The Official CAG April 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
448 replies to this topic

#181 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Good! I know games, but know nothing about anime post 1999, and as such, I never have an effing clue what you've picked up :P LOL!

I've wanted one of these forever, and 50 bucks seemed like a fair enough price considering I don't see them all that often, plus I sent out some hefty invoices this week and felt like treating myself to something without thinking too much about the price :) Hunting for deals is fun and all, but sometimes it's nice to just buy something without too much fuss, you know?

Posted Image

#182 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#183 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:47 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

amazing funny series, loved it and have the same box set.

#184 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

#185 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

amazing funny series, loved it and have the same box set.

Yeah, it's hilariously random and confusing. :D

#186 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:21 PM

sounds like something I'd enjoy:bouncy:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#187 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Grabbed these today. $15, and I don't have to make covers! $ That's a relief!

Posted Image

#188 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

I would have liked it better if it was "Guu." I could not stand Hare.

My delivery today:

Posted Image

Also got 5 clear 6-disc DVD cases.

#189 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

i posted this in the dvd section but this is just a heads up for the people here

http://www.amazon.ca...keywords=hayate

#190 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

i posted this in the dvd section but this is just a heads up for the people here

http://www.amazon.ca...keywords=hayate

thanks i ordered 2

#191 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Is it because he's a whiny bitch? :D

#192 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:35 AM

Is it because he's a whiny bitch? :D

idk that made it even funnier to me

#193 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

idk that made it even funnier to me

Same, although there were some times even I couldn't stand how much he whined.

#194 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:28 AM

Hare was like Beauty in Bobobo - the constant freaking out whenever anything not normal happens got really annoying really fast.

#195 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

My delivery today:

Posted Image

Also got 5 clear 6-disc DVD cases.

I'm really hoping Sailor Moon makes it to bluray some day since the dvds can get pricey.

#196 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:03 AM

Picked up a nice CD tower for $1.97 use it for my single disc ps1 games auto opens

Closed

Open

Best Buy Haul for $25 out of pocket

Link

:ps3: Hitman Absolution($40), Hitman Hardcover guide($10), :ps3: Sleeping Dogs($20), :br: Super Troopers($9), :br: My Cousin Vinny ($9)

$20 off Hitman (GCU coupon), 15% off Guide, $20 off Sleeping Dogs (GCU coupon), B1G1 Blu, $15 Rz certificate

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#197 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:17 AM

I'm really hoping Sailor Moon makes it to bluray some day since the dvds can get pricey.

Actually, I managed to snag 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 of Sailor Moon S for under $20 each. Volumes 1 and 5 were actually $12.

Now the box sets, those can get expensive. Unfortunately, Toei won't license it out until either a) it gets broadcast on TV again or b) the licensee also picks up Pretty Guardian.

#198 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Actually, I managed to snag 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 of Sailor Moon S for under $20 each. Volumes 1 and 5 were actually $12.

Now the box sets, those can get expensive. Unfortunately, Toei won't license it out until either a) it gets broadcast on TV again or b) the licensee also picks up Pretty Guardian.

Man that sucks. I barely remember Sailor Moon from my childhood since we didn't have cable till after CN stopped airing it. Same went for yu yu, but I picked up the series not too long ago and fell in love with the series. I'm 94% ill do the same with sailor moon.

#199 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:08 AM

Well, even though the creator of the show wasn't there like she was supposed to be, stupid illness, I still got a signed by the producer of my new favorite documentary.

Posted Image

Edited by Obiwan456, 14 April 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#200 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:59 AM

They were still going for a pretty penny before the show started. Saw a few sets 1-99 or higher go for around $2000 maybe the last 6 months. Usually go for 3-4. I was thinking about buying one and then selling the key issues then the rest as a lot and keep #1. I'd make most or all my money back, so one would be free... Just would be a lot of work.

Oh yeah, they are also having a variant of number 1 for each Wizard Con this year. Portland was Michael Golden, St Louis was Arthur Suydam. Go for around. $30-60 each on eBay. The other variant cover artists haven't been announced yet.

