PS3(Japanese Version) Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch 15.99w/3.64 shipping

$3.64 to United States
Insurance optional, $2.01
Ships in 1-2 business days

I have never used this site though, but you need to add the shipping fee, if this is a legit website.

You should also point out hat this version is the Asian version just for those who want to know.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Well I bit. I heard somewhere they have English subtitles so hopefully I am not wrong.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. I'd be more tempted if it had English subtitles too.

There are Asian versions that do have the English language option. If you go to Play-Asia it's almost always referenced there under the version what languages whether audio only or everything. This one says the Asian version is in Japanese only though.

[quote name='62t']If you click on the picture of the back cover it clearly said text is Japanese only.[/QUOTE]

Just looked it up and its confirmed that its Japanese only.

[quote name='UnwovenNebula']Just looked it up and its confirmed that its Japanese only.[/QUOTE]

thats what I said on the 3rd post.

[quote name='pdjones']You'll have to create a JP psn account if you want any DLC for this game.[/QUOTE]

Actually an Asian PSN account since this is the Asian version of the game

[quote name='ffboi7']Actually an Asian PSN account since this is the Asian version of the game[/QUOTE]

actually both Asian and JP PSN works since the data on the disc are the same.

[quote name='ckc4043']Is this site legit? Do I need to buy insurance?[/QUOTE]

Bonanza is an eBay like site where buyers post their individual items for sale. Carinso (the seller of this game) is one of the main sellers of games on this site and has a great rep. I have ordered from him plenty of times & I would not worry at all. The cool thing about Carinso is that they will give you a tracking number and ship it out to you for $6 from Hong Kong. Not even the bigger sellers (Play-Asia) offer tracking on their cheap shipping option. Granted this has insurance as a option so you might not get the tracking if you do not elect to purchase it...

just placed order............woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have US/JPN/ASN PSN accounts so it really doesn't bother me at all.

For those of you who placed the order, have you dealt with the website before, or you are just hoping this isn't a scam site?

[quote name='UnwovenNebula']Used paypal too, going to keep this one sealed in case it becomes a rarity.[/QUOTE]

It won't lol.

If anything it will just be an alternate cover for your collection.

[quote name='StryderOmega']It won't lol.

If anything it will just be an alternate cover for your collection.[/QUOTE]

haha fingers crossed

That's a really good deal. I bought it myself on eBay, two months ago, for a bit over $40, and that was the best price I'd seen. I'm not sure if mine is the "Asian" version or the Japanese version (I didn't know there was a difference), but based on the copy I have, here are a few things to note for those who are interested in picking one up:

- the packed-in DLC code expired late last year.
- if DLC is a big deal to you, there's an "All-in-One" edition you might want to seek instead.
- contrary to what others suggested, there are no English subtitles, at least in the version I picked up.

If you're learning Japanese, this is a great game to play as your first Japanese game, as it doesn't require a high proficiency level. The game uses furigana (pretty crucial for looking up words you don't yet know) and plenty of voice-acting. Also, even if you don't understand the dialogue, you'll rarely/never find yourself confused about where to go next, as the mini-map gets marked for you.

[quote name='Josh1billion']That's a really good deal. I bought it myself on eBay, two months ago, for a bit over $40, and that was the best price I'd seen. I'm not sure if mine is the "Asian" version or the Japanese version (I didn't know there was a difference), but based on the copy I have, here are a few things to note for those who are interested in picking one up:

- the packed-in DLC code expired late last year.
- if DLC is a big deal to you, there's an "All-in-One" edition you might want to seek instead.
- contrary to what others suggested, there are no English subtitles, at least in the version I picked up.

