Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:21 AM

Wireless is slow.

elessar123.png

#272 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:23 AM

obviously not, in fact it's usually my favorites that get canned in 1-2 seasons (RIP School Rumble:cry:)

yeah most stuff is only 1-2 seasons but i always just continue the manga.

#273 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:29 AM

Wireless is slow.

Errr... What? Lol

I am sorry but LTE on phones are faster than most homes Internet speeds.

Anyway, you may also want to look into the new routers that are available. Wireless is slow if your using old technology. ;)

xivpads.png

#274 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:32 AM

I used to love One Piece, but eventually stopped paying much attention to it. Then Shonen Jump skipped to Impel Down and I couldn't tell WTF was going on by the time Whitebeard made the scene. Haven't really kept up with it since and have no real desire to go back.

#275 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

Errr... What? Lol

I am sorry but LTE on phones are faster than most homes Internet speeds.

Anyway, you may also want to look into the new routers that are available. Wireless is slow if your using old technology. ;)

Wireless N600, I get a little over 2 MB/s, versus 125 MB/s on gigabit. So yes, slow.

Edit: Ok, 117 MB/s on gigabit.

elessar123.png

#276 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:35 AM

I used to love One Piece, but eventually stopped paying much attention to it. Then Shonen Jump skipped to Impel Down and I couldn't tell WTF was going on by the time Whitebeard made the scene. Haven't really kept up with it since and have no real desire to go back.

wow marineford and saboady were 2 of the best arcs in one piece. i would say go back and read marineford it was epic when whitebeard appeared trust me.

#277 GameNChick

GameNChick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:37 AM

Some cute slippers I bought

Posted Image

#278 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

Wireless N600, I get a little over 2 MB/s, versus 125 MB/s on gigabit. So yes, slow.

Edit: Ok, 117 MB/s on gigabit.

Then your doing something wrong... And by the way it is mbps not MBps.

Your wireless receiver must either be old, or you have screwed up settings. Even when I used old wireless stuff back in the day, I got 50mbps. That was back when it was a/b only.

xivpads.png

#279 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

It matches your pillow lol.

needler420.png

#280 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Then your doing something wrong... And by the way it is mbps not MBps.

Your wireless receiver must either be old, or you have screwed up settings. Even when I used old wireless stuff back in the day, I got 50mbps. That was back when it was a/b only.

No, it's MBps. And there's no way you got 50 mbps on a/b/g, because the real limit is something like 18 mbps per direction, if you have one and only one thing connected.

elessar123.png

#281 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

No, it's MBps. And there's no way you got 50 mbps on a/b/g, because the real limit is something like 18 mbps per direction, if you have one and only one thing connected.

Ok, you seem to be confused on how your connection strength is truly rated.

Your connection is rated by Megabits (Mb - correction from my previous post), NOT MegaBytes (MB). Capitalization makes a world of difference. And no, I did have a 50Mbps connection with my a/b/g connection back in the day (cap back then was 54Mbps).

Anyway, you must have been talking download / upload speed then. In which case, your still doing it wrong, and besides N isn't the best anymore, unfortunately.

Honestly tho I think it comes down to whatever you are using to receive the signal rather than transmitting if your only getting a 2Mbps connection rate.

xivpads.png

#282 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

Sigh. Last post on this from me.

Spoiler

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering "who the Fuck cares?"

elessar123.png

#283 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

From Craigslist. Only really wanted the Rock Band guitar, but the guy didn't want to split it up. For $15, I think it was a decent deal, and brings me one step closer to moving all my rock band stuff from wii to 360;)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#284 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:14 AM

Why so much Ethernet? Buy a repeater, place it near the last known good spot of the wifi signal, and it will increase the range by half in that direction.

Ethernet is so stone age, haha.

We find wired to be more reliable than wireless, especially since she streams a lot of tv shows.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#285 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:44 AM

Posted Image

From Craigslist. Only really wanted the Rock Band guitar, but the guy didn't want to split it up. For $15, I think it was a decent deal, and brings me one step closer to moving all my rock band stuff from wii to 360;)

Nice pick up. I love the strum on the Xplorer I do way better on songs with that but the buttons on the strat are way better haha.

Since you guys are arguing about wireless and stuff.

Which kind of wireless router would you recommend?
I'm looking for a new once since my current one which is a like a $30 Belkin router doesn't even connect to my phone unless I'm in the same room. My house isn't even big either.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#286 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

I have been very pleased with my D-Link, but I don't have as much to add to the conversation as some of the rest of you seem to... lol

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#287 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

My newest D-link had good ratings on Cnet, but I sort of hate it as it randomly decides that it won't go to certain, obscure sites like Yahoo mail, and some place called google ???

