Photo
* * * * * 34 votes

PSN Weekly Deals - 8/27: PAX Indie Sale, DJ Hero/2/GH Sale, Spelunky $11.99, Pinballistik is Free!, and Machinarium Vita Free for PS+!

PSN PlayStation Network PlayStation Store PS3 PlayStation 3 Vita PSP PlayStation Plus PS+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12413 replies to this topic

#2641 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

If you're asking about specifics of the DLC plan they have, there's nothing about that that I can find. It does say on the official site that I linked that they have plans for post-launch content, so it could have more elaborate stuff even though it's not really mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for looking around too, Frisky. All I can come up with is foreign marketing materials. Ordered it from Amazon- had $39 in credit sitting there, and I've got a soft spot for Swery and Rising Star Games. Plus I really dug it on the 360, so I'll bite.

Breaking my rule about release day buying though :/

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#2642 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

I know there's the retailer specific "suits," which I'm not interested in... don't like paying to make a game easier. I'd read rumors when the game was in development that York may be able to have a house in town this time around. Websites have been hinting there's ""downloadable content so plush, that Agent York (and Zach) will feel like their investigation in the small country town of Greenvale just turned into a vacation."

So that could be it.

Really want this game to succeed this time around, love to see more from these guys. Just hate day-one DLC. Curious what's exclusive to pre-orders and what you'll have to fork over for the day you pop in the disc.

I been getting burned so much preordering just to get store exclusive dlc. I hit duds 65-75% now like aliens and others like it. I buy ce alot like defiance i should of waited. Then we got star meh.... Sucks there rushing games and dlc now..

#2643 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:25 AM

Wish there was a PS + sale on blood dragon but I'll get it regardless

I will get for 360/ps3 far cry 3 engine rocks.

#2644 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I been getting burned so much preordering just to get store exclusive dlc. I hit duds 65-75% now like aliens and others like it. I buy ce alot like defiance i should of waited. Then we got star meh.... Sucks there rushing games and dlc now..

Yeah, I used to pre-order based on store exclusive DLC some years ago but gave it up. Most of it just makes the game easier, and worse, potentially breaks immersion/narrative.

Who wants any of that?

"On a long enough timeline, all games become $10. Or you'll die before you get a chance to play it WHO KNOWS" -hamberger

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#2645 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

* - Expires With Next Update

What does this mean...

What i mean by that is if i join the PSN today and download Disgaea 3 for the VITA once the PSN updates i can no longer play Disgaea 3 for free, if i need room and delete it . I will no longer be able to redownload it for free?

ALSO if im just now taking my vita online and looking at joining the PSN network what sort of memory card do people recommend ...im guessing the 8gb is not big enough and hell just looked at a 16 and its 50 bucks OUCH

also how offen does PSN update and how often does free VITA games pop up ( i think once every 6 months THANKS

I have an 8GB and have yet to have any issues. I know some people need to have very single thing they've ever downloaded on their system at the same time, but I only keep what I'm actively playing, and then delete the rest. You can redownload at any time, so I see no reason to go over 8GB at this point in time.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#2646 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

http://blog.us.plays...ay-14th-on-ps3/

I don't think this was mentioned, but Dust 514 will be officially released and be out of beta on 5/14. They've revamped certain aspects of the game either with an update that just came out recently or will be out soon.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2647 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:33 AM

Im a bit confused. For some of the Japanese games like First Queen IV, Sentimantal graffiti, ect. Are those in English? Theres almost no info on them on the game page. Some have a few screenshots and those show everything in Japanese.

Are they in English or just Japanese? Seems odd to have some of those games in Japanese only. I was thining of checking out First Queen IV, but not if i cant read it =P Kinda hard to play a strat/rpg without knowing what the hell your doing
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#2648 Noblesse Oblige

Noblesse Oblige

For Answer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

Im a bit confused. For some of the Japanese games like First Queen IV, Sentimantal graffiti, ect. Are those in English? Theres almost no info on them on the game page. Some have a few screenshots and those show everything in Japanese.

Are they in English or just Japanese? Seems odd to have some of those games in Japanese only. I was thining of checking out First Queen IV, but not if i cant read it =P Kinda hard to play a strat/rpg without knowing what the hell your doing

They are PS1 Imports that don't contain english or at least are mostly in Japanese even though at least on the online store it doesn't really help you out there.

Here's a link to the PS Blog post that mentions them both: http://blog.us.plays...-north-america/

and one of the replies on that particular blog has something that I feel relates

I understand your concern regarding text-heavy Japanese games, but we figured we would give players a chance at these classics that would have otherwise never seen American shores.

