The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
448 replies to this topic

#31 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:56 AM

Ordered this stuff late march but came in this month.
Posted Image
I found a Barne's and Noble card on the floor at work one day and it had 18 bucks on it. Browsed on their site for a while and only found this masterchief. Bought two of them to use up the credit, will probably sell the other or something. The games from newegg and the blu ray from Goguenator's lowball.

#32 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

Here's a collection update! There's a bunch of Metal Gear Rising love in this one! I also show (and talk about) Dead Space 3 / Crysis 3, as well as some other random stuff.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#33 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

And also...woot! The pop vinyl Power Rangers are finally here! I bought all three from th first series, and since Hot Topic was having a b1g1 50% off, I got Master Chief too.
Posted Image

I want those pop vinyl Power Rangers. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#34 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:48 AM

Nice finds! Panzer Dragoon Orta is on my list of original Xbox titles to pick up as well.

mine too. I don't know why I keep passing it up, I've seen a ton of couples for $5 or so at a local store:roll:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#35 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

Panzer Orta is win! Can't believe they never added 360 emulation support for it :/

#36 Scootsy

Scootsy

T'wolves/Magic/Bulls Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

They were still going for a pretty penny before the show started. Saw a few sets 1-99 or higher go for around $2000 maybe the last 6 months. Usually go for 3-4. I was thinking about buying one and then selling the key issues then the rest as a lot and keep #1. I'd make most or all my money back, so one would be free... Just would be a lot of work.

Oh yeah, they are also having a variant of number 1 for each Wizard Con this year. Portland was Michael Golden, St Louis was Arthur Suydam. Go for around. $30-60 each on eBay. The other variant cover artists haven't been announced yet.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea but selling on Ebay would be a bitch, their fees are insane :cry:

My girlfriend's brother is going to comic con down here in Tampa this year, I'm wanting to ask him to take my issues and get them signed from Kirkman to us, one with each of our names. I think that would be so tits to have a framed "From Robert Kirkman to Ethan" TWD issue #1 :lol:

#37 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:00 AM

Well I was just visiting my Grandfather the other day and he had aquired quite a bit of video gaming stuff over the last few years. We used to yard sale together quite a bit when I was younger and I got him aware of the fact the video games can hold quite a bit of value so he has picked up nearly any under $10 lot he found that interested him.

He recently decided he was sick of it all and asked me to sell it all for him and in return I could keep the stuff that interested me. Everything except the Pikachu N64 came from that. The Pikachu N64 I grabbed from my cousin after I helped him with his PC. Only thing not currently working is the SNES mini. Gonna have to get a gamebit so I can get some of these Nintendo consoles apart. Everything else I got from him I didn't picture but it is up on my tradelist.

Posted Image
Both of the controllers are for the Genesis. The clear one intrigued me as I have never seen one and I actually didn't own one of the Sega Turbo controllers so I kept that as well.

Posted Image

So yeah in total all this stuff was free to me.
Posted Image

#38 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Picked up New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $34 and some change. Not a steal, but it was a good price. It came with its original case/manual and the disc itself is in phenomenal shape. Also have Kingdom Hearts 2 coming. Ordered it at the beginning of last week and still hasn't arrived. Fucking DHL...

Dude, nice score with the Legend of Dragoon! That game is awesome! I remember playing the demo over and over and over again. Never did buy the game, but the Jampack disc with that demo on it was sure spinning a lot. And it's black label, too. Nice.

660090.png 660091.png

#39 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:21 PM

SNES prolly just needs a cleaning (lack of power indicator is a PITA with those). They're pretty tough to actually break ;)

#40 biblioman

biblioman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

So I keep picking up games:

April:
Posted Image
I walked into a GameStop, traded in Diamond version for $22.40, and returned Pokemon White for $24ish, and walked out with:
Blue Rescue Team
Devil Survivor 2
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Tetris DS
(and a $2 gift card)
$71 total, but $43 after B2G1 DS and a $5 coupon in a separate transaction.

Chrono Trigger
Kingdom Hearts re:Coded
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
$43.05 total, ordered from Gamestop.com while the codes stacked (which I think they still do... *starts rubbing hands together*)

And copypasta from March:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Gates to Infinity
LM: Dark Moon
Tetris Axis
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon White
Pokemon White V2
Red 3DS XL that I got with PERFECT timing: I couldn't return it to GameStop in the 7 days by the time I heard about the Target deal.

And guess who just hit 100 games in his collection!
Posted Image
See my list!

#41 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

Posted Image

#42 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Mostly from March but a few from this month so far :)

Posted Image
Kind of regretting the GOW Ascension CE. The statue of Kratos is very subpar IMO.

