Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#2461 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm thinking seriously of buying a Vita now after being a plus member for a few months because I see I would never have to buy any games for it. Walmart has a deal on a bundle for $269 with choice of game and a couple other little extras and the games I'm trying to chose between is persona 4 golden or little big planet vita. Persona would be the definite choice if I knew it was enough different from the PS2 Persona 4 because I've not even tipped the PS2 version yet. Reading reviews on it seems like it's the most interesting and probably best choice and may as well fork over the $80.00 for the 32 gig memory card. Sony deserves it considering what a deal they are making us on PS+ with all the free games.

#2462 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

I'm thinking seriously of buying a Vita now after being a plus member for a few months because I see I would never have to buy any games for it. Walmart has a deal on a bundle for $269 with choice of game and a couple other little extras and the games I'm trying to chose between is persona 4 golden or little big planet vita. Persona would be the definite choice if I knew it was enough different from the PS2 Persona 4 because I've not even tipped the PS2 version yet. Reading reviews on it seems like it's the most interesting and probably best choice and may as well fork over the $80.00 for the 32 gig memory card. Sony deserves it considering what a deal they are making us on PS+ with all the free games.

Persona 4 and Soul Sacrifice to me are the must have. I would say Gravity Rush but that was free in plus. Playstation All-Stars is good if you like something similar to smash, but get the PS3 version for cross-buy. Little Big Planet is decent. I would not put it above any of the ones I mentioned unless you a die-hard fan of it. Honestly, I expect it to go free soonish since its been a while since it came out.

#2463 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Since I don't own any of them digitally I might have bitten on a Resident Evil mega pack of all the games or ultimate collections of 5 or 6 that included all the DLC, or does RE5 gold edition include all the DLC?

Guardian_owl.png

#2464 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

PS3 firmware update 4.41 coming soon.

#2465 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

PS3 firmware update 4.41 coming soon.

I still have yet to encounter this "improved stability" they are continually posting about. Seems the opposite to be honest:cry:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#2466 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Since I don't own any of them digitally I might have bitten on a Resident Evil mega pack of all the games or ultimate collections of 5 or 6 that included all the DLC, or does RE5 gold edition include all the DLC?

Pretty sure RE5 Gold Edition just comes with the two short side-story missions, but those are IMO the only DLC worth getting. One of them explains what happens to Jill leading up to the events of RE5 and it feels a bit more like a traditional RE game in terms of pacing/puzzles/etc.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#2467 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

I would reconsider if I were you. I had the exact same train of thought, bought a like-new Vita from Cowboom for $125, and I barely play the thing. I've been playing the Soul Sacrifice and DOA5 demos more than any of the PS+ freebies. I think we've also just reached the tipping point where PSP titles outnumber actual Vita offerings, which I guess is okay if you never played them on PSP before. Uncharted and Gravity Rush are fantastic, but buying a Vita and memory card would easily cost more than buying any of the consoles out right now, and any of them has more games than Vita does.

#2468 Slade

Slade

Coordinated Insanity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

I still have yet to encounter this "improved stability" they are continually posting about. Seems the opposite to be honest:cry:

Just you wait.

It will be revealed that we've been getting fragments of something in each of these minor, seemingly inconsequential updates and then they'll announce that the PS4 is actually a Firmware upgrade to the PS3 that we've been downloading in pieces all these years.

This'll happen, you'll see.

You'll all see!!! [runs away laughing while naked]

Fighting game enthusiast (BatousaiJ) and Editor at ZTGD

#2469 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

i absolutely love my Vita. It has become my goto game system, beating out even my ps3 at home (as in, i'm far more likely to turn on my vita while sitting in front of my tv). no portable has ever come close to that before.

get p4g over lbp in my opinion. your ps+ game library should keep you busy for ages as well.

when you're in the mood, pick up super stardust delta, pinball arcade and/or zen pinball, and then follow your tastes (ie, zero escape is awesome if you're into that, soul sacrifice coming soon, etc).

best gaming money i've ever spent. love, love, love it. and yes, a 32 gig is worth it.