Not often, but once a month or so I have to restart it so I can back to those really niche sites that are really of no importance.

#288 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:05 PM

15 bucks. Having fun pulling giant shards of glass out of small children :P

Inserting the glass is the truly fun part!

Dude, my brain is pudding. Had a baby yesterday. The past 6 days has been a blur. My bad.

I've been there; it happens. But don't worry, it only lasts for the rest of your life. My son is almost 3 now and I can feel myself getting dumber by the week. Congrats, by the way!

Got the urge to pick up some PS1 games and Xbox 1 stuff and it all went horribly wrong (read: right.) I haven't been a proper "collector" in about 7 years b/c of school, but now i'm bored.

Have you played Gekido? If so, is there a level with waves or rising water levels or some such? For years, I've been trying to remember a fighting game that came out for either N64 or PS1. The only thing I can remember about it is that the commercial or preview I saw showed a small group of characters fighting each other while trying to escape a flood or tidal wave. I wanted it so bad back then, but I can't remember what the hell it was. I do remember it having a one-word Japanese title like Gekido, though.

I'm looking for a new once since my current one which is a like a $30 Belkin router doesn't even connect to my phone unless I'm in the same room. My house isn't even big either.

For a few years now, I've been using a $40 Belkin router and I have no complaints. I can connect to it from anywhere on our property...down the street as well. Sounds like you should've spent 10 more dollars!

#289 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

As I'm typing this, I'm wondering "who the Fuck cares?"

Obviously we did last night, lol. Anyway, just gonna drop this link here:

http://m.bestbuy.com...Id=abcat0503000

xivpads.png

#290 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:30 PM

I've been there; it happens. But don't worry, it only lasts for the rest of your life. My son is almost 3 now and I can feel myself getting dumber by the week. Congrats, by the way!!

I bet it does!

Thanks man! We're really looking forward to bringing the little booger home :)

I imagine that by 3 that he'll be smarter than me and putting me in my place. I'll probably need to be put into a retirement home by 40 :P

#291 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

I use an Netgear N600, and it works pretty well. Also has support for 5.6Ghz mode, and only cost about $70 or so a couple years ago (so should be cheaper now).

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#292 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Have you played Gekido? If so, is there a level with waves or rising water levels or some such? For years, I've been trying to remember a fighting game that came out for either N64 or PS1. The only thing I can remember about it is that the commercial or preview I saw showed a small group of characters fighting each other while trying to escape a flood or tidal wave. I wanted it so bad back then, but I can't remember what the hell it was. I do remember it having a one-word Japanese title like Gekido, though.

i only played one level last night (it actually seems like a decent brawler.) but a quick google search says there is a flood stage in the game.

#293 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Built my house a few years ago and wired it with ethernet.

Its faster (dont care what you say about wireless, its not as consistent fast as Gigabit), more secure, and not everything comes with wifi (such as bluray players).

Also all of this speed talk is nonsense anwyays, even g wifi is fast enough to stream HD video, the only time gigabit or really fast wifi even matter is when you are transferring large files over a network, and how often does one do that?

Fuck Ubisoft

kilik123.png

#294 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Posted Image

elessar123.png

#295 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

I'm not trying to judge, but if I was a girl walking into your place, and saw that...might be just a tad weird.

But hey, I guess some people dig that kind of thing;)

#296 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

found these at work for $10 each today and had to buy these. 52 episodes which is a great deal

#297 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

I'm not trying to judge, but if I was a girl walking into your place, and saw that...might be just a tad weird.

Yea, it would be weird if you were a girl. And walked into my place. I'd probably call the cops.

elessar123.png

#298 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Nice, Kuroneko is cool!
I have a ton of figures (for her I think I have the kotobukiy one, maybe others, and the figma/nendoroid), but generally avoid the swimsuits ones. Just think they are cuter with clothes.

#299 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Yea, it would be weird if you were a girl. And walked into my place. I'd probably call the cops.

but what if I was cute;)

:rofl:not that I would be, even in this hypothetical example. Me as a girl would be even scarier than plain old me:rofl:

#300 MykelxKnight

MykelxKnight

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

A couple things I picked up lately....

Posted Image

Best pick up so far were the 2 Game cases... I was at Savers and was super surprised to see them both were brand new no problems not even ever opened. $1.99 each :) Although I wish I could get more of the disc holders to put it, Ive been searching for a case like this to hold the book manual and disc.