Get Amazon GC's at GameStop now

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#121 maxiell

maxiell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

Someone already posted the sku earlier in the thread, so I guess you could write that down and ask for it that way.

No idea on the PUR points, but I strongly doubt you get them.

#122 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Someone already posted the sku earlier in the thread, so I guess you could write that down and ask for it that way.

No idea on the PUR points, but I strongly doubt you get them.

Their FAQ page says no on gamestop gift cards and only lists new games and consoles as earning 10 points, but I want to be doubly sure. I'm 5k points away from a $25 coupon and spending my $500 credit on a PS4 would get me there so it doesn't make sense to buy GC instead since I live in a tax state for amazon.

#123 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Omg! OMGGG!!!! Ya'll are just finding out about this?! I knew about it 2,000 years ago, but was too selfish to share it.:roll:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't post about it because it's not a deal. Amazon of today is just the Walmart of the online retailers. They have no deals of their own; they just pm everybody else. If this was the Amazon of 2010 that gave $20 credit with every big game, then maybe it would be a deal. As it stands now, this is about as titilating as if GS sold Wally World gcs -- big whoop-de-fucking-do.

#124 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't post about it because it's not a deal. Amazon of today is just the Walmart of the online retailers. They have no deals of their own; they just pm everybody else. If this was the Amazon of 2010 that gave $20 credit with every big game, then maybe it would be a deal. As it stands now, this is about as titilating as if GS sold Wally World gcs -- big whoop-de-fucking-do.

Amazon may not be satisfactory in gaming deals, but a lot of CAGs, especially those with big families, still rely heavily on Amazon. So it really is a big deal, I really wish I knew this earlier on CAG.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#125 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's interesting to me as I spend my money on other things. Oh like Diapers, toys, clothes etc.

Did GS start selling these recently, if not transferring to AMZ is a great deal for me.

#126 foreinter

foreinter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Can someone tell me the sku number?

#127 Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

Just transfered $225 in Gamestop credit to Amazon. Thanks op. My receipt was a mile long.

LOL, I just did $150 in $25 increments, plus $20 for Steam...longest receipt I've ever seen! The manager and I got a laugh out of it.

#128 Thunderbolt7

Thunderbolt7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:29 PM

can someone tell me the sku number?

#129 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

wow I guess I'm trading in some games I had been waiting on and cashing out.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#130 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Amazon may not be satisfactory in gaming deals, but a lot of CAGs, especially those with big families, still rely heavily on Amazon. So it really is a big deal, I really wish I knew this earlier on CAG.

It's interesting to me as I spend my money on other things. Oh like Diapers, toys, clothes etc.

Did GS start selling these recently, if not transferring to AMZ is a great deal for me.

That's great for you guys but we are on a video game deals board so all my thoughts are geared toward someone who is buying video games not someone who needs to clothe and feed their child.

#131 pv41584

pv41584

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

My gamestop was clueless about the Amazon credits. Do they not receive a company email explaining this is now an option?

#132 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

I plan on using all my erewards gamestop credit for a PS4 so I don't think I will make the swap.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#133 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

That's great for you guys but we are on a video game deals board so all my thoughts are geared toward someone who is buying video games not someone who needs to clothe and feed their child.

It's about using a game-oriented chain store, through video game purchases and video game trade-in to switch credit to another site that sells many useful products, including video games. How is this not logical in a video game board?

Plus, a lot of us are still buying video games from Amazon, your hatred towards their declining deal qualities (or just Amazon in general) does not make this site irrelevant for video game purchases, nor does it undermine the value of this thread.

EDIT: Yes, I also know some like oasisboy dislikes Amazon just like you. I do not like or dislike any retailer, I just do the math and get the best prices.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#134 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

My gamestop was clueless about the Amazon credits. Do they not receive a company email explaining this is now an option?

You give way too much credit to any retail company with hourly employees, especially one that only has 1 or 2 employees at any given time.

#135 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

Well said. Too many damn amazon fanboys here.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#136 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

:D I was just talking about you in my earlier reply :lol:
You really are known for your emotions towards Amazon.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#137 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

Ironic.