#2470 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:27 AM

i absolutely love my Vita. It has become my goto game system, beating out even my ps3 at home (as in, i'm far more likely to turn on my vita while sitting in front of my tv). no portable has ever come close to that before.

get p4g over lbp in my opinion. your ps+ game library should keep you busy for ages as well.

when you're in the mood, pick up super stardust delta, pinball arcade and/or zen pinball, and then follow your tastes (ie, zero escape is awesome if you're into that, soul sacrifice coming soon, etc).

best gaming money i've ever spent. love, love, love it. and yes, a 32 gig is worth it.

Agreed. Well said. The VITA is not a waste of time or money. Very much worth it.

512847.png

#2471 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:31 AM

Anyone else get God Mode? I could use a decent team to get some of those trophies =[

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2472 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Anyone else get God Mode? I could use a decent team to get some of those trophies =[

Can't find people on PS3trophies.org? Is the game actually fun because I'm thinking about getting it. I'd like to consider myself pretty decent with shooters.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2473 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:44 AM

Agreed. Well said. The VITA is not a waste of time or money. Very much worth it.

Thrided... Go ahead and get a vita I say, It will be a console to have, and has a bright future.

Batman alone Should sell it if your any kind of DC fan, its a no brainer. I am now even more satisfied with my vita purchase than ever before. I still have plenty of games to play that are actual Vita games haha.
Posted Image

#2474 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

I added you for Borderlands 2 -_-

might get Godmode also

#2475 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

Thrided... Go ahead and get a vita I say, It will be a console to have, and has a bright future.

Batman alone Should sell it if your any kind of DC fan, its a no brainer. I am now even more satisfied with my vita purchase than ever before. I still have plenty of games to play that are actual Vita games haha.

I love my Vita too, but I wouldn't pay more than $200 WITH a decent memory card. I see great deals on Craigslist constantly (which is where I got mine) and can't imagine paying $270.

#2476 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

Can't find people on PS3trophies.org? Is the game actually fun because I'm thinking about getting it. I'd like to consider myself pretty decent with shooters.

Ever since they told me I didn't have the right to an opinion of FF XIII's difficulty, I've decided to pretty much say Fuck you to that hell hole.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#2477 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Im not a trophy hunter/completionist but im down/good enough to help anyone get trophies for a game as long as it isnt madden/call of duty. Just message me and tell me what game, if I dont have it ill most likely get it.

I work during the day, so im a night owl just warning

#2478 KipKips

KipKips

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

Ever since they told me I didn't have the right to an opinion of FF XIII's difficulty, I've decided to pretty much say Fuck you to that hell hole.

...Really? What was the story behind that? I've found most of the people on that website to actually be pretty decent (if a bit clingy...)

#2479 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:39 AM

What happened?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#2480 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Just want to say how incredible Soul Sacrifice is. I want to keep playing the demo, because it's probably the best demo for a game I've ever played, but I also want to stop playing it so I can fully appreciate the full game.

Seriously, full chapter of the story mode, customizable characters, extra side missions, fully-fledged online multiplayer, AND your save data transfers over to the full game? I've played full games with less content.

#2481 Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige

For Answer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

Just want to say how incredible Soul Sacrifice is. I want to keep playing the demo, because it's probably the best demo for a game I've ever played, but I also want to stop playing it so I can fully appreciate the full game.

Seriously, full chapter of the story mode, customizable characters, extra side missions, fully-fledged online multiplayer, AND your save data transfers over to the full game? I've played full games with less content.

And you also get a bonus offering (the golem one?) that is only available for having played the demo. I just pre-ordered it myself

#2482 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:10 AM

...Really? What was the story behind that? I've found most of the people on that website to actually be pretty decent (if a bit clingy...)

What happened?

Basically, I had a Japanese copy of FF XIII and was playing it at release (yes I paid over $100 dollars to play FF XIII, which I am okay with because I liked the game). While surfing .org to see if there was any useful tips (you never know), I saw tons of topics with inaccurate information, stupid speculation and people ranting and raving about nonsense. Being the nice guy that I am (I at least try to help people anyway >.>), I cleared up some facts / posts and started giving out whatever information I could. At this point I saw a LOT of people speculating the game would be a 10/10 on the rating thread, so I was like "the game is like a 4, since it isn't about stats, it's all about strategy". This lead to a HUGE debate about me and this game.