Haha funny that you mention that. I worked at St Louis Wizard Con and ended up buying a TWD #1 Variant from an attendee since vendors weren't given one. Ended up buying it off a lady for 20 bucks.

#201 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:00 AM

Went bouncing around between the flea market, Goodwill and Salvation Army. Unfortunately, the weather got really bad, so I only managed to pick this up from the flea market for $10:

Spoiler

I went through three different Goodwill stores and neither had anything worth getting, which really drove me up a wall. None of them had any games, let alone DVDs or even PC games. Salvation Army was my last hope. I managed to come away with this for $3 total:

Spoiler

#202 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Damn, I wish I had that PS1 game. I have the longbox version of it but without a disc XC
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#203 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Posted Image

Pretty sure I'm just going to hang on to my Songbird edition at this point instead of returning it, since it seems like it's selling out at most places. X-Wing for $3 at a local place, the Tomb Raider controller and Luigi's Mansion were both from Newegg for $40 and $30, Fire Emblem from Ebay for $60ish, VC3 artbook from Amazon, MAG from Gamestop for $1, and the PS3 from Target clearance for a friend for $150.

ME3, Medievil II, Mario Kart and SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked were from AWD for pretty good prices. Mario Kart and SMT are both going back though, as Mario Kart was listed as the version with the wheel, and SMT has a good sized dent/rip on the front. Alas.

#204 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Took a trip to the Super Flea (local flea market) today and acutually came away with some decent stuff. The Genesis games are all pretty rough but were worth it.

Posted Image
Dragon Warrior cost me $4 and Life Force cost me $10, not the best price on either but didn't want to leave empty handed at the time. Finally as I was about to leave came across these Genesis/32x games and walked away with them for $25.

I got:
Sub Terraria
Chakan
Grindstormer
Mystic Defender
Mega Turrican
Vapor Trail
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Tempo (32x)

Not a bad day overall when I went in expecting nothing. Would've liked the Genesis games to be in better condition but I've been looking for a few of them cheap.
Posted Image

#205 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Got these at Five Below:

Posted Image

#206 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Sub Terraria

Sub Terrania is awesome. I love that game.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#207 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Took a trip to the Super Flea (local flea market) today and acutually came away with some decent stuff. The Genesis games are all pretty rough but were worth it.

Dragon Warrior cost me $4 and Life Force cost me $10, not the best price on either but didn't want to leave empty handed at the time. Finally as I was about to leave came across these Genesis/32x games and walked away with them for $25.

I got:
Sub Terraria
Chakan
Grindstormer
Mystic Defender
Mega Turrican
Vapor Trail
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
Tempo (32x)

Not a bad day overall when I went in expecting nothing. Would've liked the Genesis games to be in better condition but I've been looking for a few of them cheap.

Of all those games the one that didn't work was Grindstormer, the one game I wanted the most ...... I've cleaned it many times but it appears to be a dead cart, from what I've read on the internet Tengen games seem to have issues, I may try to swap the rom onto another Genesis game PCB but that is for another day.
Posted Image

#208 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

Just picked up Sleeping Dogs for $21 on Amazon this weekend. I've heard a lot of good things about the game. Looking forward to trying it out.

#209 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:22 AM

Of all those games the one that didn't work was Grindstormer, the one game I wanted the most ...... I've cleaned it many times but it appears to be a dead cart, from what I've read on the internet Tengen games seem to have issues, I may try to swap the rom onto another Genesis game PCB but that is for another day.

Well I got it working. I took it to the extreme level of swapping rom chips. I sacrificed Joe Montana Footballs PCB and swapped the rom onto it's board. Had to desolder 42 points on each board and then solder the rom chip onto the board. Never thought it would work but it did so I managed to revive my copy of Grind Stormer. Gotta say I am quite thrilled.
Posted Image

#210 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:24 AM

Well I got it working. I took it to the extreme level of swapping rom chips. I sacrificed Joe Montana Footballs PCB and swapped the rom onto it's board. Had to desolder 42 points on each board and then solder the rom chip onto the board. Never thought it would work but it did so I managed to revive my copy of Grind Stormer. Gotta say I am quite thrilled.

Well congrats man! Gotta love that perseverance!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler