April @Gamer Coupons: $25 NFS: MW, $20 Hitman and Sleeping Dogs

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Same deal as last time, coupons available in store with GC Unlocked subscription or available from the digital magazine.

Valid from 4/7 - 5/4

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 & 360) for $24.99 (fixed price)
$20 off Hitman: Absolution (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Sleeping Dogs (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off MLB 12: The Show (PS3) - $10 AC
$20 off World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Collector's Edition (PC) - $60 AC
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
$10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up
$25 off Select Gunnar Gaming Eyeware (Doesn't specify which pairs)

An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
Still nothing for me. I haven't used the coupons at all except once when I signed up. The 20 off Hitman and Sleeping Dogs nice, but already own those and I paid less than after the coupon anyhow. Maybe some will get lucky with a last minute price drop on them before they expire.

Pretty lame set of coupons this month, given that most of these games have already been on sale for around those price points several times in the last 6 months.

I do hope they have a price cut/sale for Sleeping Dogs, so the final price is $15 or less.

Aww, nothing for me unless they have a sale on Sleeping Dogs. Maybe I will see about picking up Doom 3 or Zone of the Enders before the current coupons expire...

Let my sub lapse last month and not caring so much so far. The 10% on trades used to be worth it alone before the BB TIV disappointments recently.

I know that Gunnar glasses are probably snakeoil bullshit but I'd still like to grab a cheap pair...too bad the prescription models cost $300-400.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I know that Gunnar glasses are probably snakeoil bullshit but I'd still like to grab a cheap pair...too bad the prescription models cost $300-400.[/QUOTE]

They reduce eye strain, but don't expect them to improve your vision in any manner whatsoever.

Seeing this...I'm glad I didn't renew after receiving my final issue in March. I think even with a price drop that these games will be too much. My max these days is $15...but I hesitate even at that. Has to be $10 or less for an insta-buy of any game at this point thanks to the Microsoft Holiday sale and the new generation gearing up.

[quote name='Anexanhume']They reduce eye strain, but don't expect them to improve your vision in any manner whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

That's what I want them for. Almost all of my gaming time is at night and I like to have most/all of the lights off; after a couple of hours it starts to bug my eyes. As far as I can tell all of the non-RX models won't fit cleanly over my glasses (not that I'd want to do that anyway). It'd be nice to have a pair of gaming glasses that I can leave with my headset/etc but I can't find a decent/cheap RX option.

I just picked up MW on sale at Sam's Club for $22.
I am really looking for a deal on the PC version. Hopefully this will drive that price down.

One question, it says, "fixed price" does that mean you don't need to be a @Gamer subscriber?

good god these coupons are horrific !!!! even after the coupon discounts the prices are still too high. i guess they used last march as some sort of bait and switch lmao. at least the dbz game made me back the 15$ i spent on the @gamer sub

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I know that Gunnar glasses are probably snakeoil bullshit but I'd still like to grab a cheap pair...too bad the prescription models cost $300-400.[/QUOTE]

They need to make Clip ons. If they did I might go for a set.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']The Hitman and Sleeping Dogs coupons have potential.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully.. considering Square Enix said they both failed to meet sales expectations.

Drop. those. prices! :applause:

[quote name='Zimmy']
One question, it says, "fixed price" does that mean you don't need to be a @Gamer subscriber?[/QUOTE]
It just means with the use of the coupon, the game will be a flat $24.99. No further discounts.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']The Hitman and Sleeping Dogs coupons have potential.[/QUOTE]

gamestop has had hitmans msrp for 30$ for like two months now. watch bestbuy drop the msrp for these games after they expire, they did it for prototype

I guess enough people signed up for GCU take advantage of the $20 Rewards back on select pre-orders deal that they feel they don't need to give us good coupons anymore. j/k. That's probably why they stopped stocking the magazine in-store. "...no one is going to pay $5 for these crappy coupons..." lol.

I do enough trade-ins that my sub will always pay for itself 20 times over so I'm not complaining.

