Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (3/31 to 4/6)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#31 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

How long is dishonored? Like gears long, deus ex long, zelda long?

#32 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:48 AM

but honestly the overall package is fun, and for wd fans a must. i payed full price and dont feel ripped off.

I'm a fan and I wouldn't pay $5. Plenty of other games out there that are more worthy of my time and money.

IIRC, it can be beat in about 10 hours. However, it's definitely worth multiple playthroughs to try different tactics and methods.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#33 zyk

zyk

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

Not even a trade in bonus eh? Guess I'll trade in Black Ops 2 this week.

#34 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

It varies wildly depending on how you play. It took me 22 hours doing a full stealth play through doing minimal killing. If you run and gun and treat it like your normal FPS you can finish it in under 10 hours. Realistically if you do a mix of both you will full somewhere in between. The game really does shine being played with stealth. The game also encourages multiple play throughs because of different endings (the better of the two endings is giving to people who have a low"chaos" rating in the game meaning didn't kill many, the other ending is given to high "chaos" rated people)

#35 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

walking dead had so much potential, it would have been dead island with a story worth caring about.

Wish someone would do a Walking Dead mod for Left 4 Dead 2...

#36 Broken Jaw

Broken Jaw

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

Is 100% trade-in credit continuing?

#37 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

It varies wildly depending on how you play. It took me 22 hours doing a full stealth play through doing minimal killing. If you run and gun and treat it like your normal FPS you can finish it in under 10 hours. Realistically if you do a mix of both you will full somewhere in between. The game really does shine being played with stealth. The game also encourages multiple play throughs because of different endings (the better of the two endings is giving to people who have a low"chaos" rating in the game meaning didn't kill many, the other ending is given to high "chaos" rated people)

Thanks for all the responses. I like stealth but I use the one bullet to the head before they see me. So how much is this game worth to those who have played it?

#38 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

The Zombie AI maybe be the exact opposite of the AI created to control Elizabeth. It is like the HAVE to pound on a wall/fence/door if they are near one. It is pretty pathetic.

#39 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Was waiting to see if the Redboxes around here would get Survival Instinct but I guess I'll just pick it up for $30. Got some leftover reward certs so it should ease the pain if I do end up hating the game.

#40 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:41 AM

Damn you Best Buy! Have a B2G1 already!

#41 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

I rented Walking dead despite the reviews. Mainly cause I wanted to see the story despite the bad game play. I made it almost 3 hours into it before I decided to return it early and just play the defiance beta instead. I think 10 would be about what I would recommend a fan to pay for it. I'll get it if it drops to 5 anywhere and play a bit here and there.

#42 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

survival instinct price nuke already lol. wow what a turd, i still regret borrowing it from my friend

i'd regret having a friend who would purchase survival instinct.

#43 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

i'd regret having a friend who would purchase survival instinct.

i dont, he gave me a free rental lol
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#44 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for all the responses. I like stealth but I use the one bullet to the head before they see me. So how much is this game worth to those who have played it?

I paid $45 for it as a preorder (PC) and felt it was more then worth it. It was my GOTY last year.

#45 bigperm81

bigperm81

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

You are wrong about it not being glitchy (the graphics are shit too). I hope everyone will watch this video and see what this game is really worth (I'd give it a 2/10). I wouldn't even buy this game for $5 and I'll usually buy almost any game for $5. This game was Activision's horrible attempt to cash in on TWD's popularity.

well i did more than watch a video i actually own and have played the game, im not saying its perfact or even a great game, i was just saying all in all it played pretty smooth. as for the graphics they are kinda going for a rough walking dead intro kinda look. at times they pull it off, others the game does look kinda just meh. was just saying if any walking dead fans were interested and kinda on the fence, that its not that bad. i can think of way worse games, call of juarez the cartel for one is way worse. lol lets play a game called think of something worse than that game

#46 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

Darn, still hoping for a sale on Sleeping Dogs. I finally got around to the demo and really enjoyed it.

