Get Amazon GC's at GameStop now

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
178 replies to this topic

#151 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

i can confirm this as well. i had about 50 dollars across to gamestop giftcards. I converted them to 50 amazon codes and the let was cashed out.

just to clarify this isn't a physical giftcard but rather one that is handled digitally. you pay to get a amazon giftcard code.

#152 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

Worked fine at my local GS. Transferred over to 50 bucks easy.

#153 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

If you buy too many e gift cards, your receipt will screw up and some of your codes will get cut off. Trust me on this. Not very fun to deal with at all.

#154 zojirushi

zojirushi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

If you buy too many e gift cards, your receipt will screw up and some of your codes will get cut off. Trust me on this. Not very fun to deal with at all.

Can you tell how many is "too many"? I need to get 13, so what increments should I buy them in?

#155 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Can you tell how many is "too many"? I need to get 13, so what increments should I buy them in?

You only have one choice- $25. Unless you're talking about what quantity at a time. I bought 20 at the same time. They started messing up around the 15th or so code. Prepare to have a receipt that's a mile long. I actually found out later that it doesn't matter if the codes mess up because you can get the codes from your "digital locker" on the power up rewards website. Anyway, it's a hassle to buy them all at once just because for every code you have to click "agree" on the touchpad and then the guy checking you out has to keep counting codes to make sure he sells you the correct amount. It's no problem if you need to buy 13 at the same time, but it's slightly time consuming.

#156 zojirushi

zojirushi

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

They started messing up around the 15th or so code. Prepare to have a receipt that's a mile long. I actually found out later that it doesn't matter if the codes mess up because you can get the codes from your "digital locker" on the power up rewards website.

That's what I needed to know (I need 13 of the $25 codes). Good to hear all the codes are in your rewards locker though.

Thanks.

#157 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

Has anyone gotten any problems with Store employee's doing this? Was going to check my local store tomorrow but I hate confrontation and i'm worried they'll make a big stink if they do have them. I'm hoping to use my 100$ Credit and 100$ in Gamestop Giftcards.

#158 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

Can anyone confirm no PUR bonus points?

#159 zojirushi

zojirushi

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

Has anyone gotten any problems with Store employee's doing this? Was going to check my local store tomorrow but I hate confrontation and i'm worried they'll make a big stink if they do have them. I'm hoping to use my 100$ Credit and 100$ in Gamestop Giftcards.

I just did it this evening with a $325 Gift Card. I didn't get any problems or hassles from the employees - it was straight forward and easy. A little annoying having to approve each and every $25 code and the receipt is about 12 feet long, but the employees were good natured about it.

I'm sure it will vary by store & employee though. Cause really we're trading Gamestop Credit for Amazon Credit which might make some employees defensive. I just said I was buying some as gifts for nieces/nephews and some for myself and they were cool.

#160 ken9

ken9

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

lmao tried buying $200 in amazon gc's using purely credits but the girl ringing me up wouldn't do it cause it's considered 'money laundering' >_> too lazy to argue about it so I just went to another gamestop 5 mins away and got it there. now to splurge on amazon :D lool

#161 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:57 AM

I tried to buy the amazon giftcards at two different gamestops today, but neither one had employees who knew I to do it. I told them the giftcard codes printed out on the receipts like steam codes. At one gamestop they told me they sell Kindle credit, but not Amazon credit. The other store couldn't said they couldn't find the sku on their sheet or in the computer.

Should I just go to another gamestop and show them the receipt in the OP so they have the sku?

lmao tried buying $200 in amazon gc's using purely credits but the girl ringing me up wouldn't do it cause it's considered 'money laundering' >_> too lazy to argue about it so I just went to another gamestop 5 mins away and got it there. now to splurge on amazon :D lool

I'm an idiot. This whole time I thought "money laundering" required some sort of "money." The only stuff I know about money laundering a learned from Office Space, and Breaking Bad, and The Wire, and The Sopranos, and Scarface and Lethal Weapon 2, but what do I know? I've never even heard of money laundering without money until right now. That gamestop employee must be a criminal mastermind for figuring out how to launder money without any money. Watch out for her.

#162 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Money laundering? Oh man, that really made my day...

#163 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

I tried to buy the amazon giftcards at two different gamestops today, but neither one had employees who knew I to do it. I told them the giftcard codes printed out on the receipts like steam codes. At one gamestop they told me they sell Kindle credit, but not Amazon credit. The other store couldn't said they couldn't find the sku on their sheet or in the computer.

Should I just go to another gamestop and show them the receipt in the OP so they have the sku?

The guy at gamestop had no idea they were doing this and said at one time they were selling kindle codes. I told him they were digital codes for amazon and he said ''Ok, I'll look into it'' and sure enough he was able to print them out. He was worried about the amount of money I was trading in for amazon codes and had to call some guy at an MLG event to make sure he was allowed to do it. At the end of the day he gave me an extra $25 free.

#164 FadeToDark

FadeToDark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:08 PM

Can anyone confirm no PUR bonus points?

You should get PUR points because they credit points for every POSA card except for GameStop Gift cards.

#165 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

You should get PUR points because they credit points for every POSA card except for GameStop Gift cards.

The normal 10 pts/dollar? If so, that's what I wanted to hear.

#166 zojirushi

zojirushi

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

The normal 10 pts/dollar? If so, that's what I wanted to hear.

Yup - I received 10/dollar on my Amazon GC purchase! Brilliant!

#167 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

I got my PUR added

#168 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

I wonder if it's dead or I'm doing something wrong. I tried three Gamestops and they couldn't find anything with the SKU given. The only thing they found was physical cards SKU that was for the Kindle Promo. It could also be because I'm in CA.

76561197967716198.png

#169 mousebites

mousebites

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

Deal is dead. Glad I got 400 bucks when I did last night.

#170 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

Just found this thread, can anyone else confirm it's dead? I would love to have Amazon GCs as an option with my GameStop credit.
Posted Image

#171 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

Just found this thread, can anyone else confirm it's dead? I would love to have Amazon GCs as an option with my GameStop credit.

It's been confirmed dead by several in the Gamestop threads on the main deals page.

76561197967716198.png

#172 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

I recall seeing physical cards a few weeks ago. Only thing is that the cards were in a case where the Kindles are kept. I would think the cards should be able to be sold as the free kindle card promo with kindle purchase is over.

#173 Armaly

Armaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Went to both of my local gamestops. They couldn't find anything at the first one and at the second one they could only find the promo kindle ones. Needless to say, they didn't sell them to me.

#174 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

I recall seeing physical cards a few weeks ago. Only thing is that the cards were in a case where the Kindles are kept. I would think the cards should be able to be sold as the free kindle card promo with kindle purchase is over.

I was able to purchase the physical amazon gift cards at a GS I went to without any problems. They had three $25 ones hanging on the rack so I would assume that made it easier for me to purchase since I didn't have to ask for them.

#175 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

my gamestop knew nothing about the digital code :*(

#176 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

my gamestop knew nothing about the digital code :*(

There's a reason this deal is in the Graveyard...

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#177 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

sad panda

#178 dsingh2007

dsingh2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

I traded in my Xbox on 5/10 and bought a $25 Amazon gift card. They only one left. I must have called 10 Gamestops around my area to find out if any of them have these Amazon gift cards but all of them were out. :-(

#179 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

damn you gamestop for killing this deal....damn you.