If you're learning Japanese, this is a great game to play as your first Japanese game, as it doesn't require a high proficiency level. The game uses furigana (pretty crucial for looking up words you don't yet know) and plenty of voice-acting. Also, even if you don't understand the dialogue, you'll rarely/never find yourself confused about where to go next, as the mini-map gets marked for you.[/QUOTE]

Just a OT question: what have you been using to learn Japanese? I would like to learn, but obviously a new language is a huge undertaking

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just a OT question: what have you been using to learn Japanese? I would like to learn, but obviously a new language is a huge undertaking[/QUOTE]
I started with Heisig's book "Remembering the Kana," which is what I'd recommend completing before starting anything else. Most other resources assume that you've already learned the kana. Takes about a week or two, depending on how much time you spend on it per day. Beyond that, it's just a cycle of learning new grammar and learning new vocabulary.

For grammar, right now I'm reading "Japanese: The Manga Way" (excellent book, $16 new on Amazon). Here's a great, online grammar guide to use as a free alternative, which is what I started with.

For vocabulary, I've mainly used Memrise. Start with the JLPT5 vocabulary list, which is the most basic, working your way toward JLPT1, which is the most advanced. Make sure you stick to the JLPT lists; skip over everything else, including the "Basic Japanese words" and whatever lists. Other than that, some of my vocabulary has also come from playing games and looking up the words I don't already recognize (Ni no Kuni has been great for this).

Optionally, you can pick up "Remembering the Kanji" by Heisig (same guy who wrote "Remembering the Kana"). If you want to be able to write Japanese, definitely pick up a copy, but if you only care about being able to read Japanese, it's optional. It's an old book, so you can get it for cheap; I snagged a used copy for $5 on eBay.

I'm also working on a web app of my own for learning Japanese right now. Doing it in my little free time means its launch is still months away, but I do believe it will be more useful/effective than anything else that's available right now.. the approach I'm taking with it is very unique.

[quote name='ckc4043']Is this site legit? Do I need to buy insurance?[/QUOTE]

If it's not what would buying insurance do

[quote name='Josh1billion']I'm not sure if mine is the "Asian" version or the Japanese version (I didn't know there was a difference).[/QUOTE]

You probably bought the JP version for that price, but it's fairly easy to tell the difference. You can generally tell by the CERO rating and the text on the back - for Japan it says 'FOR JAPAN ONLY', and for Asian versions it says 'FOR HOME USE ONLY'.

Of course, any description on the box that's in Chinese gives it away too, but you have to know the language better to be able to tell the difference.

Hey, thanks for the useful info Josh1billion, appreciated! The lack of subtitle is a bummer. I didn't know there's an "all-in-one" edition coming out, I'll wait for that then.

Ooh, pretty interesting. I'm a massive weeaboo and I've been looking for more stuff to play in Japanese, so this is pretty tempting. On the other hand, there's apparently an All In One edition (as mentioned before), which seems to come with an Easy mode (yuck), all the previously released DLC, and three characters from some social game based on it. I can do without the first and probably the third, but what about the DLC quests? Has anyone who's played the American version tell me how they are (assuming they've even been brought over)? I'm not entirely sure how the DLC between regions/accounts carry over, but could I buy this version and just purchase the DLC separately on a Japanese/English account? I'm also slightly hesitant because I don't actually have a PS3 yet, but meh.

For the record, there is absolutely no English in this, according to the back of the box.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Just a OT question: what have you been using to learn Japanese? I would like to learn, but obviously a new language is a huge undertaking[/QUOTE]

If you don't mind being insulted by a drunk white guy, Nama-sensei is entertaining and goes over the basics pretty well. Just the basics, though.

After that, start memorizing kanji with Heisig's Remember the Kanji. A Reviewing the Kanji account is indispensable for this, as is reviewing every day with Anki. For grammar, use Tae Kim's Grammar Guide - it's excellent. After that, just read JP and compare it to official English translations until things start to make sense.

You're right about it being a huge undertaking, though. Expect a lot of pain and frustration due to how absolutely bonkers grammar can be, and at forgetting kanji you reviewed literally five minutes ago for the fifth time that day. But for what it's worth, it's doable.

Why torture yourself if you don't speak or can't read Japanese? I like Japanese audio but if you can't read subtitles I feel, even if you could fudge your way through it, you would be missing out considerably on all the little nuances of the plot lines.