I also found a review on this page for First Queen IV http://us.playstatio...iv-ps3-psp.html that states:

This game is NOT in English, it is entirely in Japanese! And it is menu intensive with complex kanji characters. Playing it without being able to read Japanese is virtually impossible.

#2649 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

Yeah, I used to pre-order based on store exclusive DLC some years ago but gave it up. Most of it just makes the game easier, and worse, potentially breaks immersion/narrative.

Who wants any of that?

I dig new exclusive content missions and so on and outfits and fun stuff like red faction arm preorder exclusive pony that shoots rainbow farts only good thing i liked about that game really. Now most exclusive content sounds cool but just meh or hits console store soon after. They rarely try now.

#2650 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

I have an 8GB and have yet to have any issues. I know some people need to have very single thing they've ever downloaded on their system at the same time, but I only keep what I'm actively playing, and then delete the rest. You can redownload at any time, so I see no reason to go over 8GB at this point in time.

I dont trust companies so i keep but i got 500gb. If sony goes down weeks again i got my goods to each there own but i learn lessons and adapt.

#2651 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

on the opposite side, i couldn't do without my 32gig.

i don't 'keep every single thing'... in fact, i've deleted tons. remember, some games are around 4 gigs so it can add up fast if you want to have, say, Uncharted: GA on your vita.

I don't want to have to 'manage' my card, though i find myself doing it with the 32gig anyway. I like to have a wide range of games at my fingertips.

I absolutely consider the 32 gig a required purchase for my gaming habits/style, but it depends on you. I mean, heck, just my ps1/psp library takes up more than 8 and I've deleted most of my ps1 games to make room for vita games.

#2652 Tourista

Tourista

*gasp* the enemy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:13 PM

For anyone who was passively following up the Deadly Premonition: DirectorsCut discussion about day one DLC, I've been tweeting back and forth with the publisher - sounds like all DLC available at launch is the pre-order exclusive suits/cars/etc. Nothing that changes the game drastically or takes away from the game if you don't have it.

Very good news! :D Rising Star Games has such a solid history - glad they aren't following other publishers lead.

Con los tourista.

Spoiler

#2653 mpaullin

mpaullin

I actually suck at CAG-ing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

While we are on the discussion of Vita memory, I just bought one off of Craigslist yesterday so am looking to invest in a memory card. Obviously 32 gigs would be my preference, but I'm not trying to spend $100. I see that Best Buy lists the 16GB card for $29.99 even though you can't order it and it is nowhere to be found in store. I plan on PMing this price at Target. My question is, if I buy two of these does the system not care if you swap out memory cards often? Or does it reformat a new memory card whenever it is inserted?

#2654 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

^It doesn't care, it only takes a second for the system to recognize the new memory card when you swap them in and out. Only thing that doesn't work well is the bubble placement, that gets reset every time you put in a new memory card. (Though I heard they were going to fix that with a future update).

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2655 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

^It doesn't care, it only takes a second for the system to recognize the new memory card when you swap them in and out. Only thing that doesn't work well is the bubble placement, that gets reset every time you put in a new memory card. (Though I heard they were going to fix that with a future update).

Thanks for the quick reply. Another question, I've passively read posts on here before about save data being linked to the full game downloads for Vita, so that if you delete the game, you lose your save. Since I have PS+, am I able to upload saves like on the PS3? That way I can delete the game and redownload later without losing progress?

Oh yeah, and one more thing. When you buy a "physical" Vita game, does the game not play off of the "physical" stick? The guy gave me a copy of LBP with it and it looks like it copied the game off the game cartridge and on to the memory stick. Which means I will always have to make room for new games even though I bought "physical" copies, right?

Sorry for the newb questions but I find the people in this thread to be a great resource.

#2656 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Another question, I've passively read posts on here before about save data being linked to the full game downloads for Vita, so that if you delete the game, you lose your save. Since I have PS+, am I able to upload saves like on the PS3? That way I can delete the game and redownload later without losing progress?

Yes, you just set it up through the Content Manager app (click on the "i" button next to each game), along with turning it on under PSN settings in the Settings app.

#2657 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Oh yeah, and one more thing. When you buy a "physical" Vita game, does the game not play off of the "physical" stick? The guy gave me a copy of LBP with it and it looks like it copied the game off the game cartridge and on to the memory stick. Which means I will always have to make room for new games even though I bought "physical" copies, right?

Sorry for the newb questions but I find the people in this thread to be a great resource.

The game plays off of the cartridge as far as I know. It creates a bubble for you to select the game, but I've never had to actually install a game from a cartridge.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#2658 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

The bubbles don't get moved around when you swap cards anymore. They issue is the system icons that are always there. Such as game cart icons and Settings, Email, etc etc.

Those bubbles need to be put in the same place on every card, because the system remembers where they go and if a memory card has a conflict then it messes it up. For example, there are 10 places on each screen.

Memory card 1: 1-6=Vita game carts, 7-8=PSN games, 9-10=system apps
Memory card 2: 1-6=PS1 games, 7-8 Minis, 9-10=PSP games

There is now a conflict with spots 1-6 and 9-10, so those get mixed up. I hope that made some sense...

I have a 32GB, 16GB, and 4GB card.

32GB is my main Vita/PSN games. Bubbles one through 3 are all Vita games (in folders). The rest are games and apps. Page 2 is system icons

16 GB is for PS1 games. The Vita icons are in the same 3 bubbles, and the system icons are on the 2nd page. The rest of the first page is for the PS1 games.

4GB is for PSP games. Vita and system icons in same place, rest for PSP games.

Hopefully that helps out.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2659 mpaullin

mpaullin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

The game plays off of the cartridge as far as I know. It creates a bubble for you to select the game, but I've never had to actually install a game from a cartridge.

Ok, cool. I didn't really investigate it much. When it recognized that the LBP game was in there a progress bar came up and I thought that it was installing the game. Thanks again guys. Now to dive into the pile of games I have to play on here from 2+ years of being a + user.

#2660 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Ok, cool. I didn't really investigate it much. When it recognized that the LBP game was in there a progress bar came up and I thought that it was installing the game. Thanks again guys. Now to dive into the pile of games I have to play on here from 2+ years of being a + user.

Some games save to the physical game card, other games saves to the Vita memory card. The way to find out is via the content manager via PS+. If the game saves to the system you can check it to upload, if it saves to the card and the card is not in the Vita you cannot select the game. I know that Lego LotR and Lego HP as well as Mortal Kombat, plus some others, save to the game card itself. All games, whether they save to the Vita memory card or game card store a tiny bit of data to the Vita directly, not sure how much but I assume very little, so you have a bubble/icon for it.

I will admit the LBP game takes the longest to be recognized, no idea why, but it is not installing anything really.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#2661 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Some games save to the physical game card, other games saves to the Vita memory card. The way to find out is via the content manager via PS+. If the game saves to the system you can check it to upload, if it saves to the card and the card is not in the Vita you cannot select the game. I know that Lego LotR and Lego HP as well as Mortal Kombat, plus some others, save to the game card itself. All games, whether they save to the Vita memory card or game card store a tiny bit of data to the Vita directly, not sure how much but I assume very little, so you have a bubble/icon for it.

I will admit the LBP game takes the longest to be recognized, no idea why, but it is not installing anything really.

The easy way is to look at the boxart. If it has the memory card requirement on the front, it saves to the memory card and if it doesn't, it saves on the game's card.

#2662 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

The easy way is to look at the boxart. If it has the memory card requirement on the front, it saves to the memory card and if it doesn't, it saves on the game's card.

True, I always forget about that.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#2663 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yes, you just set it up through the Content Manager app (click on the "i" button next to each game), along with turning it on under PSN settings in the Settings app.

I find this mildly annoying and don't understand why there isn't some automatic option to do this for all games. It takes me awhile to remember to go in and manually set this up for any new games I get. It seems like the Vita should at least do the same as PS3 and ask you if you want it to back up to cloud when you first start a brand new game. Am I missing an option that allows this?

#2664 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

I find this mildly annoying and don't understand why there isn't some automatic option to do this for all games. It takes me awhile to remember to go in and manually set this up for any new games I get. It seems like the Vita should at least do the same as PS3 and ask you if you want it to back up to cloud when you first start a brand new game. Am I missing an option that allows this?

Nope, it's exactly like that without an automatic/prompted option. Always thought that was a weird oversight.

#2665 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

PS+ update is up
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2666 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Damn, that's a ton of deals
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#2667 ckehvin

ckehvin

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:51 PM

Holy. So much sales! :D

FeaturePoints: Never pay for games again.
Now Playing:
:pc: Smite

#2668 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:52 PM

darn, was really hoping the sly collection would be $10:cry:

Not sure what to get now:-k

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#2669 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

PS+ update is up

wow lots of games on sale this week :bouncy:

if anyone is looking to buy the Metal Gear Solid games, I'd wait for the MGS Legacy Collection which comes with every game that is on sale except for the portable ops games and the vita hd collection

T9rTk6Q.gif

#2670 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

That would be nice to have it ask each time, though this way is a lot nicer for mass managing the list of games rather than having to go through each individually like on the PS3.