I love this thread's tag. "Gamestop dun goofed". So true too, most CAGs, myself included, will likely be taking advantage of this credit conversion, as Amazon's credit is vastly more useful than Gamestop's.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#138 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

It's about using a game-oriented chain store, through video game purchases and video game trade-in to switch credit to another site that sells many useful products, including video games. How is this not logical in a video game board?

Plus, a lot of us are still buying video games from Amazon, your hatred towards their declining deal qualities (or just Amazon in general) does not make this site irrelevant for video game purchases, nor does it undermine the value of this thread.

EDIT: Yes, I also know some like oasisboy dislikes Amazon just like you. I do not like or dislike any retailer, I just do the math and get the best prices.

Wtf? You're reading into what I typed way too much. I don't hate Amazon or any of the other nonsense you typed. I was just explaining why I personally didn't make this thread months ago when I found out GS sold Amazon gcs. If you love this deal because you need diapers or whatever to take care of your family, be my guest. Go nuts.

#139 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Wtf? You're reading into what I typed way too much. I don't hate Amazon or any of the other nonsense you typed. I was just explaining why I personally didn't make this thread months ago when I found out GS sold Amazon gcs. If you love this deal because you need diapers or whatever to take care of your family, be my guest. Go nuts.

You want to explain a fact being that you did not post about this because you think this is not a deal and such a thread would be wasteful, this is your logical reasoning, no? You were clearly emotional about it too, and I was merely pointing out the fact that a lot of CAGs will benefit from this information, and hence we appreciate the thread and thank the OP.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#140 Play3rtwo

Play3rtwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

silly question, but does gamestop charge tax on this? i know they do (or did at one point) on psn cards.
Posted Image

#141 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

silly question, but does gamestop charge tax on this? i know they do (or did at one point) on psn cards.

Which state are you in?

EDIT: And I think most states will not charge taxes on GC purchases. Especially if Amazon charges tax in your state, mathematically you would be paying double the tax if GS charged you tax on this.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#142 Play3rtwo

Play3rtwo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:50 PM

Alabama
Posted Image

#143 ChillyWillie

ChillyWillie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I just called my local GameStop and asked if they sold Amazon GC and a employee named Micheal told me, "Yes we do sell them, but we are out of stock right now."

I asked if they can printed on a receipt like the Steam GCs and he said they only sell the physical cards.

Rosenberg, TX GS

#144 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:38 PM

:D I was just talking about you in my earlier reply :lol:
You really are known for your emotions towards Amazon.

All I am saying is that amazon gets too much love at CAG when in reality all they do is price match retailers. It used to be at CAG where every retail deal had a comment about getting amazon to price match the deal. Thankfully that has stopped. I think newegg has been posting better "original" deals (not pricematch) than amazon.

#145 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

You want to explain a fact being that you did not post about this because you think this is not a deal and such a thread would be wasteful, this is your logical reasoning, no? You were clearly emotional about it too, and I was merely pointing out the fact that a lot of CAGs will benefit from this information, and hence we appreciate the thread and thank the OP.

It cracks me up to see that you call him emotional about it when it shows that you are emotional with your response. :lol:

#146 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

This was not a deal to me personally so I did not post it months ago. That doesn't mean that this thread shouldn't exist or that it's wasteful, just that I didn't do it. And again you are reading into my statements. You are reading emotions where there are none. And CAGs could benefit from many things.

#147 FadeToDark

FadeToDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

Which state are you in?

EDIT: And I think most states will not charge taxes on GC purchases. Especially if Amazon charges tax in your state, mathematically you would be paying double the tax if GS charged you tax on this.

They charge tax on Microsoft points because MS doesn't charge tax on their purchases online. PSN doesn't have tax because they charge tax on their online. So therefore Amazon isn't taxed because they charge tax through their site.

#148 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:54 PM

Lots of butthurt in a thread that shouldn't be having it guys.

#149 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

No "Gift Card" that has a $$ amount is taxed.

The only items that are taxed are point cards, cards which give items/games, and cards that can be redeemed again for monetary value.

#150 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just got back from my GS and this went through without any problems. I canceled a pre-order and had enough credit to get two $25 Amazon GC's. Awesome "deal" :D

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png