At this point I look forward more to the random sales BBY has been having over the @gamer and trade in values. Funny how quickly that changed.

thanks op, but isn't sleeping dogs coupon a repeat from a few months back? lol contemplating whether i should renew

There will NEVER be a sale price on these games - the coupon thing went from being a nice deal for loyal gaming customers to a sale as weak as gamestops offerings

[quote name='YBX87']thanks op, but isn't sleeping dogs coupon a repeat from a few months back? lol contemplating whether i should renew[/QUOTE]

Yup

[quote name='Kovorkian']Doesn't look like anything to me except maybe the Pre-owned deal[/QUOTE]

This coupon could be good if they continue to put the used versions on sale along with the new.

[quote name='strait edge follower']good god these coupons are horrific !!!! even after the coupon discounts the prices are still too high. i guess they used last march as some sort of bait and switch lmao. at least the dbz game made me back the 15$ i spent on the @gamer sub[/QUOTE]

I agree 110% with everything in this post.

dbz also helped.

Lame...unless, as has been said, there's a sale on sleeping dogs or hitman.

Then again, I think my sub ends after the current month, so I can just wait until there are good coupons to re-up. And I will therefore not be as annoyed by lack of good coupons.

Well if the WoW CE were to hit the $40 like I've seen at other places that coupon would be a deal - but I don't see that happening. Guess the $10 off used *could* be useful, but their used games are typically overpriced anyway. Meh.

You could go back and look at every thread about the @Gamer coupons and it's always the EXACT same song and dance. People start off crying and bitching about how there are no free games or some bullshit and then a few weeks later when there's a sale or price drop that puts a game or two at $5 or $10 everyone loves it.

I love CAG.

Hopefully Hitman and SD hit a good price. I've beat both of them, but I haven't played any of the SD DLC and would like to try Professional Mode on Hitman.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You could go back and look at every thread about the @Gamer coupons and it's always the EXACT same song and dance. People start off crying...then a few weeks later when there's a sale or price drop that puts a game or two at $5 or $10 everyone loves it.

I love CAG.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='chriscolbert']You could go back and look at every thread about the @Gamer coupons and it's always the EXACT same song and dance. People start off crying and bitching about how there are no free games or some bullshit and then a few weeks later when there's a sale or price drop that puts a game or two at $5 or $10 everyone loves it.

I love CAG.[/QUOTE]

$80 off Sleeping Dogs...I can see it now...

[quote name='chriscolbert']You could go back and look at every thread about the @Gamer coupons and it's always the EXACT same song and dance. People start off crying and bitching about how there are no free games or some bullshit and then a few weeks later when there's a sale or price drop that puts a game or two at $5 or $10 everyone loves it.

I love CAG.[/QUOTE]

this acually doesnt happen often. the last time i recall this happening was with mass effect 3 and lollypop chainsaw and that was a few months ago. the prototype 2 one was a error that lasted a day so i dont count that one

I let my Gamer's club membership expire because I haven't used any of the coupons in like 6 months.

This set of coupons helps to reinforce my decision.

I love CAG.[/QUOTE]

If you had been paying attention you'd know that they haven't been running sales on the coupon games for the past few months, with the exception of Prototype 2 (which was apparently a short-lived mistake).

I love CAG too. :roll:

I assume the old topic is dead now so I'll repost my question(s).

So I assume in going digital, you no longer get any issues sent to your house. Is there any way to get a coupon to use on BestBuy.com without going digital? How long does it take to receive the digital coupons to use?

If not, would anyone PM me a spare online coupon for DBZ Kinect?

Edit: I really don't think the coupons are so horrible. Best Buy has a month to adopt the new MSRP for Hitman, so it has a chance of hitting $10 territory. As for Sleeping Dogs, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sale putting it @ $20 or less with coupon, which it's definitely worth. I have it on Hungarian GoD but it's so good I'm tempted to double-dip to support the developer's "failure". The question is whether or not a compilation edition is around the corner.

[quote name='strait edge follower']good god these coupons are horrific !!!! even after the coupon discounts the prices are still too high. i guess they used last march as some sort of bait and switch lmao. at least the dbz game made me back the 15$ i spent on the @gamer sub[/QUOTE]

b2g1 new got me mine back :D

bread's done
Back