Edit: http://blog.us.plays...ee-for-members/

Here's this week's update for PS+:

April is drawing to an end with the last week of Spring Fever, and we’re happy to close out the month with Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge! It’s releasing tomorrow, and PS Plus members will be able to download it free on their PS3 or PS Vita. You’ll also want to check out this week’s enormous franchise sale on games with their characters featured in PlayStation All-Stars. Games from the BioShock series, Metal Gear Solid series, LittleBigPlanet, inFAMOUS, …it’s a big one guys.

With that said, let’s hop into it. The following will be arriving with tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

April 30th PlayStation Plus Update

SPRING FEVER – Zombie Tycoon II: Brainhov’s Revenge

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

PSN Price: $9.99, Free for PS Plus members

Pick your side in the epic war between two evil masterminds: apprentice-gone-rogue Orville Tycoon and his army of heavy-duty zombies, or his vengeance-thirsty mentor Professor Brainhov and his frantic masses of agile undead! Post Z-day, Tycoon’s mad machination to extinguish all life in Finkleville has almost reached its apogee. During the final siege on the human fortress, his former mentor makes a sudden comeback, seeking retribution for his apprentice’s betrayal and eager to reclaim his rightful place as alpha mad scientist. Only one question remains: who shall win? Slow zombies, or fast zombies? Find out as undead armies clash in both the immersive single player campaign and the competitive multiplayer mode!

SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

(PS3 and PS Vita – Cross Buy Enabled)

Up to 50% off Discounts for PS Plus members

While there will be a number of titles on sale as part of the broader Spring Fever PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale, Plus members get an extra discount on the following titles. You can see the full list of titles on sale in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store Update post, but please note that not all of the titles in this franchise sale have a PS Plus discount.

PS3
BioShock - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
BioShock 2 - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
God of War HD - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
God of War II HD - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
God of War Collection - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
God of War: Origins Collection - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
inFAMOUS - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
inFAMOUS 2 - $13.99 PSN - Free PS+
inFAMOUS Festival of Blood - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
LittleBigPlanet - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
LittleBigPlanet 2 - $13.99 PSN - Free PS+
LittleBigPlanet Karting - $27.99 PSN - $19.59 PS+
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD Edition - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $27.99 PSN - $19.59 PS+
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $27.99 PSN - $19.59 PS+
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - $13.99 PSN - Free PS+
Ratchet & Clank Collection - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
The Sly Collection - $20.99 PSN - $14.69 PS+
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Sly 2: Band of Thieves - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Sly Cooper : Thieves in Time - $27.99 PSN - $19.59 PS+
Twisted Metal - $27.99 PSN - $19.59 PS+

Vita
LittleBigPlanet - $24.99 PSN - $17.49 PS+
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection - $24.49 PSN - $17.14 PS+
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - $24.99 PSN - $17.49 PS+
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - $18.49 PSN - $12.94 PS+

PSP
God of War : Chains of Olympus - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
LittleBigPlanet - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $13.99 PSN - $9.79 PS+
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Secret Agent Clank - $10.49 PSN - $7.34 PS+
Twisted Metal: Head-On - $5.59 PSN - $3.91 PS+

PS1 Classics
Metal Gear Solid - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+
Twisted Metal - $3.99 PSN - $2.79 PS+
Twisted Metal 2 - $3.99 PSN - $2.79 PS+

PS2 Classics
Twisted Metal: Black - $6.99 PSN - $4.89 PS+

Last Chance (Leaving on 5/7)

Deals
SPRING FEVER – PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Heritage Sale

Games
Demon’s Souls

You’ll find all the content detailed above with their Plus benefits active when the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow. You can also look forward to next week where we’ll announce May’s PlayStation Plus lineup.

Got something on your mind about PS Plus, or anything PlayStation related? Comment below, and head over to the PlayStation Community Forums to find and create other topics to contribute your thoughts to, or start one yourself. Thanks, as always — looking forward to chatting you guys up in the comments and on the PlayStation Forums.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 29 April 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PSN, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Store, PS3, PlayStation 3, Vita, PSP, PlayStation Plus, PS+