probably the scariest RE game in the series. I wasn't a big fan of Zero, however.

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#2184 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

i already have the three PS1 REs on my vita (from ps+ ages ago, i think), but my attempt to try the first was got thwarted by old school ps1 'tank' controls. is it worth getting over that, adjusting to the controls, and playing through them all?

#2185 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Probably not. The series is about as iconic as Tomb Raider and holds up just as well as those games do. That's to say not very much. If you're curious about the storylines, you might be better off playing the light gun games, which are actually pretty good.

#2186 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Finished up the first two chapters. The first was much longer at maybe around six hours or six with the second being maybe two hours long at best. The second chapter takes place during the first as you control the remaining brother/prince and it ends about halfway through the campaign in the first chapter, though I was hoping it kept going to show what he does later on after that. The biggest difference in gameplay is that you get a party of people to work with to make it easier than Ogden's solo adventure.

Frisky, message me if you can. Tried messaging you but cant.

Try it now.

#2187 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

For everyone asking about PS1 RE games... it takes some adjustment but they're still highly playable. I'm actually quite fond of the RE1 port on the DS, which has two different modes (one is the standard game, one has DS-specific additions on the touch screen which I don't care for). I always wished Capcom would have done the same with RE2. I have all of them on Gamecube, but if they're as low as $3 each I might double-dip on 2-3 just to have them on the Vita... as if I'll ever have time to play them!

Fun fact regarding the PS1 Resident Evil games... RE3 introduced a quick 180 turn that really makes the controls less cumbersome, especially when you're in a narrow hallway with something trying to kill you. Subsequent ports of RE2 (Dreamcast, Gamecube, etc.) as well as the RE1 remake on Gamecube, DS port, etc. ALL integrate the quick-turn.

Going back to the vanilla PS1 RE1 and RE2 games after playing RE3 or any subsequent ports/releases without the quick-turn can be grounds for controller smashing.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#2188 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

The RE games that are PS Classics were free with Playstation Plus, what, a year ago?

I have them on my PSP Go. Haven't played em.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#2189 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

If those prices do hold as Frisky has put, is RE5 and RE4 both worth getting? Or would it be better to just get one of the two, as I would still want to pick up something in the following week's sale regarding PSASBR. RE5 would be mainly for the coop with my brother, and RE4 would just be to pick up and play.
Posted Image

#2190 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

Finished up the first two chapters. The first was much longer at maybe around six hours or six with the second being maybe two hours long at best. The second chapter takes place during the first as you control the remaining brother/prince and it ends about halfway through the campaign in the first chapter, though I was hoping it kept going to show what he does later on after that. The biggest difference in gameplay is that you get a party of people to work with to make it easier than Ogden's solo adventure.

Odgen is solo the whole chapter? That's a little annoying. I was hoping to get a slew of crazy party members, but I guess I'll have to wait it out on that. Reminds me a little of how Earthbound kept you with one main character for the longest time. At least they had some supporting characters to fight with you though.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

My real name is Catfish!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+