Posted Image
I'm running out of shelf space so for now the songbird is staying in the box.

Posted Image
Various pick ups. Oddly Brainlord is one of the few Enix games I have never played. Picked it up for $7. Pokemons were back from the BB sale.

Posted Image
Picked up Defiance yesterday (traded in games for the 50% extra promo at GS) so nothing out of pocket for that. The SF anniversary edition dropped to a price of my liking ($64) so I had to snag it for that. Very impressed with the box and design. Wish they had made physical disc for the Arcade games.

Posted Image
So happy the Artbook is a hardcover. Also snagged the last Litho when I picked up my guide and season pass at GS.

Posted Image
Thankfully Amazon.de sent me the right size steelbook this time. Bought Arkham & Noire off a friend for $10 total. Gaiden at MSRP obviously, P2 & LOTR on sale. And filling in the small holes in my PS2 collection. Oddly WOTS 1 eluded me way more than 2 did

Edited by ZxT Vendetta, 03 April 2013 - 10:23 PM.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#43 lolwut?

lolwut?

Thank you BasedGod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Saw these on sale at Gamestop for $4.99 and figured some people on here might be interested; Master Chief and Cortana were the same price but the ones they had were pretty beat up. Dunno how Gamestop handles toys but I think the prices would be universal

Posted Image

#44 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Latest package:

Posted Image

Didn't think Solty Rei would be so thick.

Posted Image

#45 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

I enjoyed Solty Rei a lot. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#46 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

I enjoyed Solty Rei a lot. :lol:

I actually bought the singles way back when (even have Vol. 2 autographed by 4 VAs), but I can't fit the slipcover over 6 coverarts. Thought the non-S.A.V.E. edition would be in a normal case or a thinpack case like other FUNi sets, but this one is a digipak.

#47 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

I actually bought the singles way back when (even have Vol. 2 autographed by 4 VAs), but I can't fit the slipcover over 6 coverarts. Thought the non-S.A.V.E. edition would be in a normal case or a thinpack case like other FUNi sets, but this one is a digipak.

I have the singles too, but I have the slipcovers for them. I see, I'll just keep mine them, I enjoy looking at the art work anyway. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#48 ZombieToast

ZombieToast

He wears a disguise to look like human guys.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

I feel so left out. It's weird not having a bunch of pick-ups to share with everyone. I might be getting a new house fairly soon, though, much to my dismay.

#49 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

I feel so left out. It's weird not having a bunch of pick-ups to share with everyone. I might be getting a new house fairly soon, though, much to my dismay.

I think that would about win Pickup of the Month:applause:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#50 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Posted Image

Btoom vol 1, Jack the ripper hellblade vol 1 (i like it alot), Worst vol 3 (had all three volumes that came out in the us but lost them in a move all i need is vol 2 which is hard to find at a good price. Gundam the origins vol 1 hardcover

Posted Image

grant morrison happy

Posted Image

bedlam #4 phatom variant, saga # 10, 11. Legend of luther strode #3 and #3 phatom variant, luther strode #6 variant

Posted Image

broken blade, Le Chevalier D'Eon - Vol. 6

Posted Image

blue seed, the box is beat up was suppose to be like new but got it for $4, and escaflowne

#51 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Posted Image

btooom is amazing also loved the anime cant wait for the second season.

#52 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

btooom is amazing also loved the anime cant wait for the second season.

havent read the book yet but heard it was good and that it was like battle royale with bombs

#53 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

havent read the book yet but heard it was good and that it was like battle royale with bombs

yeah you are gonna love it then. The anime is on crunchyroll streaming if you want to give that a watch as well.

#54 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

forgot one luther strode print signed by the writer and artist

Posted Image

#55 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

finally completed my baka and test collection with this ova

#56 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:58 PM

more note worthy items of my pickups today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by wasabi5858, 04 April 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#57 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:36 AM

Posted Image

Bought B1G1 50% off at a local import/used game shop. Just need to find Volume 3 of Dual somewhere cheap. Volumes 1 and 2 I can get easy.

Posted Image

I really wish FUNi would go back to those 2 2-disc thinpak sets for their collections. Very nice packaging, much better than a simple slipcover. But no, we need more stupid combo packs apparently.

#58 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

How much did you pay for that volume of dual because when I bought mine i bought the whole set for $40 used. dual is the only mech anime I ever actually loved for some strange reason.

#59 kcobra22

kcobra22

#ShouldaDrankOverCharge

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

since we're posting pop vinyl's...

Posted Image

#60 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

how much did you pay for that volume of dual because when i bought mine i bought the whole set for $40 used. Dual is the only mech anime i ever actually loved for some strange reason.

$4.99 :)