People started citing Japanese gamers that were saying it was hard and that for whatever reason meant I was trolling. People also got on my case for not getting the platinum (which isn't a requirement for rating) and were constantly raving that I had no right to say anything if I don't even know the full list. I nicely explained several times that the game mechanics fundamentally made the game easy and noted the linear design made it almost impossible to miss anything, so I didn't need everything to know this was going to be an easy game. Towards the end overly self righteous people like Yoshi Girl (who won member of the month that month) were constantly explaining how I needed crazy things to have a right to give the game a difficulty rating. These included the platinum, 60+ hours (because they were claiming the game had a 60 hour story :lol:), and such to have a valid opinion. Since people pretty much spit in my face for simply trying to clear up some information, I've pretty much agreed to never contribute to that site. Unfortunately those fuckers constantly use my YouTube videos (I don't care, but I've never gotten a request from .org, though .com has a few times) and once I had someone steal my menu translations for Spelunker. Worse yet, the flipping idiot didn't even get the order right, yet he still decided to take credit for my work. So anyway... thats why I dislike .org.

#2483 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

nice $100 coaster

#2484 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

So I'm sure everyone is sick to death hearing about it, but I finally started Demon's Souls, and rather enjoyed the hour or so I played. It isn't nearly as overwhelming and challenging as I thought it would be, and the combat feels very unique and satisfying. The one thing I can't get over though, is the lack of footstep sound effects. The whole world is incredibly ingrossing, but that little fact takes me out of the experience over and over. Is it just glitching, or did they really leave it (as well as falling sounds) out of the game? Lastly, I chose Thief as my class. Bad idea?

Definitely a pleasant surprise after all the debate that went on in this thread:)
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#2485 xRemnant

xRemnant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

I spent over 50+ hr on the demo and still have a week until release... arghhh but I want to keep playing! Have almost every item 3 star. Getting multiple 3 stars to upgrade them once the retail game comes out. I'm going to be OP but I love it sooo much.

#2486 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Vita is my go-to system as well now. the PS3 has been collecting dust.
Just hope more Vita owners can appeal to companies/indie developers to develop for the system

or tweet @shahidkamal @nsutter @shanewatch these guys have been awesome in bolstering indie support for the Vita (Thomas Was Alone is one example!)

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#2487 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:05 AM

So I'm sure everyone is sick to death hearing about it, but I finally started Demon's Souls, and rather enjoyed the hour or so I played. It isn't nearly as overwhelming and challenging as I thought it would be, and the combat feels very unique and satisfying. The one thing I can't get over though, is the lack of footstep sound effects. The whole world is incredibly ingrossing, but that little fact takes me out of the experience over and over. Is it just glitching, or did they really leave it (as well as falling sounds) out of the game? Lastly, I chose Thief as my class. Bad idea?

Definitely a pleasant surprise after all the debate that went on in this thread:)

A lot of first time players pick Royalty class. They start with the soul arrow and a ring that regenerates magic. The soul level is the lowest at 1 but you can always change your stats to your liking when leveling up.

#2488 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Are you playing in soul form currently? Soul form lacks footsteps and the clang of heavy armor because your not physically there, it's like an astral projected copy of your body form. After playing in soul form for awhile it's quite jarring how loud you are in body form.

Thief starts with high luck (which is fairly useless in the game), but he also starts with a bow for long range sniping, one of the best sets of light armor, and the dagger is good for back stabs until you can get something better. If you don't intend to do any coop (need to be within 10% +/- 10 levels to coop with another player) then it doesn't really matter as you can just keep leveling up as much as you need to to reach your stat goals. Any class can use any item as skill as well as any other class, you've just wasted 6 or 7 levels of stat points is all.

Guardian_owl.png

#2489 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

Wow, PS+ doesn't screw around, does it?

I was playing Thomas was Alone on my EU PS+ trial, which expires 4/25. I didn't check to see what time it expired, but I figured if I complete the game by midnight, I'd be fine. So I came home, downloaded it, played for a while, took a break and dicked around, then booted it back up to beat it. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and forgot that my EU PS+ trial was based on UK time, which is 7 hours ahead of me. Anyways, at the beginning of world 7 I was greeted with a "This content will expire in 30 minutes" message. I got another one at the 15 and 5 minute mark, and was promptly kicked out of the game when it expired.

At least it was interesting to see those warning messages, I always wondered exactly how it worked...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2490 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Of course Hell Yeah! goes on sale this week after I just bought it on Xbox. I would've rather had it on PS3. Boo.
Let's go O's!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+