EDIT: As for just owning it to have it, yeah that might be kind of cool. I could see a fighting game being fudged through a bit easier than a long JRPG though. To each his own I guess. :)

[quote name='airco']Ooh, pretty interesting. I'm a massive weeaboo and I've been looking for more stuff to play in Japanese, so this is pretty tempting. On the other hand, there's apparently an All In One edition (as mentioned before), which seems to come with an Easy mode (yuck), all the previously released DLC, and three characters from some social game based on it. I can do without the first and probably the third, but what about the DLC quests? Has anyone who's played the American version tell me how they are (assuming they've even been brought over)? I'm not entirely sure how the DLC between regions/accounts carry over, but could I buy this version and just purchase the DLC separately on a Japanese/English account? I'm also slightly hesitant because I don't actually have a PS3 yet, but meh.

For the record, there is absolutely no English in this, according to the back of the box.[/QUOTE]

All of those DLC are already available to download for free for the JP version of the game. If I recall, you don't even need a JP account to download it because Easy mode and the quests are available via patch update (I assume this is on-disc for the All in One), and the 3 familiars are downloaded within the game itself. At least, that's how it worked for me, and I bought the JP version back in August.

As for the American version, Easy mode and the quests are available already. The 3 extra Imajinn are still missing as of now. I really liked the fencer rabbit, sucks that the US doesn't get him.

[quote name='AkariK']All of those DLC are already available to download for free for the JP version of the game. If I recall, you don't even need a JP account to download it because Easy mode and the quests are available via patch update (I assume this is on-disc for the All in One), and the 3 familiars are downloaded within the game itself. At least, that's how it worked for me, and I bought the JP version back in August.[/QUOTE]

They're free? That explains why I couldn't find prices for them. Then why does All In One edition even exist if the content it has is freely available outside of the three Imajinn?

[quote name='AkariK']You probably bought the JP version for that price, but it's fairly easy to tell the difference. You can generally tell by the CERO rating and the text on the back - for Japan it says 'FOR JAPAN ONLY', and for Asian versions it says 'FOR HOME USE ONLY'.

Of course, any description on the box that's in Chinese gives it away too, but you have to know the language better to be able to tell the difference.[/QUOTE]
Ahh, thanks for the info. Mine is the Asian version, then.

[quote name='Serpentor']Hey, thanks for the useful info Josh1billion, appreciated! The lack of subtitle is a bummer. I didn't know there's an "all-in-one" edition coming out, I'll wait for that then.[/QUOTE]
You're welcome, good luck. :)

[quote name='Josh1billion']I started with Heisig's book "Remembering the Kana," which is what I'd recommend completing before starting anything else. Most other resources assume that you've already learned the kana. Takes about a week or two, depending on how much time you spend on it per day. Beyond that, it's just a cycle of learning new grammar and learning new vocabulary.

For grammar, right now I'm reading "Japanese: The Manga Way" (excellent book, $16 new on Amazon). Here's a great, online grammar guide to use as a free alternative, which is what I started with.

For vocabulary, I've mainly used Memrise. Start with the JLPT5 vocabulary list, which is the most basic, working your way toward JLPT1, which is the most advanced. Make sure you stick to the JLPT lists; skip over everything else, including the "Basic Japanese words" and whatever lists. Other than that, some of my vocabulary has also come from playing games and looking up the words I don't already recognize (Ni no Kuni has been great for this).

Optionally, you can pick up "Remembering the Kanji" by Heisig (same guy who wrote "Remembering the Kana"). If you want to be able to write Japanese, definitely pick up a copy, but if you only care about being able to read Japanese, it's optional. It's an old book, so you can get it for cheap; I snagged a used copy for $5 on eBay.

I'm also working on a web app of my own for learning Japanese right now. Doing it in my little free time means its launch is still months away, but I do believe it will be more useful/effective than anything else that's available right now.. the approach I'm taking with it is very unique.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to look into that too, Thx

bread's done
Back