BB - 2 Day Sale - Little Big Planet Karting $17.99 - Wii Epic Mickey 2 $9.99

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

If you want a good kart racing game, save your money and wait for Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed to go on sale. LBP Karting is fun, but the racing itself is incredibly shallow. Sonic is one of the best, if not the best, kart racing games I've ever played.

As soon as I see Sonic Transformed for $20 for Wii U or 360 I'm getting it. That's what I've been waiting for.

#32 JonnyHeartthrob

JonnyHeartthrob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Little Big Planet Racing any good?

My wife and I got instantly bored after the first race. Her favorite games all-time are LittleBigPlanet and Mario Kart. So take that for what you will. I really had high hopes. :cry:

#33 rexflexall

rexflexall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Ah what the Hell...just ordered Epic Mickey 2 for the kids. After my $5 RZ cert only cost me $5.xx after tax.
CAG? I'm Cheap Ass everything:booty:

#34 abilyk

abilyk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, OP! My $20 worth of points from preordering Bioshock Infinite just went live, so I put them to good use here.

#35 24thdoor

24thdoor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Had $10 in reward certs, so I grabbed a WiiU controller. Maybe I'll have a reason to use it someday...

Thanks, OP.

#36 zubalove

zubalove

Old and In the Way

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hmmm.... Epic Mickey 2 worth it for $10?

#37 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

karting isn't amazing but worth the $20 or so, I got it back in january. it's sad mostly because of what it should have been (mario kart with a amazing map editor) but sadly the racing/karting portion of the game is mediocre at best. but still. $20 isn't too bad.

#38 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Hmmm.... Epic Mickey 2 worth it for $10?

What I was wondering myself. If the fixed the camera on 1 then I would say it would be, but looking for input myself

#39 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

The controller is tempting but I have no games that actually use it...

#40 Braxis

Braxis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

EM2 is a terrible game to begin with though. I'd recommend anyone that is considering it to save their money.

#41 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Also interested in hearing thoughts of Epic Mickey 2. I own the first game and though I haven't finished it yet I've definitely enjoyed what I've played so far. I've held off on buying 2 so far because the reviews seem mixed but maybe at $10 it's worth a shot.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mass Effect 3, Super Mario World, FIFA 13

#42 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

FYI, Sonic Racing is on sale on the eShop. You also get 10% back if you're a Deluxe Wii U owner.

Just bought the White Classic Controller Pro. Will come in handy in the future (especially when the next Smash Bros comes out!). May as well pick it up now since controllers rarely ever go cheap. I bet this will be the only sale in a while so if you need an extra controller, pick it up now.

#43 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Also interested in hearing thoughts of Epic Mickey 2. I own the first game and though I haven't finished it yet I've definitely enjoyed what I've played so far. I've held off on buying 2 so far because the reviews seem mixed but maybe at $10 it's worth a shot.

it is average, but $10 price point cannot hurt

#44 Autosaver

Autosaver

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

it is average, but $10 price point cannot hurt

Epic Mickey literally is trash.

Then again, this is the Wii release which is supposed to be the best version. Metacritic has more positive scores for this release so I guess it's the version with the least amount of problem. Most effort + Pointer controls = OK game?

#45 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Epic Mickey literally is trash.

Then again, this is the Wii release which is supposed to be the best version. Metacritic has more positive scores for this release so I guess it's the version with the least amount of problem. Most effort + Pointer controls = OK game?

The game was built for the Wii and then ported by another company to the other platforms.

Also..."literally trash" is a bit strong. It's okay to say you don't like the game, but to call it trash is hyperbole at its finest.

oIi9lub.png

#46 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

The way Best Buy is putting EM2 on sale recently, it will hit a $4.99ish price via DotD by this year / summer, if you need a reason to hold out for longer. Otherwise if you like 3D platformers and are a fan of Disney, $9.99 isn't a bad price.

#47 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

The way Best Buy is putting EM2 on sale recently, it will hit a $4.99ish price via DotD by this year

Yeah I was just about to say the same thing , LOL.

#48 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

ive been doing my part to help gamestop get more copies of this mediocre game :D
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#49 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Isn't lbpk x-play? If so then it is what, essentially $9 per copy?

xivpads.png

#50 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

waiting for this price on ps3 mickey. Already at $20.

#51 Tendoboy

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

Rumble Blast is $10

Edit: nvm I think it's from the last sale.

Aside from the deal,
the cat fail is hilarious!!!