#47 cartoonboy

cartoonboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

i've been holding out for a price drop on Borderlands 2, but with talks of a goty edition, I may be waiting even longer!

#48 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Maybe there will be another Friday , Saturday sale to make up for the weak ad. Seems like those have been better lately anyway.

#49 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

Quick question: I couldn't find the specific thread to ask this so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

So I preordered Tomb Raider to get the $20 RZ cert., a couple days ago I saw that amazon was selling TR for $42, I didn't see the price until BB was closed so I couldn't price match so I thought I would just call BB and order another copy with a price match to amazon and then return it with my old receipt. My question is, web I return it, what will happen to my 1000 points? They've already been issued to my account so will my account go negative or what? I didn't even realize this until now..

#50 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Quick question: I couldn't find the specific thread to ask this so I'm hoping someone can help me out.

So I preordered Tomb Raider to get the $20 RZ cert., a couple days ago I saw that amazon was selling TR for $42, I didn't see the price until BB was closed so I couldn't price match so I thought I would just call BB and order another copy with a price match to amazon and then return it with my old receipt. My question is, web I return it, what will happen to my 1000 points? They've already been issued to my account so will my account go negative or what? I didn't even realize this until now..

Yep, if you return the game they will deduct the 1000 bonus points from your account and if you don't have enough points then your account will go into a negative. A CAG confirmed this will happen a while ago in the $20 RWZ Cert thread.

#51 JohnWayne

JohnWayne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Yep, if you return the game they will deduct the 1000 bonus points from your account and if you don't have enough points then your account will go into a negative. A CAG confirmed this will happen a while ago in the $20 RWZ Cert thread.

Ugh that really sucks, thanks for the quick reply

#52 phoenicks

phoenicks

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Why wait for Best Buy when Dishonored is $30 at Amazon right now...

#53 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

Damn you Best Buy! Have a B2G1 already!

This.

I want to pick up Mario games for my 3ds since I was refused trying to pm target. (Rightfully so)

Also maybe MH and Pokemon Black 2 and whatever else my heart desires. (Got lots of RZC to burn before they expire)

xivpads.png

#54 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Hmmm...Dishonored is at my price point, but I think I'm going to hold off for now. There will most likely be a GOTY edition, as with all Bethesda games, and I'm not going to get around to playing it immediately.

Also the reason I haven't snagged Assassin's Creed III just yet, as I'm hoping this King Washington Edition they are releasing in Germany will make it Stateside soon.

#55 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

i can see The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct or the other games 5 when the coupons come out

#56 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Hmmm...Dishonored is at my price point, but I think I'm going to hold off for now. There will most likely be a GOTY edition, as with all Bethesda games, and I'm not going to get around to playing it immediately.

Also the reason I haven't snagged Assassin's Creed III just yet, as I'm hoping this King Washington Edition they are releasing in Germany will make it Stateside soon.

Skyrim still doesn't have one, so have fun waiting.

xivpads.png

#57 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

FYI- Your Best Buy may be closed on Sunday. According to my in store pick up request it warned me the store would be closed this Sunday for Easter.

#58 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Select games listed are:
NBA 2K13, Need for Speed Most Wanted - $59.99
Lego City Undercover - $49.99
Luigi's Mansion - $39.99
GTA IV Complete or Max Payne 3 - $29.99
& more in store

GTA V Reservation Card - $1

You have to purchase both the qualifying game and a $1 GTA V reservation. You do not need to purchase GTA V when it comes out; you get your $10 gift card right away. If however, you do decide to pick up GTA V in September you get a $5 gift card at that time if you have the game reserved.

---

:ps3: Epic Mickey Move Bundle $299.99 w/ free $50 gift card

Edited by litepink, 29 March 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#59 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

FYI- Your Best Buy may be closed on Sunday. According to my in store pick up request it warned me the store would be closed this Sunday for Easter.

my pickup email did not state my bestbuy would be closed for easter

#60 snacks28217

snacks28217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

thanks