Sega Genesis 6-Pak

marblemanic

CAG Newbie
I was playing "Streets of Rage" on genesis lastnight and realized that i was beating the bad guys with a beer bottle. The pipe was a nice weapon too, but not nearly as funny as breaking a beer bottle over someones head. "streets of rage" isn't a bad game considering it is a complete rip off of double dragon, but will one guy instead of two.

Lastnight was the first night i played the recently attained Genesis 6-Pak.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Revenge of Shinobi
Columns (tetris rip off)
Super Hang-on

Most of these games are horrible. Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Revenge of Shinobi were pretty fun. The others are pretty lame.

streets of rage 1 was bad. Streets of rage 2 blows away any beat em up especially double dragon

[quote name='CronO_O']streets of rage 1 was bad. Streets of rage 2 blows away any beat em up especially double dragon[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain to me why Streets of Rage 2 is often quoted as the best beat em' up ever? It's a good game, but I can think of several beat em' ups that are better.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']What the hell you talking about Columns horrible? A bunch of men that's reaching 40 and love the Genesis would love a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, sorry i offended you with my free thinking. LMAO! I didn't think anyone would read this anyway. :lol:

But seriously it seems everytime they put out a multi game cart, the games are put there because they wouldn't sell by themselves. Granted Sonic was one of the better games for the genesis, but it was only put on this cart so people would buy it.

Was columns ever put on a cart by itself? Not really a genesis guy myself, I am more of a magnavox odysessy-NES fan. A gluten for punishment, i guess you would say.

[quote name='Rodimus']Can someone explain to me why Streets of Rage 2 is often quoted as the best beat em' up ever? It's a good game, but I can think of several beat em' ups that are better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like Double Dragon!

[quote name='CronO_O']streets of rage 1 was bad. Streets of rage 2 blows away any beat em up especially double dragon[/QUOTE]

REALLY? I will have to disagree with you, RESPECTFULLY!

[quote name='marblemanic']Was columns ever put on a cart by itself? Not really a genesis guy myself, I am more of a magnavox odysessy-NES fan. A gluten for punishment, i guess you would say.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it got it's own release originally(all 6 games did).

That 6 pak is something Sega released late in the Genesis' life, when they were able to figure out how to cram those earlier games into one cartridge. It was a pack-in for the Model 2 Genesis.

[quote name='marblemanic']Yeah like Double Dragon![/QUOTE]

Double Dragon is great but I don't see it really even being a comparison to SoR2. To be fair, there is about 5 years difference in the games.

SoR2 = 4 characters vs 1 (Billy/Jimmy are the same), better music overall (DD still has great music), more moves per character (instead of standard punch/jump)

Both are dated by todays standards, but when I was a kid SoR2 was easily the best of it's genre for it's time.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']What the hell you talking about Columns horrible? A bunch of men that's reaching 40 and love the Genesis would love a word with you.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this. Columns was a blast!

I think the only game I don't really care for on the ol' 6-pak is Hang-On. Just sorta meh IMO.

Also, I don't really like Sonic, but I seem to be somewhat unusual in that way.

[quote name='marblemanic']I was playing "Streets of Rage" on genesis lastnight and realized that i was beating the bad guys with a beer bottle. The pipe was a nice weapon too, but not nearly as funny as breaking a beer bottle over someones head. "streets of rage" isn't a bad game considering it is a complete rip off of double dragon, but will one guy instead of two.

Lastnight was the first night i played the recently attained Genesis 6-Pak.

Sonic the Hedgehog
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Revenge of Shinobi
Columns (tetris rip off)
Super Hang-on

Most of these games are horrible. Golden Axe, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Revenge of Shinobi were pretty fun. The others are pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? What are you, 13? Columns a Tetris rip off? fuck, I used to play for over an hour on a single game of Columns. I only stopped because I got bored and it no longer presented a challenge

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Seriously? What are you, 13? Columns a Tetris rip off? fuck, I used to play for over an hour on a single game of Columns. I only stopped because I got bored and it no longer presented a challenge[/QUOTE]

This comment reminds me of when me and a buddy started playing tetris on MAME with controllers. We played for over 8 hours straight.

My cousin had this exact same "6Pak"

Columns and Streets of Rage got a ton of play. I was always a fan of Streets of Rage 2 more myself, but both great games. The music is still great to this day, in my opinion.

bread's done
Back